Metalheads United ;D

atheist - unquestionable presence
at the gates - the red in the sky is ours
the chasm - deathcult for eternity
massacra - final holocaust
gorguts - obscura

slayer - hell awaits / reign in blood aren't really death metal, but they are highly recommended if you haven't heard them yet.
To add on

Dismember - Like An Everflowing Stream
Morbid Angel - Altars of Madness
Necrophobic - The Nocturnal Silence
Pestilence - Consuming Impulse
Sinister - Cross the Styx

you absolutely need to listen to Unquestionable Presence
I don't really like Atheist all that much to be honest. Piece of Time and Unquestionable Presence are good while Elements just sucks. I heard their new song "Second to Sun" and I was horrified. Maybe you other listeners might enjoy it, but I thought it was really bad. The beginning is so bad, those high pitched notes they're playing remind me of deathcore and some other bits remind me of it too. The riff following that is good, and for a moment I'm like "YEAH!" but then... they just throw their instruments around randomly. This one song is a bigger example of wasted "good" ideas ruined by a lack of structure and flow than Dark Angel's Time Does Not Heal.

If anyone want's to listen to the new song "Second to Sun" it is right here.

http://www.myspace.com/kellysatheistwebsite

Been meaning to listen to Mekong Delta for a long time. Might check them out tonight after my doom binge.

Also, popemobile actually contributing to the discussion in this thread? What trickery be this?
js

idk D:

Anyways that new Atheist song is pretty disappointing. A big reason why their old stuff is so good is that not only did the riffs own, but the transitions between them seemed almost nonexistent, compared to this new song that just seems sloppy and all over the place. Here's hoping that the rest of the album is a little more inspired than that.

hi i usually stay in firebot but i just wanted to share my metal boner for Skeletonwitch, particularly Beyond the Permafrost. I saw them at ozzfest, then realized "welp, this is pretty damn good". Nabbed the aforementioned album, and it has been playing in my car for the majority of the past 3-4 weeks. IF IF IF there is a weak point to this album, it would be Remains of the Defeated, but even that's pretty rockin'. My only other problem with the album is that it's a mere 38 minutes long, but what are ya gonna do ?

gene

(* ̄(エ) ̄*)
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
wow, the new atheist song sucks. i guess i can't really expect them to sound like they did on unquestionable presence, but fuck... it's so utterly boring and stale.

Roger Patterson was a really great bass player. He wrote all those awesome basslines for Unquestionable Presence, sadly he didn't get to play them on that album due to his death. In other news White Wizzard just disappoints. Jon Leon had something going for the band on their debut album from this year Over the Top. That album had such a fun sound. He decided to change the whole line up he had on Over the Top. I recently heard their new song "Shooting Star", which is a tribute to Ronnie James Dio. The lyrics are cool I guess, but the song itself is so boring. It's as if Jon Leon wants his band to sound like the progressive direction Iron Maiden.

I have to assume it's offset by his interest in progressive stuff.

Personally I'm still not very big on this but whatever, it's more tolerable than Metallica.

I need more death metal like Suffocation and Immolation.

I'm already checking out Incantation, but I need more if anyone has any recs.

not sure where else to post this, but the major private torrent site NOT dedicated to breakfast food is having a MINDBLOWING freeeleeech right now on all single-seeded torrents!

all i'm saying is...there's a ton of rare and obscure metal on the site with only one seeder.

take this information, and do with it what ye will.

ty

I think I have a Morpheus Descends album on my computer actually, but I have not listened to it.
should do that.
as an aside, Immolation might be the best band I've heard in like 2 years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KfXmkiwHDA
Close to a World Below ranks in my top five, possibly top three death metal albums of all time. Definitely a fucking brilliant album. I'll probably dl the rest of their discography tonight (I have a few other albums but I definitely need more).

Cryptopsy - None So Vile
Cynic - Focus
Immolation - Close to a World Below

i think it'd look something like that (order is arbitrary).

gene

(* ̄(エ) ̄*)
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
new atheist was disappointing, but not as bad as i expected. it kind of picks up after the first track.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)