Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread

aah, I see.
(also slight question, is there a specific way to use the funny quick claw team or do I just go Grimm and morb all over them-)
It's tough to explain everything you have have to keep in mind when playing the team, but here's a few pointers:
1. Almost always lead grimm, except if you predict a counterlead (eg, a pokemon that leads really well against grimm in the opposing team, something like gholdengo, gambit, etc). In that case you can try to counterlead (for example if you predict gambit; with iron hands) and set your screens later to avoid giving momentum or getting your grimm chipped very hard from the start of the match.
2. Avoid going to a mon that gets blocked by any member of the opposing team. For example, slowbro-galar has a tough time against kingambit, even if it gets +2, or going to iron hands if they have a skeledirge. Going to a mon like this means that even after setting up you'll have to switch out which loses you precious screens turn. Obviously there are games where you won't have the choice, but you can try to predict and double switch on the pokemon you think will come in to counter you.
3. DON'T RELY ON GETTING PROCS. If your full health mon is standing against something that can OHKO it if you don't immediately get a qc proc, there's a very good chance you can make a better play by switching, even if a proc would save you. Of course, if the mon was already very low and couldn't come back in later anyways, you can go for it (unless it's a game where you need to conserve sacs).
4. Be careful when using tera. The team being very offensive does not have a solid defensive backbone, and just relies on the mons all being very tanky, especially under screens. A good example of how you can get fucked is teraing Enamorus into a water type early against a team with a landorus-t, because you make earthquake completely free against you by forfeiting your only ground immune mon when you have 3 ground weak teammates.

That's about it for the basics, good luck :)

I'm assuming I far away from it but I saw people in the OU forum talking about requirements for voting and I was wondering what they were?

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I'm assuming I far away from it but I saw people in the OU forum talking about requirements for voting and I was wondering what they were?
Whatever the next voting is, it usually follows these requirements in the OU ladder for games required and GXE needed:

GXEminimum games

Why is Covert Cloak considered to be a trash item? It's to the point where I'm trying not to use it. I understand that there may be better items in this more offensive metagame and other moms may have better things to do (please let me know if i just answered my own question), but on certain mons, mainly the slower setter uppers, iim pretty impressed. It blocks sooooo much that would stop a hard sweep, and I cannot think of a better item for CM Hatrerene.

Iron Head, Sludge Bomb/Flamethrower/T bolt etc,Fake Out, Nuzzle. So many moves turned into set up opportunities.

I have to ask beccause my score isn't all that high, meaning I may be facing low level bias (lower quality opponents means I can get away with things I really shouldn't).

Why is Covert Cloak considered to be a trash item? It's to the point where I'm trying not to use it. I understand that there may be better items in this more offensive metagame and other moms may have better things to do (please let me know if i just answered my own question), but on certain mons, mainly the slower setter uppers, iim pretty impressed. It blocks sooooo much that would stop a hard sweep, and I cannot think of a better item for CM Hatrerene.

Iron Head, Sludge Bomb/Flamethrower/T bolt etc,Fake Out, Nuzzle. So many moves turned into set up opportunities.

I have to ask beccause my score isn't all that high, meaning I may be facing low level bias (lower quality opponents means I can get away with things I really shouldn't).
Boots are super important rn and several mons depend on them to their jobs, especially the bulky ones that would be the best candidates to run it, avoiding random drops sound nice in theory sounds nice, but when you mon takes 25% when enters to the field is worse because the hazards are something you see more often and are simply more consistent in this meta with not much removal options. That with boots alone convert loses in comparation but there are other mons whose best sets depend on certain items (booster, choice items, an so on) so by running any other item like convert cloak you already have to run a suboptimal set which may result on you having to compensate that with other stuff in teambuilding.
Basically CC it is an item that is hard to justify over others, defensive Pokémon need boots or they can be overwhelmed easily on this meta, while offensive mons also might want to run boots or any other item that gives them more power/speed or has other effect that can help for potential sweeps (like Sneasler with ballon to trigger unburden).

Boots are super important rn and several mons depend on them to their jobs, especially the bulky ones that would be the best candidates to run it, avoiding random drops sound nice in theory sounds nice, but when you mon takes 25% when enters to the field is worse because the hazards are something you see more often and are simply more consistent in this meta with not much removal options. That with boots alone convert loses in comparation but there are other mons whose best sets depend on certain items (booster, choice items, an so on) so by running any other item like convert cloak you already have to run a suboptimal set which may result on you having to compensate that with other stuff in teambuilding.
Basically CC it is an item that is hard to justify over others, defensive Pokémon need boots or they can be overwhelmed easily on this meta, while offensive mons also might want to run boots or any other item that gives them more power/speed or has other effect that can help for potential sweeps (like Sneasler with ballon to trigger unburden).
i get it, it's not that it's a bad item, but we are in the Hazard Spam gen and Boots reign supreme? I can grasp that. I had a whole plan set up with different items, given up on since hazards were too much

Personally, I find Covert Cloak to be useful on specific Pokemon. Not every Pokemon needs Cloak, you realistically only run 1 Cloak per team at max. Gastro and Dengo are two of the best candidates, as it allows you to avoid hax, check random Gargs, and either confuse or tilt opponents who are banking on a secondary effect to activate, and it never does.
That being said, yes. There are always better options. It really comes down to "Am I afraid of being bulshitted by hax/afraid of Salt Cure?" If so, take a Cloak user. If not, then use something else.
My Cloak Gastro is so good to me.

That makes sense. CC was so good on Calm Mind Hatterene, it seems tailor made for her, but I can't seem to justify it on anything else.

Does Cloak block spikes from Ceaseless Edge?

How come Basculegion Male is B rank in the OU Viability Rankings but Floatzel is D tier? Both function as physical Rain sweepers, but Floatzel is significantly faster and only slightly less powerful. Notably, under Rain, Adamant Floatzel's 658 speed lets it outspeed Jolly/Timid Iron Valiant with Booster Energy (546), which Adamant Basculegion can't do at 510 speed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)