Resource SV OU Bazaar - Teal Mask Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baloor

Tigers Management
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
PUPL Champion

Art by Ssensenh / OP Stolen From GMars

Welcome to the (second) Scarlet & Violet OU Bazaar! This thread is for a more casual team-sharing environment than the RMT subforum. Here are the guidelines:

1. Make sure you've playtested your teams if you're sharing them and looking for advice.
2. Provide an importable for your team and a brief description.

That's it! Here's an example post:​
Baloor said:
:garchomp::moltres-galar::dragapult::melmetal::volcarona::zeraora:

https://pokepast.es/9746a493a46d443c

this is a pretty fun HO team that fits the "halloween monsters" theme I was going for. this team has some pretty insane synergy, a ton of mons opening opportunities for others to sweep. mixed lead lo chomp allows you to poke holes in the opposing ground types, opening chances for zera to sweep. chomp + melm stress out ferro/skarm/corv for physical pult. molt + chomp + melm overwhelm tran for volc. the one rough mu for this is opposing garchomp, where you have to play conservatively since you cant actually switch anything in. the game plan is to chip it then blast it with sucker pult. i have lum berry on gmolt since it can absorb status and get a free turn but heavy-duty boots can also work since gmolt can take one of prety much anything from chomp at full. weakness policy can work too if you arent worried about all that. i wouldn't spam it for a long period of time due to the chomp mu. something a bit more niche but is a threat is quagsire, you can kinda muscle through it but theres 5 other mons on stall for a reason. i have psychic on volcarona because pex is really nice to get through but you can always drop it for giga drain or use qd 3atks (i hate non roost volc tho) if quagsire becomes that annoying for you. ive found every other mu ive ran into to be pretty playable. i hope everybody enjoys this team as it is super fun to use while maintaining the halloween spirit. s/o ausma for the final edits.

:Landorus-Therian::clodsire::zamazenta::gholdengo::regieleki::Urshifu-Rapid-Strike:

https://pokepast.es/e4525627fbf6d15b

This team fits more into a bulky offensive category but to be honest Home scares me so I built this team around some notable threats as a way to reliably counter them.:gholdengo:takes care of ursaluna (which is a monster) and helps with blocking defog/ rapid spin.:clodsire:is your regieleki counter while also being able to handle stored power magearna with tera dark. Overall:clodsire:is a very reliable SpD wall and spike setter.:regieleki:mows down the field once ground types are gone but honestly could probably be swapped out with something more reliable.:Urshifu-Rapid-Strike:is a solid wall breaker with surging strike and tera water.:Landorus-Therian:helps with intimidate pivoting/ taunting set up mons or setting up rocks itself while:zamazenta:cleans up if all the opponent has is physical moves. Plus it's a good physical wall and fairly reliant on Chien-Pao. I have played with this team a couple of times and won each time, but the meta is new so it could have been a fluke. If you see some glaring weaknesses or a mon that has better synergy let me know, it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks! #waiting for the meta to settle its britches :mad:

zReptar

formerly LT83AQ Lou
https://pokepast.es/8c734bd2834f3db6 psychic fangs arcanine-hisui to disable screens and enough ev’s to out speed jolly tusk. Flare blitz is strong stab and can chip tusk and others. Head smash goes brrr, but on a more serious note no drawback 150 base power move is just sooooo strong. Tusk zap and Gking is a solid defensive core that deals alright with most things just be careful of well played paos. Sub Volc is incredible at stalling turns and clicking strong moves. Also provides some stalling vs tr. Specs mage is well specs mage XD. Team is very nice, Good luck and Have Fun Playing.

The mandatory screens HO with Grimmsnarl + 5 broken mons.

Grimmsnarl sets screens then Parting Shots into Zamazenta, Dragonite, or Magearna. WP Magearna with Shift Gear x Calm Mind is literally just Espathra but you have to set it up manually. I got the EVs from an old team but I forget what they do, honestly. Keep Regieleki and Kingambit in the back and try to save Tera for as long as you can - they're your break-in-case-of-emergency buttons. Unaware is extremely dangerous for this team and if you run into Skeledirge and Dark Clodsire on the same team your best course of action is probably the X button.

Names inspired by the inimitable Keeth.

