Resource SV OU Bazaar - Teal Mask Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hot N Cold - Weathers are hot/cool right now so I bring two almost generic builds for those who want to try something new and quickly.

:Torkoal::Walking Wake:
:Great_Tusk::Shiftry::Cresselia:

https://pokepast.es/afb65ec3e9518659
Walking Wave is better than ever, just enjoy the masked fire boy I have an early feeling we won't have him for a long time.

:Ninetales_Alola::Baxcalibur::Sandslash_Alola::Manaphy::Slowking_Galar::Landorus-Therian:
https://pokepast.es/53262d64761ff799
9Tales Alola, Baxca, Light Clay? Only time (and perhaps a survey) will tell. Add Manaphy, an extra Snow and more momentum.

Long time no teams, but having some fun in a long time too.
Why your shifty has 29 HP IVS?

Hey guys back with another fun team, new meta's been trading me badly cuz dropped to 1200 and 1300 in my alt and main respectively. But this team is giving me hope for a resurgence.

Ogerpon+ScreenWebs+Booster Spam HO
:ribombee: :dragapult: :great tusk: 1694857615003.png :walking wake: :iron moth:

https://pokepast.es/307429eeb61b571f

Teambuilding
Before finalising with this format, I was experimenting with maus and cinder for a while, before Stantler is Uber gave a solid setup format in which I shifted a mon with ribombee to really make this team dangerous. this team's been perfoming well with ogerpon getting an annihilation of a run (a replay of that will be attached at the end).

Team Preview
(All sets are given in the pokepaste)
Ribombee: Sets up webs and stun spores for easy openings
Dragapult: Obviously, Screens.
Great Tusk: Gambit Counter, Hazard removal, BU sweeper. Need I say more?
Ogerpon-Hearthflame: Main mon of the team.
Wake: Agility+Sub is a dangerous wall breaker that plays with :garganacl:(not tera water ones) and unaware :clodsire:.
Iron Moth: A common ou staple and :baxcalibur: dealer if it doesn't have any speed boosts.

Counters
Don't know yet but if you have found one while using it or previewing it, please mention in a follow up post.

Replays
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1944674723

Conclusion

I hope I can reach somewhat high ladder with this team and hope bax is gone. Peace out until then!

Also I reached a tour final with this stuff, so this team can cook fr!

Last edited:
Why your shifty has 29 HP IVS?
With 31 IV, total is 321, and 10% Life Orb recoil is 32 HP.
With 29 IV, total is 319, and 10% Life Orb recoil is 31 HP.
After 3 hits, the loss is already starting to pay off. Since Shiftry is fragile, the defensive significance is basically nil anyway, so it's not a must-have.
Considering how fragile Shiftry is, I have rarely used Swords Dance, I take advantage of the post to suggest Rock Slide (to defeat Moltres and open the way to Ogerpon) or Brick Break (to break Screens / Aurora Veil).

ausma

token smogon furry
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Top Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Forum Leader
:torkoal::ogerpon-hearthflame::roaring-moon::walking-wake::hatterene::great-tusk:
https://pokepast.es/896277ee3ee27d95

i love ogerpon so much and she is very powerful so here is a cookie cutter sun team that farms

torkoal - gamer torkoal that ups. sunny day to cteam the weather wars, including chilly reception gking
ogerpon - gamer ogerpon. play rough can be slashed with encore
roaring moon - ebelt knock brick ihead 2hkos p much everything. spread knock off like no tomorrow, rk most of the tier, and also own bax screens
walking wake - gamer wake that ohkos the entire tier
hatterene - gamer hat. keep the rocks off for ogerpon. profit.
great tusk - clears hazards, cleans sometimes, owns kingambit

:skeledirge: :ogerpon-wellspring: :weezing-galar: :kingambit: :sneasler: :ursaluna-bloodmoon:
https://pokepast.es/5883404131cf9492
I made this team to counter weather & Ogerpon, it consists of

:skeledirge: Skeledirge - Walls Hearthflame and normal Ogerpon, Helps mightily in fighting setup sweepers and corviknight, uses reliable recovery to outlive it's burned opponents
:ogerpon-wellspring: Ogerpon-Wellspring - Sits on rain abusers like Barraskewda & Floatzel, it's stabs are great and knock off + u-turn makes it always useful every game
:weezing-galar: Weezing-Galar - Very strong defensively with it's typing, ability, & access to will-o-wisp hard counters Great Tusk. Actually has more uses than you'd expect, it also serves as the defogger and has good stabs.
:kingambit: Kingambit - The setup every team needs and the priority every team wants. Its Kingambit bb
:sneasler: Sneasler - Sneasler is needed to break through otherwise challenging pokemon to deal with like Kingambit, it can get to blistering speeds with unburden and usually does; providing great speed control
:ursaluna-bloodmoon: Ursaluna-Bloodmoon - genuine kill button, has great bulk and calm mind + moonlight, if you're not ohkoing it it will leave a big dent in any mon, there are no switch-ins to it's dual stab besides corviknight who is just setup fodder (don't use vacuum wave its bad)

