Smogon VGC PL - Player Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name: StarRaikou
Metagames Played: VGC 2012 to VGC 2021 Series 9.
Timezone: GMT-4 (EDT).
Inactivity: None when it comes to whole weeks.
Bio (optional): Won a regional in 2017, multiple local wins, NPA 7 winner and NPA 9 finalist. Probably more but I can't think of them at the moment.

lax

cloutimus maximus
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnuswon the 10th Official Ladder Tournamentis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
RBTT Champion
Name: lax
Metagames Played: 2021
Timezone: -7
Inactivity: have work but can play
Bio (optional): I enjoy this tier very much, check shitfartvgc’s better rank (account got banned)

Name: kintillo
Metagames Played: 2021
Timezone: EST (GMT-4)
Inactivity: A week in August but free for the foreseeable future otherwise.
Bio (optional):
Hit Top 500 for every series since my start in series 5 on showdown. Peak rank #33 in S9 at 1796, peak elo 1800s+. Dodrio Cup Top 32. Lacking tournament experience for the most part but I'm a fast learner and a team player. Always trying to improve.

Last edited:
Reactions: zee
Name: ZekromZeke
Metagames Played: 17, 18, 19, 21
Timezone: GMT -5
Inactivity: Atm I shouldn't have any major periods of inactivity.
Bio (optional): Played in NPA earlier this year finished with a 4-2 record. Drafted for WWT and EGL (4-0) and managing a PGL team so fuck it lets add another draft league into the mix. Various online tour top cuts in current format + a ton of local wins/top cuts in past formats. Love me some gen 7 Vgc (18!!) so excited to play some of that again. Ready to game with some new people :)

Last edited:

Mack Knife

Future 50th President
Name: Mack Knife
Metagames Played: Vgc 17, Vgc 18, vgc 19
Timezone:
gmt -4
Inactivity:
Not really. I can pretty much play at work anyway
Bio (optional):
idk vgc or any mons tbh. But I watched a Wolfyvgc video in a bar last night. The sound was off but I think I got the gist of it.

Name:Pixxels
Metagames Played:
VGC 2020,2021
Timezone: GMT+3
Inactivity: Was inactive for 2-3 months due to feeling burned out
Bio (optional):aldrich yan top 16,Played in the TPL for Mistralton Justice

Name: SableyeVGC (Sableye)
Metagames Played: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021
Timezone:
GMT-4 (EDT)
Inactivity:
there should be no issues
Bio (optional):
T8 Collinsville regionals 2019, T8 Desafio Latam x2, T16 Atlantic City regionals 2019, Worlds Competitor 2019, part of the winning team of the last Dodrio Cup

Name: Silensum
Metagames: VGC 2017-2021
Timezone: GMT-4
Inactivity: June 19-24, and some nights in July because of band practice
Bio (optional): I'm a longtime VGC player, I got 2nd at Daytona regionals and day 2 worlds in the senior vision in 2019! Additionally, I went 6-0 in Dodrio Cup sets with Borghi and ScarletSkill as my partners (we made top 4 as a team), and I went 2-1 and was picked up mid-season in the TPL draft league.

Last edited:
This is the player signups thread for VGCPL. We decided to open player signups early in order to best gauge if we are going to need to bump the tournament up to 8 teams. Please remember that this tournament will be a 7-9 week commitment and will end towards the end of August if you chose to signup, so we request that you signup only if you can be active for a reasonable amount of time, or otherwise state any activity issues when signing up. You can see the introduction thread and manager signups if you're interested in those. Please only post player signups in this thread.

If you'd like to join the discussion, check out our VGC-PL-Central channel in the
Smogon VGC Discord.