Last edited:
:ss/Zamazenta-Crowned: :ss/Landorus-Therian: :ss/magearna: :ss/Tornadus-Therian: :ss/regieleki: :sv/chien-pao:

Want to share this team that have been doing very well for me on the ladder. As u might notice most of the team members are or they can terrastalize ground because this mon :regieleki: is a menace torn t even packs an av to take better tera blast blast ice and over all solid swich in to special attackers. Lando t is very usefull to slow down all the threats running around like sneasler zamazenta-hero and with taunt can make sure his rocks don't get remove by corvinight. Magearna is a solid swich in vs other mons like chien pao and can set up spikes to ever further exert pressure on the opponent and pivoting with volt swich and healing off damage with pain split and a stab fluer cannon that hits everything very hard. Chien pao is just a monster with tera dark sword Dance boosted crunch doing some insane damage and avoiding rocks with Boots. Zamazenta-crowned is a VERY bulky set up sweeper with iron defense and Body press basicaly becoming unbrekable on the psysical side wile healing off damage with rest and also having very good special defense to take most special attack la and also very fast ... why is this mon here. And for the last but not least we have regieleki ... just click buttons with spikes chipping down ground types like cloadsire and also can use rapid spin to remove opposing rock. U might also notice that this team doesen't have a reliable hazard remover but I think because most of the mons here have boots or resist rocks it will be fine ... enjoi
https://pokepast.es/678e9f542e9ed778

hidin

What a kind young man
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
i will bless this thread with these

Chien-Pao HDB Spam
Gameplan is to stack hazards and to clean with your broken leopard. The Walking Wake matchup for this team is a bit funny so you could use Tera Grass Heatran here if you want, or just pray that it's not +Speed and kill it with either Dragapult or Chien-Pao. You can also use Sacred Sword > Ice Shard on Chien-Pao if you want.

Regieleki VoltTurn BO
Invalid! RIP Regieleki

You just pivot around everything with Regieleki and with Spikes up it'll be quite not fun for your opponent. Assault Vest Tornadus-T is here to scout Walking Wake and other special attackers like Magearna, Iron Valiant, and Gholdengo.

Zamazenta-C WishPass
You Iron Defense and Body Press with the Zamazenta and Wish it back with Scream Tail once it's chipped. Dondozo's here to deal with Chien-Pao and Clodsire with Tera Dark can deal with ID + CM Stored Power Magearna. Poison Jab Clodsire is here as it can deal with Tera Fairy Gholdengo and not be Taunted by Pokemon like Enamorus and Tornadus-T.

Sneasler PsySpam
You get up Psychic Terrain, go into Hatterene, get buttoned out, and go from there.

Urshifu-R + Specs Magearna Balance
Get up your hazards, break with Urshifu-R and Magearna, win. You could do SD > Taunt on Urshifu-R but Taunt lets it break through bulkier teams a bit more easier than Swords Dance, but both are good choices.

CB Sneasler + Hex Dragapult BO
Dire Claw is extremely obnoxious and once you pair it with SubHex Dragapult it become an atrocity to deal with. Tornadus-T can be Taunt > NP to ease prediction, and you can make Sneasler have HDB.

these will most likely be invalid by the end of the week but hope yall enjoy regardless

Last edited:
Threw together this team off vibes when home dropped. It went surprisingly well, with only minor tweaks I went 41-11 and got to 1691. There will be better teams soon, but if you just want to use some of the powerful new tools and still win some games, look no further!

:chien-pao: :slowking-galar: :samurott-hisui: :great-tusk: :zamazenta: :garganacl:

https://pokepast.es/53d3e4e17a5b6809

The general idea is to use Tera Fairy Garg as a blanket check to a lot of the new bullshit and create some starting pressure, then use Glowking Future Sight + Chilly Reception into Band Chien-Pao for mostly free kills. Hazard removal is probably a little weak, but with all the threats around right now, I'm happy with how it's come together.

:chien-pao:A laughably broken mon, with Adamant Band you destroy almost anything in your path. I go Sucker Punch because it OHKOs HP invested Regieleki, though the prediction game is tricky and definitely a drawback. Tera Dark is preferred to combo with future sight support against the fat fighting "checks" to our favourite snow leopard.

:slowking-galar:A great blanket special check and utility mon. It can soak a hit from Regieleki and pivot out, it can Twave key fast threats for cleanup by Tusk or Pao, and the weather control from Chilly Reception can be an amazing tool against the Sun and Rain spam going on right now. Lefties is preferred if you need to tera fairy, this thing won't switch in on Gholdengo much anyway.