Originally I built this team because I thought Skeledirge could go crazy, and I prioritized pokemon with strong types and countering in mind. I have used this team to successfully climb low OU over the past few hours as someone not familiar with OU. I hope you can use my team as well as I have and thank you for reading my first (Wishiwashi at best) post.
-edit gave :weezing-galar: Shadow Ball for :gholdengo:

Last edited:
https://pokepast.es/ec166e8eefd0cb31
I made this team to counter weather & Ogerpon, it consists of

Skeledirge - Walls Hearthflame and normal Ogerpon, Helps mightily in fighting setup sweepers and corviknight, uses reliable recovery to outlive it's burned opponents
Ogerpon-Wellspring - Sits on rain abusers like Barraskewda & Floatzel, it's stabs are great and knock off + u-turn makes it always useful every game
Weezing-Galar - Very strong defensively with it's typing, ability, & access to will-o-wisp hard counters Great Tusk. Actually has more uses than you'd expect, it also serves as the defogger and has good stabs.
Kingambit - The setup every team needs and the priority every team wants. Its Kingambit bb
Sneasler - Sneasler is needed to break through otherwise challenging pokemon to deal with like Kingambit, it can get to blistering speeds with unburden and usually does; providing great speed control
Ursaluna-Bloodmoon - genuine kill button, has great bulk and calm mind + moonlight, if you're not ohkoing it it will leave a big dent in any mon, there are no switch-ins to it's dual stab besides corviknight who is just setup fodder (don't use vacuum wave its bad)

Originally I built this team because I thought Skeledirge could go crazy, and I prioritized pokemon with strong types and countering in mind. I have used this team to successfully climb low OU over the past few hours as someone not familiar with OU. I hope you can use my team as well as I have and thank you for reading my first (Wishiwashi at best) post.
(also if anyone could tell me how to insert pokemon sprites that would be nice lmao)
cool team but when you said skeli walls hearth flame was when I got shocked, since hearth flame has moldbreaker and can sd+knock off skeli to the underworld. If am wrong, then maybe I've been stuck in low ladder for too long. And even if you Tera Fairy to live a neutral hit, it still has mold breaker so the sd boosts matter and trailblaze oger-flame can slap most of your team.

Last edited:

ausma

token smogon furry
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Top Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Forum Leader
here's part 2 of my ogerpon love posting, now featuring webs

:ribombee::ogerpon-wellspring::kingambit::ursaluna-bloodmoon::gholdengo::samurott-hisui:

ribombee - ribombee does shot web. skill swap > u-turn if you want but you own hatterene anyway

ogerpon - she is here and she is queer. the water one is a very self sufficient sd user thanks to embody aspect, tera water being really good, and horn leech keeping it healthy. can sometimes 6-0 with webs support and good positioning

kingambit - jolly gambit pairs well with webs, tera dark makes up the difference for dropping adamant which can be useful if you need the extra sucker power to revenge things

ursaluna - 4 attacks ursaluna go brrnt. blood moon + ep are your stabs, and tera blast is a dual pronged option that can back up its tera fighting or be a secondary stab option. vacuum wave is a nice pinch prio option, pairs well w/ tera. overall good tank that can punch big holes for gambit/ogerpon

gholdengo - your good ol air balloon dengo. this is a bulkier set that can help to 1v1 some annoying shits like mandi. sball + focus blast clears most things and you can lure/snipe opposing gambits or annoying bulky steels. usually you'll want to sacrifice it for momentum and damage after coming in on a tusk, but it can be a nice tool in the lategame due to tera + bulk

samurott - probably the most off the cuff choice on this team, but black glasses + adamant is an absurdly noticeable damage boost, letting ceaseless 2hko most neutral targets and really reap the reward of the sticky webs. flip turn is a nice complement, since you can just click ceaseless and then get a safe flip turn into gholdengo against opposing tusk. even w/out sd it hits like a truck and it's a good hazard stacker. knock and sucker pair well w/ the black glasses, and knock can disrupt hdb-heavy structures

Kenpwnchi

formerly Pwndkthnx
All too true on Vacuum Wave. So completely disappointed. I even went Life Orb Tera Fighting! I'm lucky to get 60 on a super effective hit. Priority is literally the reason I wanted it over Ursa.
Wait. So, you're telling me Tera Type Fighting Life Orb BM Ursaluna, with Vacuum Wave, is no good?! Would it be better after using Calm Mind once or twice? It has Moonlight to, somewhat, maintain it's field presence.

Wait. So, you're telling me Tera Type Fighting Life Orb BM Ursaluna, with Vacuum Wave, is no good?! Would it be better after using Calm Mind once or twice? It has Moonlight to, somewhat, maintain it's field presence.
I pray, I really pray. I thought I could go for immediate power since I'm using wish support, but...

I'm not saying Life Orb Luna is bad, but not only did Vacuum Wave let me down, it made me actually feel dumb for wasting the tera option.