The metagames that will be featured this year are:
- VGC 2021
- VGC 2019
- VGC 2018
- VGC 2017

To be considered at auction, you will need to post with the following format:

Name:
Metagames Played:
Timezone:
Inactivity:
Bio (optional):

You must signup with exactly this format.
We ask for your name (username, not your real name) for organizational reasons and for the auction. The metagames played are those that you have experience in and are capable of playing in a tournament setting. Do not post a metagame that is not one of the featured tiers. Timezone is your local time relative to GMT which helps tell managers how it will be like to coordinate. Inactivity is simply if you have any extensive period of time where you will be unavailable, (for example, gone on vacation for a week) this is incredibly important for the managers to know so that they can do their best to make sure the team doesn't suffer from inactivity. Lastly, we have allowed players the option to include a short bio about themselves. We anticipate that many players signing up don't have much Smogon presence, so this is a fair way for everyone to give a fair impression. Smogon players are more than welcome to use Smogon tournament placements in their bio.

An example sign-up:

Name: zeefable
Metagames Played: VGC 2019, VGC 2021
Timezone: GMT -4
Inactivity: Tuesdays, vacation in mid June
Bio (optional): Top cut 3x regionals, Knoxville regional finalist, 30th Worlds 2016, I also was part of the winning team for Doubles Premier League on Smogon.

Player signups will be open for at least a week, and will be closed 24 hours prior to the auction.

once again, credits to Ubers because I stole most of this OP from their UPL thread
Name: Kjchicken (kjchicken#4146 on discord)
Metagames Played: 21 (dabbled in others but never competed. Willing to learn others!
Timezone: HST
Inactivity: none as of now
Bio (optional):
Top cut a few grass root tours, played in TPL and EGL with positive records in both. Always active and willing to team build/offer practice sets. Although I was not able to compete in previous formats I have basic understanding of the meta progression in them so i should be able to pick up the key aspects quickly. All in all hope to be considered

Name: GalacticVGC
Metagames Played: 17, 18, 19, can try to learn 21
Timezone: EST (GMT-4)
Inactivity: Might be busy during some days, but I won't be off for full weeks
Bio (optional): I was alright in seniors, had some fairly high Regional and International placements in 2017, 2018, and 2019. Got 3rd in NPA8 with the Puppies in 2019, so I have some experience with these kinda tournaments. Started my first masters season in the fall of 2019 and had some alright local and Regional placements. Took a year off and I'm looking to get back into the game. Will try my best to be a positive team presence and support other players.

Name: Particular
Metagames Played: VGC 2017, VGC 2018, VGC 2019, VGC 2021
Timezone: GMT +2
Inactivity: Parent of two + work. I tend to make time for mons though.
Bio: team tournaments: second place Eurocup with team Sweden, finalists NPA10 with New Bark Loud Puppies. Induvidial tournaments: Second place r/VGC series 8 tour, T16 EU in PC2.

Last edited:
Name: Extreme
Metagames Played: VGC 18,VGC 19 and VGC 21
Timezone: GMT +1
Inactivity: No foreseeable inactivity
Bio (optional):
Sheffield 2019 Regional top32, some PCs and MSSs win and PC 3 top64 in Europe (Has a senior: 2nd place at Sheffield 2018 and top16 at London 2017 International)

Last edited:

Jashsmash

Braviary aficionado
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Name: JashSmash
Metagames Played: 2017, 2018, 2019 (Sun, Moon, and Ultra series), and 2020-21
Timezone: PST (GMT +7)
Inactivity: I'm primarily free on weekends, as I have a full time job during the week. If needed I can play in the mornings on weekdays as well.
Bio (optional): Hey! I'm Jash and I'm fairly well known in the Smogon VGC server and among a few other circles as well. I've been playing VGC since late 2016 and while I've never been much of a tournament player, I hope to change that in the coming year with all of these online events and live tournaments coming back. Peak ladder rating for me has been high 1600s low 1700s in VGC 17 and I tend to hang around the high 1500s to low 1600s these days.

Name:Elias
Metagames Played: VGC 17, VGC 18, VGC 19, VGC 21
Timezone:UTC+2
Inactivity:I am available every day

Name: WMAR
Metagames Played: VGC 17, 18 and 21
Timezone: EST
Inactivity: 12:30-7pm Monday-Friday is a no go
Bio (optional):
I have been playing VGC since 2015, i dont play in tournaments due to money issues but i love building and i love battling and will do anything possible to be on time and battle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)