Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Long time lurker, new poster. I've been struggling to find two more Pokemon to add to my team that would work well with my Bisharp/Gallade core. I've been thinking about adding some sort of rapid spinner/defogger and/or a hazard setter, but I'm not entirely sure who to decide on. So far, this is what I've come up with:

Gallade @ Galladite
Ability: Justified
EV's: 4 HP/ 252 atk / 252 spe
Nature: Adamant
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Zen Headbutt

Bisharp @ Life orb
Ability: Defiant
EV's: 4 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spe
Nature: Adamant
- Knock Off
- Iron head
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EV's: 252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 Spd
Nature: Bold
- Will-o-Wisp
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EV's: 252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 Spd
Nature: Calm
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Hyper Voice
- Calm Mind

I am open to any suggestions to changes to my core as well.
You lack a defogger/spinner on your team and hazards (dunno if you want them). I suggest taking a Life Orb Latios set with Defog since it'll provide a strong special attacker, an Earthquake absorber (besides your Rotom-W), and a Defogger all in one. You'll also need Hidden Power Fire to hit mons that are 4x weak to it. Mega Swampert wrecks your team if Rotom-W can't burn him. I'd suggest taking a Grass type to cover that spot. Focus Sash Breloom is an option.

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power Fire
- Defog

Breloom @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Rock Tomb

I was out for a long time, only getting back into battling just now after OR/AS. Just lurking now I saw some of the new stuff (Altaria and Gallade megas really look smashing) What's the general feel of the metagame, for the lack of a better term, and what are some things I should look out for?

I was out for a long time, only getting back into battling just now after OR/AS. Just lurking now I saw some of the new stuff (Altaria and Gallade megas really look smashing) What's the general feel of the metagame, for the lack of a better term, and what are some things I should look out for?
Greninja is wrecking things now with a huge move pool and mixed sets.
Fairy is less good as a result.
110 is the new speed tier to look out for.
Talonflame still ruins your day.

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
In double battles, if I use a spread move, like Earthquake, and my teammate has Levitate, one of my opponents uses Protect, and I only hit one foe, will it still be reduced by 25%?
Yes, you still get the reduction. You only don't have the reduction if the move targets only one pokemon - in your case you'd only get full damage on EQ if the only pokemon on the field were your mon and one opponent.

which is a better spread for lvl 50?
lanturn modest specs

220 HP / 252 Sp Atk / 4 SpDef / 28 Speed (outspeeds neutral base 70)
or 116 HP / 252 Sp Atk / 108 SpDef / 28 Speed

May use it in a 3v3 mono tourney if that maters.
Since lanturn already has a high HP stat, you might get more out of it putting EVs into its defenses instead.

I remember there was a thread were mons were classified by their roles (e.g. wallbreakers, special sweepers etc), but I can't find it anymore. Could someone link me to the OU version please?

Thanks!

Hey guys, if I want a wallbreaker Mega-Gardevoir should I go for Modest or Timid? What mons do I need Timid for?
Timid is mainly to Speed tie base 100s like both Char forms before any boosts. Modest is defiantly the better nature, since Gard is mainly just a special nuke that doesn't need to outspeed things.

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Best possible set when using T-Wave Mega Slowbro / Slowbro?
Regular Slowbro is generally better using support moves like Twave, while Mega Slowbro is best off as a calm mind user.
As for regular slowbro, I'd go with Max HP Max Def w/ a Bold nature, nothing fancy, and a moveset of Twave / Scald / Slack Off / and a filler slot between grass knot, foul play, psyshock, and fire blast.
Grass Knot hits Mega Gyarados, Foul Play destroys mega charizard X, Psyshock hits Mega Venusaur, Keldeo and Conkeldurr, and Fire Blast hits Ferrothorn & Mega Scizor.

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
what is a bulky pokemon that can take care of greninja? :]
Porygon2 is the best answer to ninja overall. If it lacks dark pulse, then SpDef Jirachi handles it. If it lacks Low Kick, Emploeon is a great switch in, Alomomola can take ninjas hits, but tends to be setup fodder. Tentacruel counters all non-extrasensory variants.

Empress

used Ice Beam!
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm looking forward to the first ORAS Suspect test. When do you guys predict it will happen, and what Pokemon do you believe we'll test?

Aberforth

is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Ubers Leader
Are there any mons currently in Ubers that would be considered by whoever makes the decisions to move them back down to OU, like Aegi or Mawile?

Are there any mons currently in Ubers that would be considered by whoever makes the decisions to move them back down to OU, like Aegi or Mawile?
I don't think so. Mega Maw and Aegislash still posses the same qualities that got them banned and ORAS didn't come with enough changes to reconsider dropping them and none of the other ubers that come to mind are potentially un-ban worthy, even lesser ubers like Reshiram and Kyurem-W would be monstrous in OU.

what is a bulky pokemon that can take care of greninja? :]
I've actually been using AV Raikou with a little HP investment (taken from spa), and it doesn't fair too badly against ninja, presuming it switches in on anything but gunk shot. Not as good as the other mons mentioned, but it's something you could keep in mind.

Aegislash could maybe get a retest since the voting was very close and was subject to bias since many antiban people changed their vote to proban once they already submitted.

With regards to Bisharp. The moves I have on him are

Suckerpunch
Knock Off
Iron Head
Swords Dance

Would pursuit be a good option instead of swords dance?

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man

Suckerpunch
Knock Off
Iron Head
Swords Dance

If your team is weak to latios / latias, then yes pursuit is a good option over SD. Pursuit bisharp pairs exceptionally well with partners that dislike the lati twins, namely keldeo and charizard y.

edit: get ninja'd recreant

Suckerpunch
Knock Off
Iron Head
Swords Dance

Pursuit might work to trap the Lati twins, and Aerial Ace / Psycho Cut are great lure moves against common switch-ins like Keldeo and Chesnaught.

EDIT: Why bolts why

Thanks for the info. The lati twins are a pain to deal with but I have another check on my team to deal with it. Going to go with Psycho Cut for more coverage.

TheEnder

a petal in the wind
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Thanks for the info. The lati twins are a pain to deal with but I have another check on my team to deal with it. Going to go with Psycho Cut for more coverage.
Psycho Cut is generally a subpar option on Bisharp, as it only hits Mega Venusaur and Chsnaught harder than any other move would, but that is basically all. I'd stick with Swords Dance, as it makes bisharp a much more potent wallbreaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)