Pet Mod [Gen 6] Megas Revisited - Slate 15: Playtesting

What time would you be able to play in roomtours this weekend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Yoshiblaze

ye
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
One of the last slates!

- Slate 14: Diamonds in the Sky -
:sm/latias-mega::sm/latios-mega::sm/diancie-mega:
Latias, Latios, Diancie

For this slate, we finally tackle the only OU-legal Megas of Legendary and Mythical Pokemon! The Lati Twins' Megas are pretty strange, from the fact that were coded into XY despite never being released until ORAS (which iirc meant that ORAS players could use them in wifi battles against XY players but not any other ORAS Mega), to the fact that they're basically balanced versions of the old Soul Dew effect, to the fact that Latias' Mega outclassed Latios' despite Latias usually being the one that was outclassed. Mega Latias has always been an elite Calm Mind sweeper thanks to its insane and bulk, while Latios has historically been one of the least impressive Megas as it's mostly just an itemless Latios with some bulk. Then there's Diancie, the only Gen 6 Pokemon with a Mega Evolution, and one of the most drastic at that, launching Diancie into OU viability as one of the few modern examples of a Pokemon who's best used as a mixed attacker.

An important note for this slate - Latias and Latios submissions will be voted on as a pair. This allows you to make your subs with them as counterparts in mind while not having to worry about needing both to win separately. If you only submit just a Latios or just a Latias, your sub will be paired with the original version of the one you didn't submit, so you're not forced to make something for both.​

Refer to the rules located on the OP for how you should sub:

Yoshiblaze said:
Voting Phase (1 Day)
After the submission phase is over, voting will begin. This mod will be using the same voting system as Book of Enigmas, where you can vote for as many submissions as you want, with each submission getting a certain number of points based on how you ranked it. An example can be seen below.
For a slate with Mega Beedrill, Mega Lopunny, and Mega Pidgeot, for example, a ballot would look like this:
Beedrill: User 1, User 2, User 3
Lopunny: User 4, User 5, User 6
Pidgeot: User 7, User 8, User 9

With this ballot, Submission 1 for Mega Beedrill would get 3 points, Submission 2 would get 2, and Submission 3 would get 1. The same goes for Submissions 4, 5, and 6 in the Lopunny category and Submissions 7, 8, and 9 in the Pidgeot category, with them getting 3, 2, and 1 point respectively.

You can add as many submissions are you'd like after your third vote, with each one getting 1 point.
Pidgeot: User 7, User 8, User 9, User 10, User 11
So, in this ballot, Submissions 10 and 11 would also get 1 point in the Pidgeot category.

You can vote for your own submission, but it can't be in first place or your only vote in that category. Be sure to mark your self-vote by putting (SV) after it.
Beedrill: User 12 (SV), User 2, User 3
This wouldn't be a legal ballot as the self-vote is in first place in the Beedrill category

Beedrill: User 12 (SV)
This also wouldn't be a legal ballot as the self-vote is the only vote in the Beedrill category

Beedrill: User 2, User 12 (SV)
Lopunny: User 4, User 12 (SV), User 6
Pidgeot: User 7, User 8, User 12 (SV), User 10, User 11
This is a legal ballot because none of the self-votes are in first place or the only vote in a category.

If you vote for only 2 submissions in a category, the first place submission gets 2 points and the second place submission gets 1 point. If you vote for just one, then that submission gets 1 point.
Beedrill: User 1 (1 point)
Lopunny: User 4 (2 points), User 5 (1 point)
Pidgeot: User 7 (3 points), User 8 (2 points), User 9 (1 point), User 10 (1 point), User 11 (1 point)
The submission with the most points in a category will be added to the mod. For every Mega, you will also have the option to vote for the original Mega Evolution if you aren't a fan of any of the submissions. However, this can't be done for Pokemon whose original Megas were banned to Ubers.
For most slates, the next submission phase will start immediately after voting ends for the previous slate. The long submission phase will still give ample time for discussion and playtesting during the week so you can adjust your submissions. However, every 3 slates or so, one or more roomtours will be held so we can see what state the metagame is in. This may result in winning submissions being nerfed or buffed, depending on what we learn. Buffs and nerfs (mostly nerfs) can also happen at any other time as we learn stuff between roomtours.