Red Raven

I COULD BE BANNED!
I'd like to share this team that has been working out for me thus far

:great tusk::ogerpon::moltres::empoleon::iron valiant::garchomp:

Considering how much of a Garchomp fan I am, I built this team around it. Simple, scale shot sucks so loaded dice makes it not suck. Sub scale shot is a nasty set especially if you tera steel against a super effective hit. Yes, Enamorous walls you but that's what Moltres is for, wall it right back. Sub on Garchomp allows me to really mess with Kingambit, not that I encountered much of it lately. Ogerpon is the main damage dealer because really, this shit's ridiculous. Great Tusk is the spinner because really, what options are there anyway while Empoleon is the general special tank. I didn't bother with knock off because I don't particularly care about removing items. Iron Valiant is the last mon and the only one I'm not so sure about. It's really one of the only reliable late game cleaners and with encore, I can mess up walls really bad. And I also forgot to set Empoleon's tera type. Oh well, what the hell

I'd like to share this team that has been working out for me thus far

:great tusk::ogerpon::moltres::empoleon::iron valiant::garchomp:

Considering how much of a Garchomp fan I am, I built this team around it. Simple, scale shot sucks so loaded dice makes it not suck. Sub scale shot is a nasty set especially if you tera steel against a super effective hit. Yes, Enamorous walls you but that's what Moltres is for, wall it right back. Sub on Garchomp allows me to really mess with Kingambit, not that I encountered much of it lately. Ogerpon is the main damage dealer because really, this shit's ridiculous. Great Tusk is the spinner because really, what options are there anyway while Empoleon is the general special tank. I didn't bother with knock off because I don't particularly care about removing items. Iron Valiant is the last mon and the only one I'm not so sure about. It's really one of the only reliable late game cleaners and with encore, I can mess up walls really bad. And I also forgot to set Empoleon's tera type. Oh well, what the hell

Rock tomb is ...questionable on oger, even if you dont use knock for some reason superpower is better. CC on cm valiant is a bad idea, just use aura sphere/ focus miss.

:torkoal::ogerpon-hearthflame::roaring-moon::walking-wake::hatterene::great-tusk:

i love ogerpon so much and she is very powerful so here is a cookie cutter sun team that farms

torkoal - gamer torkoal that ups. sunny day to cteam the weather wars, including chilly reception gking
roaring moon - ebelt knock brick ihead 2hkos p much everything. spread knock off like no tomorrow, rk most of the tier, and also own bax screens
Why is Wake SpAtk boost under sun? Testing this team out, I've found a few scenarios where I wished I were Speed boost. But I just finished a game (link below) where Speed boost didn't OHKO Ursaluna under sun. Is that why?

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1947270936

ausma

token smogon furry
OU Forum Leader
Why is Wake SpAtk boost under sun? Testing this team out, I've found a few scenarios where I wished I were Speed boost. But I just finished a game (link below) where Speed boost didn't OHKO Ursaluna under sun. Is that why?

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1947270936
the speed boost seldom matters against the main targets u use wake against, and spatk proto does secure a lot of kills ye. rm w/ proto speed covers you on the revenge killing front really well too

Stall with double Wish, Magic Guard CM Clefable and SD Gliscor

:clefable: :blissey: :alomomola: :gliscor: :jirachi: :dondozo:

I think now is a good time to play stall again !

The team uses no Defog nor Rapid Spin as this has been the new standard for stall this generation.
Except now there are Magic Guard Clefable and Gliscor that can both act as a Knock Off absorber; as they don’t mind entry hazards.

I decided to use Jirachi as my counterplay to Future Sight. This is much better than Protect Blissey which is too passive. Alola Muk was an option but to work efficiently Muk needs Leftovers in my opinion which was not possible. Also, having SR, Wish and Body Slam makes Jirachi a good support for the team.

Alomomola with Scald is a great pivot, allowing to burn physical threats and Wish pass to give free switches. Light Screen + Protect is a second counterplay to Future Sight. It also helps Gliscor / Clefable to set up. And helps CM Blissey to check threats like Manaphy.

CM Clefable and SD Gliscor are my two stallbreakers and win condition. I have to admit I’m still considering Taunt over SD on Gliscor, and a more offensive spread on Clefable.

Last thing : I decided to drop the Ursaluna match up. Fitting Corviknight is too restricting in my opinion.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
Tera Type: Electric
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Moonlight
- Calm Mind
- Stored Power

Blissey @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Natural Cure
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss
- Shadow Ball
- Calm Mind

Alomomola @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Def / 216 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Scald
- Light Screen

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 244 HP / 252 SpD / 12 Spe
Careful Nature
- Protect
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance

Jirachi @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Serene Grace
Tera Type: Psychic
EVs: 252 HP / 184 SpD / 72 Spe
Careful Nature
- Wish
- Stealth Rock
- Body Slam
- Protect

Dondozo @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Unaware
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Liquidation
- Body Press
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

DARK MEAT
Those of you who remember Heatah Fajita, or at least the archive, might remember the Highlight of BasedLord CTC's team Dark Meat (being 50% Dark, 50% Meat iirc). Unfortunately, it seems both the video and the highlight were removed, but I managed to find the GOATpendium where CTC posting his teams at the time, with two editions of Dark Meat being present (#14 and #26 in the first post). I wanted to bring back Dark Meat into a new generation, so I took it upon myself to recreate a gen9 version of Dark Meat, accounting for dex cuts and loss of mega/ashgren/z-moves. Unfortunately, due to CTC using puu.sh at the time, the team comp is unavailable apart from the mons/formes and items, so I had to guess and fill in some blanks.

