Tera Raid Set Theorycrafting for Pokemon DLC Mons

Let me know if a thread like this isn't allowed here, but I wanted to create a place where we could come up with Tera Raid sets for Pokemon that will be coming through Home and returning in future DLCs. A lot of power and utility will be coming through Home, in particular, and I want to showcase that and have people ready to start building them when they become available.

I'll start with two Pokemon that I feel will become top tier options:

Mew and Arceus are very similar to each other in that they're movepools are extremely colorful and are Pokemon with even stats across the board (all 100s and all 120s, respectively). Arceus will likely be the better of the two thanks to bigger stat numbers, the ability to change its type to better deal with a given opponent, and Recover for reliable self-healing. Arceus-Normal will likely be the best for offensive sets because you can Tera, so you can make use of an item while also being a different type.

However, Mew does have some traits Arceus doesn't thanks to the ability to learn every TM in the game. Some of these include Helping Hand, Life Dew, Fake Tears (for Steel-types and Bulletproof mons immune to Acid Spray), Charm, Eerie Impulse, Pollen Puff, and Mud-Slap, just to name a few. Mew also has Nasty Plot, making it a better special attacking option imo.

Here are some sample sets. Not gonna do EV spreads since these mons are the definition of customizable lmao:

:mew:
Mew
Ability: Synchronize
- Life Dew
- Helping Hand
- Any of Acid Spray / Fake Tears / Chilling Water / Mud-Slap / Charm / Eerie Impulse

:Mew:
Mew
Ability: Synchronize
Modest Nature
- Acid Spray
- Nasty Plot
- literally whatever SpA move you want lmao

:arceus:
Arceus
Ability: Multitype
Modest Nature
- Acid Spray
- Recover
- Calm Mind
- Literally any SpA move you want lmao

Arceus
- Recover
- Any of Chilling Water / Screens / Iron Defense / Taunt / Will-O-Wisp / Acid Spray / Bulldoze / Weather-inducing move / etc

Arceus
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Recover
- Literally any Attack move you want lmao

Last edited:
I'll use my one bump to showcase some other mons I'm pretty excited to try out:

:ursaluna:
Ursaluna @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
Tera Type: Ground / Normal
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum / Swords Dance
- Facade
- Headlong Rush
- Coverage / Taunt / Leer / Bulldoze

The new Iron Hands / Azumarill, now with status protection and obscene power via Flame Orb Guts. The amount of raw power this bear has will be ridiculous, especially with Screech support.

:samurott-hisui:
Samurott-Hisui @ Shell Bell
Ability: Sharpness
Tera Type: Water / Dark
Adamant Nature
- Screech
- Swords Dance
- Aqua Cutter
- Night Slash

A new Screech + Swords Dance mon that becomes very powerful with its moves backed by Sharpness. Aqua Cutter and Night Slash become 105 BP and both of them have heightened crit chances. You could also crit cheese with Scope Lens + Focus Energy if you want lol

:wyrdeer:
Wyrdeer @ Light Clay
Ability: Intimidate / Sap Sipper
Tera Type: Psychic
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 (Sp)Def
Impish or Careful Nature
- Reflect / Light Screen / Psyshield Bash / Leer / Sand Attack / Helping Hand / Role Play / Skill Swap

Upgraded Stantler. Besides its pre-evo, the only Intimidate Pokemon in the game that has access to dual screens (especially good for mixed attackers), and unlike Stantler, can viably run an actual item that isn't Eviolite. Sap Sipper is also a nice alternative for Grass-types.

:enamorus:
Enamorus @ Shell Bell
Ability: Contrary
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Superpower
- Moonblast
- Mystical Fire
- Earth Power

This set needs specific support, but it sounds funny as hell. Pair this Pokemon with an Eerie Impulse user, and you'll get +2 SpA thanks to Contrary. Someone else using Acid Spray or Fake Tears for the combo, and you'll have obscenely powerful Moonblasts from Enamorus. Superpower can be used to increase Defense while you get SpA boosts. Won't work with most randoms, though. Cute Charm + Calm Mind is also an option for self-sufficient players, but it's way slower.