Basic Template:
Code:
:sm/pokemon:
[b]Name[/b]: Mega <Pokémon>
[b]Type[/b]:
[b]Ability[/b]:
[b]Stats[/b]: HP / Atk / Def / SpA / SpD / Spe [BST]
[b]New Moves[/b]:
[b]Description[/b]: (Describe how your submission fits into the metagame, what it does, what it checks/counters, what it gets checked/countered by, why you would use it, etc.)

Megas For All Template (Created by Hematite):
[CODE]
:pokemon: [b]Mega <Pokémon>
New Ability[/b]:
[b]Type[/b]:

[b][u]Stats[/u][/b]:
HP:
Attack:
Defense:
Special Attack:
Special Defense:
Speed:
(BST)

[b]New Moves[/b]:
[b]Description[/b]:
For types, you can insert type images like this
with this link (replace Type with the type you want) https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/sprites/types/Type.png

Example Submission
:sm/charizard-mega-x:
Name: Mega Charizard X
Type:

Ability: Tough Claws
Stats: 78 / 130 (+46) / 111 (+33) / 130 (+21) / 85 / 100 [634 BST]
New Moves: N/A
Description: Mega Charizard X can act as a dangerous Dragon Dance sweeper with strong Tough Claws-boosted moves in Flare Blitz, Outrage, Dragon Claw, and Thunder Punch. A unique defensive typing and decent bulk makes setting up much easier, made even easier with Roost. Walled by very bulky Water-types, Heatran (if you don't run EQ), and checked by Landorus-T.

Submissions will end in 7 Days.

late night theorymonning lets fuckinh gooooo

Name: Mega Latios
Type:
Dragon
Psychic

Ability: Dazzling
Stats: 80 / 150 / 105 / 135 / 110 / 120 [700 BST]
New Moves: Sacred Sword
Description: latios becomes a physical attacker. sacred sword combats dark and ice types, while dazzling prevents lati from being revenge killed by stuff like sucker punch and ice shard.

Name: Mega Latias
Type:
Dragon
Psychic

Ability: Natural Cure
Stats: 80 / 120 / 120 / 130 / 140 / 110 [700 BST]
New Moves: nada
Description: offensive or defensive pivot. natural cure lets latias remove status such as paralysis or toxic from switching out, improving its longevity. draco / recover / psyshock / twave is probably a good set for it

Pokemon: Mega Diancie
Type:
Rock
Fairy

Ability: Soul Heart
Stats: 50 / 140 / 125 / 140 / 125 / 115 [700 BST]
New Moves: Spiky Shield
Description: base form diancie’s speed in contrast with mega diancie’s usually meant that it had to run protect to let itself mega evolve safely; spiky shield does the same but with residual damage for physical attackers. soul heart could be cool for snowballing, and we already have another magic bouncer (m sableye) anyway.

Last edited:
:sm/latios-mega:
Type:

Ability: Tough Claws
Stats: 80 / 130 / 100 / 160 / 120 / 110 [700 BST]
New Moves: Aura Sphere, Mystical Fire, U-turn
Description: Tough Claws improves its functionality as a physical attacker.

:sm/latias-mega:
Type:

Ability: Multiscale
Stats: 80 / 100 / 120 / 140 / 150 / 110 [BST]
New Moves: Moonblast, Aura Sphere, Mystical Fire, U-turn
Description: To contrast Latios, I gave it Multiscale to add to its bulk.

:sm/diancie-mega:
Name: Mega Diancie
Type:

Ability: Sheer Force
Stats: 50 / 160 / 110 / 160 / 110 / 110 [BST]
New Moves: Play Rough
Description: Takes its mixed attacker role to the next level with Sheer Force. However, this means it can no longer fish for defense boosts with Diamond Storm, so it needs to do that before Mega Evolving.

