Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread

I had a question, I know it's not "meta" but if I wanted to use Regidrago what kinds of sets would folk recommend? I know on the physical side it gets DD, Outrage and EQ and on the special side Earth Power and Meteor, is there a preference? Also unrelated what item and tera would one run on H. Electrode, should I just run Ice and treat it as a diet zero cal eleki?
Choice Scarf Set:
  • Dragon Energy
  • Dragon Claw / Outrage
  • Thunderbolt / Thunder / Flash Cannon
  • Flamethrower / Fire Blast

Colin

formerly BeardedDrakon
is a Tiering Contributor
LCPL Champion
what archetype/core would you recommend for a player new to the tier like me? I'm moderately experienced in mons in general, but I haven't played gen 9 OU and am a LC main instead.

I'm dumb and forgot to ask while the vr council was answering in the thread, why is Azu +B in the post Home meta? Zapdos and Volcanion are two additions to the tier which annoys it a lot and can't think in much mons that are super weaknto it.

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
I'm dumb and forgot to ask while the vr council was answering in the thread, why is Azu +B in the post Home meta? Zapdos and Volcanion are two additions to the tier which annoys it a lot and can't think in much mons that are super weaknto it.
BD Azu is really good glue on offense as it’s one of the few Fairy alternatives to Enamorus or Valiant. Aqua Jet is also nice. Obviously it’s limited to a degree, so it’s not higher, but it can function

This might be a silly question but is a complex ban on terastalization within the realm of possibility? It has definitely pushed a lot of pokemon over the edge for sure, however there are a lot of Pokemon who are perfectly healthy users of Tera like Dragonite, Roaring Moon, etc. Banning the main 2 offenders of the mechanic, Kingambit and Garganacl, could pave the way for some Pokemon like Dragapult and Baxcalibur to be unhealthy.

If Tera would be banned on some of the unhealthy abusers, it could make a healthier metagame and allow some pokemon originally banned on the merits of the mechanic to be legal in OU, creating a more interesting meta (not that it isn't interesting right now). I think it would also appeal to a lot of the player base, as from what I've seen they don't want Tera to be banned, but think the meta could be better with some sort of restriction.

I know smogon hates complex bans but maybe council can consider this option if they haven't already. Just wanted to know if the Tera complex ban is possible, thanks in advance and sorry if this isn't the right place to post this.

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
This might be a silly question but is a complex ban on terastalization within the realm of possibility?
No, Ubers tried this last generation with Dynamax and it was all-time bad. Even if the council wanted to, which I highly doubt, then we would not receive approval from up-top either. It is off the table.

We will ban the Pokemon that are broken with the mechanic, restrict the mechanic, or ban the mechanic if any action is deemed necessary.

How effective is nasty plot landorus in the current meta? With or without a physical move to allow it to mix it up to counter special walls better?

No, Ubers tried this last generation with Dynamax and it was all-time bad. Even if the council wanted to, which I highly doubt, then we would not receive approval from up-top either. It is off the table.

We will ban the Pokemon that are broken with the mechanic, restrict the mechanic, or ban the mechanic if any action is deemed necessary.
I feel less scared of the council and wayyyy more scared of whoever the fuck is above UT

Why do a lot of pokemon now run tera dark?
Any specific one you were thinking of?

Zamazenta uses it to power up Crunch and resist Shadow Ball, Iron Valiant to power up Knock Off, Sneasler to boost Night Slash, and Kingambit to power up Cleave and Sucker, with the former 3 also turning its Psychic weakness into an immunity which can be nice against Slowking-G for example.

If you see it defensively its most often than not to resist Shadow Ball / Hex / Cleave / a Psychic-type move. Blissey and Clodsire notably used it for a while to take on Gholdengo's Shadow Ball, and Stored Power / Psyshock from the likes of Hatterene, but they have since moved on to other Tera types. Nowadays I would say its mostly on Amoonguss, unless I am forgetting something else.

Overall its a fine Tera type cause those moves are everywhere, but not used to the same degree as Water or Fairy

Given that the bad politics of evasion clause is going into question in the main thread...

Unaware vs Sand Veil/Snow Cloak. Does it ignore it like Unaware vs Competitive? Or do Veil/Cloak bypass Unaware like Proto/Quark does?

2 questions:

Is there a particular set that warrants Sneaslers ranking in the viability set right now or is it his general diversity?

What exactly is the AV Hoopa-U EV spread supposed to accomplish?

• 248 HP
  • 96 Atk
  • 72 Def
  • 76 SpA
  • 16 Spe
It seems to be enough speed to outrun a max speed adamant kingambit. I assume the def avoids some ko and the 76 hit some ko or 2hko with psychic but what exactly? Id like to run enough speed to outspeed a defensive tusk and not sure where to take it out from

Aight don't @ me, I wanna give Obamasnow a shot, but I can't think of a good set. I want him to support Bax and Ursa with Aurora Viel, and to make.good use out of priority.

Would Veil be decent without Light Clay (HDB would take its slot fuc Spikes fuk Spike fuck Spikes)

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Aight don't @ me, I wanna give Obamasnow a shot, but I can't think of a good set. I want him to support Bax and Ursa with Aurora Viel, and to make.good use out of priority.

Would Veil be decent without Light Clay (HDB would take its slot fuc Spikes fuk Spike fuck Spikes)
I've seen it used against me with success, this is a set I would play around with:

:abomasnow:
Abomasnow @ Light Clay
Ability: Snow Warning
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aurora Veil
- Low Kick
- Seed Bomb
- Ice Shard

I think it is important to utilize Aurora Veil, because without it I wouldn't use this mon personally. Low Kick has a chance to OHKO Kingambit, and the EVs are made to outspeed max speed adamant Gambit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)