With that being said, here's my (pre-tealmask) interpretation of CTC's
Dark Meat v3:
:landorus-therian:-:ting-lu:-:dragapult:-:meowscarada:-:kingambit:-:iron-valiant:
Lando stayed (I presume) the same, Ting-Lu replaced mega venusaur as a wall, dragapult over latios as a fast pivot dragon, kingambit as the bisharp that grew up, Iron Valiant replaces Magearna as a special fairy (Booster Energy could also be reminiscent of Z if the crystal was used for a status move) and Weavile is replaced with Meowscarada, but since DLC1 brought Knock Off back to Weavile you might run it instead if you want to stay true. I think Meow does its role well tho.
also I don't listen to much rap, so if you want to put better songs as names for your mons go ahead

Dark rating: The team is 50% Dark, staying true to the 1:1 Dark:Meat ratio, and every dark has its place, Meowscarada has a great physical pivot role with Protean, Gambit is Gambit and Ting-Lu does well as a Special wall thanks to its bulk and vessel of ruin, but I wish I had 1 wall that wasn't ground to handle checks more easily.
Meat rating: IDK wtf CTC had in mind when he proposed "meat" as a term, but from the way I interpret it, I think I did an ok job with this one. The only (non-dark) mon I can truly say is meaty is Lando since the basedlord himself put it on. I feel like he's like the T-rex burger from Wendy's, just pure bulk and intimidation. Other than that, Dragapult's raw power is to be respected, and his ability to weave in and out of situations makes me think he's more nimble than Latios before him. I'd say he's more like a chicken in flavor, splashable and universal. Iron Valiant stands out to me as probably more of a late-game cleaner, and I would say he's probably more fish than meat since you just switch it in and press buttons so its kinda brainless, but thats just me. anyway 6/10 could be meatier

Now before I found the GOATpendium, I actually tried making my own version of
Dark Meat, and this is what I came up with:
:kingambit:-:great-tusk:-:hoopa-unbound:-:dondozo:-:overqwil:-:corviknight:
Kingambit. Tusk acts as a defensive utility mon, brick break gets rid of screens, Hoopa is monstrous as a spdef wall. dozo is great at taking physical hits (could probs replace boots with helmet), and so is corv. Metronome Overqwil is pretty fun to use but if you want something else then use samurott-H.

Dark rating: again, perfect 1:1 Dark:Meat ratio, with Gambit being Gambit and Hoopa being bulky and versatile. As I said, use samurott if you wanna switch Overqwil, I just wanted something new. Metronome kinda funny tho.
Meat rating: definitely the meatiest team of the two. Tusk, even taking on a supportive defensive role, is incredibly meaty, as it absorbs hits and hazards like a big wagyu steak sucking up its juices after being left out. Hoopa, one of the dark mons, even stands out as meaty with that av, spdef and hp, and its attack power is nothing to sneeze at. Dondozo is one of the fattest walls in the game with Unaware and that natural bulk, and it definitely has some pork-like qualities to it. You're gonna smoke that thing for 12 hours before it cooks. And Corviknight being Corviknight, but I wanted it to act as a surprise stallbreaker too. It feels great when you're +3 in both stats and your opponent's physical attacker/unaware wall doesnt know what's coming. It's like chicken breast stuffed with bacon, herbed cheese and asparagus. overall 9/10 pretty meaty.

I played some games and tours and had some wins, some losses. These teams might not reach the top of the ladder but they are very, very fun to use. This was pre-DLC tho, and they may need some adjusting. If possible, I'd like CTC to tell me how true to the concept of
Dark Meat I was, or suggest changes or adapt the old Dark Meat to gen 9. Either way, this one's for the fans, see ya OU, thanks for reading, going back to OMs now.
Edit: damn, if only someone could have posted before me I could have had post #69

Last edited:
i stopped playing for a couple months, but got back when dlc dropped.
made a team in a couple mins. and got to 1700. feels like it can perform better, but i'm just too bad to do it.

standard HO post-hearthflame ban

v1 was
:mamoswine: :samurott-hisui: :ogerpon-hearthflame: :landorus-therian: :dragonite: :greninja:

after ogerpon wen ubers, the tean became:
:mamoswine: :kingambit: :iron valiant: :landorus-therian: :dragonite: :greninja:
it functions basically the same.