:samurott-hisui:Ceaseless edge is a pretty disgusting move, easily providing hazard pressure. Knock off utility is always good. Assault vest makes this a surprisingly decent Gholdengo switch in, in addition to throwing up spikes against standard fatmons like Toxapex or Glowking. Definitely a little bit weak, but it holds its own well enough. There may well be a better tera type here, maybe Ghost for the occasional spinblock and fighting immunity?

:great-tusk:The king of OU is just fine in the post-home meta. Choice Band absolutely still blows holes in teams, the ground type is necessary in a Regieleki meta, and hazard control, while shaky, is still excellent. If Regieleki isn't around, this mon can be used more aggressively, blowing holes in walls for Chien-Pao to clean up later. If Regieleki is around, be very, very careful with Tusk's HP, and pivot cautiously.

:Zamazenta:A 700 BST mon is surely excellent in OU, and this one acts as a blanket physical emergency check (especially Ursaluna!) as well as a potential wincon on my team. Tera ghost lets you beat Tera Fighting Zama-C, and substitute is wonderful for deal with overprediction and status in general.

:Garganacl:The big bad rock is bigger and badder than ever. With full defensive investment and tera fairy, you provide needed glue for the team, as well as rocks support. Tera fairy is unfortunate against Sneasler, but it deals well with Baxcalibur, Dragonite, Roaring Moon, and other key setup threats. You'll be using tera on this in most games, but keeping the fire resistance can be very nice against some sun teams.

Last edited:
:Dragapult::Magearna::Enamorus::Zamazenta::Chien-Pao::Ditto:
https://pokepast.es/a7faea584ef857c4
A fast win or lose HO, after a long time some build.
Dragapult Screens, Curse to punish walls and force switch, with U-Turn for alternate double momentum.
Magearna SG Encore anti setup.
Enamorus-I AV so fun but misses, only offensive Tera for coverage.
Zamazenta Howl and go bruh fast and strong.
Chien-Pao SD and go bruh fast and strong.
Ditto speed control, revenge kill, anti HO.
Not the best but some (un)fun. Someone get Magearna out of here ASAP.

Padstar34

formerly FlygonNo.1
is a Tiering Contributor
:samurott-hisui: :chien-pao: :magearna: :hydreigon: :amoonguss: :great-tusk:
Hydreigon Darkspam
https://pokepast.es/5c151a14c3e17c78

:samurott-hisui: - Bullshit spikes move is bullshit, scarf makes it a check to grounds like offensive tusk/lando among others, and makes it easier to get spikes down in the first place
:chien-pao: - The mon your team is enabling, this mon is basically impossible to beat if mag is chipped sufficiently or is dead
:magearna: - So you don't lose to other Chien-Pao first, and is great at gaining momentum given the ease it clicks volt switch. HDB also an option if you are worried about Hamurott+Chien-Pao
:hydreigon: - Abuses stuff like Zapdos, Hamurott, Amoongus, Garg, Non-CC Tusk, Heatran, and Lando (when Tera'd) for Nasty-Plots, what is note-worthy is that this cannot hit Enamorus, so Flash Cannon over Earth Power or Dark Pulse over Draco is also an option, if you don't mind it being worse at chipping Mag when unTera'd, and not being able to hit Gholdengo well, or if you are okay with less overall power
:amoonguss: - Pairs really really well with the Darks, is able to go in on Fighters like Zama and Shifu, Helmet is an option too if you want to chip Shifu's who spam U-turn/SStrikes, but can weaken your team greatly against Hamurott
:great-tusk: - Good for Kingambit and other neutral physical attackers, mainly needed for Hamurott Spikestack bullshit (which is broken + bullshit)

Weak to:
Screens Mag (which team isn't?)
Ursaluna (which team isn't?)
Sneasler (sort of)

