Project NU Teambuilding Competition [Voting Stage]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rapture

I got so much time today
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
If I counted right we have a tie between team 3 and team 6 so congrats to Oda and WarumFelix for taking this round!
Here is the mon for next round:

Very spooky and very underrated, Haunter has quite the variety in the moves and items that it can run for an offensive set so there is a lot of room for creativity. A lot of great submissions last round so hoping some of that enthusiasm carries over for Haunter as well, with that being said everyone has until Friday night to send a team. Good luck!

Rapture

I got so much time today
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Sp00ky teams

Team 1

Haunter @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Will-O-Wisp
- Reflect Type

Mesprit @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Signal Beam
- Psyshock

Lanturn @ Assault Vest
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 80 Def / 252 SpA / 60 SpD / 116 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Scyther @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Aerial Ace
- Knock Off
- Bug Bite/Tailwind

Piloswine @ Eviolite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake

Skuntank @ Life Orb
Ability: Aftermath
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Defog

I decided to go with a LO wallbreaker haunter that hits really hard and decided to use Volt-Turn to get him in safely cause he is frail as hell. I went with Will-O to cripple switchins like Yama and Reflect Type to avoid Pursuit trapping from Skunk. I decided to pair him with CM 3 atks Mespirit which isnt seen too often so I dont think people will except it and HP ground helps to lure and heavily damage Skuntank which can trap Haunter as well as beat Lix 1 v 1 to help Scyther clean up. I would have went with the classic Rotom +Scyther Volt-turn core but I already had 2 Dark weak mons so I went with AV offensive Lanturn to act as my Fire/Water check and Scarf scyther for some speed. You can go either Bug Bite/Tailwind as the last move to help Haunter potential clean up but Bug bite is good for late game. Lanturn has Hp fire for Ferro which is a problem for the team. The def evs are to take Eqs a bit better from Mag and to live a +2 Megahorn from a SD Samurott as well as speed for mons creeping jolly Don. I have water absorb since most Rotoms/Lanturns wont click Volt vs you and it helps Lanturn from being widdled from Scald burns but you can go Volt Absorb if you feel you need a second Electric immunity. Next I have Piloswine as my rocker. I would have went Lix but I havent used Pilo in a while and I needed a Freeze dry resist and Ice Shard is amazing in this meta with Sceptile/Swellow everywhere. Also acts as a volt switch immunity. Finally skunk was added for Defog support, another way to deal with rotom and because Rhydon could set up on standard SKunk and Fire blast was another way to deal with Lix/Ferro which annoyed the team. Hope you enjoy!

Team 2

Haunter @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Shadow Ball
- Destiny Bond
- Protect

Pinsir @ Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- X-Scissor
- Earthquake

Weezing @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Flamethrower
- Toxic Spikes
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp

Klinklang @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 232 HP / 252 Atk / 24 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shift Gear
- Gear Grind
- Wild Charge
- Return

Hariyama @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Fake Out
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off

Abomasnow @ Life Orb
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 160 HP / 252 SpA / 96 Spe
Mild Nature
- Giga Drain
- Blizzard
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake

I started off with Hanter se with double stab, D-Bond and Protect. Protect to scout for Pursuit on Skuntank/Liepard, avoid 50-50s with Sawk and get some chip damage off with my T-Spikes. (It really works pretty well and with T-Spikes you obviously don't want Will-o). Because Haunter forces a lot of switches I wanted to secure my rocks being up and Pinsir gets this job done even with Xatu on the opposing team. Next I was looking for a Sawk + Steelix check that can set up hazards so my choice went on a T-Spiking variant of Weezing with Flamethrower to weaken Lix for Haunter and to prevent Sub Klinklang to setup freely. Now I wanted a good late-game/setup sweeper and went to Klinklang even though it's biggest counter Steelix being on like every team. I decided to run Wild Charge over Sub to OHKO Mantines and Pelippers running around since Aboma dropped and enough Speed EVs to outspeed Scarf Sawk after a Shift Gear. Next I noticed the team was missing 2 things: Priority Attacks and a Fire resistance/AV Magmortar Counter so I added AV Hariyama. At last I wanted a mon that can change the weather style and since I would be too weak to Water if I added Aurorus I decided to put in Abomasnow.

Team 3

Haunter @ Black Sludge
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Disable
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave

Rhydon @ Eviolite
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Kecleon @ Assault Vest
Ability: Protean
EVs: 176 HP / 252 Atk / 80 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Power-Up Punch
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch
- Shadow Sneak

Mesprit @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 196 Def / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
- Psychic
- Signal Beam
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn

Sceptile @ Life Orb
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Earthquake

Hariyama @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 Atk / 240 SpD / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Fake Out

i really like sub disable haunter it can force a lot of switches and therefore getting behind a sub is really easy i figured that my perfect partener would be rhydon since i can get rid of common grass types and annoying psych/ghost type levitators.av kek was fitfull for the team as i needed a good ghost check to help haunter and overall a sp def tank also the priority comes a lot into play and is really useful
as my stealth rocker i decided to go with mesprit cuz i was getting really fighting weak and couldnt afford to put in something lke steelix or piloswine. It also adds a secondary fighting resistance.
I went with sceptile cuz its great movepool allows it to break down most teams and leaves the path for rhydon to sweep. As a last addition i decided i needed a secondary sp def tank so i threw in hariyama to take fire and ice type attacks for the team.

Team 4

Haunter @ Black Sludge
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Substitute
- Disable

Combusken @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
Timid Nature
- Protect
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Vileplume @ Black Sludge
Ability: Effect Spore
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Synthesis

Malamar @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 HP / 240 SpD / 16 Spe
Careful Nature
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Rhydon @ Eviolite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 240 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake
- Megahorn

Sawk (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

I built with Sub Disable Haunter because it's radical. Disable takes advantage of Haunter's unique typing and 2 useful immunities by crippling Pokemon with only one way of hitting Haunter. Steelix, Malamar, Gurdurr, Choice-locked anything, Skuntank, and Combusken are a couple of names off the top of my head that get shut down by Haunter. From there I picked an effective cleaner, Combusken, to take advantage of the fact Haunter will be whittling down the opponent's team with its sub strats. I like Grass-types as partners for Combusken because they deal with Aqua Jet users and Lanturn, so I picked Vileplume who also serves as a Klinklang check, rare though it may be. Despite having no Baton Pass on Combusken, I went with Malamar as a backup win condition because I felt my team appreciated the special bulk and Malamar is pretty anti-meta. Malamar isn't a Fire resist and a Scyther check was looking nice, so I opted for Rhydon. Finally, I opted for Choice Scarf Mold Breaker Sawk to keep Weezing out and cover my speed game. Plus, it's a very useful secondary cleaner if busken looks bad in some matchups.

Thank you to Disjunction Oda BelmontGabriel and Tato Chingamadre for giving me teams. Voting will now begin and will last until monday. Good luck to everyone that participated!

Last edited:
Team 4: I'd change HP Electric to baton pass because you already have a Malamar which uses Mantine as setup fodder, and Malamar with boosts is scary. Regardless of this I'm still voting team 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)