each mon in detail:
:mamoswine: is standard sash lead. :iron treads: or :glimmora: are probably better, but i don't love them as much as i love mamo.
:kingambit: is fairy tera because of :ursaluna-bloodmon:'s pesky vacuum wave.
:iron valiant: is the standard sd wallbreaker. mixed and cm probably works too, i just didn't test it.
:landorus-therian: is a standard pivot. in a fast paced team scarf seems to be the only viable option tbh.
:dragonite: offensive dd. favorite mon this gen, by far.
:greninja: team was lacking special attackers, so here it is. i also find battle bond neat this gen.

threats are:
:gliscor: tera water sucks.
:conkeldurr: lmao more like bulky offense as a whole. without setup is hard af to break them.
:ninetales-alola: i don't have really good matchups for aurora veil lead.
:ursaluna-bloodmoon: specially behind screens.
:clefable: unaware is the same problem as bulky offense teams. just annoying in general to deal with.

most of those problems were alleviated by :ogerpon-hearthflame: hitting everything super hard :(

IMPORTABLE HERE

i stopped playing for a couple months, but got back when dlc dropped.
made a team in a couple mins. and got to 1700. feels like it can perform better, but i'm just too bad to do it.

standard HO post-hearthflame ban

v1 was
:mamoswine: :samurott-hisui: :ogerpon-hearthflame: :landorus-therian: :dragonite: :greninja:

after ogerpon wen ubers, the tean became:
:mamoswine: :kingambit: :iron valiant: :landorus-therian: :dragonite: :greninja:
it functions basically the same.

each mon in detail:
:mamoswine: is standard sash lead. :iron treads: or :glimmora: are probably better, but i don't love them as much as i love mamo.
:kingambit: is fairy tera because of :ursaluna-bloodmon:'s pesky vacuum wave.
:iron valiant: is the standard sd wallbreaker. mixed and cm probably works too, i just didn't test it.
:landorus-therian: is a standard pivot. in a fast paced team scarf seems to be the only viable option tbh.
:dragonite: offensive dd. favorite mon this gen, by far.
:greninja: team was lacking special attackers, so here it is. i also find battle bond neat this gen.

threats are:
:gliscor: tera water sucks.
:conkeldurr: lmao more like bulky offense as a whole. without setup is hard af to break them.
:ninetales-alola: i don't have really good matchups for aurora veil lead.
:ursaluna-bloodmoon: specially behind screens.
:clefable: unaware is the same problem as bulky offense teams. just annoying in general to deal with.

most of those problems were alleviated by :ogerpon-hearthflame: hitting everything super hard :(

IMPORTABLE HERE
same here. even though I'm on a break from showdown, it was heartbreaking to hear that one of out best bois got banned. :(

Been using this team post ban, replacing :ogerpon-hearthflame: with :ceruledge:
we ball (Ceruledge) @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Weak Armor
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Poltergeist
- Bitter Blade
- Shadow Sneak
Speed EVs are enough to outspeed :iron valiant: after weak armor proc, and rest of the EVs went into hp to make it bulkier. It's a surprisingly good iron valiant switch in, taking on all special valiants very well and being 3hkod by max attack iron valiant knock off, while bitter blade 2hkos. It also handles :iron moth: very well. It does rely heavily on rocks not being up and it still loses to :kingambit: sucker punch, though shadow sneak mindgames can cheese it sometimes. Also trying out skill swap over dazzling gleam on :hatterene: as a tech against :gliscor: , if you get the gliscor to stay in and earthquake, you can destroy its longevity :)

Funny Cramorant Team
:cramorant::ursaluna-bloodmoon::cinderace::gholdengo::rillaboom::kingambit:
click pokemons for the pokepaste
i was just playing some matches and i faced a cramorant and thought hmm this pokemon is dumb let's make a team with it so here it is :
1696447042869.png

:cramorant: is just a joke but his role is using Defog and Paralyzing shit and with Endure it can make sure it lives with at least one hp so it can activate Gulp Missile (You have to use Surf before otherwise Gulp Missile doesnt activate).

1696447389719.png

:ursaluna-bloodmoon: broken af just click bloodmoon against most shit when fighting steel types click earth power and when facing stuff like :corviknight: u can tera fire and use tera blast which is also the normal stab, it has vacuum wave for :kingambit: and :assault-vest: for bulk on the special side.

1696447642678.png

:cinderace: is just useful right now everyone due to Court Change uses :ribombee: for Sticky Webs and :glimmora: is also just annoying, :gliscor: is also back and it has SPIKES and TOXIC SPIKES now so thats good and lastly for Court Change it can steal Aurora Veil from ur opponent. :cinderace: has :heavy-Duty-Boots: to counter neultralize Stealth Rocks, Sticky Web, Spikes and T spikes. it has Sucker Punch for priority U-turn for keeping momentum going and Pyro Ball for STAB.

1696447984137.png

:gholdengo: Makes sure that the hazards :cinderace: stole stay up it has :covert-cloak: in case people still use :garganacl: Nasty Plot for Setup Recover for healing and just Shadow Ball and Make It Rain for attacking.