Cdijk16

Cdijk21 on PS!
is a Pre-Contributor
Screens Hyper Offense is really good at the moment owing to how many strong setup sweepers there are in the meta. I've thrown together a screens HO team with the top 5 screens abusers rn(in my opinion) and it's doing pretty well on ladder, so i've decided to share it with the community. Hyper Offense is in my experience one of the best ways to get out of low ladder, so I reccomend this to new players. There's propably a lot of minor optimizations possible, so suggestions are strongly appreciated.
:Dragapult: / :Grimmsnarl: :Ursaluna: :Zamazenta: :Volcarona: :Magearna: :Sneasler:
Dragapult version: Luna Screens HO(Pult) (pokepast.es)
Grimmsnarl version: Luna Screens HO(Grimm) (pokepast.es)
1. There's been a lot of hype around Ursaluna recently, so I decided to try it on Screens HO. It's a pretty good wallbreaker under screens, and Fire Punch is used to hit Air Baloon Gholdengo and slam Corviknight. Screens + Tera Water helps it to beat most of it's offensive checks like Urshifu, Sneasler, Specs Pult etc.
2. Zamazenta is great with screens as they let it beat a lot of it's normal checks like Glowking, Zapdos etc. I'm not sure if Hero or Crowned is better here.
3. Screens help Volc to setup and help it deal with common priority attacks like Sucker Punch, ESpeed etc. Tera Ground helps with Heatran and Toxapex.
4. Double Dance Magearna is one of the most busted screens abusers with Weakness Policy. This set could propably be viably changed to Iron Defense + Calm Mind with Max HP. The set also works well with Leftovers. This thing can mindlessly click Shift Gear + Calm Mind behind Screens and sweep teams with ease.
5. Sneasler is a really good sweeper on HO with Balloon + Unburden. Screens helps it a lot with setting up.

I'd also like to reccomend this very similar team by Pinkacross, it's easy to pilot on low ladder as well: SV OU - SNEASLER HO - PEAKED #9, 2045 - ft. Hisuian Samurott, Zamazenta-Crowned | Smogon Forums

https://pokepast.es/3383486dad6f6c3d

AV Volcanion Balance

The Idea is too wall out threats with Tusk, Corv and Volc and allow scarf dengo, d dance baxculiber and booster energy iron moth to sweep,

GREAT TUSK:
Defensive cornerstone of the team, allows for hazard removal with rapid spin and its synergy with corv (can tank flying psychic and grass moves) and volcan (tanks ice and is a general special wall) makes for a synergistic core

CORV:
Big birb checks sneasler all the way to hell, can survive a basculegion choice band rain boosted wave crash (if need be if volc is down otherwise water immunity go brrr) and is solid against opposing great tusk which can be a tricky matchup at times

VOLCANION:
The cornerstone of this team, its water immunity is valuable given how threatening rain teams can be and can tank a lot of neutral hits well, but it does suffer at times with a lack of reliable recovery, meaning it can probably only check one or two threats at a time, however its most important use is checking the highly threatning magearna, it can survive +1 thunderbolt and ground tera blast, and can hit back really hard with its powerful steam eruption, overall, volcanion is the key to this teams success

DENGO:
Scarf allows it to check chien pao and switches into an ice spinner fairly well and ohkos it back with make it rain, its speed can also be used to check non unburden sneasler and can ko or threaten to ko it with make it rain once more

BAX:
The resident set up mon can interchange between it sets to better check threats, swapping out ice shard for eq, its monstrous glaive rush is almost nuclear when set up and its burn immunity is a nice touch against common will o wisp spammmers like skeledirge

MOTH:

High speed with booster energy allows it to clean up end games once the team has survived an assault from the others, can be interchanged as the sweeper slot can be used by volcarona also, but it depends how the team handles its counters

WEAKNESSES:

Chien Pao (minor): Chien pao can clean up a battered team with upmost effiency, keep scarf dengo or moth alive and you should be fine

Lack of cleric options: The team whilst not frail, doesn't have a way of healing itself up to scratch other than corvs roost.

Electrics (minor): whilst not impossible to stare down, special electrics can be tough for tusk to check reliably

Overall idk if this is a good team but i did what i thought would be good against the current meta

Feel free to modify or reply improvements, i would love to hear your support

early meta teams - all with success in ~1800-1950 elo range

https://pokepast.es/8f7dc07db3a1802f Volcanion Hazardstack
:gholdengo: physdef dengo is great right now, for zama and sneasler especially. balloon may be better for ursaluna spammers but helmet makes you more reliable into zama so it could go either way
:zapdos: fast and near max hp. simple roost 3atks. deals with urshifus, pexes and tusks, and is another zama check (that thing is broken)
:zamazenta-crowned: may as well use it before it's banned. great lategame cleaner & stops a lot of the cheese mons like chien pao from 6-0ing
:great-tusk: hazard control, spdef av tank for mons like ghold volc glowking tran. ice spinner+tera ice lures annoying flying types like zap dnite lando
:volcanion: very good into all the legion rain spam, u just click attacks and make progress easily. tera ground is to lure electrics like thundy and washtom, and reduces ur weaknesses to only grass & ice, who u can just flame.
:ting-lu: hazard setter, phaser vs screens, overall just a bulky guy that reliably sets hazards, esp with fewer hatterenes around.

