November 7* Raid Event: Fire-type Typhlosion-H

So the relative ease of this one makes me really fearing the upcoming Dark Samurott-H

Sharpness boosting its moves will be real rough going. Ceaseless Edge won't have the crit to worry about (though I imagine Samurott-H like Samurott still has Focus Energy (and Swords Dance!) in its raid kit) but setting up those Spikes will make deaths even more punishing than usual and it's getting the super tera boost for matching type, not to mention the excessive power its giving to Aqua Cutter (or Razor Shell, if they go that route) and any other slashing moves it might opt for.
I'm not too bothered by the spikes because let's be honest, if you're soloing and you die good chance it's already game over, and in team, usually 1 death is the most you can afford anyway.

However I do not think they will go for Focus Energy this time.
When possible they've tried to build around the mon's identity (es, H-Typhlosion is clearly built around the idea of burning then abusing said burns).
H-Decidueye being built around crits made sense as high crit moves are basically its thing.
They didn't exactly have a whole lot to go with regular Samurott... but H-Samurott has a theme. I'm assuming it'll be an all out bruteforce with sword dance and razor shell, + sacred sword as coverage.

I wouldn't be too worried about Hamurott at this point in time. There are a reasonable amount of ways to deal with it that will become evident once we know its full strategy.

However, I am worried about the fact that Hamurott will inevitably invite kids to bring their Koraidon and Iron Hands, just to faint to the coverage Ice Beam or defense drops from Razor Shell.

As i said, bRING azumarill
Personally I would say that Poliwrath is a much better choice. Unlike Azumarill, you have recovery with Drain Punch, immunity to Razor Shell's devastating Defense drops, enough speed to outspeed Hamurott with minimal investment and also various support options like Haze to remove turn 0 Swords Dance or Taunt to prevent any further set-up.

As expected, Hisuian Typhlosion once again falls for the infinite loop of spamming Will-O-Wisp against Dachsbun's Well-Baked Body. Dachsbun has a very simple path to victory by spamming Body Press with the defense buffs it gets, and you can opt to hold Metronome or slot in Tail Whip to make it even faster. A note is that putting up Misty Terrain or Safeguard online will dissuade Typhlosion from even trying Will-O-Wisp in the first place, and if you get burnt after the cleanse than Typhlosion will also go for actual attacks so you should heal cheer.

Something I've noted the past few raids is that the 2nd move on double action turns seems to be chosen purely randomly and not by the normal AI after noticing Decidueye's Leaf Blade on revealed Sap Sipper, so Dachsbun can occasionally take a random hit (that might be Flamethrower), but the double action doesn't seem fully guaranteed either.

McGrrr

Facetious
is a Contributor Alumnus
I didn't want to train up something new, so I got a first time solo with Specs Walking Wake (after failing with Miraidon). That said, I fainted twice and got lucky later on with a missed Focus Blast.

If you're lazy like me and are considering this, here are some notes:
  • Arboliva's Grassy Terrain helps to mitigate burn damage
  • Use a defensive cheer turn 1 to wait for Sunny Day
  • Wake is quite likely to faint after turn 4 and just before Typhlosion steals a turn of Tera charge
  • That's ideal for a turn 5 Tera Water at full health

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Just posting here to give everyone an exact set and build for the Dachsbun that has been mentioned several times in this thread. I've used this Dachsbun about 10 times now in online raids and it works great. Dachsbun isn't foolproof like some people are leading others to believe, and I personally prefer using the Goodra I posted earlier for overall winning consistency. But Dachsbun is very effective and reliable in this raid. Here's the build I am using:

:sv/dachsbun:
Dachsbun @ Metronome
Tera Type: Fighting
Ability: Well-Baked Body
Impish Nature
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
- Body Press (pp maxed)
- Snarl
- Tail Whip
- Howl

The gimmick with Dachsbun is that the raid AI doesn't know about Well-Baked Body. So it keeps spamming Will-o-Wisp over and over at Dachsbun, which keeps boosting Dachsbun's Defense 2 stages every time. Dachsbun just spams Body Press repeatedly and builds Metronome boosts on top of its massive attacking stat (which is Defense for Body Press) and beats down Typhlosion into little Fire/Ghost embers and clears the raid. That's the basic playbook, and you can probably get away with a moveset of literally only one move (Body Press) if you want.