LOrd Fernado

I COULD BE BANNED!
Type:
1683692063781.png
1683692068945.png

Ability: Chilling Neigh
Stats
: 80 / 160 / 110 / 110 / 130 / 110 [BST:700]
New Moves: +Icicle Crash, Ice Shard, Icicle Spear, Swords Dance
Description: Latios but physical and Ice type

Type:
1683627409866.png
1683627505783.png

Ability: Grim Neigh
Stats
: 80 / 110 / 130 / 160 / 110 / 110 [BST:700]
New Moves: +Hex, Ominous Wind
Description: Latios needed a rearrange in its stats and a better ability, so here it is. Grim Neigh allows Latios to snowball efficiently through teams.
Type:
1683770490008.png
1683770494798.png

Ability: Good As Gold
Stats
: 50 / 160 / 110 / 160 / 110 / 110 [BST:700]
New Moves: +Spiky Shield
Description: Og Mega Diancie was good, but we already have a Magic Bounce user, but having an offensive status blocker helps. GaG blocks stuff like Defog well if you have something like hazards stacked up on the opponents side.

Last edited:
Mega Diancie
Type: Fairy
/ Rock
Ability: Magic Bounce
Stats: 50 HP / 135 Atk / 140 Def / 135 SpA / 140 SpD / 100 Spe BST-700
Movepool Changes: +
Draining Kiss
Description: Personally, I love this Mega and it is the last one I want to see changed. However, I don’t quite understand making a pet mod where you change Megas and then leave some the same. If I want to use standard Mega Diancie I’ll just play SM OU or something. Diancie doesn’t need a whole lot of improvement from its original Mega, so I decided to keep its original strategy but with a more defensive take. Fairy / Ground is an overall amazing typing defensively, and it keeps Diancie’s good offensive presence, but the STAB combo isn’t quite as good outside of handling steels better. It’s bulk is increased at the cost of some power and speed, and is still lower than that of the base form. The goal is still the same: deflect hazards and punch holes with mixed attacks, but now, Diancie functions more sustainably, being able to switch into many more attacks and take more hits. Notice, however, the lack of reliable recovery, meaning you must rely on Draining Kiss in order to restore HP, meaning you usually must forgo Moonblast (sad) or give up recovery entirely.
Edit: changed to Fairy/Rock.

Last edited:
:sv/Latias-mega:
Type:

Ability: Unaware
Stats: 80 / 120 (+40) / 120 (+30) / 130 (+20) / 140 (+10) / 110 (+0)
Description: Last chance to get an Unaware Mega in here.

T.I.A.

formerly Ticktock
Mega Diancie
/ Ground
Draining Kiss
Description: Personally, I love this Mega and it is the last one I want to see changed. However, I don’t quite understand making a pet mod where you change Megas and then leave some the same. If I want to use standard Mega Diancie I’ll just play SM OU or something. Diancie doesn’t need a whole lot of improvement from its original Mega, so I decided to keep its original strategy but with a more defensive take. Fairy / Ground is an overall amazing typing defensively, and it keeps Diancie’s good offensive presence, but the STAB combo isn’t quite as good outside of handling steels better. It’s bulk is increased at the cost of some power and speed, and is still lower than that of the base form. The goal is still the same: deflect hazards and punch holes with mixed attacks, but now, Diancie functions more sustainably, being able to switch into many more attacks and take more hits. Notice, however, the lack of reliable recovery, meaning you must rely on Draining Kiss in order to restore HP, meaning you usually must forgo Moonblast (sad) or give up recovery entirely. Also, anyone surprised I didn’t
Mega Diancie
Type:
Fairy / Rock
Ability: Magic Guard
Stats: 50 HP / 145 Atk / 130 Def / 145 SpA / 135 SpD / 105 Spe BST-700

Movepool Changes: no
Description: Magic Guard spttacker + Fairy-type = no more Wisp / Knock spam.
Why is there 2?

Well, it's good that we finally got Electric Surge out of the way even if it's what I vaguely had in mind to put on Diancie-Mega for this predictably frustrating slate. I've always hated that you can't tell the Lati-Megas apart unless I'm missing something (like how I missed just how screwed official Latios-Mega got stat-wise).

