Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SketchUp

Don't let your memes be dreams
What are the best users of toxic spikes in OU? Piecing together a 'gravity stall' team, trying to whack these in there.
Tentacruel and Scolipede. Forretress may work too but it is not that effective in the meta at the moment. Never tried Toxic Spikes Greninja, only Spikes Greninja, but you may try that one out too

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Would a set of Roost/Draco Meteor/Psyshock/Healing Wish on Latias be outclassed by another mon?
Nope. Latias is great as an offensive support pokemon, particularly for healing wish which is an incredible move to bring back weakened sweepers, as that can drastically change the outcome of a game. I dont really see another Pokemon doing the same things that Latias does.
Edit: Yeah, jirachi is the only other viable healing wish user in the tier.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure I have an idea already, but I want to make sure: What's the difference (and how much of a one) between Bulky Offense teams and Balance teams? A lot of the Pokemon I tend to think of as working best in one tend to do well in the other.

Actually what I'd really REALLY appreciate is something along the lines of two made-up-on-the-spot teams with close to similar Pokemon on them, and then show how they differ in function/set.

I'm pretty sure I have an idea already, but I want to make sure: What's the difference (and how much of a one) between Bulky Offense teams and Balance teams? A lot of the Pokemon I tend to think of as working best in one tend to do well in the other.

Actually what I'd really REALLY appreciate is something along the lines of two made-up-on-the-spot teams with close to similar Pokemon on them, and then show how they differ in function/set.
Balance features a mix of attackers and walls, while Bulky Offense uses attacking mons with good bulk and synergy. It's the team equivalent of choosing between Gliscor and Landorus-T, if that makes sense.

This is so it's defence can't be lowered. It will rarely happen be useful, but it's better safe then dead.
But it's kind of a moot point if you're going to Mega Evolve it right away, since there are no abilities that could lower its Defense on the turn you send it out.

Hey guys. I've been debating whether to run Psycho Cut or Zen Headbutt on Mega Gallade. The 10 extra BP and 20% chance to flinch on Zen Headbutt is great but I feel like you really get screwed over at times by that 90% accuracy. Are there any crucial KOs you miss out on if you run Psycho over Zen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)