Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fake Tears
- Rain Dance
- Weather Ball
- Rest

Reason I chose Vaporeon is because under rain, it would be unable to be burned (other than its initial turn) thanks to Hydration, as well as the fact that Rain Dance weakens Fire Moves.
Fake Tears can be used to reduced the badger's special defense. Rain Dance + Weather Ball will be Vaporeon's primary source of attack against Typhlosion.
If at any point Vaporeon is at low health, Rest can be used to heal it up to full. Afterwards, thanks to Hydration and the Rain Weather, Vaporeon will be back up, ready to fight at your disposal.

Vaporeon (Budget-Goodra) @ Shell Bell
Ability: Hydration
Calm Nature
- Fake Tears
- Rain Dance
- Weather Ball
- Rest
While I am also a fan of Vaporeon potentially for this, I'm more looking at this set

Vaporeon (Manaphy-At-Home) @ Covert Cloak
Calm Nature
- Aqua Ring
- Rain Dance
- Scald / Surf
- Calm Mind / Rest
(you can opt either for a offensive set with scald/surf + calm mind, or have Rest instead and be more of a supporter)

Assuming no WoW, you can't die and just outheal pretty much everything it tries to do bar a bad crit sequence with aqua ring.
If it has phisical coverage that is relevant to the sweepers, you can even be a chad supporter and slot in Chilling Water instead of Scald / Surf.

Dachsbun @ Terrain Extender / Damp Rock
Ability: Well-Baked Body
Tera Type: Fairy / Normal
EVs: 252 HP / 248 SpD / 4 Speed
- Snarl
- Rain Dance
- Misty Terrain
- Mud-Slap / Wish / Howl / Helping Hand

A budget support available within SV that sets all kinds of good effects for the team. If Typhlosion has Will-O-Wisp like Delphox, then Dachsbun can break the AI again as a bonus.

EDIT: Tera Normal works as another immunity but may not be necessary.

Really, at this point I'm not even sure what other offensive mons you can do this with solo, besides maybe Hisuian Ursaluna if he doesn't have Focus Blast and Solar Beam. Though if he lacks Will O Wisp it's not really gonna be worth it.

Azumarill will remember that.

Last edited:
:snorlax:
Snorlax @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Thick Fat
Tera Type: Normal
Calm Nature
- Mud-Slap
- Recycle
- Helping Hand / Rain Dance
- Amnesia

Immune to Infernal Parade, resists Fire-type moves thanks to Thick Fat, and has Amnesia to further boost its SpDef in the face of Calm Mind. Recycle + Sitrus Berry lets it consistently heal itself. Could maybe slot in Screech somewhere if the boss doesn't do a stat refresh post-shield. Weak to Focus Blast, but after some Amnesia, it'll bounce off, and it'll be hard to hit after a Mud-Slap or two.

+1 0+ SpA Typhlosion-Hisui Focus Blast vs. +2 252 HP / 252+ SpD Snorlax: 112-132 (21.3 - 25.1%) -- 0% chance to 4HKO

Hisui-Samurott @ Covert Cloak / Damp Rock
Ability: Sharpness
EVs: 252 Atk / 248 SpD / 4 Speed
- Razor Shell
- Rain Dance / Filler
- Swords Dance
- Snarl

Would this be a good set? It resists both STABs and would be a monster in rain, but it does have Focus Blast to worry about

Hisui-Samurott @ Covert Cloak / Damp Rock
Ability: Sharpness
EVs: 252 Atk / 248 SpD / 4 Speed
- Razor Shell
- Rain Dance / Filler
- Swords Dance
- Snarl

Would this be a good set? It resists both STABs and would be a monster in rain, but it does have Focus Blast to worry about
The problem with this set, is that you're both
1) very VERY vulnerable to burns with no way to heal them
2) running Samurott which is a relatively squishy pokemon

You also have no recovery which is very detrimental unless you opt to run leftovers, but in that case you won't have covert cloak to prevent burns.