HOWEVER -- unlike some things you will see on the web right now about Dachsbun on this raid, it does NOT get away unscathed every battle. In fact, I have taken damage in literally every battle I have played with Dachsbun, and it isn't because I am running Metronome over Ability Shield and therefore losing my all-important Well-Baked Body for one turn every battle. It's because the raid AI sometimes throws out random moves, and does so every time when Typhlosion starts doing double moves. Sometimes those random moves are Flamethrower, which is great for Dachsbun, because it eats it up just like it does with WoW. But when it's Infernal Parade, it hurts. And on top of that, Infernal Parade can burn Dachsbun and make the next Infernal Parade do double damage. Soooo, anyone thinking they are gonna play Dachsbun and just button mash Body Press while watching TV or whatever -- you are sometimes gonna get surprised to see your little biscuit dog fainted and screwed for the rest of the raid.

But have no fear, with just a little bit of attention and forethought, you really can cruise through this raid quite easily AND you can be a great teammate as well!

While I am building Tera, I lead off with Snarls instead of Body Press. This knocks down Typhlosion's SpAtk which helps your team, and helps you if some random Infernal Parade hits you later on. And when it does hit, if it burns you or crits and does a big chunk -- you can just Heal Cheer and go back to spamming Body Press. And cheers don't reset the Metronome counter (I don't think) so you can just keep pounding harder and harder even if you catch a bad beat.

I have Tail Whip and Howl on my moveset mostly as filler, and I think I have used them one time each. Both were when I was on a team with a bunch of physical attackers and wanted to help them out a bit. But usually I'm doing the team a pretty big favor just by Snarling down Typhlosions SpAtk, so I'm not usually motivated to do much more in the form of support.

But yeah, Dachsbun is good for this raid and AI abuse is always fun when you can get it!

Last edited:
Just posting here to give everyone an exact set and build for the Dachsbun that has been mentioned several times in this thread. I've used this Dachsbun about 10 times now in online raids and it works great. Dachsbun isn't foolproof like some people are leading others to believe, and I personally prefer using the Goodra I posted earlier for overall winning consistency. But Dachsbun is very effective and reliable in this raid. Here's the build I am using:

:sv/dachsbun:
Dachsbun @ Metronome
Tera Type: Fighting
Ability: Well-Baked Body
Impish Nature
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
- Body Press (pp maxed)
- Snarl
- Tail Whip
- Howl

The gimmick with Dachsbun is that the raid AI doesn't know about Well-Baked Body. So it keeps spamming Will-o-Wisp over and over at Dachsbun, which keeps boosting Dachsbun's Defense 2 stages every time. Dachsbun just spams Body Press repeatedly and builds Metronome boosts on top of its massive attacking stat (which is Defense for Body Press) and beats down Typhlosion into little Fire/Ghost embers and clears the raid. That's the basic playbook, and you can probably get away with a moveset of literally only one move (Body Press) if you want.

HOWEVER -- unlike some things you will see on the web right now about Dachsbun on this raid, it does NOT get away unscathed every battle. In fact, I have taken damage in literally every battle I have played with Dachsbun, and it isn't because I am running Metronome over Ability Shield and therefore losing my all-important Well-Baked Body for one turn every battle. It's because the raid AI sometimes throws out random moves, and does so every time when Typhlosion starts doing double moves. Sometimes those random moves are Flamethrower, which is great for Dachsbun, because it eats it up just like it does with WoW. But when it's Infernal Parade, it hurts. And on top of that, Infernal Parade can burn Dachsbun and make the next Infernal Parade do double damage. Soooo, anyone thinking they are gonna play Dachsbun and just button mash Body Press while watching TV or whatever -- you are sometimes gonna get surprised to see your little biscuit dog fainted and screwed for the rest of the raid.

But have no fear, with just a little bit of attention and forethought, you really can cruise through this raid quite easily AND you can be a great teammate as well!

While I am building Tera, I lead off with Snarls instead of Body Press. This knocks down Typhlosion's SpAtk which helps your team, and helps you if some random Infernal Parade hits you later on. And when it does hit, if it burns you or crits and does a big chunk -- you can just Heal Cheer and go back to spamming Body Press. And cheers don't reset the Metronome counter (I don't think) so you can just keep pounding harder and harder even if you catch a bad beat.

I have Tail Whip and Howl on my moveset mostly as filler, and I think I have used them one time each. Both were when I was on a team with a bunch of physical attackers and wanted to help them out a bit. But usually I'm doing the team a pretty big favor just by Snarling down Typhlosions SpAtk, so I'm not usually motivated to do much more in the form of support.

