SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

I understand the desire, but honestly with how much certain berries are necessary (expecially the EV reducing ones), I'd rather just them either let you buy, have repeatable sources (the trees in SwSh were *almost* ok...) or just a simple farm like in SM where you could get a bunch per day.
It’s relatively fast to gather berries (and other ground pickups like stones) by having a fast Pokémon like ceruledge follow you while you bike around the area they’re found in. I have hundreds of those berries from exploring during the main story and letting my Pokémon pick up whatever they find. It’s not exactly mindless since you’d have to avoid actual Pokémon but it’s not like grinding money is the fastest thing either w how many goodies there already are you’d wanna spend it on

I don't know if this is the right location to ask, I didn't see a generic question forum. Are you unable to join a raid that has an exclusive for the opposite game? I have Scarlet, and get an error whenever I try to join a raid that has a Dragapult, Tyranitar, or Salamence.

I don't know if this is the right location to ask, I didn't see a generic question forum. Are you unable to join a raid that has an exclusive for the opposite game? I have Scarlet, and get an error whenever I try to join a raid that has a Dragapult, Tyranitar, or Salamence.
This is the thread for simple questions.

You're likely just getting beaten to the punch by other people joining the raid. Only 3 people other than host can join, and those are popular mons.

Golden Duke

Banned deucer.
Just wanted to say for the first time ever, I managed to refrain from data mines concerning the new games. All I know is official news and a few things my sister told me. I tried to play the game blind and I quickly lost interest because I’m a stats man. Anyway I’m posting this and then I’m gonna let my brains explode XD (I apologise if I posted this in the wrong place)

With the reveal that Revival Blessing loops can cause up to 100 increases on Last Respects, how is Smogon going to deal with that with the Endless Battle Clause? Letting people do the loop indefinitely is obviously a problem (currently only in NatDex), but in formats where Last Respects is allowed, it ought to be a viable strategy for pumping Houndstone to the level of guaranteed OHKOing everything.

With the reveal that Revival Blessing loops can cause up to 100 increases on Last Respects, how is Smogon going to deal with that with the Endless Battle Clause? Letting people do the loop indefinitely is obviously a problem (currently only in NatDex), but in formats where Last Respects is allowed, it ought to be a viable strategy for pumping Houndstone to the level of guaranteed OHKOing everything.
Genuinely do not think a loop like this would get off the ground at all.

And houndstone's issue that got it banned to begin with was Last Respect didn't take long to get going, after a certain point you're just gilding a banned lily.

Besides, this isn't a infinite loop.
The infinite loop clause was based on building a game state where you could lock your opponent from doing anything other than forfeiting (via block + heal pulse + leppa berry combo or similar).
In this case, it's no different from impling that "swapping constantly between regenerator pokemon creates a infinite loop". The opponent is still free to do what they want, which for one could be... actually kill the revival pokemon user for one, or even more easily... press the Taunt button.

Do the Paradox pokemon have abnormally high shiny rates? Because so far I've randomly run into and caught a shiny Flutter Mane and Great Tusk. I don't have the shiny charm or anything. And this is like the 4 shiny mons I've ever caught and I've been playing since Gen 1 so I'm either really really lucky or they are much more commonly shiny.

Do the Paradox pokemon have abnormally high shiny rates? Because so far I've randomly run into and caught a shiny Flutter Mane and Great Tusk. I don't have the shiny charm or anything. And this is like the 4 shiny mons I've ever caught and I've been playing since Gen 1 so I'm either really really lucky or they are much more commonly shiny.
You're just lucky, and helped out by overworld spawns both spawning in batches + showing they are shiny

Reactions: CPU

Golden Duke

Banned deucer.
I don’t really know what to say. I hate nerfs coz I’m a power whore who doesn’t play competitively. I perfectly get why Zacian got nerfed and obviously Zamazenta has to mirror her. They could have at least given him Body Press. Yh Cresselia’s mixed bulk is daft and 120/110/120 is still extremely strong. Really sad about protean getting nerfed that was like my favourite ability but I get it. Really cool about the cutting ability. I started to look at all the base stats/abilities of all the new guys but I quickly got an information overload followed by a headache. Need to take a different approach.

I don’t really know what to say. I hate nerfs coz I’m a power whore who doesn’t play competitively. I perfectly get why Zacian got nerfed and obviously Zamazenta has to mirror her. They could have at least given him Body Press. Yh Cresselia’s mixed bulk is daft and 120/110/120 is still extremely strong. Really sad about protean getting nerfed that was like my favourite ability but I get it. Really cool about the cutting ability. I started to look at all the base stats/abilities of all the new guys but I quickly got an information overload followed by a headache. Need to take a different approach.
They did give Zamazenta Body Press

Sir, judging by your last few posts, I think I have a good suggestion for you.

Have you considered just playing the game and not trying to optimize the fun out of it like half of smogon does

Cresselia's stat nerf is bizarre since it's supposed to be a counterpart to Darkrai which still has its 600 BST. Was it overwhelming in VGC formats or something?

Cresselia's stat nerf is bizarre since it's supposed to be a counterpart to Darkrai which still has its 600 BST. Was it overwhelming in VGC formats or something?
It's certainly useful there as a bulky platform for utility moves like Trick Room/Icy Wind/Skill Swap/screens/Helping Hand. I'm not really sure if it is truly overwhelming, or honestly if VGC cares about having overwhelming options.

