OU CCAT - Mark IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, since we can't decide on Steel or Ice, why not both?

Terrakion @ Choice Band
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- X-Scissor
- Sacred Sword (Or Rock Slide if anyone really wants to argue the filler)

CB Terrakion is the premier wall-breaker in OU. But you probably know that already. Besides that, Terrakion gives us the powerhouse we need to take down Steel and Ice types without an issue. The only thing we have to fear is Mamoswine- but it's horribly slow, and I'm more then confident a decent player could realize all they have to do is switch into the Ice moves aimed at Dragonite. Terrakion also can deal huge amounts of damage to phazers pretty reliably, with even Physically Defensive Hippodown struggling to do anything other than click Slack Off. Terrakion and Dragonite also have generally good synergy, wuth Terrakion resisting Rock and Ice and Dragonite being immune to Ground and resisting Fighting.

Terrakion cannot switch into anything Mamoswine uses except Stone Edge or Stealth Rock, since Rock does not resist Ice.

Nom. is Closed!

Ia m choosing Choice Band Terrakion, it helps against common 'mons that check Dragonite and also Toxic Spikes Forretress.

Dice's Forretress
Geroge Eliot's Jirachi

we are allowed to disagree with the specifics of the sets later right? or are they set in stone (I am not a fan of t-spikes Forretress)

Electrolyte

Wouldn't Wanna Know
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Life Orb Starmie
Jirachi

I've actually been using LO Starmie + Dnite recently and they work a pretty nice pair. If Joey hadn't nommed it, I would have. The two have good synergy.

Votation is Closed! Wow, less people voting now...

The winner is Dice's Toxic Spikes Forretress!

You may nominate once again...

The OP will be updated shortly.

Conkeldurr @ Life Orb
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- ThunderPunch
- Mach Punch

Props for this set go to Halcyon of Light I believe. While this guy may share little defensive synergy with Dragonite, it can wear down Nite's counters very effectively, as well as force many switches just like Nite, which will make hazards a must have for this team. He also fits the playstyle of Bulky Offense well, which although we decided not to choose one, I feel would work best for Nite (With Balance as a close second). It hits Ferrothorn, Heatran, and Scizor hard with Drain Punch and the Life Orb boost and recovery make it a very spammable move. It can hit Bulky Waters and Skarmory hard with Thunderpunch, and Ice Punch nails Landorus-T, Gliscor, and opposing Dragons. Mach Punch gives the team a form of priority, and allows him to finish off faster threats. The only common steel he struggles against is Jirachi, but it will be dented by a Drain Punch and Forretress is just set-up fodder for Nite, or can be beaten by Drain Punch spam. Another plus is that many teams choose to deal with Conkeldurr with scarfers that outspeed it, like Keldeo, so if they choose to Hydro Pump then Nite gets an easy Sub/DD off (I know this isn't always the case but it seems to happen a lot). It also can just rip apart many of the tier's popular stall cores.
Re-nominating this because we still need a way to rip through Skarmory and Hippowdon so they can't phase out Dragonite. He also enjoys Forre's hazards and possibly a slow Volt Switch to bring him in safely.

This is my nomination to beat out both Skarmory and Hippowdon:

Rotom-W@Expert Belt
EVs: 136 HP/120 Spe/252 SpA
Ability: Levitate
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Signal Beam
- Pain Split

This set is able to deal with both Skarmory and Hippowdon as well as add synergy to the team. Volt Switch outright OHKOes Skarmory with momentum, while Hydro Pump OHKOes even the Mixed Wall Hippowdon set with the SpA investment and Expert Belt,
Pain Split is a good way to recover late-game and to deal with threats. Signal Beam helps hit Celebi HARD. Thanks to Homeslice and Subject 18 for their valuable contributions to the set.

Sorry for double posting, but:
BUMP!!!
I need feedback on the set so that I can finalize and I don't want to see the thread die out

Signal Beam, HP Ice isn't that useful on Rotom-W because you're already hitting Ground/Flying types hard with Hydro Pump and it's a great lure to Celebi. Signal Beam can 2HKO the Specially Defensive version and most players will assume you're switching out so they can spam T-Wave/Leech Seed/Whatever. HP Ice would help deal with Dragons, but Rotom-W is bulky enough to take a hit and Volt Switch out, doing a good chunk and letting something else take care of it, something it wouldn't be able to do against Celebi for as much damage.
Just a nit-pick, but I always prefer Rotom-W with EBelt or Leftovers and WoW over Pain Split. But I guess that's also up to other people. If anything, EBelt helps in all the ways LO does (hitting what we want for SE damage) but without recoil, so I feel it's a better pick.

I agree with Homeslice here. Expert Belt would probably be the better item choice here. The extra Life Orb power is nice but it's wears down Rotom-W a bit to much for my liking and Pain Split isn't the most reliable form of recovery doesn't help with that either.

With Expert Belt we can run 136 HP / 252 SpAtk / 120 Spe Modest. Maxmize attacking power, outspeed Specially defensive Celebi and adding some bulk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)