This is with neutral natures in play
0 SpA Typhlosion-Hisui Flamethrower vs. 0 HP / 248 SpD Samurott-Hisui: 58-69 (18 - 21.4%) -- possible 5HKO
0 SpA Typhlosion-Hisui Infernal Parade (60 BP) vs. 0 HP / 248 SpD Samurott-Hisui: 39-46 (12.1 - 14.3%) -- possible 7HKO
0 SpA Typhlosion-Hisui Infernal Parade (120 BP) vs. 0 HP / 248 SpD Samurott-Hisui: 78-92 (24.2 - 28.6%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after burn damage

Also it's worth considering that
1) very significant chance of a turn 1 Eruption or Lava plume to open the fight
0 SpA Typhlosion-Hisui Eruption (150 BP) vs. 0 HP / 248 SpD Samurott-Hisui: 97-114 (30.2 - 35.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after burn damage
2) regular Typhlosion raid had Play Rough, which would actually be extremely threatening if this is repeated
0 Atk Typhlosion-Hisui Play Rough vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Samurott-Hisui: 136-160 (42.3 - 49.8%) -- 28.1% chance to 2HKO after burn damage

Realistically speaking... I don't see this going very far. You don't have any sustain other than lefties or shell bell (which again, mean you can eat burns) or heal cheers. A 18% roll may seem not impressive but considering you have to eat multiple of these and there's going to be 1 or more debuff clear pulse, even without accounting for Eruption, Calm Mind, Play Rough or Focus Blast, I don't see any reason to do so.
(Also do note that by teraing, you will be losing one of the resists, meaning you'll be eating full twice the damage from one of the above moves)

In general, in order to be able to use a mon in a 7 star raid, it needs to either have sustain, massive enough bulk that leftover/shell bell alone keep you alive, or some kind of cheese that lets them live (es: Dachsbun fucking up Delphox's ai).
Glass cannons won't go very far.

As usual, God may is here to save the day.

:SV/Arceus-Water: (Or Rock if you don't want Judgment weakened assuming he's packing Sunny Day, but that'll just leave you more vulnerable to Focus Blast)

Splash Plate
Tera Water
252 Sp Atk / 252 Sp Def / 6 HP
Modest Nature

Judgment
Acid Spray
Struggle Bug
Recover

Really, at this point I'm not even sure what other offensive mons you can do this with solo, besides maybe Hisuian Ursaluna if he doesn't have Focus Blast and Solar Beam. Though if he lacks Will O Wisp it's not really gonna be worth it.
Something I've been forgetting to mention; Arceus doesn't have Struggle Bug, but it does have Snarl. Not as consistent, but it'll do.

An Arceus set I'm thinking of is a bit unorthodox, but:

:arceus-fire:
Arceus-Fire @ Flame Plate
Ability: Multitype
Tera Type: Ground / Water
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Acid Spray
- Recover
- Earth Power / Surf

You might not have the raw damage of same-type Tera Judgment, but Arceus-Fire provides much easier set-up opportunities. Fire-resist, Solar Beam-resist, immune to burns so only 60 BP Infernal Parade pre-Tera, and neutrally-hit by the inconsistent Focus Blast. The optimal tera type between Water or Ground will depend on the boss's moveset and actions. Water if either no Sunny Day or just ONE Sunny Day, or Ground if Sun will be a constant presence. Either way, the play is to be set up before you Tera, ideally 2 or 3 CMs alongside -6 SpDef on the boss via Acid Spray.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
If this Typhlosion does NOT have Focus Blast or a legit strong Fighting move, then this raid is going to be a relative cakewalk for several good pokemon. I just can't imagine a 7* Ghost Boss with a big signature Ghost move that just lets a bunch of good Normal and Dark types in the dex waltz in and run train on it. Now, what GF might do, because they've done suboptimal stuff in the past, is give it a physical fighting move like Low Kick or Brick Break. But whatever the case, it's hard for me to imagine that GF is going to put Hisuan Typhlosion out there to be fodder for the right Dark types and Normal types to pound on it and coast along without fear of any serious damage. However, if Typhlosion has a decent Fighting move, then this 7* raid will be more of a challenge.

At this point I'm not too interested in looking for or reading about "good support mons" for this raid. I think there will be plenty of them, if you are looking just to give general support to a team. Posting yet another mon that can generally survive, do cheers, put up screens, maybe do some healing, yada yada yada -- that's all well and good, but I don't think it will be some brilliant insight that is going to "solve" this raid. I might be wrong, and we're gonna be in short supply of support mons, but it feels like we'll have a good amount of generic support mons based on what Typhlosion can do, barring any crazy stuff GF might do to knock us on our ass (which they certainly do often).

What I am searching for is something that can stand in there and beat down Typhlosion with big hard hits and actually clear the raid. Assuming Typhlosion gets Infernal Parade, Big Fire Move, and Focus Blast/Fighting Move -- the list of mons that can actually do damage in big chunks without dying quickly just got a lot shorter.