Name: Latias-Mega
Type: Dragon/Psychic [unchanged]
Ability: Form Piercer = The Pokémon can hit Fairy-type Pokémon with Dragon-type moves while it is on the battlefield. (Only phrased this way to match Latios-Mega's wording.)
Stats: 080 HP / 105 Atk (+25) / 110 Def (+20) / 140 SpA (+30) / 155 SpD (+25) / 110 Spe (700 BST)
New Moves: (all shared with Latios) Bulk Up, Dragon Rush, Psycho Cut
Description: Perhaps the most annoying thing about this (slate) is that regular Latias-Mega is more than fine, if a bit obnoxious, and so most of the changes need to be reserved for (and in theory shared with) Latios without overly buffing (or nerfing) Latias herself. So that's all the explanation I'm giving for the lazy stat spread and the new moves here. The ability, however, took forever to decide on since I didn't just want to leave this with Levitate if they're being voted on as a pair, so I eventually just decided on something that fit with the little that Latias differs in flavor from Latios, in this case focusing on their shapeshifting while Latios seems to focus on their clairvoyance. Since mythological fairies are such capricious "fair" folk, it makes sense for a fellow shapershifter to bully them, and speaking of "fair", I couldn't exactly give this the Psychic equivalent since gods that would make the Stored Power set (more) broken. It still benefits from this ability more than Latios-Mega would anyway given Draco Meteor, so Latios-Mega can't really win there, but this at least doesn't get around Misty Surge (even if they also already get Thunderbolt and Thunder for Blastioise-Mega).

Name: Latios-Mega
Ability: Mind Piercer = The Pokémon can hit Dark-type Pokémon with Psychic-type moves while it is on the battlefield. (Phrased this way so that Future Sight isn't super obnoxious.)
Stats: 080 HP / 140 Atk (+50) / 120 Def (+40) / 130 SpA / 120 SpD (+10) / 110 Spe (700 BST)
New Moves: (all shared with Latias) Bulk Up, Dragon Rush, Psycho Cut
Description: Half of the description is technically already above, so I will start out by noting that originally this had 155 Def (+75) before I realized that was a bit absurd of a boost in general for something not named Beedrill-Mega even with official Diancie-Mega's huge stat changes and this desperately needing help despite its huge BST. This even before the massive Def boost being absurd in and of itself. It's just that Latios-Mega really needs the help to differentiate itself from (official) Latias-Mega, though it may well be too much help between its Speed and Dragon Dance and now access to Bulk Up despite its rather "meh" STAB typing with no physical Fire coverage. After all, it's less that official Latios-Mega is outright bad and more that's there is simply no real reason to use it over Latias-Mega. Additionally, the Latis already get Earthquake as well as Psycho Shift, which now helps Latios-Mega more and is why I ultimately chose to do away with an additional immunity to Intimidate that was to mirror Scrappy from Gen VIII onward, especially since Dragon Dance and previously such huge Def would have made this very difficult to revenge kill. So I would hope that these scaled back stats are enough, especially since it's better at being a mixed or physical attacker than Latias-Mega is even if that gets to spam its Dragon STAB while this doesn't and while this can't even spam Future Sight unless it stays (or switches back) in. My main worry is that in attempting to avoid Stored Power from overpowered on Latias-Mega while attempting to keep parity, I've merely made the Stored Power set overpowered on Latios-Mega.

Name: Diancie-Mega
Type: Rock/Fairy [unchanged]
Ability: Levitate
Stat: 050 HP / 160 Atk (+60) / 110 Def (-40) / 160 SpA (+60) / 110 SpD (-40) / 110 Spe (+60) (700 BST) [a.k.a. the official stats]
New Moves: Draining Kiss, Healing Wish, Imprison
Description: You know when I said that I wouldn't submit anymore Levitate Megas mons? I lied...if only because I think original Diancie-Mega is more than fine and because can't think of a better ability that either isn't broken or basically just so niche as to be irrelevant. At least Levitate actually fits this one given its depictions, neutralizes its most common weakness (which plays nicely on Sand without being tied to it since its actually worth a damn unlike poor Lunatone and Solrock), and means it doesn't have to worry about any hazards besides neutral Stealth Rock now (since it's not like it was staying in to block Spikes from Ferrothorn or Skarmory without Mystical Fire anyway). Besides, neither of my Latis are using Levitate anymore, so meh. Not much else to say since I just want to be done with this, so I'll just note that all of move additions are Just Standard Princess Things™.

Yoshiblaze

ye
The end of the slate is a couple days out, but I figured that I'll put out an early sub review!

Like always, these are just my opinion, so unless I'm warning you about a veto (shown by the word vetoed in bold), it's up to you to take my advice or not.