But yeah, Dachsbun is good for this raid and AI abuse is always fun when you can get it!
Would Covert Cloak be worth it just to avoid the chance of a random IP burn?

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Would Covert Cloak be worth it just to avoid the chance of a random IP burn?
Dachsbun has lots of room for changes and tweaks, and I don’t think any particular item is objectively better than another. Ability Shield and Metronome are the most common items right now, but I could see an argument for Covert Cloak and even Leftovers or Lum Berry, for that matter. I personally prefer Metronome because the damage output starts getting pretty huge after several Body Presses in a row. And Heal Cheer takes care of anything that gets through. On top of that, there’s often teammates doing Heal Cheers for themselves and you can keep on Body Pressing in that case.

I’ve only seriously gotten in trouble one time with Dachsbun, and it was on a really unlucky double move turn where Typhlosion used Infernal Parade on BOTH moves of the double. The first one critted for a ton of damage AND burned Dachsbun, and then the second one did a big chunk (2x damage remember), even with the boss at -2 SpAtk iirc. I was down in the red in one turn from full! But I heal cheered and got back a decent amount, and then a couple turns later a teammate cheered and brought me back to the green. But that was multiple bad beats in one turn to cause that much of a problem, and was still manageable with simple cheers.

Dachsbun has lots of room for changes and tweaks, and I don’t think any particular item is objectively better than another. Ability Shield and Metronome are the most common items right now, but I could see an argument for Covert Cloak and even Leftovers or Lum Berry, for that matter. I personally prefer Metronome because the damage output starts getting pretty huge after several Body Presses in a row. And Heal Cheer takes care of anything that gets through. On top of that, there’s often teammates doing Heal Cheers for themselves and you can keep on Body Pressing in that case.

I’ve only seriously gotten in trouble one time with Dachsbun, and it was on a really unlucky double move turn where Typhlosion used Infernal Parade on BOTH moves of the double. The first one critted for a ton of damage AND burned Dachsbun, and then the second one did a big chunk (2x damage remember), even with the boss at -2 SpAtk iirc. I was down in the red in one turn from full! But I heal cheered and got back a decent amount, and then a couple turns later a teammate cheered and brought me back to the green. But that was multiple bad beats in one turn to cause that much of a problem, and was still manageable with simple cheers.
Yeah, I ran SpD + Covert on a few solo runs and had no issue, but I could see where Def + Metronome could be more helpful, particularly in group raids where timer is more of an issue. I think I had a group where someone had a set closer to yours and the difference in damage output between our buns was noticable

Something I'm trying with my own Dachsbun is Relaxed nature as opposed to Impish. By purposely being slower than Typhlosion, I get +2 Defense, or sometimes +4 if I'm the one hit by t0 Wisp, before I attack, letting me do more damage initially. Not saying it's better than Impish by a large margin, but it's a neat tech imo.

:salazzle:
Salazzle (F) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Corrosion
Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Fire Lash
- Acid Spray
- Mud-Slap

This has been a fun support. With the rise of Dachsbun, and special Water-types still being somewhat common, I wanted a support that can help both, so SpDef AV Salazzle was born. It's the only Pokemon in the game that can lower both defense stats on shield with moves that do so 100% of the time, with Mud-Slap's accuracy-debuff as a bonus. Also resists Fire and Fighting moves while being immune to Burn, and Infernal Parade is permanently 60 BP. I like to Defense cheer immediately, letting me survive hits even easier than before while boosting Body Press's damage output.

0+ SpA Typhlosion-Hisui Infernal Parade (60 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Salazzle through Def Cheer: 37-45 (10.8 - 13.2%) -- possible 8HKO
0+ SpA Tera Fire Typhlosion-Hisui Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Salazzle in Sun through Def Cheer: 56-66 (16.4 - 19.4%) -- possible 6HKO