:overqwil:
Overqwil @ Shell Bell
Ability: Intimidate
Tera Type: Poison
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Barb Barrage
- Crunch
- Taunt

:overqwil: + :qwilfish-hisui: :eviolite:
Overqwil @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Intimidate
Tera Type: w/e
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Acid Spray
- Chilling Water
- Taunt
- Acupressure

Overqwil is probably my most anticipated Hisui form. It looks to be hella versatile, going offensive with Swords Dance + Barb Barrage, which has a 50% poison chance, and when it happens, Barb Barrage becomes 120 BP. It, along with Qwilfish which can hold Eviolite, also has very good support options with Acid Spray, Chilling Water, and Taunt. Intimidate helps both sets, of course.

:calyrex-shadow:
Calyrex-Shadow @ Shell Bell
Ability: As One (Spectrier)
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Astral Barrage
- Any of Stored Power / Psychic / Psyshock / Taunt / Draining Kiss / Giga Drain / Life Dew / Screens / Helping Hand / Snarl / Pollen Puff / Will-O-Wisp / holy fuck

Shadow Calyrex is going to be so stupid, and will rival Miraidon as the best SpA option in the game. The combination of offensive prowess and a surprisingly colorful support movepool will definitely make this mon stand out.

:calyrex-ice:
Calyrex-Ice @ Shell Bell
Ability: As One (Glastrier)
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Glacial Lance
- Any of Zen Headbutt / Close Combat / Taunt / Iron Defense / Body Press / Snowscape / Life Dew / Screens / Helping Hand / Snarl

Similarly, Ice Calyrex will be superb, too. Glacial Lance + Swords Dance with the movepool it has is just unfair.

Last edited:

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
Kyogre's Choice Specs Water Spout seems like it should KO pretty much anything other than Water Immunities and 7 Star raids. When you need strategy, there's always Chilling Water and Calm Mind.

Nerfed Zacian is still Zacian. Howl boosts everyone's Attack and she gained Nobel Roar to replace the cut move Laser Focus. (Why does the Offensive Pokemon of the duo get the move that lowers the opponent's Attack Stats? Is Zacian supposed to be better than Zamazenta defensively too? -_-)

How does Imprison work with 7 Star Raids? Transform Imprison Mew seems like a possible Auto-Win.

The Gen 8 Regis seem like they could be used as discount Miraidons if you have Scarlet an no one to give you a Miraidon. They get Dual Screens and Abilities that boost their Attacks to stupid levels of power. Sounds like Miraidon to me! :P

Regieleki's Electro Ball without Electric Terrain is much weaker than Miraidon's Electro Drift and 80/50/50 Defenses gives me feeling that you could do Dual Screens better with other Pokemon. However, Electric Terrain makes Regieleki's Electro Ball more powerful than Miraidon, so it could be fun to pair a few of this discount Miraidon with a non-discount Miraidon.

Regidrago has 200/50/50 Defenses, which are much better for a Dual Screens user, and the signature move Dragon Energy, a Dragon Type Eruption (It's better than Dragon Pulse with 56.6% or more HP.) If both Pokemon are Modest with 252 SpA, full HP Dragon Energy is slightly more powerful than Miraidon's Electro Drift! Which is amazing until you think about that it's only more powerful at full HP, which makes it best if you're going for a OHKO, and realize Miraidon has Draco Meteor if you want a Dragon Attack as powerful as their Electro Drift... which is also an Attack best for OHKOs... Maybe you should use Outrage instead so you feel like you're using a weaker and frailer Koridon that can use Dual Screens so it doesn't feel like a completely worse version of another Pokemon.

How does Last Respects work in raids? Just wondering if it could let Basculegion save some raids from being automatic losses because of partners that keep getting OHKOed. (Mostly joking, but it would be funny if it actualy saves someone.)

:samurott-hisui:
Samurott-Hisui @ Shell Bell
Adamant Nature
- Screech
- Swords Dance
- Aqua Cutter
- Ceaseless Edge

A new Screech + Swords Dance mon that becomes very powerful with its moves backed by Sharpness. Aqua Cutter becomes 105 BP and Ceaseless Edge would be like using buffed Knock Off all the time at 97.5 BP. You could also crit cheese with Scope Lens + Focus Energy if you want lol
I know everyone's excited for Ceaseless Edge so it's easy to forget other Dark Attacks, but Samurott gets Night Slash as an Egg Move.