And, I'm also not looking for whatever Arceus set is going to be workable in this raid. Again, it's not terribly brilliant to discover that a pokemon that has 120 base stats across the board, that can be any one of the 18 types in the game including any one that hits the boss SE and is not weak to the boss stabs, and it has the biggest movepool in the dex with access to every TM in the game -- wow, you're not gonna believe it, but that pokemon can be built to be good for a Tera raid! Yeah, uh, it's literally the God pokemon and so it's probably not gonna suck in any raid if you build the right one. Posting Arceus sets is fine, if there is some new twist you have found that isn't obvious. But if you're just gonna post yet another Arceus that has the fill-in-the-blank requisite typing, with a moveset consisting of the bog-standard SE Offensive Move, Boosting Move/Debuff, and Recover -- it's usually not very enlightening IMO.

(BTW, my comments about Arceus are NOT directed at Vengeance because of the set just posted above. I'm just talking in general about Arceus sets frequently posted in these raid threads)

I don't have any magic answers for this raid, but here's a interesting mon that I have had raised to lvl 100 in my boxes for a long time, and rarely get to use it for Tera raids, that actually might be useful against Tera Fire Hisuan Typhlosion if I tweak the build a little:

:sv/glimmora:
Glimmora @ Shell Bell
Tera Type: Rock
Calm Nature
EVs: 252 HP / 180 SpDef / 76 Speed
- Power Gem
- Acid Spray
- Light Screen
- Sandstorm

As I said, this isn't a magic answer, but Glimmora ticks a few boxes that other mons can't. The biggest thing is that it is a Rock type, so it resists Fire and hits it SE, and it's a Rock type that isn't weak to Focus Blast. It's a special attacker, so it's not going to care as much about burns, which seem likely to be a central feature of this Typhlosion raid. It gets access to Acid Spray (stab at that, not that it matters a lot) which is a much preferred way to "boost" in tera raids, since you can build tera at the same time. And being a Rock type means that if it sets Sandstorm (probably only in solo runs, because otherwise you screw your neighbors) it gets a boost to SpDef, and even better is that the boost can't be wiped by the raid boss. Light Screen piles on top of all the other defensive build elements to give Glimmora maximum survivability while Acid Spraying and then getting back lots of health from the Shell Bell. The Speed EV's are to get Glimmora to 227 speed and outspeed neutral Typhlosion.

Glimmora has problems, which is why it languishes in my boxes for most raids. But maybe on this raid it can fill a niche as one of perhaps few offensive tools we can use somewhat reliably to take down Typhlosion. We'll see!

Thoughts and predictions before the raid drops tonight:

Garganacl could be pretty solid with Purifying Salt blocking burn and resisting Ghost if there's no Focus Blasts to worry about, like the original Typhlosion. Wide Guard can also block some potential move choices like Eruption if they want to call back to that.

I feel like this Typhlosion might at least put on more pressure than the original if they keep up the trend of a shortened timer and throwing double actions into the mix early, and maybe super Tera Fire boosted Eruptions might hurt up front, but I think having a Water weakness will make this a stress free win for Azumarill. I do not expect Solar Beam in the main set because of how 2 turn moves take the charge and attack for separate players, and would probably confuse people into thinking the game is bugged. I do think some kind of Sun/Overheat/reset combo could be possible to mimic what we saw with Decidueye recently. It's kind of unfortunate it's stuck with Frisk since they can't make a reference like Magic Room Delphox.

For the TM move choice, I don't know if they would want to repeat choices, but Overheat could work if they do the above, or a DLC TM like Burning Jealousy if they just want to make sure you get burnt. There have been a few exceptions to the TMs being the same type as the boss with Charizard dropping Overheat, Samurott dropping Swords Dance, and Delphox dropping Fire Blast, but there's not that much else Typhlosion might do. More simple choices are Sunny Day, Will-O-Wisp, or Calm Mind being a bit further out there.

As for the vitamins, I expect Calcium and also Carbos, since Decidueye dropped both Protein and Calcium which was neat. I think we could either see plain Modest or a Quiet/Calm nature here for flavour, though it's hard to tell when Rillaboom decided to be Jolly and H-Decidueye was Adamant with a scripted special move.