I only got to catching Typhlosion today. Caught it in a Dream Ball, that's probably the most purple pokeball besides the Master Ball... I was a bit torn between Goodra and Dachsbun, because they are both cute pokemon that I already have and barely use, ended up going with the bread dog, because I didn't want to erase Goodra's Iron Defence. The set I went with is pretty much the one posted above, but I ran Rain Dance and Protect as filler. Thanks for the set! I chose rain because I'm not convinced about Tail Whip being useful, and I thought to run Rain Dance to maybe help Azumarill, or something. And Protect I actually saw a random Dachsbun use, to skip the no ability turn. Can't say it's all that useful, I had one battle where boss erased the abilities, I selected Protect accordingly, and the next turn I eat a Flamethrower. I don't think I understand how the no ability status works, because in a different battle, right after the wipe I used two Body Presses in a row, and still got Flamethrowered next turn.
I must say, I'm surprised by how much more than advertised does Typhlosion uses Infernal Parade. It must be like a snowball of boss using it randomly and getting a burn (so no need for WoW anymore+ability revealed), then boss selecting the move before your cheer removes status and getting the burn again, and then again, until you get to low health where Typhlosion just prioritizes actually finishing you off, while your cheers heal minimum, and allies don't mind you dying.
Highlights include the innovative Belly Drum+Surf Azumarill, a few Kyogre just spamming random water moves, many Walking Wake with only one among them using Snarl to help, me winning due to being allowed to select moves twice on an empty timer, and me losing with three bread pups thanks to hax. A different battle with three Dachsbun and a Belly Drum Azumarill, where me and another dog worked together with cheers, rain, and Snarl to save the aforementioned t1 health-halving Azumarill so hard, that it actually genuinely contributed. Is... this what teamwork actually is?

I also find it surprising there seems to be no Dachsbun variant of "this is fine" meme with, like, an ability pop-up.

I don't think I understand how the no ability status works, because in a different battle, right after the wipe I used two Body Presses in a row, and still got Flamethrowered next turn.
I believe No Ability is technically treated as a field effect that lasts until 4 players take their turn so any deaths or slow moves can prolong it, according to one of the Mewtwo raid solo videos I watched.

I wonder how this would do for support.

:SV/Walking Wake:
Shell Bell
Tera Fire (Just so you won't have to worry about burn)
252 HP / 252 SpD / 6 SpA
Calm Nature

Hydro Steam
Snarl
Body Slam
Rain Dance

It may actually be worth keeping the sun out for a few turns purely for the Protosynthesis boost. Also, once Typhlosion gets to -3 SpA Shell Bell from Hydro Steam will be able to recover almost all damage he does to you.

I wonder how this would do for support.

:SV/Walking Wake:
Shell Bell
Tera Fire (Just so you won't have to worry about burn)
252 HP / 252 SpD / 6 SpA
Calm Nature

Hydro Steam
Snarl
Body Slam
Rain Dance

It may actually be worth keeping the sun out for a few turns purely for the Protosynthesis boost. Also, once Typhlosion gets to -3 SpA Shell Bell from Hydro Steam will be able to recover almost all damage he does to you.
Something you could try over Body Slam is Leer. With how common Dachsbun is rn, lowering the boss's Defense helps speed up the raid considerably.

Edit: something I'd also recommend to any support players that pair up with Dachsuns; Defense cheer turn 1, then do so again every 3 turns if you can afford to. They'll appreciate the buff to Body Press.

Last edited:
Something you could try over Body Slam is Leer. With how common Dachsbun is rn, lowering the boss's Defense helps speed up the raid considerably.

Edit: something I'd also recommend to any support players that pair up with Dachsuns; Defense cheer turn 1, then do so again every 3 turns if you can afford to. They'll appreciate the buff to Body Press.
I'm pretty sure Defense cheer doesn't actually boost Body Press, only the Pokémon's actual Defense stat and Defense stat stages get used, other things that boost Defense (Fur Coat, Eviolite, Snow, Protosyntesis Defense, etc.) don't affect it. So I'm pretty sure the Defense cheer doesn't either unless it is directly manipulating the actual Defense stat ala Power Trick.

Well, seems like Baxcalibur is actually somewhat Dachsbun 2.0 for this raid, which is actually funny considering unlike Dachsbun Bax is weak to one of his moves, Focus Blast. It really does seem like Typhlosion prioritizes burning you over anything else. It's especially idiotic since, status condition or not, Focus Blast deals more damage than Infernal Parade pre Tera.

0+ SpA Typhlosion-Hisui Infernal Parade (60 BP) vs. 6 HP / 252 SpD Baxcalibur: 72-85 (19.3 - 22.8%) -- possible 5HKO
0+ SpA Typhlosion-Hisui Infernal Parade (120 BP) vs. 6 HP / 252 SpD Baxcalibur: 144-169 (38.7 - 45.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after burn damage
0+ SpA Typhlosion-Hisui Focus Blast vs. 6 HP / 252 SpD Baxcalibur: 192-226 (51.6 - 60.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

And by the time he starts doing stuff other than WoW, Bax will have already Terastallized into a Ground type. I swear, if it wasn't for Typhlosion prioritizing burning you unless you're a Fire type, Bax would be a huge no no.