I totally didn't theorize a ton just so I could say this without making an almost meaningless one line post.

I don't know why I didn't see Night Slash in the builder lmao, edited, thanks!

Rayquaza @ Life Orb
Ability: Air Lock
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Dragon Ascent

The best Flying attacker in the game. Disgusting base 150 Attack with Dragon Ascent being a Flying-type Close Combat. Air Lock also gives it bonus utility vs raids that use weather.

Urshifu @ Life Orb
Ability: Unseen Fist
Tera Type: Dark
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Wicked Blow
- Close Combat
- Taunt

What was Game Freak thinking giving Urshifu Swords Dance? Busted-ass mon. Wicked Blow counters any strategies that boost Defense.

Magearna @ Shell Bell
Ability: Soul-Heart
Tera Type: Steel / Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Fleur Cannon
- Flash Cannon
- Iron Defense

Like to play Solo or suffer with bad randoms online? Magearna will very likely benefit from their stupidity with Soul-Heart, which increases your SpA with each ally that faints.

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
We need the dark version of this thread where its "how will randoms online mess this up by bringing in the worst legendary just because its powerful"

many such options await us
Zamazenta. 'nuf said.

More seriously and even worse, kids that had SwSh DLC and don't know how to get Calyrex's Reins of Unity in SV. (IMO, not finding the Reins of Unity is excusable because nothing in game hints at how to get them.) Even stupider and less excusable would be that one kid who never figured out how to evolve Kubfu.

Rayquaza and Kyogre have anti-synergy with Koridon, but at least they're Rayquaza and Kygore.

A way to work around stupidity, use Magearna. Soul-Heart isn't like Moxie. It's not a SpA boost whenever Pokemon hit by Magearna faints, it's a SpA boost whenever any Pokemon faints. (Some one is going to screw that up too by spamming Fleur Cannon even without any "allies" that are getting OHKOed every turn. :P)

Zamazenta. 'nuf said.
At least Zamazenta has stats that'll let it live for more than one turn. I'm more scared of normal Calyrex.

Speaking of Big Zama, funnily enough, I see its normal form being the better option over its Crowned variant due to the item flexibility it brings. Being pure-Fighting can also be better in matchups vs Pokemon that are strong vs Steel, such as Fire, Fighting, and Ground-type mons. The Steel-typing doesn't really do a whole lot for Zama imo outside of a neutrality to Psychic and Fairy. The other types Steel/Fighting resists still wouldn't really do a whole lot vs regular Zama anyway thanks to its access to both Screens.

Zamazenta @ Light Clay
Ability: Dauntless Shield
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe or EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Impish / Bold Nature
- Reflect / Light Screen
- Body Press
- Helping Hand
- Howl / Snarl / Iron Defense / Light Screen

It's not gonna be...great, but it won't be the worst thing in the world to run. As CTNC pointed out, it's funny af how Zacian gets Noble Roar but Zamazenta doesn't lmao.

Zacian-Crowned @ Rusted Sword
Ability: Intrepid Sword
Adamant Nature
- Noble Roar
- Swords Dance
- Behemoth Blade
- Play Rough

:totodiLUL:

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Funny Boi:

:slowbro-galar:
Slowbro-Galar @ Shell Bell
Ability: Quick Draw
Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Shell Side Arm
- Belly Drum
- Acid Spray / Slack Off
- Helping Hand

Funny bro is back to terrorize fairy raids. Helping Hand is there just for those situations where it is probably going to die before it moves and it is currently more useful than fishing for QD. Acid Spray and Slack Off will probably be useful at some point.

On the more supportive end of things:

:cresselia:
Cresselia (F) @ Light Clay
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lunar Blessing
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Helping Hand

Lunar Blessing is going to be great for the status spamming bosses that dumpster all of us every now and again.

:mewtwo:
Mewtwo
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Spe
Timid Nature
- Safeguard
- Life Dew

Cresselia does this better most of the time but this Safeguard will go first vs everything that isn't a raid boss Eleki if TPC ever tries that. This is a bit of a waste of the Mewtwo but fast Safeguard is so rare that I might just build one like this. Screens and the clay are probably my first choice for the last two moves and some defensive EV split with the remaining 88. Nasty Plot + Psystrike would also work.

