Smogon VGC PL - Player Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.

zee

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
This is the player signups thread for VGCPL. We decided to open player signups early in order to best gauge if we are going to need to bump the tournament up to 8 teams. Please remember that this tournament will be a 7-9 week commitment and will end towards the end of August if you chose to signup, so we request that you signup only if you can be active for a reasonable amount of time, or otherwise state any activity issues when signing up. You can see the introduction thread and manager signups if you're interested in those. Please only post player signups in this thread.

If you'd like to join the discussion, check out our VGC-PL-Central channel in the
Smogon VGC Discord.

The metagames that will be featured this year are:
- VGC 2021
- VGC 2019
- VGC 2018
- VGC 2017

To be considered at auction, you will need to post with the following format:

Name:
Metagames Played:
Timezone:
Inactivity:
Bio (optional):

You must signup with exactly this format.
We ask for your name (username, not your real name) for organizational reasons and for the auction. The metagames played are those that you have experience in and are capable of playing in a tournament setting. Do not post a metagame that is not one of the featured tiers. Timezone is your local time relative to GMT which helps tell managers how it will be like to coordinate. Inactivity is simply if you have any extensive period of time where you will be unavailable, (for example, gone on vacation for a week) this is incredibly important for the managers to know so that they can do their best to make sure the team doesn't suffer from inactivity. Lastly, we have allowed players the option to include a short bio about themselves. We anticipate that many players signing up don't have much Smogon presence, so this is a fair way for everyone to give a fair impression. Smogon players are more than welcome to use Smogon tournament placements in their bio.

An example sign-up:

Name: zeefable
Metagames Played: VGC 2019, VGC 2021
Timezone: GMT -4
Inactivity: Tuesdays, vacation in mid June
Bio (optional): Top cut 3x regionals, Knoxville regional finalist, 30th Worlds 2016, I also was part of the winning team for Doubles Premier League on Smogon.

Player signups will be open for at least a week, and will be closed 24 hours prior to the auction.

once again, credits to Ubers because I stole most of this OP from their UPL thread

yuki

Huh? Me? Not this time...
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Name: yuki
Metagames Played: VGC 2021
Timezone: BST (GMT+1)
Inactivity: Monday, Tuesday, Weekend afternoon-evenings
Bio (optional): 39th in Smogon Major (7-3), peaked at 19th in-game during series 7, peak ELO of 1792 on Showdown before I stopped laddering as much in general.

Name: SudokuMasta
Metagames Played: 17, 18, 19
Timezone: GMT -4
Inactivity: p much free whenever
Bio: Top Cut 2 NA Regionals. T4 in 18, T8 in 19. I also won the Smogon VGC gen7 Throwback Tour a couple months ago. I do not play gen8.
Been going to tournaments since gen 5, always happy to meet new ppl through the game :)

Last edited:
Name: Helios (Helios of Sun on PS)
Timezone: GMT+8
Inactivity: No foreseeable inactivity
Bio (optional): Hello all! I am a new VGC Player of about 4 months. In this time, I have been able to improve and get results such as achieving Top 16 VR Spring Qualifier 4, and have reached Top 500 on PS Ladder multiple times in the season (peaked Top 180 earlier in the season). In the APAC League currently, I am 2-0 in the season, and I actively try to help my teammates practice for their upcoming matches. If you have other questions, feel free to PM me on discord (Maquia#7386) or PS.

Last edited:

Mr.GX

Mew Mew
is a Tiering Contributor
Name: Mr.GX
Metagames Played: VGC 2018, VGC 2019, VGC 2021
Timezone: GMT +5:30
Inactivity: Mondays
Bio (optional): Smogon VGC Major Top Cut, 2x Scramble Champion, Multiple Rank 1 on PS Ladder, Finalist and Semi-Finalist in Smogon BSPL

Name: Mattadome02

Metagames Played: 2017, 2019, 2021

Timezone:
GMT+8

Inactivity:
Weekdays before 8pm GMT +8,may be slightly busy start-mid August due to school

Bio (optional):
Hi! I am a VGC player from Singapore who has achieved top CP rankings in the region for the 2017 and 2019 seasons. My top achievements include being two for two on International Day 2s in 2019 (Melbourne T8, Berlin T32) as well as making Day 2 at Worlds 2017 (Seniors) and 2019 (Masters). I'm looking forward to meeting new people and learning team tournament strategies if I get drafted!