1696448095781.png

Funny Monke do lot of damage? :Rillaboom: is just strong af even after Grassy Glide nerf (Rip Grassy Glide) its still just a good priority move it has Knock Off for ghost types and being annoying U-turn for keeping momentum going and Woodhammer cuz its strong. It has :choice-band: to be even stronger and i made it Adamant Nature to make it even stronger (u can always change the nature if u want).

1696448331676.png

Last but not least :kingambit:. :kingambit: is strong annoying and did i mention it was strong? i gave it :Covert-cloak: because Scald is back, I gave it low kick for opposing :kingambit: and gave it a + speed nature to make sure its faster (99% of the time no one runs +speed :Kingambit:) it has sucker punch for priority Iron Head for Fairy Types and Kowtow Cleave in case they dont attack.
(PS kingambit looks like a Chair change my mind)

Double Normal Fat Balance

:Landorus-Therian: :Samurott-Hisui: :Ceruledge: :Blissey: :Ursaluna-Bloodmoon: :Hatterene:

https://pokepast.es/ac5e21fc9bfd57c8

:Landorus-Therian:Terribly underrated Pokemon right now, Intimidate support and a Ground/Flying typing will never be bad, though this Lando runs a specially defensive spread to be able to better take hits from the likes of Zapdos, Iron Valiant, and Iron Moth to be able to have insurance with a slow U-Turn to give free switch-ins to the more offensive guys. Tera Water because yes.

:Samurott-Hisui: Scarf Samurott is a very threatening Mon with Flip Turn, as Cinderace is no longer able to outspeed and threaten it with U-Turns or Will-o-Wisps, not to mention how it can't get off a Court Change before dying. Samurott has decent enough power to be offensively threatening, and it can function as a late game cleaner, but overall its not the main source of offense on this team. Tera Ghost to deny a Rapid Spinning Great Tusk or to potentially catch a stray Close Combat.

:Ceruledge: Ceruledge is an interesting Pokemon in OU. Due to its frailty, it can be difficult to get onto the field, but due to it outspeeding everything in the tier with a Weak Armour boost, the ability to threaten large chunks of HP off of Kingambit, Ting-Lu, and even Great Tusk (2HKO with +2 Poltergeist, favourable OHKO with max spikes up), it is a threat. Additionally, Ceruledge serves as the team's spinblocker, and while a team's Ghost being so weak to Great Tusk is not ideal, it serves as a Ghost that actively threatens Corviknight and Gholdengo, so I think that is a fair trade. Tera Fairy to resist Kingambit's Sucker Punch, alongside just being a generally good defensive type.

:Blissey: Calm Mind Blissey is one of the few Pokemon that can check the absolute beasts that are Manaphy and Bloodmoon-Ursaluna. While this team spot will probably be changed for me in the future, right now it is a necessity to prevent this team from getting bowled over by the pair. I am running a more offensive movepool just to threaten Manaphy with Thunderbolts, Ursa's with Ice Beam, and just to not be as passive. Tera Dark for specifically Calm Mind + Stored Power Pokemon like Cresselia and Manaphy.

:Ursaluna-Bloodmoon: Ursaluna-Bloodmoon is the main wincon on this team. Let's be real, we all know this is broken, but it fits very well on the team. It threatens switch-in's with its devastating Blood Moon, in which the switch-in's are facing Spike pressure thanks to Samurott. It also serves as an unkillable late-game sweeper thanks to its absurd bulk, reliable recovery, and ability to block Toxic with Tera Poison. Not much more to say than this thing is just a menace.

:Hatterene: This serves as the team's main source of Hazard control. While not as effective thanks to Hisuian Samurott being in the picture, it does do the nice job of shutting down Toxic + Spikes Gliscor shenanigans, and then allowing for safe pivots into frailer teammates like Samurott or Ceruledge thanks to Eject Button. Spreading Nuzzles and damage with Dazzling Gleams and Psychics is quite nice, and Lando, Edge, and Samurott can all appreciate a Healing Wish, but the main purpose of this Mon is to block Hazards. Tera Steel because its good.

Last edited:
Double Normal Fat Balance

:Landorus-Therian: :Samurott-Hisui: :Ceruledge: :Blissey: :Ursaluna-Bloodmoon: :Hatterene:

https://pokepast.es/ac5e21fc9bfd57c8

:Landorus-Therian:Terribly underrated Pokemon right now, Intimidate support and a Ground/Flying typing will never be bad, though this Lando runs a specially defensive spread to be able to better take hits from the likes of Zapdos, Iron Valiant, and Iron Moth to be able to have insurance with a slow U-Turn to give free switch-ins to the more offensive guys. Tera Water because yes.

:Samurott-Hisui: Scarf Samurott is a very threatening Mon with Flip Turn, as Cinderace is no longer able to outspeed and threaten it with U-Turns or Will-o-Wisps, not to mention how it can't get off a Court Change before dying. Samurott has decent enough power to be offensively threatening, and it can function as a late game cleaner, but overall its not the main source of offense on this team. Tera Ghost to deny a Rapid Spinning Great Tusk or to potentially catch a stray Close Combat.