https://pokepast.es/9f19e2150a6dae44 "Mono Water"
:pelipper: rain
:basculegion: wave crash spam
:floatzel: wave crash spam 2.0
:urshifu-rapid-strike: wallbreaker, crits through dshield, breaks protection to prevent rain turn stalling, has fighting coverage for like bax and hsamu.
:samurott-hisui: sets spikes and dies
:ditto: sash ditto is a super cheese mon to counter all the cheese setup guys
this was originally a meme team but it actually won me over half my games in the 1800s so its worth a try if u have no skill and just like clicking funny buttons

thats it, ban mage, ban zama, ban pao, have a good day

https://pokepast.es/3383486dad6f6c3d

AV Volcanion Balance

The Idea is too wall out threats with Tusk, Corv and Volc and allow scarf dengo, d dance baxculiber and booster energy iron moth to sweep,

GREAT TUSK:
Defensive cornerstone of the team, allows for hazard removal with rapid spin and its synergy with corv (can tank flying psychic and grass moves) and volcan (tanks ice and is a general special wall) makes for a synergistic core

CORV:
Big birb checks sneasler all the way to hell, can survive a basculegion choice band rain boosted wave crash (if need be if volc is down otherwise water immunity go brrr) and is solid against opposing great tusk which can be a tricky matchup at times

VOLCANION:
The cornerstone of this team, its water immunity is valuable given how threatening rain teams can be and can tank a lot of neutral hits well, but it does suffer at times with a lack of reliable recovery, meaning it can probably only check one or two threats at a time, however its most important use is checking the highly threatning magearna, it can survive +1 thunderbolt and ground tera blast, and can hit back really hard with its powerful steam eruption, overall, volcanion is the key to this teams success

DENGO:
Scarf allows it to check chien pao and switches into an ice spinner fairly well and ohkos it back with make it rain, its speed can also be used to check non unburden sneasler and can ko or threaten to ko it with make it rain once more

BAX:
The resident set up mon can interchange between it sets to better check threats, swapping out ice shard for eq, its monstrous glaive rush is almost nuclear when set up and its burn immunity is a nice touch against common will o wisp spammmers like skeledirge

MOTH:

High speed with booster energy allows it to clean up end games once the team has survived an assault from the others, can be interchanged as the sweeper slot can be used by volcarona also, but it depends how the team handles its counters

WEAKNESSES:

Chien Pao (minor): Chien pao can clean up a battered team with upmost effiency, keep scarf dengo or moth alive and you should be fine

Lack of cleric options: The team whilst not frail, doesn't have a way of healing itself up to scratch other than corvs roost.

Electrics (minor): whilst not impossible to stare down, special electrics can be tough for tusk to check reliably

Overall idk if this is a good team but i did what i thought would be good against the current meta

Feel free to modify or reply improvements, i would love to hear your support
why are you running Hera blast ground on a mon with earth power

Leavers

...jook 'til i die
https://pokepast.es/57ecb9963a579fe2 got sick of screens teams so heres a screens cteam. I don't save replays so I only have two to show the team vs meta teams
vs trick room, trick ursaluna with slowking bc ur slower under trick room and you should win

vs mag trick ->yawn -> teleport bc they have tera water alot and just yawn -> teleport vs volcarona/weavile hisui/other special set up mons
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1877419596-1uikbk1kkdeygog2zfueai8hmw3k0vxpw

vs fat trick garg/skeledirge, (if they have both trick the one that teras bc they usually have a tera candidate) then either dragapult will win or sd shifu. Also spikes/sr are really good vs fat bc alot of them are greedy and run no removal.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1877423918-s3j0j7s4558nltgc39suv49yl1s85jbpw ladder fat, shifu just wins as soon as legion gets chipped into +2 range and tera garg gets tricked.