jonas

put your hands to the constellations
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
DPL Champion
Jomatoes
21, Will learn others
PST
None
Online player, have Cut 3 large online tours, Played in 3 pls, 7-2 combined. DM me on discord Jomatoes#0001 and we can talk :]

Last edited:
Name: ttr
Timezone: GMT-5 (CDT)
Inactivity: July 25th - 29th
Bio (optional): Relatively new to VGC with Sw/Sh, but I have some knowledge about VGC 2017 and 2018

Reactions: zee
Name: frog (frogtypebeat on showdown)
Metagames Played: 21
Timezone: gmt+10
Inactivity: sunday daytime, monday+tuesday nights
Bio (optional): ive come 33rd in all 3 oceania pcs so once you pick the other 32 oceanian players hmu. have team experience (currently 2-0 with the goldenrod goomys coming 1st in apac draft league), and have built teams that have won tours

Last edited:
Name: Grandmas Cookin

Metagames Played:
17, 18, 19

Timezone:
GMT-4

Inactivity:
I work weekdays, and am unavailable for the majority of the day, but can be reached on discord to chat or help prep or build.

Bio (optional):
Hello! I'm a Canadian player that's been around since late 2014, and active in the community since 17. I have been to very few live tournaments due to locals being too far away, and all but 1 regional out of the country a year. Despite my lack of results in VGC I've found several notable placements recently in DOU. top 6 in winter seasonal, 4-2 in DWCOP playing for team Canada, notably going 3-0 in pools, and getting drafted into DPL. Although I unfortunately went 2-3 there. I consider myself to be at my best when playing ultra series and 2018, and I excel at teambuilding especially.

While my VGC results are lacking, I can still provide a positive presence on a team, and am able to help prep for every format, as well as play them myself.

Name: tqew
Timezone: GMT -5
Inactivity: Weekdays 5-8 P.M.
Bio (optional): I only started playing in tours recently(about a week ago), 6-3 record in the Smogon VGC Major, top 16 in one of two Mt. Silver's I have joined. I haven't really laddered in S9 but my peak overall is ~1850. On PS! for like 12 hours a day so I can help with building and testing.

Last edited:
Name: snooze
Metagames Played: VGC 2017,VGC 2018, 2019 VGC 2021
Timezone: GMT -7
Inactivity: none
Bio (optional): Utah 2017 regional champion, Utah 2018 top 16

Reactions: zee

Zeal

DPL Champion
Name: no one interesting
Metagames Played: 18,19
Timezone: GMT+8
Inactivity: None, will be free all day every day
Bio (optional): Top 8 worlds 18, top 8 NAIC 19, 17th worlds 19 in seniors and top 16 OCIC in masters. Have not played in over a year but willing to put in work to get good again. Please don't draft me for more than minimum price.

Last edited:

Namuko Pro

THE Mr. 34.5k
Name: Namuko Pro
Metagames Played: 2021. I can play 2019 in a pinch but shouldn't be drafted with the intention of having me play there since I didn't really touch Ultra after NPA ended that year, but I'd be fine to sub in if needed.
Timezone:
GMT -4 (US Eastern time)
Inactivity: N/A
Bio (optional):
Looking through the manager sign-ups I think at least some of you know who I am, but for those who don't:
I started playing back in 2014, cut 4 regionals (T4 VA 2015, T8 Fort Wayne 2015, 2nd VA 2016, T8 Madison 2016) and got T32 at 2015 Worlds before I stopped going to events after 2016 US Nats. I dropped off the face of the Earth for about a year and a half before I came back, but before 2020 didn't do much besides playing in NPA (although maybe that will change when events start back up again???). With everything being online now I played in PC1 and PC3, and got T16 in NA in PC1 and made global finals in PC3. Will be playing in PC4 as well so we'll see what happens there!
I've also played in 6 years of NPA, NPAs 3 - 5 and 8 - 10, and my team has at the very least made playoffs in all the years except for NPA 3, so I have some idea of how to be successful in team tournaments. I've also been drafted to the Puppies three years in a row so I'd like to think that's a sign that I'm a good chat presence to have around -- or at least bring good meme value if nothing else.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)