November 7* Raid Event: Fire-type Typhlosion-H

Calm Mind and Infernal Parade are more than guaranteed for this boss. We might see a repeat from the regular Typhlosion raid where it could run Eruption again. Could also see it either using IP or Will-o-Wisp as a t0 or t1attack or something. I can see Guts Ursaluna with some SpA-dropping support can be a good counter to these moves.

Another scary, but unlikely, prospect is having CM be one of its 4 moves like Mewtwo’s was. However, Decidueye-H’s moveset didn’t have Bulk Up on it, so I doubt it’ll happen, but the chances aren’t 0%.

Just brought in my H-Samurott from PLA and raised it to lv100 too, funny timing. Just need to get EV'd, relevant IVs are already done

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
My Covert Cloak Gastrodon is ready to eat those Infernal Parades for breakfast and spam Mud-Slap until it can’t hit my party at all :swole:

I'm expecting some kind of emphasis on spreading burns. While there is Infernal Parade, I can also see Lava Plume, Burning Jealousy or even outright Will-O-Wisp as possibilities.

Here is an interesting support option that I thought of:

:Goodra:
Goodra @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 132 HP / 252 SpD / 124 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Surf
- Acid Spray
- Life Dew
- Rain Dance

If special attackers end up being the way to go, here is a fantastic Acid Spray supporter with incredible longevity, Life Dew healing, rain support (with Hydration to cure burns) and the ability to go on the offensive as well with Surf and Tera Water.

I'm moderately confident we'll see Eruption and / or Lava Plume as extra moves just for the burns.

Other than that, honestly even accounting for Infernal Parade, I don't think this'll be that difficult.
Thyplosion's middling attack stat means that even if they give it phisical coverage, being unstabbed will mean it will tickle.

If they don't give it phisical coverage, Blissey walls this for a year without even trying as supportive mon.

If they don't give it Focus Blast, Heatran also does, though I am assuming the offensive moveset is going to be Fire move / Infernal Parade / Focus Blast / probably a phisical coverage though could have Extrasensory i suppose.

I can see Sunny Day and/or Calm Mind as extra moves.

I don't think it'll be difficult, Thyplosion unfortunately for it just lacks a good special moveset ironically, and H-Thyplosion basically doesn't have an ability either (assuming they give it HA).

As for picks, honestly i'm looking at some of the spicy water types that can get away with eating Infernal Parade... Gastrodon might be good enough to work with it and either support with mud-slap or actually bonk the boss, both Vaporeon, Umbreon and Flareon have chonky special bulk to tank the damage and also go for a supportive set (Vaporeon also can run rain dance to disregard the burns).

Manaphy also could be pretty spicy, once more, Rain dance to shrug off the burns and reduce fire damage, if no rain dance it has Take Heart which is calm mind + refresh which serves same purpose while also boosting at same time.

What I'm also looking at is potential "anti calm-mind" options.
As far as Clear Smog users we don't exactly have a lot of options that aren't weak to either fire or ghost, basically just Gastrodon and Torkoal. Torkoal doesn't look like the best plan due to lack of recovery, Gastrodon on other hand would be my go-to choice (basically same set we used in the past, Clear Smog / Mud-Slap / Recover / Surf or Earth Power).
If we're looking at Snarl users, Arcanine and Umbreon are probably my best bets.
Acid Spray has a much wider distribution, the goodra suggested above looks like a good candidate but I also can see a few more.

Wish Garg had a good support move for this. It's basically made to block H-Typhlosion but lacks a Support move to neuter FB if that's coverage or any way to help the team Progress (too slow to boost for damage and no real Support like Mud Slap or Screech/Acid Spray)

Fusion Flare

i have hired this cat to stare at you
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Because going first in raids is actually important. Expecially if you're running recovery or debuff moves.
i dont think raid mons run speed investment, so you’d just need 124 speed on goodra in order to outrun typhlo-h.

As usual, God may is here to save the day.

:SV/Arceus-Water: (Or Rock if you don't want Judgment weakened assuming he's packing Sunny Day, but that'll just leave you more vulnerable to Focus Blast)

Splash Plate
Tera Water
252 Sp Atk / 252 Sp Def / 6 HP
Modest Nature

Judgment
Acid Spray
Struggle Bug
Recover

Really, at this point I'm not even sure what other offensive mons you can do this with solo, besides maybe Hisuian Ursaluna if he doesn't have Focus Blast and Solar Beam. Though if he lacks Will O Wisp it's not really gonna be worth it.

Some possible sets:

:blissey:
Blissey (F) @ Light Clay
Ability: Healer
Tera Type: XD
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD (if no physical moves on the boss, just run max HP and SpDef)
Calm Nature
- Light Screen
- Soft-Boiled
- Rain Dance / Life Dew / Heal Bell / Helping Hand

Blissey does Blissey things, only Healer's actually going to do something for once! It has a 30% chance to cure an ally's status condition, and with Infernal Parade pretty much a given, this will be a nice passive trait. If you don't want to wait for Healer procs, Heal Bell has become much more accessible with Kitakami's reintroduction of Chimecho, who learns the move.

:gastrodon:
Gastrodon @ Covert Cloak
Ability: Sticky Hold
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Mud-Slap
- Recover
- Clear Smog
- Earth Power

Mud-Slap for days. Clear Smog for the inevitable Calm Minds. Covert Cloak to prevent Infernal Parade from burning you. Earth Power and Tera Ground to help with shield chip and the rare SpDef drop. Wish this got Acid Spray, though :/

:Manaphy:
Manaphy @ Mystic Water / Shell Bell
Ability: Hydration
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 SpA / 204 SpD / 52 Spe (252/252 if not +Spe nature'd boss)
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Rain Dance / Take Heart
- Rest / Fake Tears
- Tail Glow
- Surf

The Rain Dance and Rest variant of this might need a bit of support to pull off, but said support (Acid Spray and SpA debuff vs boss) should be fairly common anyway. Rain Dance + Rest gives Manaphy a "Full Restore At Home", with Sleep being cured the next turn. Hydration also removes Manaphy's Burns, preventing Infernal Parade from hitting it at max power. If you want something more self-sufficient, Take Heart, Fake Tears, and Shell Bell should do the trick.

Incorrect, and I didn’t say the starters did. I’m referring to the 6 star bosses. Amoonguss has 128 EVs in both Def and SpDef, for example. You can check which ones have which EV spread here:

https://davbou.github.io/
Ah yes, but the 7 stars, which Typhlosion is, don't. Why were you bringing up the 6 stars? I was replying to a comment about about outspeeding Typhlosion specifically.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)