Generally, there are a couple trends I've seen with submissions this slate that I'll address in more detail in the individual reviews, mostly that people are overbuffing Diancie and Latias, whose Megas were already great in base ORAS, and giving new moves to the Lati Twins without considering how much it buffs the base form.

:latios:Very interesting on paper, but I worry that this'll just end up with base Latios running Close Combat as a coverage move and ignoring its Mega. The extra Speed is nice, but base Latios is still quite a bit stronger with Specs or Life Orb and frees up the Mega slot, while Weak Armor is much like the first word in its name without something like Nasty Plot, which you can't give to Latios without breaking it. I'd recommend potentially leaning harder into physical sets with higher Attack and a weaker Fighting move
:latias:This seems a bit meh. Natural Cure is obviously amazing and U-Turn is really great too, though I'm not a fan of giving U-Turn to either Lati since that's an absolutely massive buff to their already good base forms, but Dragon/Normal is an overally unimpressive typing. Dragon/Psychic isn't good either and I get the idea of flipping its matchup against Ghosts, but having STAB on Psychic moves and Psychic's few good resistances likely makes it the preferable option. I'd probably remove U-Turn and consider making it Dragon/Psychic
:diancie-mega:This looks really scary, mainly because of the Speed tier and Heat Wave. Mega Diancie is amazing in base ORAS, so giving it a huge Speed boost and Fire coverage while only making it a bit weaker could push it over the edge. I'd have to talk with council before I say that it'd get vetoed, but I'd def recommend either making it slower, removing Heat Wave, or both.
:latios:I don't like the idea of giving Latios U-Turn or Fighting coverage, that's a massive buff for an already great mon, so I'd recommend removing those. This is borderline vetoable because of how much it buffs base Latios. Mystical Fire is also somewhat concerning on base Latios but with it being 65 BP this gen I'm cautiously okay with it. Outside of those, this seems a bit worse than base Latios, as it can't take advantage of Tough Claws very well when its Attack is so much lower and its STABs are poor while its best coverage moves aren't boosted. I'd probably lean more into physical attacking.
:latias:This one would probably get vetoed, Mega Latias is already really good and this is a much improved version of it all, with a much better typing, ability, and movepool. All of its move additions and the typing probably need to go, while you can probably work with Multiscale with slightly lower bulk stats.
:diancie-mega:This also seems vetoable, Mega Diancie is already an amazing wallbreaker and this significantly boosts its power. I'd recommend giving it a different ability or nerfing its offenses by quite a bit.
:latios::latias:Neat concept. Them having the Neigh abilities does slightly urk me since we have both Moxie and now Confidence in the metagame and the Lati Twins are horses, but I get why you did it. That being said, these both look pretty scary, which Latios being a faster and weaker Kyurem-Black but with Swords Dance and Dragon Dance, and Latias being a mini Giratina-O. I'm more scared of Latios than Latias because of DDance, so you could considering lowering its Attack a bit.
:diancie-mega:This one sounds crazy on paper but it seems fine actually, it's basically a worse Magic Bounce that blocks Defog which is good enough for me.
:diancie-mega:I know you stated that the second sub was a joke, but for sake of making things not confusing, please only put one submission per mon in your post. Had you not specified which one was real, I would've assumed the most recent one as the actual sub and vetoed the oldest one, so just put one or the other to avoid confusion. That being said, I'm not a huge fan of the actual sub. Ground/Fairy is arguably the best typing in the game, so giving it to a Magic Bounce mon with those stats is concerning. Plus, while it's good that you kept its offenses and Speed down, that bulk with Magic Bounce is also extremely good, we're lucky that it doesn't have recovery or else it'd easily get vetoed. It's still borderline to me and I'd probably be more comfortable if it was Rock/Fairy, but I'll have to get back to you on that. Also ngl, the joke one isn't even bad, I might like it more than the other one even though Magic Guard isn't that useful for it.
:latias:Pretty cool. Looks like a slight nerf to base Latias but still a very good mon.
:latios:This looks pretty interesting. I like the physical lean and the fact that it doesn't need coverage to deal with Drak-types (though Earthquake already hits most of them), so TTar has to really think twice before coming it to Pursuit trap. Was gonna say that it seemed a bit weak but the actually huge bulk might help it stay afloat.
:diancie-mega:Simple but effective, Levitate is just a good ability

