Project NU Teambuilding Competition [Voting Stage]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cabeça de Dinossauro

Started with AV Grumpig to be the special defensive sponge of the team he covers Fire and Ice at the same while still acting checking poison for Scep. Piloswine and Garbodor forms the hazarstack core Pilo also acts as a ice resist, priority user while Garbs checks Fightings and Megadino. Now the offensive core formed by LO Pyroar, Subs SD Scept and Scarf Rotom, the three covers each other checks making that one of they can execute the sweep. Trick on Rotom is mainly for stuff like Mush but you can use W-O-W for bluff a Colbur set.

Cabeça de Dinossauro (Grumpig) (F) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 160 SpA / 96 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Focus Blast
- Psychic
- Signal Beam
- Power Gem

Captain Marvel (Rotom) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Trick/Will-O-Wisp

Ancient Fangs (Piloswine) @ Eviolite
EVs: 232 HP / 252 Atk / 24 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Forest Dragon (Sceptile) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Acrobatics
- Substitute

Tanget (Pyroar) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Unnerve
Shiny: Yes
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Hyper Voice
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Will-O-Wisp/Taunt

Kankuro (Garbodor) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Toxic Spikes

Last edited:

Rapture

I got so much time today
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Brick Small. wins this week with his grumpig submission, congrats. We're gonna switch things up for this round..

If you couldn't tell by now, the concept for this week is normal spam. An offensive style of play by nature, normal spam is probably the most effective of the type spams in nu since a lot of normal types have ways around typical normal resists, paving the way for another normal type to wreak havoc on a weakened team. Each team submitted this week should have at least 2 normal types. normal types other than the ones I posted above are allowed of course. Have fun building!

Silver Aurum

Hello there
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Alright so this time I actually put a little bit of thought into this build and it turned out pretty fun. I started off with the core of Kangaskhan and offensive Audino since Audino does a great job of luring in Kangaskhan's checks and counters. Originally the Audino was Psychic > Surf but we'll come back to that later. From there I threw on the core of Ferroseed and Xatu. Ferroseed was added primarily for rocks and role compression since "insert type spam" cores inherently stack weaknesses. From there I threw on Colbur Berry Xatu since I was clearly weak to fighting types and I wanted some soft form of hazard control. At this point I got a little stuck until I came upon the idea of throwing on Pyroar for speed control and an immediate offensive threat. At this point I noticed that I was less weak to Garbodor and Weezing than I was to Rhydon and Piloswine so I changed Audino to Surf and made Pyroar wisp to bait in rock types and Hariyama. Then came the glue of the team. Hariyama provides a much needed Ice, Fire, and all around special tank to this team. Man whenever I get started typing these I just can't stop...

Silver back at it again with a single fighting resist, but luckily with Sawk and Gurdurr leaving Xatu becomes somewhat more reliable as a sole fighting check. The team is somewhat weak to AV HP Fire Lanturn but I can generally provide enough pressure on it through Kangaskhan and Hariyama. Charizard, Scyther, and Rotom are definitely the biggest threats to this team but Hariyama baits in the first two with Stone Edge and Pyroar is a solid check to Rotom.

http://imgur.com/ptppvCS Team was really fun to use in practice (the one loss was to a server crash naturally) I wasn't really in the mood to play anymore so I stopped at 14 games, so I highly encourage you to test it out on your own.

Kangaskhan @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Fake Out
- Sucker Punch

Audino @ Audinite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 56 HP / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
Modest Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Fire Blast
- Surf
- Calm Mind

Pyroar @ Flame Plate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Hyper Voice
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Will-O-Wisp

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 148 Def / 112 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Xatu @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Heat Wave
- Signal Beam
- Roost

Hariyama @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 Atk / 200 SpD / 56 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge
- Bullet Punch

Last edited:

Shadestep

volition immanent

Pyroar @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Hyper Voice
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Overheat

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Bullet Seed / Protect
- Gyro Ball

Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 Spe
Impish Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Toxic Spikes
- Spikes

Lanturn @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 40 HP / 156 Def / 204 SpD / 108 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Volt Switch
- Heal Bell

Xatu @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 248 HP / 180 Def / 80 Spe
Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- Psychic
- Roost
- U-turn

Kangaskhan @ Silk Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Double-Edge
- Sucker Punch
- Earthquake

here's a cool team I built today. I was thinking of putting in a bit of Kangaspikes when you brought up the idea, which is what i went with. I started with Specs Pyroar as an incredible wallbreaker, blowing right past things that can normally live 1 hit from the Flame Plate set, and blow it away with specs Overheat. a defensive core of Ferroseed + Garbodor + Lanturn works really well as it is able to kinda check Magmortar, something that's reaaaally good right now. last off, a pivot Xatu with RH works well as it chips away at Hariyama, something that's annoying for both Pyroar and Kanga too, kinda..