Also, more (unnecessary) support

:SV/Toxapex:
Black Sludge
Ability doesn't matter
Tera Fire
252 SpD / 252 HP
Calm/Careful nature

Acid Spray
Rain Dance
Recover
Stockpile

Just do remember that you only get 3 Stockpiles, and I'm pretty sure you can't use it again even after the buff reset. Though I suppose in that case you could just replace Recover with Swallow, but that would only make things even slower. This may be one of the harder supports to use.

Never mind, he does eventually go for something other than WoW on Bax. Seems like you'll have to get lucky.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure Defense cheer doesn't actually boost Body Press, only the Pokémon's actual Defense stat and Defense stat stages get used, other things that boost Defense (Fur Coat, Eviolite, Snow, Protosyntesis Defense, etc.) don't affect it. So I'm pretty sure the Defense cheer doesn't either unless it is directly manipulating the actual Defense stat ala Power Trick.
It actually does boost Body Press's damage.

+6 252+ Def Metronome (4 times) Tera Fighting Dachsbun Body Press vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tera Fire Typhlosion-Hisui: 1161-1368 (13.4 - 15.8% of 30x hp boss) -- not a KO

+6 252+ Def Metronome (4 times) Tera Fighting Dachsbun Def Cheer Body Press vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tera Fire Typhlosion-Hisui: 1744-2052 (20.2 - 23.8% of 30x hp boss) -- not a KO

It actually does boost Body Press's damage.

+6 252+ Def Metronome (4 times) Tera Fighting Dachsbun Body Press vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tera Fire Typhlosion-Hisui: 1161-1368 (13.4 - 15.8% of 30x hp boss) -- not a KO

+6 252+ Def Metronome (4 times) Tera Fighting Dachsbun Def Cheer Body Press vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tera Fire Typhlosion-Hisui: 1744-2052 (20.2 - 23.8% of 30x hp boss) -- not a KO
Huh, so the cheers outright increase the actual stat directly then? Rather than being a modifier?

Working as a direct stat modifier I guess tracks with the Cheers persisting past a buff wipe compared to most buffs. I was gonna wonder if the ATK Cheer would affect it similar to CB working on Body Press

One nice thing about Dachsbun is you can run the same moves whether for support or attacking. If I'm teamed up with 2 other Dachsbuns who are spamming Body Press, I'll just sit there clicking Snarl. I stopped using Mud Slap because I don't want to take away the defense boosts for teammates.

Goodra is nice for Acid Spray when special attackers show up. Miraidon and Bellibolt seem to be capable of not dying constantly with Acid Spray support and Parabolic Charge spam.

Fusion Flare

i have hired this cat to stare at you
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Tried using Walking Wake to get that sweet Protosynthesis + Hydro Steam boost with Rawst Berry and Sub just to mess with Will-O-Wisp, along with it being naturally faster.

First try, I match up with a Tail Glow Rain Dance Manaphy who dominates the Typhlosion anyways.

One nice thing about Dachsbun is you can run the same moves whether for support or attacking. If I'm teamed up with 2 other Dachsbuns who are spamming Body Press, I'll just sit there clicking Snarl. I stopped using Mud Slap because I don't want to take away the defense boosts for teammates.
Immunities and abilities take priority over accuracy in the order of move success checks, so Will-O-Wisp can never miss instead of triggering Well-Baked Body unless the ability is disabled.

:manaphy:
Manaphy @ Life Orb
Ability: Hydration
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Tail Glow
- Rain Dance
- Fake Tears
- Weather Ball

This is the Manaphy set I solo with.
  1. Tail Glow
  2. Rain Dance
  3. Tail Glow
  4. Fake Tears x2
  5. +6 252+ SpA Life Orb Manaphy Weather Ball (100 BP Water) vs. -4 0 HP / 0 SpD Tera Fire Typhlosion-Hisui in Rain: 8064-9486 (93.6 - 110.1% of 30x hp boss) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO
Don't let the 62.5% OHKO chance deceive you. Your allies will put it in range of a KO. You can sometimes die while setting up if Typhlosion gets a lucky crit or a Focus Blast SpDef drop, but it's still more than capable of rolling over the boss's shield. Not as mindless as the Dachsbun solo, but it's a nice change of pace regardless.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)