Rules Simple Questions, Simple Answers / Little Cup Information / Forum Rules

Is there any discord or group that plays LC on Switch or is it mostly just limited to showdown?
For wi-fi battles you can try joining the smogon wi-fi discord.
https://discordapp.com/invite/wBamhYd

There we have a channel #swsh-battle-requests where people can post looking for battles. LC on cart is pretty niche but it won't hurt if you leave a comment there imo
Here is my reply to a different person from a while ago. Hope this helps.

But I don't want to get your hopes up too high. From the top of my head I can only remember one time when the wi-fi people got excited for LC on cart. It was during the global link competition in 2015 but it didn't follow the smogon LC rules... It was 3v3 with pokemon that are banned here on smogon like Scyther, Swirlix, Sneasel, etc allowed

Source:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...cup-check-op-for-the-giveaway-thread.3537204/

Thank you. I have a question, ¿what's the optimal bronzor set? I use it w/berry juice, IVS 60HP, 228Def, 4sp.atck, 148sp.def and 12sp, bold.
Moves toxic, stealth rock, recycle and steel beam for a powerful move that activates my berry juice. I have a sticky hold trubbish as an sp.def tank and a timburr for knock off users, should I make my trubbish the phisical tank of the team and make my bronzor sp.tank, or any other recomendations?

Last edited:
I have a genuine question since I have not seen anything like this before. Oddish has two abilities: Chlorophyll and Run Away. If Chlorophyll were to be banned as a result of the suspect, his only remaining ability Run Away has the description "No competitive use." Why would oddish still be eligible in competitive tours? Oddish will have 0 abilities that can have any affect in any competitive game which renders the ability Run Away as meaningless. Will Oddish be kept only because Run Away can validate a team on pokemon showdown?

ghost

formerly goldenghost
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
LC Leader
I have a genuine question since I have not seen anything like this before. Oddish has two abilities: Chlorophyll and Run Away. If Chlorophyll were to be banned as a result of the suspect, his only remaining ability Run Away has the description "No competitive use." Why would oddish still be eligible in competitive tours? Oddish will have 0 abilities that can have any affect in any competitive game which renders the ability Run Away as meaningless. Will Oddish be kept only because Run Away can validate a team on pokemon showdown?
"No competitive use" just describes an ability that doesn't do anything in the game. It doesn't affect Oddish's eligibility.

Berks

has a Calm Mind
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Run Away affects Oddish’s run away chance in wild encounters in game but has no battle effects. It’s totally still good, but does have a slight chance to increase your chances of clicking x in any given match

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
I think you could submit them here?
I'm making the assumption you're talking about the question posed by AllTerrainVen0moth

Sample sets shouldn't go in this thread, if the sample set is for consideration on the on-site dex then it belongs in the LC Analysis subforum in this linked thread. If you're looking to just show off a set you've used to success then the metagame discussion thread (along with some experiences on how you've been using it) is probably the best place.

Don't know If this is a bug, but my team with Sinistea is being rejected because "Sinistea can't learn Shell Smash" but It clearly does. Hope this is the right spot to ask, thanks.

Screen Shot 2020-11-02 at 4.44.22 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-11-02 at 4.44.58 PM.png

DC

Kpop Main, No Brain
is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Don't know If this is a bug, but my team with Sinistea is being rejected because "Sinistea can't learn Shell Smash" but It clearly does. Hope this is the right spot to ask, thanks.

View attachment 287700View attachment 287701
Sinistea is a genderless Pokemon, so it cannot learn Shell Smash or other moves it gets from leveling up by breeding. You would basically have to opt for Nasty Plot over Shell Smash.

Berks

has a Calm Mind
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

View attachment 287700View attachment 287701
DC answered this, but just to make sure you get the finer details, Sinistea doesn't learn Shell Smash until level 10. Normally, with gendered Pokemon, you can get them those moves early by breeding two parents that know the move. However, like DC said, Sinistea is genderless. Because it's genderless, it can't breed except with Ditto, and that breeding restriction makes it impossible for Sinistea to learn Shell Smash until level 10.

Hope that helps out even more, stick around in LC!

in theory yes, but it really depends on the individual mon. for example sinistea is genderless and its viability tanks, but then you have stuff like magnemite who is a pretty big meta presence. its not rlly something i take much notice of

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: DC

DC

Kpop Main, No Brain
is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
In LC, are genderless Pokemon less viable than gendered pokemon because of this restriction?
In theory, yes. In application, no because the three biggest genderless pokemon in LC are Magnemite, Staryu, and Porygon that can utilize the Pomeg Berry glitch to access their level up moves. An example is Lv 5 Staryu with Hydro Pump (that is doesn't normally get until Lv 46).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)