This raid is…disappointingly easy. No Calm Mind is the most shocking thing to me. Hydration Manaphy just dumpsters all over the boss. I can see Vaporeon also performing nearly as well for those who don’t have Manaphy.

1698971588381.png
1698971579568.png

This was slightly harder for Azumarill than expected because waiting for the late buff cleanse while being harassed by sun and burn is annoying, but with only one debuff reset relatively early, old reliable Mud-Slap works fine to avoid Will-O-Wisp and most of the double actions. I ended up only fitting in 1 Amnesia post-cleanse and opting for more Mud-Slaps. I had to do some unboosted/tera Liquidations to build the HP with Shell Bell to Belly Drum at the minimum I could, basically hinging on misses to survive, and it paid off. After breaking through the shield in 3 hits, the rest of it was a 2HKO and with one free turn from the shieldbreak and outspeeding thanks to NPC Garganacl Rock Tomb, I was able to barely beat the timer.

1698971947603.png
1698971959351.png

This was my story Azumarill with mostly unoptimized defensive EVs so things could have been better. I experimented with Misty Terrain and Rain Dance, but decided I needed the raw power of Belly Drum and hax potential of Mud-Slap above all else.

DougJustDoug

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
:sv/glimmora:
Glimmora @ Shell Bell
Tera Type: Rock
Calm Nature
EVs: 252 HP / 180 SpDef / 76 Speed
- Power Gem
- Acid Spray
- Light Screen
- Sandstorm

As I said, this isn't a magic answer, but Glimmora ticks a few boxes that other mons can't. The biggest thing is that it is a Rock type, so it resists Fire and hits it SE, and it's a Rock type that isn't weak to Focus Blast. It's a special attacker, so it's not going to care as much about burns, which seem likely to be a central feature of this Typhlosion raid. It gets access to Acid Spray (stab at that, not that it matters a lot) which is a much preferred way to "boost" in tera raids, since you can build tera at the same time. And being a Rock type means that if it sets Sandstorm (probably only in solo runs, because otherwise you screw your neighbors) it gets a boost to SpDef, and even better is that the boost can't be wiped by the raid boss. Light Screen piles on top of all the other defensive build elements to give Glimmora maximum survivability while Acid Spraying and then getting back lots of health from the Shell Bell. The Speed EV's are to get Glimmora to 227 speed and outspeed neutral Typhlosion.
I just solo’ed easily with this Glimmora, first try. I don’t think this is a good rando team pokemon, because it really liked having sandstorm up, but for a solo run, it worked like a charm.

My first online experience with Azumarill involved swapping out Belly Drum for Rain Dance and trying for a hybrid support build. In my past experience, Mud-Slap can usually help even the most random pick survive.
1698977030683.png
1698976932338.png

I got a support Umbreon with Snarl, Rain Dance, Light Screen, and Helping Hand who honestly got this team through the raid. Miraidon was using Calm Mind and Electro Drift/Parabolic Charge which was ok but didn't tera for max damage, while the other Azumarill Belly Drummed immediately and started using Play Rough and Superpower against it, having no Water for some reason. It did contribute a death, but fortunately we had plenty of heal cheers for the burns and rain-boosted Liquidation chip was good enough to pull through. It seems that if you can at least survive and set everything up, then you don't need to be too focused damage-wise as long as you have one or two people to do those solid hits.

Couldn't solo with Manaphy at all, but I took it online and got matched with a BAxcalibur, Ogrepon-W and a Bellibolt
Honestly I was mostly on throwing out a Mud Slap and Rain Dance duty. It was a hard carry by Ogrepon & Baxcalibur. Bellibolt was mostly on support duty with cheers and mud slap, but also i am pretty sure kept dying a bunch.
The Baxcalibur was actually a good shot, i kept seeing Thermal Exchange go off

I caught it in a Heal Ball

DougJustDoug

This raid isn't as hard as I feared it would be, but when unprepared randos are bringing physical mons, they are getting burned and taking big damage from Infernal Parade. But there have been plenty of Special Attackers coming in and doing fine, with some support and other players willing to cheer judiciously when they get in trouble. The rewards are good in this raid and it's pretty easy to clear, so it’s worth farming imo.