Arceus
Tera Type: Depends
EVs: 252 HP / 12 SpA / 244 Spe
Timid Nature
- Misty Terrain
- Recover
- Judgment (or something)
- Acid Spray

On a similar note, I think that Misty Terrain instead of Calm Mind would be pretty awesome on Vengeance417's Arceus as well just to keep your grounded physical set up (most of them atm) safe from burns, Yawns, or losing turns to paras. I have been using a Misty Terrain Klefki recently ever since I ran into a 6 star Gengar that walloped a couple 4 player raids and this should be useful in a similar vane. Enamorus might be good at this too but it does not take advantage of the terrain which is unfortunate.

:zacian:
Zacian @ Shell Bell
Ability: Intrepid Sword
EVs: 156 HP / 252 Atk / 100 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough
- Noble Roar
- Misty Terrain

Similar concept to the Arceus and Vengeance's Crowned Zacian. Stop the status (especially sleep and burn) so everyone else is making progress instead of cheering. It should still do damage even though this isn't crowned.

Unfortunately, all of this has anti-synergy with Ursaluna but I guess we're just going to have to use our brains in the pokemon select screen.

Speaking of a Galarian Slow:

We all know how the Slowtwins currently have that nasty Stored Power set, but Galarian Slowking is an objective upgrade unless you absolutely need the Water-typing defensively. However, I think GalarKing's positives greatly outweigh those of the Water-type.

It has 10 more SpA than the other Slows, and it also has Acid Spray. Using Acid Spray over another boosting move like Iron Defense or Amnesia is significantly faster for solo raids. The following calcs are vs a hypothetical 7* Tera Normal Mew:

+6 252+ SpA Twisted Spoon Slowking-Galar Stored Power (140 BP) vs. -6 0 HP / 128 SpD Tera Normal Mew: 3760-4425 (36.7 - 43.2% of 30x hp boss) -- guaranteed 3HKO

vs

+6 252+ SpA Twisted Spoon Slowking-Galar Stored Power (260 BP) vs. 0 HP / 128 SpD Tera Normal Mew: 1747-2056 (17 - 20% of 30x hp boss) -- possible 5HKO

You not only do more damage with the Acid Spray strat, but if you happen to die, the SpDef drops will very likely still be there, meaning you only need to spend 3 turns setting up as opposed to 6. Acid Spraying 3 times also puts you in Terastallization range, which is something the other Slows wish they could have available that fast.

+6 252+ SpA Twisted Spoon Tera Psychic Slowking-Galar Stored Power (140 BP) vs. -6 0 HP / 128 SpD Tera Normal Mew: 5014-5900 (49 - 57.6% of 30x hp boss) -- 96.1% chance to 2HKO

Slowking-Galar @ Twisted Spoon / Life Orb / Shell Bell
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Acid Spray
- Nasty Plot
- Stored Power
- Slack Off / Iron Defense / Amnesia

Galarking also has a very colorful support movepool:

Acid Spray / Light Screen / Taunt / Snarl / Chilling Water / Helping Hand / Heal Pulse / Skill Swap

Edit: another Pokemon I'm really excited to try:

Zapdos-Galar @ Shell Bell
Ability: Defiant
Tera Type: Fighting
Adamant Nature
- Thunderous Kick
- Bulk Up
- Close Combat
- Taunt / Light Screen / Low Sweep / Helping Hand

The only Pokemon we currently have that has an attacking move with a 100% chance to drop Defense is Flapple and its Grav Apple. Galarian Zapdos is much better than Flapple in just about every conceivable way. Bulkier, faster, stronger (not counting the unreliable Hustle), and has a better movepool. Defiant is a tried-and-true ability for these raids with all of the stat-debuff moves being thrown around, so despite lacking Swords Dance, Gapdos's Defiant can make up for that.

Last edited:
With Pokemon Home finally out, I want to talk about some mons that I've been having fun using:

Kleavor is simultaneously the best Rock-type and the best Bug-type on the physical side, and it's proven to be quite versatile.