Last edited:

ryo yamada2001

ryo yamada2001
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
(team) late nights thinkin of you

hi guys im new here on the NU forum
my name is Meloettaaa (you can call me melo) and i play competitive pokemon
which makes sense
considering we're on a competitive pokemon forum

bird YEEZY (Swellow) (M) @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Boomburst
- Heat Wave
- U-turn
- Sleep Talk

spandau ballet (Steelix) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 244 HP / 136 Atk / 128 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Toxic

p!nk (Musharna) (F) @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Moonlight
- Signal Beam

elise (Audino-Mega) (F) @ Audinite
EVs: 172 HP / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Dazzling Gleam
- Fire Blast
- Surf

dipdye (Hariyama) (M) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Bullet Punch
- Fake Out

nashor (Rotom) @ Spell Tag
Timid Nature
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Shadow Ball

this team is built around our favourite bird friend: swellow. it does rly well i guess just get it into a position where it can sweep i guess

followed up by our favourite broken friend: steelix. it does well as a stealth rock setter and it keeps obnoxious fairy-types such as mega-audino at bay as long as they dont have flamethrower. its a really cool pokemon and you get bonus points if you understand the reference of his nickname which shouldn't be too tough

followed by musharna. this slot used to be roselia but people suggested using colbur berry musharna because i was fighting-types weak which makes sense considering my only fighting switch in was rotom really. good pokemon, i guess you could use calm mind baton pass musharna if you wanna pass some CM boosts to swellow but ill just play it safe

audino fren is a good fren
its a strong mega and i opted out for a more offensive style because my team was looking pretty unimpressive offensively. mega-audino isn't amazing offensively
but its cool

hariyama is a strong fighting-type and even after the departure of sawk and gurrdurr this is a relevant fighting-type pokemon that i like. assault vest + thick fat allows it to get some nice free switches to do damage the next turn. cool pokemon!!!

i really needed a fast pokemon in order to do stuff like revenge kill and stuff and rotom does really well in that role. good pokemon maad city

Cased

Banned deucer.

top kek (Kecleon) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Protean
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 96 SpA
Lonely Nature
- Knock Off
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Sneak
- Stealth Rock

dino dino dino dino (Audino) @ Audinite
EVs: 240 HP / 172 SpA / 96 Spe
Modest Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Fire Blast
- Grass Knot
- Healing Wish

quavo hansborough (Swellow) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Guts
Timid Nature
- Boomburst
- Heat Wave
- U-turn
- Sleep Talk

quavoskhan (Kangaskhan) @ Silk Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch
- Fake Out

takeoff toxic orb (Zangoose) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Toxic Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Facade
- Knock Off
- Quick Attack
- Close Combat

that's fkin bull (Tauros) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Iron Tail
- Rock Climb
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

this team is the best fucking normal skwad in the world, as the creator of the most elite normal spam squad in BW2 it's only right i came back in ORAS with a team that uses Normal-type attacks to the highest degree possible. Scarf Sawk doesn't fuck my shit up anymore because that shit is banned and beating Gurdurr is eaiser since i dont gotta do that no more. scarf rampardos is a bitch though, same thing with scarf rotom. Run Pursuit on Tauros over iron tail if you wanna deal w/ that. There's nothin really to decipher about this team, jus wear down the steels and rocks until your opponent is wide open for some normal destruction. it would've won in SPL but unfortunately heat waves arent able to make contact with small little steel seeds.

true spam

upload_2016-3-11_22-17-49.png
upload_2016-3-11_22-21-9.png
upload_2016-3-11_22-21-33.png
upload_2016-3-11_22-22-0.png
upload_2016-3-11_22-22-16.png
upload_2016-3-11_22-22-31.png

I decided to man up and make a Double Bull team that people in the past have said is crap or is too dificult to pull off but Bouffalant got better with Sceptile around (unless it leaves R.IP) due to Sap Sipper. I decided to run Scarfed Tauros which is the better set in this meta with the speed creep from Sceptile dropping. I decided to go SHeer Force to bluff the LO set and get surprise kills on speedy stuff like Swellow and Scep who think they outspeed since they saw me reveal Rock Climb and no Intimidate. Bouffalant helps break down fat stuff for Tauros to clean later such as Mega Dino with SD and can weak bulky Normal resists with a + 2 EQ. I ran enough speed for things like Malamar and RP Rhydon who are big threats and why I decided to run Megahorn. CHople is for Focus Miss Sceptiles even though they havent been running that as much but can also act as a lure for Fighting types who threaten this team however Lum is also a choice for setup chances. I decided to go SPike Stack and a very offensive team that is meant to be played aggressively due to my lack of switchins for certain things. I picked Omastar for my bulk spike stacker since he got Rocks/SPikes and can also lure Rhydon and a bunch of threats with Shuca berry. Omastar also appreciates Sap sipper Bouff making alot of mons think twice before clicking a Grass move. Missy pairs well with Omastar since it can Taunt defoggers and block spins and can also slow down threats, especially fire types since Im running dual status since Omastar isnt the best fire resist and slowing down Pyroar/Zard is very helpful. Also serves as my Fighting resist with COlbur. Sceptile is my Water Resist and gives me more speed. Also lures Ferroseed with Focus blast to help out my Bulls. SKuntank gives me another response to Mega Dino and annoying Psychics as well as a mon to trap ghosts for the Bulls and weaken Steels with Fire Blast and the priority is always nice on an offensive team. Not the most eprfect team but was pretty fun to mess around with and use an underrated mon in Bouffalant. Also coolness factor from Double Bulls.

Ole (Tauros) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Rock Climb
- Earthquake
- Zen Headbutt
- Fire Blast

Omastar @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Shell Armor
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 48 SpA / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes

Mismagius @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Thunder Wave

Afro Smash (Bouffalant) (M) @ Chople Berry/Lum berry
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 44 HP / 252 Atk / 212 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Megahorn

Sceptile @ Life Orb
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Rock Slide
- Focus Blast

Skuntank @ Lum Berry
EVs: 232 Atk / 128 SpA / 148 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Poison Jab
- Pursuit
- Fire Blast

Rapture

I got so much time today
Team 1 - Silver Aurum

Team 2 - Shadestep

Team 3 - Meloettaaa

Team 4 - Cased Victory

Team 5 - Oda

I have this up on time for once! Everyone can now vote for their favorite team this week. My vote goes to team 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)