SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

I wonder if DLC will add more things to do with materials.

It's a little funny how Version Exclusive materials just aren't used in TMs at all (my assumption was the recipe just differed between versions so ie one TM would ask for Deino in one version but Dreepy in another), so they're just vendor trash but it's trash that's not even worth more than normal (ie: Deino materials are worth the same as most of the other dragons at 100 LP)
DLC pokemon will presumably also have their own materials and I doubt they just make more TMs, so item crafting or w/e would make sense.

I wonder if DLC will add more things to do with materials.

It's a little funny how Version Exclusive materials just aren't used in TMs at all (my assumption was the recipe just differed between versions so ie one TM would ask for Deino in one version but Dreepy in another), so they're just vendor trash but it's trash that's not even worth more than normal (ie: Deino materials are worth the same as most of the other dragons at 100 LP)
DLC pokemon will presumably also have their own materials and I doubt they just make more TMs, so item crafting or w/e would make sense.
1670727557288.png

It's coming back, I can sense it :zonger:
(not that I'd mind eh, considering getting materials isn't exactly hard, compared to some of the stuff you needed in SwSh)

Meanwhile, I just hope they just go ahead and expand the TM list in DLC, using the materials of the new stuff. If we no longer have tutors even for the elemental Hyper Beams, just go with that.

It is a multiple of 3 so it ends up with an evenly panned out menu.

If we get 18 TMs ala the tutor in Armor, we remain at an even menu but end up at 189, which is a bit more awkward (as 171 makes sense as 170 moves plus Tera Blast).

I am somewhat confident in some new TMs with DLCs, if anything because some moves currently are implemented in the game but have 0 learners (mainly former IoA tutor )

And Scald lol.
Scald is actually the one thing I doubt will be "returning".
If their plan was to reintroduce it, they wouldn't have bothered with making Chilling Water (which serves similar purpose) a thing.

Differently from stuff like Knock Off or Toxic which didn't really see that much VGC usage, Scald (toghether with Muddy Water) was the de-facto move for most special water type not called Kyogre anyway, completely removing any thought of Hydro Pump / Surf.

competitive fans in shambles when Scald & Knock Off aren't TMs again

competitive fans in even more shambles when toxic is brought back but nothing about the distribution found in BDSP is changed
Hey, I'm pretty happy that Toxic and Knock Off aren't as widely distributed as they were before. Knock Off especially was annoying since it meant that you didn't have an item 90% of the time.

Only move I miss is Roost since I liked Scizor having recovery.
I am somewhat confident in some new TMs with DLCs, if anything because some moves currently are implemented in the game but have 0 learners (mainly former IoA tutor )
If the DLC introduces Pokemon back to the game, then there will need to be some use for the material that they generate. I think they'll add a lot of TMs per DLC expansion (like around 50 - 100) since 200 additional Pokemon is roughly half of the base game's roster, which would be good for around half as many TMs.

If the DLC introduces Pokemon back to the game, then there will need to be some use for the material that they generate. I think they'll add a lot of TMs per DLC expansion (like around 50 - 100) since 200 additional Pokemon is roughly half of the base game's roster, which would be good for around half as many TMs.
Agreeable but not 100% necessary. The Paradoxes don't drop materials when killed, so they could also just not have the wild Pokemon in dlc areas drop anything either.

I mean, Chilling Water is one of those Icy Wind-esque moves (although Icy Wind is the superior one out of all of those due to targeting speed AND hitting multiple opponents).

Paradoxes aren't supposed to be regular Pokemon tho, they have the legendary flag after all (even if they are even less special than the Ultra Beasts), while I suppose, say, Tentacool or Wailmer, will drop secretions or blubber.

Surf and Hydro Pump would enjoy having a flinch rate or something tbh.

I mean, Chilling Water is one of those Icy Wind-esque moves (although Icy Wind is the superior one out of all of those due to targeting speed AND hitting multiple opponents).

Paradoxes aren't supposed to be regular Pokemon tho, they have the legendary flag after all (even if they are even less special than the Ultra Beasts), while I suppose, say, Tentacool or Wailmer, will drop secretions or blubber.

Surf and Hydro Pump would enjoy having a flinch rate or something tbh.
Wait do they have the legendary flag because Serebii Joe has said like 3 times that there's ~nothing~ in the code to say they're legendary (even though we all know they clearly are treated like them) and it would be really funny if they actually did

That said yeah the paradoxes probably don't drop materials since they're meant to be unknown (the fact we can use them in post game battles being one of those "its not important enough to be canon" type deals) in the lore. "yeah i need 3 scream tail hairs to make Psychic" "that made up thing from the book???"
Not that it would matter anyway because as version exclusives even if they had materials you couldn't use them for anything!

Can someone let me know how Hisuian form works in this game?
I understand that Goomy may not be able to evolve into Hisuian Sliggoo, but how about Ursaring?
How about Hisuian Growlithe? If somehow a Hisuian Growlithe is hacked into the game, can I use a fire stone to evolve it?

Can someone let me know how Hisuian form works in this game?
I understand that Goomy may not be able to evolve into Hisuian Sliggoo, but how about Ursaring?
How about Hisuian Growlithe? If somehow a Hisuian Growlithe is hacked into the game, can I use a fire stone to evolve it?
Ursaring, Stantler, Scyther cannot evolve into Ursaluna, Wyrdeer or Kleavor; they have a shared 'unknown' method that appears to exist as a place holder so some people think we'll get to evolve them properly when Home compatibility drops (or DLC).
Pokemon that had a normal starting point (Goomy, Rufflet, etc) cannot evolve into their Hisuian stages (Sliggoo, Braviary, etc).
Hisui Pokemon could, if you hacked them into the game, evolve into their next stages just fine. So for your example yes a Growlithe-H can evolve into Arcanine-H with a Fire Stone if hacked in. Those methods are all coded in...except for Qwilfish-H into Overqwil. For whatever reason that one is in the same bin as the U/W/K trio.

Meanwhile, I just hope they just go ahead and expand the TM list in DLC, using the materials of the new stuff. If we no longer have tutors even for the elemental Hyper Beams, just go with that.
Not sure why I was so set on the DLC just adding tutors, when it would fit so well to introduce more TMs and TM materials for returning pokémon.

39 new TMs would bring the total to 210, which is a multiple of three that's also rather even.

I feel like I've seen some of those animations elsewhere, which makes me think they are meant to be played in different environments and also that they probably shouldn't be playing in the Team Star Raids specifically lmao
By the looks of it, each mon has 3 animations during the Team Star Training sessions: one is a generic attack animation, while the other two seem to happen during these sessions only (which, as you rightfully said, makes little sense; why would they model custom animations for every single mon and only use them in a single scenario?).
For example, Gallade's are: skyward battlecry (special attack animation #1), side glance to both sides (TST exclusive), right shoulder stretch (also TST exclusive)
Meanwhile every other animation that plays during Let's Go / Picnics are: skyward battlecry (again), small bow (interact), kneel and sleep, angry negation (from pokeamie, triggered when commanded to autobattle a shiny or when in the water), shake (when you are washing him). I have not seen any of the TST animations in these situations
I wonder if they are meant to play in some other unknown situation and / or the fact that they don't is an oversight (very possible considering the current state of SV :tyke:)

why would they model custom animations for every single mon and only use them in a single scenario?).
You say that, yet there's actual sleeping animation for every pokemon due to pic nic and they don't play in battle when they're asleep...

(They did fix the eyes not closing bit, at least)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)