:Ceruledge: Ceruledge is an interesting Pokemon in OU. Due to its frailty, it can be difficult to get onto the field, but due to it outspeeding everything in the tier with a Weak Armour boost, the ability to threaten large chunks of HP off of Kingambit, Ting-Lu, and even Great Tusk (2HKO with +2 Poltergeist, favourable OHKO with max spikes up), it is a threat. Additionally, Ceruledge serves as the team's spinblocker, and while a team's Ghost being so weak to Great Tusk is not ideal, it serves as a Ghost that actively threatens Corviknight and Gholdengo, so I think that is a fair trade. Tera Fairy to resist Kingambit's Sucker Punch, alongside just being a generally good defensive type.

:Blissey: Calm Mind Blissey is one of the few Pokemon that can check the absolute beasts that are Manaphy and Bloodmoon-Ursaluna. While this team spot will probably be changed for me in the future, right now it is a necessity to prevent this team from getting bowled over by the pair. I am running a more offensive movepool just to threaten Manaphy with Thunderbolts, Ursa's with Ice Beam, and just to not be as passive. Tera Dark for specifically Calm Mind + Stored Power Pokemon like Cresselia and Manaphy.

:Ursaluna-Bloodmoon: Ursaluna-Bloodmoon is the main wincon on this team. Let's be real, we all know this is broken, but it fits very well on the team. It threatens switch-in's with its devastating Blood Moon, in which the switch-in's are facing Spike pressure thanks to Samurott. It also serves as an unkillable late-game sweeper thanks to its absurd bulk, reliable recovery, and ability to block Toxic with Tera Poison. Not much more to say than this thing is just a menace.

:Hatterene: This serves as the team's main source of Hazard control. While not as effective thanks to Hisuian Samurott being in the picture, it does do the nice job of shutting down Toxic + Spikes Gliscor shenanigans, and then allowing for safe pivots into frailer teammates like Samurott or Ceruledge thanks to Eject Button. Spreading Nuzzles and damage with Dazzling Gleams and Psychics is quite nice, and Lando, Edge, and Samurott can all appreciate a Healing Wish, but the main purpose of this Mon is to block Hazards. Tera Steel because its good.
Not even an hour after I made this post and Bloodmoon was banned :)

Sticky Web team I have been using (terribly uncreative but sometimes what works best is consistency )
:Ribombee: :Iron moth: :Ogerpon-wellspring: :Great tusk: :Kingambit: :Gholdengo:

:Ribombee: Literally the only good webs setter right now, due to being fast, and hitting :great tusk: for a lot of damage with Moonblast. Skill Swap screws up :Hatterene: users. Stun Spore is so that mons don't set up on me. Tera Ghost blocks rapid spin, even though I didn't even tera it once in all of my testing.

:Iron Moth: This mon is powerful IMO on webs as a cleaner or mid-game wallbreaker, it can fish for Fiery Dance procs combined with :booster energy: to make itself nearly unwallable without a :clodsire:, sludge wave is to hit :cinderace:, :torkoal:, :walking wake: harder, and most importantly OHKO :ogerpon-wellspring: . Don't use Dazzling Gleam; it's weak. Psychic hits :toxapex: and other :ironmoth: harder than the rest of my moves, best 4th move IMO. Tera Grass boosts Energy Ball, making me OHKO :dondozo: and also improves my rain MU (:basculegion: is annoying) Timid is because 95-110 is a crowded speed tier, and timid makes me outspeed :walking wake::ninetales-alola: :Manaphy: :Iron Treads:. Therefore timid is important.

:Ogerpon-Wellspring: Better than :manaphy: IMO. A good typing, good attack and good STABS make this mon a good wallbreaker, hitting most mons for at least neutral damage. The :Wellspring Mask: also boosts the power of its moves by 1.2x. Play Rough complements my coverage nicely, allowing me to hit :dragapult: and :roaring moon:, OHKOing them. Upon Tera, it also gains a SpDef boost, letting me set up more easily vs special attackers. Jolly nature (see above)

:Great Tusk: Originally, I had :Kommo-o:, but I realized that this mon fits more on screens. That's fine though, as Bulk Up :great tusk: with max attack and :booster energy: Attack is a really powerful beast! Ice Spinner always OHKOs :gliscor:, :zapdos: :Dragonite: after 1 bulk up, even factoring in the latter's Multiscale. Adamant for maximum power. Tera Ground boosts Headlong Rush to very deadly levels of power. Rapid Spin to clear hazards in an emergency.
+1 252+ Atk Protosynthesis Great Tusk Ice Spinner vs. 252 HP / 104 Def Zapdos: 384-452 (100 - 117.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO (just enough :D)

:Kingambit: Why was this mon not banned, it literally murders the opposing team if most of your mons are down. Black Glasses + Tera Dark makes Sucker Punch incredibly strong, and I also have Low Kick for the mirror matchup. Low Kick also hits :Ting-Lu: harder. Adamant for more power, jolly doesn't even outspeed base 100 after webs (loll). Reduced :great tusk: usage helps it a lot, and makes Tera Dark more justified.