It's certainly useful there as a bulky platform for utility moves like Trick Room/Icy Wind/Skill Swap/screens/Helping Hand. I'm not really sure if it is truly overwhelming, or honestly if VGC cares about having overwhelming options.
Neither. While it has had usage as TR setter in past formats, it's most likely a preemptive nerf since it got a new Signature move from Legend Arceus (which is basically Jungle Healing v2), which on Cresselia is very powerful due to actually being usable in VGC + on a pokemon that doesn't suck.

(Once Cresselia will be available, I wouldn't be surprised to actually see used with a generic Trick Room / Ice Beam or Icy Winds / Lunar whatever / Protect or Helping Hand)

One day Landorus will get an actual nerf
Tecnically it already did, the nerfs to Intimidate (indirect as they may have been) were enough to push it out of usage for almost the entire generation, barely managing to keep top 15 usage due to doubles environment just being bad for a middle speed ground/flying with no reliable flying stab and competing with a much better intimidator in Incineroar.
In fact the usage was so low that it got buffed this gen, receiving Nasty Plot (matching its genies cousins who also got it last gen).

What? That didn't happen on smogon? Oh sorry I meant real formats, not unsupported ones :)

Does anyone know if the Reins of Unity and Hoopa's bottle are obtainable in the game? I know the Legend Plate is gone

Tecnically it already did, the nerfs to Intimidate (indirect as they may have been) were enough to push it out of usage for almost the entire generation, barely managing to keep top 15 usage due to doubles environment just being bad for a middle speed ground/flying with no reliable flying stab and competing with a much better intimidator in Incineroar.
In fact the usage was so low that it got buffed this gen, receiving Nasty Plot (matching its genies cousins who also got it last gen).

What? That didn't happen on smogon? Oh sorry I meant real formats, not unsupported ones :)
I was talking about VGC too, so maybe we can put aside the "real format ; )" dig

Anyway I don't think the Intimidate "nerfs" were really like........impactful? Like, Incineroar proves that handily. Every VGC-format match I saw just used Intimidate with reckless abandon. The pokemon with those abilities just dont' seem to be plentiful.

Also some of the usage stats I'm seeing has it as a top 3 or 4 for a lot of months and never below the top 20. I think still managing top 15~20 usage by the end despite Incineroar is still, like, you know. Pretty damn good actually. Actually even better considering how the meta had shifted in general from new arrivals

It's always just been fascinating to me that this thing has been a staple for so long and I've seen (VGC) compettiive players complain about it for generations and the best they got was an indirect nerf to an ability that didn't strictly move the needle.

Does anyone know if the Reins of Unity and Hoopa's bottle are obtainable in the game? I know the Legend Plate is gone
When you have the Pokemon, the 4th auction shows up for it.

I was talking about VGC too, so maybe we can put aside the "real format ; )" dig
Also some of the usage stats I'm seeing has it as a top 3 or 4 for a lot of months and never below the top 20. I think still managing top 15~20 usage by the end despite Incineroar is still, like, you know. Pretty damn good actually. Actually even better considering how the meta had shifted in general from new arrivals
If we're talking of VGC then you know as much as me that Lando-T had usage but not really that much, due to basically demanding Dynamax to do anything + being basically useless once Rillaboom or any grassy terrain setter was in.

Sure it was around, if anything cause it also helped checking Zacian, but realistically speaking speaking, it had nowhere near the omnipresence of the past.
Lando-I on other hand has had 0 usage (not exactly surprising, I don't think it ever had any, even now with HA allowed), which is why it got buffed.

I doubt it'll get any nerf this generation either. The simple fact that Iron Bundle is near guaranteed to see play, on top of still not having a reliable flying stab + not having a ground stab that doesn't hit its own partner (no, Earth Power doesn't count) will turn it in another case of "either commit the gimmick or don't use" which is not something you want.
That said, at least for now, it's the best source of Intimidate present (I don't quite count Gyarados or Arcanine as good in that regard, while they do provide Intimidate, they require much more support to be usable), so it's very likely to see play once allowed either ways. However, with Clear Amulet and Covert Cloak being a thing, thus bolstering more intimidate-immune pokemon & less way to flinch your way to victory, I wouldn't be surprised for its usage to also drop again once DLCs come and a bigger part of the dex is around.

Honestly I don't get the hatred for Landorus nowadays.
I can understand OU players being tired of seeing it everywhere, after all, even in BSS it still had ton of usage due to not having the problem of EQ being spread or having to fear the very common Icy Wind, but I don't recall VGC players having any complaint about it. Mostly cause they're too busy complaining of Incineroar who took its place.

If we're talking of VGC then you know as much as me that Lando-T had usage but not really that much, due to basically demanding Dynamax to do anything + being basically useless once Rillaboom or any grassy terrain setter was in.

Sure it was around, if anything cause it also helped checking Zacian, but realistically speaking speaking, it had nowhere near the omnipresence of the past.
I don't really go here but isn't this basically admitting that Landorus' waning in VGC had nothing to do with the intimidate nerfs?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)