SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

I don't really go here but isn't this basically admitting that Landorus' waning in VGC had nothing to do with the intimidate nerfs?
The intimidate nerfs "per se" didn't singlehandedly ruin intimidators. They are just one of the many things that have.

What the intimidate indirect nerfs did was make a lot of Pokemon that were basically unusable cause of intimidate come back.
Most notably, the Urshifus would have struggled a lot more without their pseudo-immunity to intimidate, and pre-restricteds, Pokemon like Mamoswine, Entei, the various Defiants, were all but inviting Incineroar and Lando to come in and get nuked.
In fact, before restricteds, unsurprisingly Rapid Strike Urshifu had a lot of usage over its dark brother, as it could just ruin any Lando-T or Incineroar coming in and disregard the intimidate.

....the point I want to make is that they don't exactly have to nerf Lando, because the environment around it keeps getting harsher and harsher. Despite everything, power-creep exists for legendaries too, and Landorus is not a exception. Gen 8 has introduced a ton of outside-scenarios that make it worse and gen 9 looks to have introduced even more.

Does anyone know if the Reins of Unity and Hoopa's bottle are obtainable in the game? I know the Legend Plate is gone
A bit late on this one, but I was under the impression that legendary-related items are sold by the 4th auctioneer if you have the related legendary in your party or box (kinda like it'll sell the Rotom form changing item if you have Rotom)

I had that happen a number of times with Charizard but assumed it was a bug relating to the event raids (a lot of people were opening and canceling their public lobbies for whatever reason). Good to know it applies to every raid

Is this useful to anything besides early-game?
I got a list of moves that would be useful with the bump to 60 Tera boost. Everything else either had no secondary effect (Water Gun, Tackle), had a way to boost over 60BP (Payback, Roll Out), or secondary effect was just unviable besides maybe Serene Grace (Poison Sting, False Swipe).

15BP: Bind, Wrap
20BP: Mud-Slap, Nuzzle, Infestation
30BP: Mortal Spin
35BP: Fire Spin, Whirlpool, Sand Tomb
40BP: Rock Smash, Acid Spray, Salt Cure
50BP: Struggle (Maybe), Snore, Rapid Spin, Poison Fang, Poison Tail, Charge Beam, Smack Down, Flame Charge, Clear Smog, Struggle Bug, Fell Stinger, Draining Kiss, Pounce, Trailblaze, Chilling Water
55BP: Icy Wind, Mud Shot, Electroweb, Snarl

It'll be interesting if anyone makes use of any of these. I can see some people trying to use 90/120BP Fell Stinger (after STAB), though right now the best user in the code will be Swift Swim Overqwill.

Also something mentioned in the other thread is that Charge is calculated before the bump to 60 (Nuzzle did 60BP damage with or without it).

translations! https://imgur.com/7lllLb0
hopefully they agree with whatever yall already have in mind
I know some folks still wanted to follow the internal ordering so bringing this back because the TCG has shown us a few National Dex numbers and it aligns with these. The starters we all figured, followed by Lechonk at 915, Pawmi at 921 and Smoliv at 928

Cyclizar, Koraidon & Miraidon have cards too but EX cards dont show numbering.

Huh - I think the personal data actually DOES store the National Pokedex numbers. There is a field that I've been calling "Model ID" that doesn't actually match the asset files names, so it cannot be the Model ID. It matches the National Pokedex numbers for all species from generations 1 to 8, and sorting the values for all species from generation 9 shows that it follows a similar ordering to the SWSH National Pokedex numbers, where it groups all cross-region evolutions together (Annihilape -> Clodsire -> Farigiraf -> Dudunsparce -> Kingambit). Additionally, the two placeholder Pikachu entries have their values set after Koraidon and Miraidon, as 1009 and 1010.
And likely those natdex numbers from the models are where Khu got his numbering from the first place

I know some folks still wanted to follow the internal ordering so bringing this back because the TCG has shown us a few National Dex numbers and it aligns with these. The starters we all figured, followed by Lechonk at 915, Pawmi at 921 and Smoliv at 928

Cyclizar, Koraidon & Miraidon have cards too but EX cards dont show numbering.

And likely those natdex numbers from the models are where Khu got his numbering from the first place
Any cards for the cross-generation evolutions? That would outright confirm the numbers I found in the personal data.

Any cards for the cross-generation evolutions? That would outright confirm the numbers I found in the personal data.
there's probably some in the set but they've only just started revealing cards; the set doesn't come out until next month. So we'll probably be waiting a bit.

Nah they haven't yet. But these numbers are from the Chinese leaks
Yes, I know what the numbers are - I've seen them in the game data. What I'm after are the cards that confirm that the numbers are actually for the national dex.

EDIT: Anyway, with Serebii being updated for the numbers, I'm just going to go ahead and make the paste I created public. https://pastebin.com/i1rhfBjT

Last edited:
Do you think we will ever get new Mythicals or only New Legendaries via DLC?
We already kinda know that we're getting a 3rd restricted legendary + 2 more paradox pokemon.
The 2 paradox pokemon are already implied in the data of SV (even without considering the sketches in the scarlet/violet books), due to the presence of the two definitely-not-suspicious pikachu placeholders between the other paradoxes.

If there's anything else new coming however we have 0 informations.

Since SwSh DLCs pretty much shown GF is not against introducing new regional forms (as well potentially new "divergent evolutions" now) as well as completely new pokemon, anything is possible.

Do you think we will ever get new Mythicals or only New Legendaries via DLC?
I'm not sure how I'd go about confirming that, and so it would just be my personal opinion. So... yes, probably? A Mythical has been introduced in every generation, and I don't see why they wouldn't continue doing so.

I'm not sure how I'd go about confirming that, and so it would just be my personal opinion. So... yes, probably? A Mythical has been introduced in every generation, and I don't see why they wouldn't continue doing so.
We had Zarude in SwSh but it the 1st since ages we didn't get less than 3. Also people were expecting a Mythical in Legends but we got none. and more and more Mythicals become available normally in the game (Deoxys in ORAS, Keldeo in SwSh and Arceus in Legends).

We had Zarude in SwSh but it the 1st since ages we didn't get less than 3. Also people were expecting a Mythical in Legends but we got none. and more and more Mythicals become available normally in the game (Deoxys in ORAS, Keldeo in SwSh and Arceus in Legends).
Game production didn't grind to a halt during covid years 1-2, but movie production sure did. I'd hazard a guess that we would have gotten more mythicals if more movies had come out. Otherwise what's the use of making them mythical and not just putting them in the game.

We'll have to wait and see if we get any movies without mythicals or mythicals without movies in gen9.

Hey, a thought just occurred to me... There's no fishing rods in Scarlet/Violet right? Does the Lure Ball have a new effect now, or is it just a fancy Poke Ball?

Hey, a thought just occurred to me... There's no fishing rods in Scarlet/Violet right? Does the Lure Ball have a new effect now, or is it just a fancy Poke Ball?
The description is now the same as the Dive Ball, which is "more effective when catching Pokemon in or on the water"

Unknown if the catch rate differs, though. They keep changing it (3x in gen 2/4, x5 in Gen 7, x4 in Gen 8...)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 13)