:Gholdengo: If this mon didn't exist, why would I use webs when :Great Tusk: can spin it away? That's why I have :air balloon:, so I can switch into Tusk once. Tera Fairy resists :Kingambit: Sucker Punch, while also being a good typing in general. The EV spread lets me live 1 defensive :Great Tusk: Earthquake and also an unboosted Fiery Dance from :iron moth: (no:booster energy:), speed is for modest :dragapult: after webs the rest goes into Sp.Atk.

This team is really offensive, the strategy is usually to set up webs, unless you are facing sun, than lead :great tusk: to OHKO :torkoal:, then use your other 5 mons to set up and do massive damage before they faint. You should keep :Kingambit: HP high, it is usually your brainless wincon should all your other mons faint. Against teams with :cinderace: literally don't set up webs before it faints.

Have fun!

edit: replaced Close Combat with Rapid Spin on :great tusk:

Last edited:
Sticky Web team I have been using (terribly uncreative but sometimes what works best is consistency )
:Ribombee: :Iron moth: :Ogerpon-wellspring: :Great tusk: :Kingambit: :Gholdengo:

:Ribombee: Literally the only good webs setter right now, due to being fast, and hitting :great tusk: for a lot of damage with Moonblast. Skill Swap screws up :Hatterene: users. Stun Spore is so that mons don't set up on me. Tera Ghost blocks rapid spin, even though I didn't even tera it once in all of my testing.

:Iron Moth: This mon is powerful IMO on webs as a cleaner or mid-game wallbreaker, it can fish for Fiery Dance procs combined with :booster energy: to make itself nearly unwallable without a :clodsire:, sludge wave is to hit :cinderace:, :torkoal:, :walking wake: harder, and most importantly OHKO :ogerpon-wellspring: . Don't use Dazzling Gleam; it's weak. Psychic hits :toxapex: and other :ironmoth: harder than the rest of my moves, best 4th move IMO. Tera Grass boosts Energy Ball, making me OHKO :dondozo: and also improves my rain MU (:basculegion: is annoying) Timid is because 95-110 is a crowded speed tier, and timid makes me outspeed :walking wake::ninetales-alola: :Manaphy: :Iron Treads:. Therefore timid is important.

:Ogerpon-Wellspring: Better than :manaphy: IMO. A good typing, good attack and good STABS make this mon a good wallbreaker, hitting most mons for at least neutral damage. The :Wellspring Mask: also boosts the power of its moves by 1.2x. Play Rough complements my coverage nicely, allowing me to hit :dragapult: and :roaring moon:, OHKOing them. Upon Tera, it also gains a SpDef boost, letting me set up more easily vs special attackers. Jolly nature (see above)

:Great Tusk: Originally, I had :Kommo-o:, but I realized that this mon fits more on screens. That's fine though, as Bulk Up :great tusk: with max attack and :booster energy: Attack is a really powerful beast! Ice Spinner always OHKOs :gliscor:, :zapdos: :Dragonite: after 1 bulk up, even factoring in the latter's Multiscale. Adamant for maximum power. Tera Ground boosts Headlong Rush to very deadly levels of power.
+1 252+ Atk Protosynthesis Great Tusk Ice Spinner vs. 252 HP / 104 Def Zapdos: 384-452 (100 - 117.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO (just enough :D)

:Kingambit: Why was this mon not banned, it literally murders the opposing team if most of your mons are down. Black Glasses + Tera Dark makes Sucker Punch incredibly strong, and I also have Low Kick for the mirror matchup. Low Kick also hits :Ting-Lu: harder. Adamant for more power, jolly doesn't even outspeed base 100 after webs (loll). Reduced :great tusk: usage helps it a lot, and makes Tera Dark more justified.

:Gholdengo: If this mon didn't exist, why would I use webs when :Great Tusk: can spin it away? That's why I have :air balloon:, so I can switch into Tusk once. Tera Fairy resists :Kingambit: Sucker Punch, while also being a good typing in general. The EV spread lets me live 1 defensive :Great Tusk: Earthquake and also an unboosted Fiery Dance from :iron moth: (no:booster energy:), speed is for modest :dragapult: after webs the rest goes into Sp.Atk.

This team is really offensive, the strategy is usually to set up webs, unless you are facing sun, than lead :great tusk: to OHKO :torkoal:, then use your other 5 mons to set up and do massive damage before they faint. You should keep :Kingambit: HP high, it is usually your brainless wincon should all your other mons faint. Against teams with :cinderace: literally don't set up webs before it faints.

Have fun!
yeah been trying your team out and gotta say it's a powerhouse. Webs+Moth is a deadly combo combo, setting most of my wins with the team. But, not to be the bearer of bad news, it's very hazard prone. Opposing webs, rocks, etc can really take a toll on the team if exploited. I could offer a change in Rapid Spin instead of Close Combat, since EQ or Headlong Rush usually deals with Gambit most of the time, on Tusk. Other than that, an excellent team overall. Forgot but also wake lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)