Kleavor @ Metronome / Scope Lens / Shell Bell
Tera Type: Bug
EVs: 144 HP / 252 Atk / 112 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fury Cutter / X-Scissor
- Swords Dance
- Leer
- Defog / Focus Energy

Kleavor @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Tera Type: Rock
EVs: 144 HP / 252 Atk / 112 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leer
- Rock Slide
- Defog / Focus Energy

I want to mention how funny the Tera Bug Fury Cutter set is. It's boosted by Sharpness, effectively starting at 60 BP instead of 40, and the ever-increasing power of consecutive Fury Cutters will stack with Metronome's consecutive boosts, as well. It's so fun to use. X-Scissor is a safer alternative that is 100% accurate, and is good at quickly dealing with frailer / 4* or below bosses.

Meanwhile, Tera Rock Sheer Force Rock Slide is incredibly powerful, too. Sheer Force Rock Slide just barely outdamages Sharpness Stone Axe, making Sheer Force the more optimal set for Tera Rock:

252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Kleavor Rock Slide vs. Lvl 75 0 HP / 0 Def Tera Ice Abomasnow in Snow: 515-608 (10.5 - 12.5% of 20x hp boss) -- possible 8HKO

vs

252+ Atk Life Orb Sharpness Kleavor Stone Axe vs. Lvl 75 0 HP / 0 Def Tera Ice Abomasnow in Snow: 507-601 (10.4 - 12.3% of 20x hp boss) -- possible 9HKO

In regards to some of the similarities between the two sets; Defog lowers evasion, allowing Fury Cutter and Rock Slide to be more accurate. You could also opt for Wide Lens and use something other than Defog if you want. 112 Speed hits 234, which is a nice Speed-tier to hit with Tera raids. It outpaces 6* 31 IV Positive-natured base 100s, letting you outrun almost everything in the game.

Magearna @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SpDef
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Fleur Cannon
- Draining Kiss
- Iron Defense

Yup, this is in contention for being the best solo mon ever. Soul-Heart is so busted alongside NPCs that continuously faint. I had a game where I CM'd once and still got to +6 in a very short amount of time. Arceus's introduction to the game also finally gave the Fairy-type a 1.2x damage-boosting item in the form of Pixie Plate. Dumb mon lmao

Ursaluna @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
Tera Type: Normal / Ground
EVs: 252 Atk / 28 Def / 228 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Facade
- Headlong Rush / Earthquake
- Drain Punch

Did you know Ursaluna got Drain Punch? I completely forgot about that lmao, it's broken.

Sort of unrelated, but this is about the Magician ability and whether or not we're getting a 7* Delphox raid. Since Home gave us the ability to Skill Swap Magician onto raid bosses, I did that with my own Delphox holding a Sitrus Berry onto a 5* Arcanine, and when it received Magician, my Sitrus Berry was NOT taken at any point after that.

Magician is effectively a null ability in raids and the potentially upcoming 7* Delphox raid is basically ability-less.

Sort of unrelated, but this is about the Magician ability and whether or not we're getting a 7* Delphox raid. Since Home gave us the ability to Skill Swap Magician onto raid bosses, I did that with my own Delphox holding a Sitrus Berry onto a 5* Arcanine, and when it received Magician, my Sitrus Berry was NOT taken at any point after that.

Magician is effectively a null ability in raids and the potentially upcoming 7* Delphox raid is basically ability-less.
We'll likely get Delphox anyway, back when they delayed Chesnaught's rerun & the paradoxes there was a brief period where Home's calendar listed the Delphox raid

Poor Delphox, gonna have to pull on some special Turn 0 shenanigans here.

Mex

The last ace in a lost hand
is a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
To be fair, Greninja and Cinderace were both similarly ability-less and the raids were generally fine, I don't see this being an issue much, if at all

To be fair, Greninja and Cinderace were both similarly ability-less and the raids were generally fine, I don't see this being an issue much, if at all
I wasn't implying the raid was going to be too easy or anything. I was just personally curious to see how the ability worked and if the boss actually stole your item. I theorycrafted a scenario where Magician did work and came up with a Weakness Policy Armarouge set in the event Delphox runs Shadow Ball, for example.

I can see Delphox being hard if it's set up right. It has Nasty Plot to boost its SpA to insane levels, could boost its speed with Flame Charge, Mystical Fire or Will-O-Wisp to neuter attackers, etc.