With that said, one pokemon I have been using is on TOTAL cruise control and is coasting through raids, carrying entire teams while also helping some of the rando idiots along the way. Here is my way-too-early vote for raid MVP:

:sv/goodra:
Goodra @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
EVs: 252 HP / 132 SpDef / 124 Speed
- Surf
- Acid Spray
- Rain Dance
- Life Dew

I normally don't make pokemon with special Tera Types just for a 7* raid, unless the pokemon is basically the only pokemon that can work (like Bug Mew in the M2 raid) or it's a really good solution for the raid (kinda like Grass Espathra was back in the Chesnaughht raid). Well, Tera Water Goodra fits in the latter category -- it's a REALLY good solution for this raid.

I wait a few seconds the first turn until Typhlosion puts up Sunny Day, and then I promptly reset the weather with Rain Dance. With Rain falling, it's basically GG from that point on. Goodra just starts spamming Acid Spray until it can Tera and Surf the fire squirrel into oblivion. If you notice your teammates are in trouble, give 'em a little love with Life Dew. But honestly, you will rarely Life Dew for your own needs.

From my experience, Typhlosion continues spamming WoW at Goodra over and over, which is repeatedly healed by Hydration in the rain. Occasionally, Typhlosion will throw out an Infernal Parade or whatever, but it almost doesn't register because Goodra is such a Specially Defensive beast. In 6-7 online raids, I have almost never seen Goodra fall below about 80% health (yes, seriously) and I have literally never seen it in yellow or red. Teammates are getting pounded left and right, but Goodra is practically giggling through this whole raid.

I'm sure there are other things you can do to tweak this build. There's room for variation in the EV's and perhaps Muddy Water over Surf could help teammates avoid WoW and Focus Miss. But if you have the means to raise up a Goodra and use some of those Water shards you got from the Blissey events -- I highly recommend Goodra if you want be a boss at beating the boss!

I played a few more rounds for the night and saw some more supports I want to give some credit to in these times.

Dachsbun: Snarl, Misty Terrain, and Howl helped my Azumarill do some great damage, carrying a Manaphy that could do nothing and a Miraidon who I couldn't really judge the damage of.
Milotic: Safeguard, Light Screen, and Life Dew kept things going pretty well, until it missed a few Light Screen turns and Typhlosion got some faints in with double actions.
Mew: Just running the Mewtwo support set with Light Clay Light Screen/Life Dew/Struggle Bug/Misty Terrain was solid enough, even while weak to Infernal Parade.

I've also been seeing a variety of Kyogre with varying quality. Some just spam Water Spout and Origin Pulse. Others take the time to Calm Mind which is usually a good sign, and sometimes they have other setup like Thunder Wave or Rain Dance since Drizzle is pretty ineffective, but even the spammers have the raw power to take down a lot of health.

On the other hand, there have been a lot of bad picks online as usual and most of them don't even involve Azumarill as you would expect.
  • A Level 76 Immunity Snorlax being rather ineffectual with Hammer Arm and killing itself with Belly Drum
1698981929848.png

• The forementioned Manaphy with Rain Dance/Tail Glow/Fake Tears/Take Heart
1698981978380.png

• A Greninja setting up with Swords Dance to Protean Normal and then using Hydro Pump and Water Pulse. It was the 7 star Poison one and was holding nothing.
1698982065744.png
1698982059421.png

• From the same battle, an Iron Hands killing itself with Belly Drum and holding an X Attack
1698982281734.png

I also saw a Koraidon that would have set sun at the start of the battle and whenever it respawned, but it overlapped with Typhlosion's sun each time so it didn't really affect the battle in practice.

Last edited:
1698987183976.png
1698987193144.png

Similarly to Delphox, Ursaluna can pull off a very fast turn 3 solo OHKO on Typhlosion, and it requires much less rigging in comparison with only 1 Leer needed to hit instead of 2.

The goal is to get at minimum 1 Leer AI (Arcanine/Weavile), and ideally end up having Typhlosion miss its Turn 0 and Turn 1 Will-O-Wisps so you can set up a Belly Drum on T1, Attack Cheer on T2 and take 1 burn, just in time to take a Flamethrower/Focus Blast and Headlong Rush on Turn 3, with the AI ideally landing a Leer in those 2 turns. It doesn't take long to reset the first few turns every time at least so it was quick to show this.

In this attempt, I got Dudunsparce who paralyzed and allowed me to outspeed Typhlosion (113 speed), which let me be more lenient and take a T1 burn while Typhlosion got paralyzed trying to set Sun and missed a Turn 2 Focus Blast. I will still go through how my intended plan would have gone without Dudunsparce, which requires the T1 miss as mentioned.