please don't ban mag the defensive set is a positive for the meta :) ban light clay

post-home meta has been fun asf (minus screens please delete light clay), here's a couple teams I've used most lately :]

https://pokepast.es/a18e2e7baae588bd

wanted to build a team with banded hoopa since the thought of no pursuit/arena trap to ruin its day was very exciting. decided on last move grass knot because it doesn't need any other coverage and luring dozo and nuking it after rocks is cinema. samurott-h has quickly become my favorite new addition to the meta, ceaseless edge is a brutal move and scarf gives me a nice revenge killer and cleaner (who especially appreciates dozo being gone). spamming knock/other dark moves chisels down their shared checks, especially with layers up. yawn/future sight glowking helps get hoopa and friends in, and zama-c usually cleans games after a few layers go up. tera ghost zama messes with other zama and blocks spin if I really need the layers up. rest of team is pretty self explanatory, tusk spins and torn taunts lol. team is weak to rain/strong waters but defensive teras usually get me through. fun team

https://pokepast.es/10c0fc7e71995acb

silly rain + semi trick room, had the idea of adaptability legion in rain over swift swim because I'm a greedy mfer with no morals and thus this team was born. i didnt wanna run hard trick room and have loved trick room mage + abuser on normal teams in the past (ex: tr mage + slow mega mawile in gen 7 was my shit) banded adaptability legion in rain hits unfathomably hard, and in trick room it gets to fire off its moves (mostly) care free. jet is a godsend too for when trick room isn't necessary or when it can't go up. mage is a godlike setter with spikes and volt support (again, fuck screens for pushing this mon over the edge and likely getting it banned I will never forgive light clay). shuca allows you to set vs grounds or maybe get a sneaky kill with ice beam. thund-t is typical rain abuser that beats dozo, and tera ice tera blast is so cool for obvious reasons. tusk because role compression (tera fire on rain is weird but I use it to beat chien don't judge) and booster wake because I needed emergency speed control when room isn't up. usually this is the thing cleaning up games for me, and it also patches up the sun match-up (kinda not really). like I said it's goofy asf but ive barely lost with it and it is ridiculously fun. firing off rain boosted tera water adaptability water moves with legion with little to no repercussions is crack, def my favorite gen 9 team ive made by far.

wow i havent posted in forever lol, sorry if this is written poorly it's like 3 am rn just wanted to put some teams I made and like out there :] okay have a good one yall bye bye

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Since gear is gone I'll share a couple teams that were fun with it before it left, they're very fun and still legal on ladder actually!

:ursaluna: :magearna: :dragapult: :kleavor: :zamazenta: :volcarona:
Ursaluna @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Facade
- Fire Punch

Magearna @ Leftovers
Ability: Soul-Heart
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shift Gear
- Calm Mind
- Draining Kiss
- Stored Power

Dragapult @ Light Clay
Ability: Cursed Body
Tera Type: Dragon
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Curse
- Will-O-Wisp

Kleavor @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sharpness
Tera Type: Bug
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Axe
- U-turn
- Night Slash
- Brick Break

Zamazenta @ Leftovers
Ability: Dauntless Shield
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 252 Def / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Body Press
- Crunch
- Iron Defense

Volcarona @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Flamethrower
- Tera Blast
- Giga Drain
I've disliked the rediuced reliance on hazards that HO has had recently. They're incredibly helpful for stuff like breaking sash/sturdy/getting stuff into tight ranges/etc, and it's genuinely valuable enough to dedicate a slot solely for hazards. I tried a ton of suicide leads but ultimately ended up enjoying using Scarf lead Kleavor to get a free Stone Axe while maintaining some midgame value with its ability to revenge kill stuff. Obviously it's not great into tusk, but this team does have pult to spinblock and uturn into guys is free. The rest of the team is just Screens Pult + the 4 most broken abusers (imo) and it farms points on ladder like nobody's business. I'm pretty sure the sets on this are very similar to vert's team so I'm not gonna talk about them at length but yeah kleavor's fun!