Unaware Quagsire looking pretty juicy over here

The question is actually what tera types Delphox and Rillaboom (assuming these are the 2 missing ones) will be.

Unaware Quagsire looking pretty juicy over here

The question is actually what tera types Delphox and Rillaboom (assuming these are the 2 missing ones) will be.
My guesses are Tera Fairy for Delphox and Tera Normal for Rillaboom.

Here's what we've had for our 7* bosses so far:

Tera Dragon :Charizard:
Tera Fighting :Cinderace:
Tera Poison :Greninja:
Tera Water :Pikachu:
Tera Flying :Decidueye:
Tera Bug :Samurott:
Tera Ghost :Typhlosion:
Tera Ice :Inteleon:
Tera Rock :Chesnaught:

That leaves Fairy, Normal, Steel, Psychic, Fire, Dark, Grass, Ground, and Electric.

For Delphox and Rillaboom, they could throw curveballs and have them use one of their base typings as the Tera Type (Fire, Psychic, and Grass, respectively) but if they plan to have them be a different type as per usual, here's why I feel it'll be Fairy Delphox and Normal Rillaboom.

:delphox:

Delphox has Dazzling Gleam as a reliable Tera Fairy STAB. It could go Grass and use Grass Knot and Solar Beam, but both moves are heavily exploitable, with GK being countered by light mons such as Rotom-W, and Solar Beam by Rain Dance.

:rillaboom:

Rillaboom has quite a few good Normal moves, most notable being Body Slam which could be scary with that para chance. Dark could be used, but Rillaboom's best Dark move this gen is Knock Off and I don't think it works as it usually does in raids. Normal could also use Boomburst as an extra move like when Decidueye used Air Cutter.

New DLC trailers today, which means more returning Pokemon to theorycraft raid sets for!

:snorlax:
Snorlax @ Figy Berry / Wide Lens
Ability: Gluttony / Thick Fat
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def
Adamant Nature
- Screech
- Belly Drum
- Recycle / Giga Impact / Facade
- Body Slam / Facade

Snorlax gives us our first-known Screech user than can also Belly Drum! Given its superb natural bulk and access to Gluttony + Recycle to keep giving itself pinch berries, I can see this being a nice Ursaluna alternative!

:gliscor:
Gliscor @ Toxic Orb / Wide Lens
Ability: Poison Heal / Hyper Cutter
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Power Trick / Taunt
- Screech
- Swords Dance / Mud-Slap
- Earthquake

I'm so happy we're finally getting Gliscor back. I've come up with an interesting moveset for it. It's another Screech + Swords Dance Pokemon, but it also gets a nifty move in Power Trick. 95 Attack is underwhelming, but 125 isn't! Power Trick will swap your raw Attack stat with your Defense, so instead of having a max of 317 Attack, we can have 383 instead! Plus, Poison Heal passively heals each turn and protects you from other status conditions. You can also go supportive with Mud-Slap and Taunt.

:charjabug:
Charjabug @ Eviolite
Ability: Battery
Tera Type: Bug
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Bold / Calm Nature
- Screech
- Mud-Slap
- Discharge
- Light Screen

Ooh, boy, prepare for Miraidon to become even more busted alongside this Pokemon. Charjabug's Battery ability boosts the SpA of all allies by 30%. I know Stonjourner's Power Spot is objectively better since it also boosts Atk by 30%, but Charjabug actually has special bulk to withstand special attacks, and you have access to Screech for any physical attackers that might be in your party, anyway.

:crawdaunt:
Crawdaunt @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Crabhammer / Liquidation / Crunch
- Taunt
- Leer

Swords Dance + Adaptability? Yes pls

:ninetales-alola:
Ninetales-Alola @ Light Clay / Icy Rock
Ability: Snow Warning
Tera Type: Ice / Fairy
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Aurora Veil
- Fake Tears
- Nasty Plot
- Blizzard / Moonblast

Vulpix line was announced, which means the Alolan forms are also coming! Finally, a Snow setter that isn't Abomasnow. Provides Aurora Veil support as well as Fake Tears. The +1 Defense it gets from Snow will give Ninetales excellent mixed bulk, as well, especially behind Veil.

