Ability: Steely spirit
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Df / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
- Crunch
Work or what build

When Zacian or Zamazenta knocks out Galarian Weezing with Neutralizing Gas, why do they get their respective attack/defense boost twice? Is this a bug, because it seems awfully exploitable by something like Ditto who can get to +3 in a pinch.

Ropalme1914

Ace Poker Player
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
When Zacian or Zamazenta knocks out Galarian Weezing with Neutralizing Gas, why do they get their respective attack/defense boost twice? Is this a bug, because it seems awfully exploitable by something like Ditto who can get to +3 in a pinch.
Neutralizing Gas makes it so like that they don't have any ability during the time that it's activated; once it's knocked out, they regain their abilities, which triggers them again. I can't test with Intrepid Sword specifically right now, but Intimidate works just like (Weezing gets out of the field, the Attack drop activated again), so I'm 99% sure it's not a bug and that's how it works on the cart.

Neutralizing Gas makes it so like that they don't have any ability during the time that it's activated; once it's knocked out, they regain their abilities, which triggers them again. I can't test with Intrepid Sword specifically right now, but Intimidate works just like (Weezing gets out of the field, the Attack drop activated again), so I'm 99% sure it's not a bug and that's how it works on the cart.
Interesting so Ditto + Galarian-Weezing can synergize quite well, especially if opposing Quagsire are removed from the game.

Question: Is a G-Darm's Max Flare presumably boosted by Flare Blitz supposed to do less damage to something than an actual Flare Blitz would do (it's supposed to be 140 BP vs. 120 BP)? Because I saw a surprisingly weak Max Flare used against me in a match today (I'm assuming the Max Flare my opponent used was originally a Blitz). My only possible guesses are 1) he ran a second Fire-type attack with less power in addition to Flare Blitz, 2) GT doesn't activate when Dynamaxed (I don't recall that being supposed to happen unless it's been programmed that way on purpose), or 3) it's a bug.

Yeah I try out some less conventional mons in Ubers from time to time. What of it?

Last edited:
Question: Is a G-Darm's Max Flare presumably boosted by Flare Blitz supposed to do less damage to something than an actual Flare Blitz would do (it's supposed to be 140 BP vs. 120 BP)? Because I saw a surprisingly weak Max Flare used against me in a match today (I'm assuming the Max Flare my opponent used was originally a Blitz). My only possible guesses are 1) he ran a second Fire-type attack with less power in addition to Flare Blitz, 2) GT doesn't activate when Dynamaxed (I don't recall that being supposed to happen unless it's been programmed that way on purpose), or 3) it's a bug.

Yeah I try out some less conventional mons in Ubers from time to time. What of it?
It's option 2. Gorilla Tactics acts as a Choice Band, and as such is disabled during Dynamax like Choice items are.

Manaphy

Throughout heaven and earth, I alone am family guy
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Which sets do Reuniclus and Clefable run? I haven't seen them at all on the ladder
Reuniclus runs either an Assault Vest Regenerator set, or a Trick Room Magic Guard set. Clefable runs either a support set with Wish and Rocks/Aromatherapy, or an offensive Calm Mind set that can also set up rocks. All of them are pretty good actually

Reuniclus runs either an Assault Vest Regenerator set, or a Trick Room Magic Guard set. Clefable runs either a support set with Wish and Rocks/Aromatherapy, or an offensive Calm Mind set that can also set up rocks. All of them are pretty good actually
Nice, could you share the EV spread by any chance? :)

Manaphy

Throughout heaven and earth, I alone am family guy
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Nice, could you share the EV spread by any chance? :)
Clefable @ Shed Shell
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock / Baton Pass / Moonblast
- Aromatherapy / Stealth Rock / Baton Pass
- Wish
- Protect

I'm assuming offensive Clefable either goes max speed or just speed creeps everything below base 70 speed (that speed tier is actually so stacked this gen it's ridiculous). Calm Mind/Rocks/Moonblast/Flamethrower

Reuniclus @ Life Orb
EVs: 172 HP / 84 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Trick Room
- Focus Blast

Reuniclus @ Assault Vest
EVs: 172 HP / 84 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Future Sight

let me know if you have questions, hf!

I've been using an Adamant Zamazenta for the extra power since it already has pretty solid speed and bulk. Most sets I see are running Jolly, are there any other threats besides Zacian or Timid Eternatus that Jolly outspeeds that Adamant doesn't?

More general question: Almost every Choice Scarf set I see uses a speed boosting nature. Since the scarf is already providing a ton of speed is it not useful to opt for a power nature instead with scarf? I'm clearly in the minority here so I'd love to know the reasoning. Thanks.

Cynara

Banned deucer.
I've been using an Adamant Zamazenta for the extra power since it already has pretty solid speed and bulk. Most sets I see are running Jolly, are there any other threats besides Zacian or Timid Eternatus that Jolly outspeeds that Adamant doesn't?

More general question: Almost every Choice Scarf set I see uses a speed boosting nature. Since the scarf is already providing a ton of speed is it not useful to opt for a power nature instead with scarf? I'm clearly in the minority here so I'd love to know the reasoning. Thanks.
Adamant vs Jolly on Zamazenta is mostly user preference, Timid Eternatus does not really exist commonly anymore, but you still lose out on it indeed, Jolly still 2HKOs / OHKOs all of its important targets and outspeeding the aforementioned two, which is why Jolly is usually preferred. Choice Banded Zamazenta uses Jolly on the analysis as a default which most newer players copy sets from.

In the discussion of Choice Scarfers, Pokemon like Galarian Darmanitan absolutely need Jolly to outpace Zacian-C. Scarfers such as Zamazenta also outpace Jolly Excadrill in Sand which is noteable. Scarfers such as Dugtrio can afford Adamant though and appreciate the extra power Adamant nature provides and running Jolly Dugtrio does not really gain on much besides other dugtrio.

Adamant vs Jolly on Zamazenta is mostly user preference, Timid Eternatus does not really exist commonly anymore, but you still lose out on it indeed, Jolly still 2HKOs / OHKOs all of its important targets and outspeeding the aforementioned two, which is why Jolly is usually preferred. Choice Banded Zamazenta uses Jolly on the analysis as a default which most newer players copy sets from.

In the discussion of Choice Scarfers, Pokemon like Galarian Darmanitan absolutely need Jolly to outpace Zacian-C. Scarfers such as Zamazenta also outpace Jolly Excadrill in Sand which is noteable. Scarfers such as Dugtrio can afford Adamant though and appreciate the extra power Adamant nature provides and running Jolly Dugtrio does not really gain on much besides other dugtrio.
Thanks for the insight, very much appreciated. I've been toying with Adamant because occasionally I try out Zamazenta-C. I'll keep experimenting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)