OU CCAT - Mark IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys. This thread is really starting to fall apart, so consider this a reasonable bump. I would like to see this thread get some activity, so please nominate (and make sure it doesn't die out like Mark III). Thanks!

Well, this thread is really dying...I'll try to bring back some life here.

With Dragonite, we obviously need a way to switch into and dispose of steels. I'm not very fond of Magnezone, so I'd like to suggest a fire type, Heatran. Heatran can easily switch into most steels for Dragonite and threaten them, while benefiting from Forretress's spinning due to lack of recovery. Furthermore, the type synergy with Dragonite is terrific, resisting all of each others weaknesses except for Dragonite's rock weakness. Of those resisted weaknesses, two jump into the eye: D-Nite Being immune to Tran's 4x ground weakness and Tran 4x resisting D-Nite's 4x Ice weakness.

I just feel an offensive Heatran would fit nicely for an attacking core with Dragonite, but I don't really know what set I should post. It could be offensive with Leftovers, Life Orb (hard to make a good bulky offense with that) or Choice Specs (which benefits even more from spin support). Without further ado, here is the Smogon Analysis's Specs Heatran set:

Heatran @Choice Specs
252SpA/4SpD/252Spe
Modest nature
~ Fire Blast
~ Earth Power
~ Dragon Pulse
~ Hidden Power Grass

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This thread is dying so ima lock it in 48 hours. If someone else wants to take over (Vertex has given up) please send a profile message to Pocket and we might let this continue on. Otherwise yea, ill lock it.

Shurtugal

The Enterpriser.
is a Tiering Contributor
I really think if someone is going to take this over that this entire project just be reset and redone since no one is invested in the earlier discussion.

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
Just scrolled through. This team is not salvageable not for the reasons Shurtugal mentioned.

PDC

street spirit fade out
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
I would take this over, but I'm not really sure if this co-op things really work that well. I could try I suppose? I'm not even sure of the current team considering of the confusion.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Doughboy asked me awhile ago if he can take this thread over, and I gave him the green light. Wait for the new thread to go up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)