:ursaluna: :magearna: :urshifu: :garganacl: :dragapult: :zapdos:
Ursaluna (F) @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Earthquake
- Facade
- Fire Punch
- Swords Dance

Magearna @ Eject Pack
Ability: Soul-Heart
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Fleur Cannon
- Thunderbolt
- Trick Room
- Encore

Urshifu-Rapid-Strike (F) @ Choice Band
Ability: Unseen Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Surging Strikes
- Close Combat
- U-turn

Dragapult @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
Tera Type: Dragon
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Shadow Ball
- Flamethrower
- U-turn

Zapdos @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Static
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 248 HP / 28 Def / 232 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Roost

Garganacl @ Leftovers
Ability: Purifying Salt
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Salt Cure
- Protect
- Recover
This is a bit more of an honest team, capitalizing on the fun combo of Eject Pack Magearna + SD Ursaluna. TR + Encore was a nasty combo that gave you tons of free opportunities to eject pack and get Ursaluna in. It also features CB Urshifu, which is a strong breaker and revenge killer in its own right. Zapdos + Pult + Fu all have a ton of pivoting moves to get Ursaluna in and Garganacl is nice for fucking over more offensive playsyles with Salt Cure + Protect wasting turns of stuff like Screens and Sun. This team's pretty intuitive and fun to pilot, Luna Semi-TR owns.

Tran Enam Hazardstack (peaked ~1850)
https://pokepast.es/c22951614a4bdac1

:ting-lu: :gholdengo: very standard sets for a hazardstack core
:enamorus: speed control, again pretty standard afaik
:heatran: tera grass helps it trap waters & grounds
:avalugg: chien-pao is broken, this is my attempt at a check for this team. spin is good support for opposing hazards
:dragonite: wincon, ice/ground is pretty good coverage rn. appreciates teammates weakening mons like corv and dozo

ive made so many adjustments to this team and it works, but it never feels finished, so im just sharing it in hopes people can use it to climb to high ladder even if its not reliable vs all teams.
its main weaknesses are:
:garganacl: - with tera this thing is pretty much unstoppable for this team
:dondozo: :skeledirge: :toxapex: - boots spam stall/balance teams destroy me now i got rid of the knock users i originally started with (Tusk+Meow).
:zamazenta: sub zama is a tough matchup, just seeing the dog on preview means you need to preserve health on tinglu
:torkoal: :walking-wake: sun is a rough matchup, the dnite addition does help but you do need to predict pretty well to win, especially if you miss magma storm a couple times it can become really rough.

overall i think we have a lack of decent teams that dont rely on radar mons, and this is an option if you're an honest player, or reading this from a future where they're banned.
if you're looking to top the ladder this isn't the best, but if you just want an easy way out of midladder this team is worth a try.

Exotic64

MDRRRRRRRR
is a Tiering Contributor
:avalugg: chien-pao is broken, this is my attempt at a check for this team. spin is good support for opposing hazards
banded pao kinda 6-0s this, if theres rocks support avalugg aint surviving a sacred lol
252+ Atk Choice Band Sword of Ruin Chien-Pao Sacred Sword vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Avalugg-Hisui: 376-444 (95.4 - 112.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

banded pao kinda 6-0s this, if theres rocks support avalugg aint surviving a sacred lol
252+ Atk Choice Band Sword of Ruin Chien-Pao Sacred Sword vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Avalugg-Hisui: 376-444 (95.4 - 112.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
Its not Hisui-Avalugg, its regular Avalugg. Also it has boots.

I stole the team and it gets the job done as a Chien-Pao check and Landorus-T answer. Tera Water also gives it a nice MU vs some Rain mons like Basculegion.

CaptainDaimyo

Love is a rebellious bird that none can tame...
is a Contributor to Smogon
Favorite team i've been using so far

:volcarona: :enamorus: :dragapult: :landorus-therian: :volcanion: :corviknight:

A balance team I built recently 2 days ago that I've been having some fun with. Start with Landorus-T to set up rocks then U-turn to your next Pokemon depending on the situation. Volcarona is the main sweeper that can handle Zamazenta when boosted as well as Heatran after Tera. Enamorus is your go-to against walls like Dondozo and Skeledirge that Volcarona doesn't really wanna stay in against. Dragapult is the physical wallbreaker of the team that can check Focus Sash Sneasler to prevent it from getting Unburden boosts. Lando and Corv for hazard control, plus Lando can weaken physical attackers with Intimidate. Lastly, Volcanion is your check against Choiced rain sweepers like Basculegion.