:ninetales:
Ninetales @ Heat Rock
Ability: Drought
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fake Tears
- Nasty Plot
- Flamethrower
- Sunny Day

Similar story with regular Ninetales. Special Fire-types will love being next to this mon.

:alcremie:
Alcremie (F) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Decorate
- Helping Hand
- Fake Tears
- Recover

It's over. Team raid comps will be broken when Alcremie drops.

Last edited:
Honestly I think it's too early to theorymon on the DLC returning ones.
We don't know their movesets and what they keep / lose, nor the compatibilities with the new TMs.
Tutors (both old and new) are also likely to return, and as you may remind, Milotic has been spotted using Scald, which may imply either moveset changes or TMs returning in tutor forms. On top of potential new egg move compatibilities due to the new system.
There's also a very high chance of new moves happening kinda like IoA introduced a brand new move for every pokemon.

As much as I like to theorymon and some of my favourite mons to use are coming back (like A-ninetales for one), I think it's faaaar too deep in theorymonning for now.

I think you can make a pretty reasonable guess at what moves a Pokemon will have; most of the moveset changes were because of shake ups in transfers and TMs, with instances of outright losing moves for no reason not being that common.

Basically the theorycrafting here may be outdated but its a decent baseline.

The real reason it's not worth doing is because it iwll be ??? months until the first batch and an additional ??? months until the second.

Something I do find interesting though will be if Scald actually returns (at very least, Milotic seems to get it now regardless), it leaves for a interesting decision between Scald and Chilling Water for support mons. Chilling Water offers way more effective AND consistent damage reduction, however Scald is more damage on top of a damage reduction not affected by crits (if it lands, which one would hope it does eventually)

Something I do find interesting though will be if Scald actually returns (at very least, Milotic seems to get it now regardless), it leaves for a interesting decision between Scald and Chilling Water for support mons. Chilling Water offers way more effective AND consistent damage reduction, however Scald is more damage on top of a damage reduction not affected by crits (if it lands, which one would hope it does eventually)
Consistency I'll give you for guarantee vs 30%, but how is Chilling Water more effective than Scald? Burn cuts your damage in half, so it would take 2 Chilling Water drops to equal one Scald Burn, without any chip damage alongside it. Status absorbers definitely aren't as common as Pokemon that don't care about the Attack drop, and a major point is that Scald as it was can serve as a main STAB move even if the Burn can't land, where Chilling is an Entry Sign for resisted Special Attackers, Bulky Utility mons, or Defiant Users if those pick up in the face of returning Intimidators like Landorus.

Consistency I'll give you for guarantee vs 30%, but how is Chilling Water more effective than Scald? Burn cuts your damage in half, so it would take 2 Chilling Water drops to equal one Scald Burn, without any chip damage alongside it. Status absorbers definitely aren't as common as Pokemon that don't care about the Attack drop, and a major point is that Scald as it was can serve as a main STAB move even if the Burn can't land, where Chilling is an Entry Sign for resisted Special Attackers, Bulky Utility mons, or Defiant Users if those pick up in the face of returning Intimidators like Landorus.
My main point is that Chilling Water stacks to 6. Which is way more than burn provides.
You of course "trade" this with the fact that bosses can buff themselves (thus, negating it), as well as much less raw power and still leaving you open to crits, whereas Burn, once it lands, it's what it is.

I know obviously in a regular competitive environment you take burn every day of the week, but raids are their own beast, and honestly I'd actually rather still pick Chilling Water in 90% of the scenarios when it comes to raids.
The only times i'd rather take my chances with Scald would be if it's a crit focused raid (thus, very likely to just disregard the stat drops) or well if... i'm a water special attacker that isnt Walking Wake or Volcanion.

This is in context for Tera Raids, though, not competitive play. For Scald, you have to hope for the Burn to be inflicted with that 30% chance, and if you get a burn on your target, once they put their shield up, the burn is removed and you have to fish for it again. It also disappears with the stat reset turn.

Apologies for the non-Raid minded comment. I've been bouncing between threads with the news. That said I would still prefer Scald's burn simply because it takes longer to get rid of and the slot doing damage comparatively helps given how tight I find move options in harder raid builds. Most of the hardest 6*'s I run into tend to be Defiant Mons anyway like Annihilape and Kingambit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)