+6 252+ Atk Soft Sand Guts Ursaluna Atk Cheer Headlong Rush vs. -1 0 HP / 0 Def Tera Fire Typhlosion-Hisui: 9026-10620 (104.8 - 123.3% of 30x hp boss) -- guaranteed OHKO

Note: +Atk Ursaluna can pull this off with Soft Sand, but Life Orb will work even better and can be used for a more reliable build as is shown below.

With 401 HP, Ursaluna will take 200 damage from a Belly Drum and 25 from the burn, leaving you with 176 HP of room to spare from an attack that you will need SpD investment to take. If Typhlosion goes for Focus Blast (rare), this can miss, while with Flamethrower you have some wiggle room to survive at max SpD and the AI's defense cheer. Focus Blast will always do less damage than Flamethrower in the sun.

0+ SpA Tera Fire Typhlosion-Hisui Flamethrower vs. 0 HP / 252 SpD Ursaluna in Sun through Def Cheer: 152-180 (37.9 - 44.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after burn damage

Alternatively, you can go for a +SpD nature and use Life Orb instead of Soft Sand to guarantee meeting both offense and defense thresholds anyway.
+6 252 Atk Life Orb Guts Ursaluna Atk Cheer Headlong Rush vs. -1 0 HP / 0 Def Tera Fire Typhlosion-Hisui: 8906-10482 (103.4 - 121.7% of 30x hp boss) -- guaranteed OHKO
0+ SpA Tera Fire Typhlosion-Hisui Flamethrower vs. 0 HP / 252+ SpD Ursaluna in Sun through Def Cheer: 138-164 (34.4 - 40.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after burn damage

Last edited:
This raid isn't as hard as I feared it would be, but when unprepared randos are bringing physical mons, they are getting burned and taking big damage from Infernal Parade. But there have been plenty of Special Attackers coming in and doing fine, with some support and other players willing to cheer judiciously when they get in trouble. The rewards are good in this raid and it's pretty easy to clear, so it’s worth farming imo.

With that said, one pokemon I have been using is on TOTAL cruise control and is coasting through raids, carrying entire teams while also helping some of the rando idiots along the way. Here is my way-too-early vote for raid MVP:

:sv/goodra:
Goodra @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
EVs: 252 HP / 132 SpDef / 124 Speed
- Surf
- Acid Spray
- Rain Dance
- Life Dew

I normally don't make pokemon with special Tera Types just for a 7* raid, unless the pokemon is basically the only pokemon that can work (like Bug Mew in the M2 raid) or it's a really good solution for the raid (kinda like Grass Espathra was back in the Chesnaughht raid). Well, Tera Water Goodra fits in the latter category -- it's a REALLY good solution for this raid.

I wait a few seconds the first turn until Typhlosion puts up Sunny Day, and then I promptly reset the weather with Rain Dance. With Rain falling, it's basically GG from that point on. Goodra just starts spamming Acid Spray until it can Tera and Surf the fire squirrel into oblivion. If you notice your teammates are in trouble, give 'em a little love with Life Dew. But honestly, you will rarely Life Dew for your own needs.

From my experience, Typhlosion continues spamming WoW at Goodra over and over, which is repeatedly healed by Hydration in the rain. Occasionally, Typhlosion will throw out an Infernal Parade or whatever, but it almost doesn't register because Goodra is such a Specially Defensive beast. In 6-7 online raids, I have almost never seen Goodra fall below about 80% health (yes, seriously) and I have literally never seen it in yellow or red. Teammates are getting pounded left and right, but Goodra is practically giggling through this whole raid.

I'm sure there are other things you can do to tweak this build. There's room for variation in the EV's and perhaps Muddy Water over Surf could help teammates avoid WoW and Focus Miss. But if you have the means to raise up a Goodra and use some of those Water shards you got from the Blissey events -- I highly recommend Goodra if you want be a boss at beating the boss!
One shot offline with this set. Ridiculously easy raid with this build. Cheers!

So the relative ease of this one makes me really fearing the upcoming Dark Samurott-H

Sharpness boosting its moves will be real rough going. Ceaseless Edge won't have the crit to worry about (though I imagine Samurott-H like Samurott still has Focus Energy (and Swords Dance!) in its raid kit) but setting up those Spikes will make deaths even more punishing than usual and it's getting the super tera boost for matching type, not to mention the excessive power its giving to Aqua Cutter (or Razor Shell, if they go that route) and any other slashing moves it might opt for.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)