Boots Glowking Offense, also featuring my fav new mon, Enamorus
https://pokepast.es/cbb7c00c66978801

:slowking-galar: Absurdly good Future Sight pivot in the current meta. Power gem is there because I've been running into a lot of a teams designed around overwhelming Volcarona checks then sweeping with it. Can be swapped for Flamethrower/Ice Beam/Surf/Slack off.
:enamorus: Crazy mixed coverage with contrary Superpower boosting. If lined up with Glowking's Future Sight can pretty much always net you a kill, or damage a pokemon enough to finish them off with coverage.
:baxcalibur: Pretty standard Swords Dance breaker. Fairy tera if your Enamorous is overwhelmed and your opponent is spamming dragon moves. Ice Shard priority also helps with no scarfer.
:cinderace: The set is a mix between the Offensive Pivot and Bulky Pivot set. I enjoy this fusion because the priority of Sucker Punch is useful on this team as there is no scarfer and the team is otherwise weak to scarf Gholdengo and specs Dragapult.
:garchomp: Standard defensive hazard setter. Don't worry too much about keeping up hazards if you can rack up chip damage.
:corviknight: Old reliable. I can slot U-Turn over Defog on this set due to my prodigous use of Heavy Duty Boots. EV spread speed creeps opposing Corviknight for more reliable endgames.

All pokemon are female to avoid nonsense with Enamorus' Cute Charm. Pokemon can't be lesbians? Smh during pride month too.
Tapioca - USAO
Vitality - Mittsies
Artificial Snow - Camellia
Ansatsu Princess - Mitchie M feat. Hatsune Miku
T+ vs Shark - T+pazolite
Bookmaker - Kobaryo

Cdijk16

Cdijk21 on PS!
is a Pre-Contributor
Last gen, Galar Slowking Future Sight + Urshifu-RS was a very popular combo. This was because most of the Fighting resists at the time were weak to psychic, making the combo almost impossible to switch into. Now that Galar Slowking has Chilly Reception to bring in CB fighters more easily, I've decided to recreate the combo in gen 9. OU also now has a new CB Fighting type in the form of CB Zamazenta. The team below has done fairly well for me on ladder, but it's not super well optimized. I think that this Future Sight + Fighting wallbreaker playstyle can also work with other Fighters like Urshifu-RS, Sneasler etc.
CB Zama FSight BO (pokepast.es) (Ice Fang Zama)
CB Zama FSight BO(Edge) (pokepast.es)
:zamazenta: This is the team's main wallbreaker. It's fast and also provides an emergency check to Chien-Pao. Stone Edge slams Zapdos, Volcarona and Skeledirge that switch in hoping to wall the IronPress set. Could maybe be replaced with Urshifu-RS, but I haven't tested that version.
:slowking-galar: This works as a blanket special wall + pivot. Tera Dark helps with Specs Dragapult. As mentioned earlier, FS has great synergy with Zamazenta.
:corviknight: This is the team's main physical wall. It also provides pivoting support with U-Turn. Defog is not used as I have a lot of boots users.
:landorus-therian: Stealth rock setter, pivot and physical wall. Relieves pressure from Corviknight to check some physical threats.
:volcanion: Water immunity and main check to rain. Could maybe do with a more defensive spread, but i haven't tested that yet.
:hisui-samurott: The team's scarfer. I wasn't sure what scarfer was good here, but i settled on HSamu as it has Aqua Jet for Volcarona, a very scary mon for this team. Might be replaced in later builds, especially if I swap Zama for Shifu-RS.
The set and spreads aren't very optimized, so any suggestions are welcome.

Last edited:
Azelf + 4 Dancer Screen HO

https://pokepast.es/c95285cb3df9e579

This straightforward team featuring lead azelf & grimscreen + 4 difference dance sweeper.

:Azelf: good lead in this meta infested with :Great-Tusk: as rapid spinner while also replace :Landorus-Therian: who lose explosion.
:Grimmsnarl: self explanatory for setting screen, his IV spread is for mixed defensive.
:Lilligant-Hisui: is my favorite new mon as she is the only user of victory dance, who also has hustle ability to increase 1,5 of her firepower, the drawback of 0.8 accuracy can be boosted to 0.88 by wide lens
:Mew: while lose many of its moves, it can still be using as threatening DD sweeper with perfect coverage of physic fang/cc/crunch, adamant is preferred over jolly to maximize its firepower along with life orb
:Volcarona: traditional HO sweeper with tera ground its easily can destroy :Heatran: to pieces
:Kingambit: the last mon that preferred to go last for all 5 supreme overlord boost, tera fairy is to flip the matchup against its 4x weakness to fighting

This team is far from perfect but pretty fun to use

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)