That's all for now! I'll try to check back in tomorrow with more official veto warnings (and hopefully subs of my own) so I'll see you then!

lepton

im fragile, but not that fragile
is a Tiering Contributor
Type: Dragon/Psychic
Ability: Trace
Stats: 80 HP / 100 Atk (+20) / 120 Def (+30) / 140 SpA (+30) / 150 SpD (+20) / 110 Spe [700 BST]
New Moves: n/a
Description: went for a theme of copying the opponent for my latis. didn’t add moves cause i don’t wanna buff the base form too much, and kept the original stats for latias cause i already liked them. trace can actually copy some neat stuff, especially from other megas

Ability: Opportunist
Stats: 80 HP / 140 Atk (+50) / 100 Def (+20) / 150 SpA (+20) / 120 SpD (+20) / 110 Spe [700 BST]
Description: opportunist is really cool, switching into stuff like serp is really funny and can sometimes just win. lowered spa slightly so if i does steal a boost it’s less likely to just instantly win

Type: Rock/Fairy
Ability: Rattled
Stats: 50 HP / 160 Atk (+60) / 110 Def (-40) / 160 SpA (+60) / 110 SpD (-40) / 110 Spe (+60) [700 BST]
Description: I’m a fan of generally what they did for mega diancie, i’ve just never been a fan of magic bounce on it. So i went with rattled, an ability that i think is pretty cool on this, cause it resists both bug and dark, and can’t get knocked. at +1 it can definitely clean weakened teams, it has a great speed tier.

Last edited:

Yoshiblaze

ye
Type:

Ability: High Spirits - This Pokemon can't lower its own stats (other Pokemon can lower its stats)
Stats: 80 / 120 (+30) / 120 (+40) / 140 (+10) / 130 (+20) / 110 [700 BST]
New Moves: Hammer Arm
Description: I might be crazy, but hear me out. Base Latios has a sort of hit-and-run playstyle, coming in, nuking something with Psychic or Draco, then either leaving or getting Pursuit trapped. In contrast, Mega Latios aims to be a breaker that's overall weaker but can stay in a for longer time thanks to its good bulk, not weakening itself with Draco, and ability to hit TTar with drawbackless Hammer Arm. It's not exactly a sweeper (though I could see Calm Mind sets being a thing since Draco nukes things forever), more of a safer but weaker wallbreaker compared to base Latios.
Latios (M) @ Latiosite
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Hammer Arm / Hidden Power Fire
- Roost

Type:

Ability: Clear Body
Stats: 80 / 120 (+40) / 120 (+30) / 130 (+20) / 140 (+10) / 110 [700 BST]
Description: Vanilla Mega Latias sidegrade, slightly worse stats overall but an arguably better ability, now not having to worry about Moonblast SpA drops in Calm Mind wars against Clefable and protecting it from random Shadow Ball SpD drops. Hammer Arm mirrors Latios but I doubt you use it.
Latias @ Latiasite
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Psyshock / Stored Power
- Surf / Thunderbolt

Last edited:

Yoshiblaze

ye
24 Hours out from voting, here's the formal veto warning that I promised!

Not much this time around as most of the concerns I had from my review yesterday have been addressed
I gave my thoughts on all 3 in yesterday's review, but here's the formal veto warning for all 3. For Latios, the Mega itself isn't broken but the additions of U-Turn and Aura Sphere are absolutely huge buffs for an already great Pokemon in Latios, pushing it right to the edge. Latias has a similar issue but the Mega itself is also broken, being a much better version of base Mega Latias which was already a great mon in vanilla ORAS. Similarly, Sheer Force is just a bit too powerful of an ability on Diancie, who's already a terrifying mixed wallbreaker without needing a boosting ability.

That's all for now!
See you tomorrow for voting!

Yoshiblaze

ye
One of the last times we get to do this!

Voting Rules can be found below:
After the submission phase is over, voting will begin. This mod will be using the same voting system as Book of Enigmas, where you can vote for as many submissions as you want, with each submission getting a certain number of points based on how you ranked it. An example can be seen below.
For a slate with Mega Beedrill, Mega Lopunny, and Mega Pidgeot, for example, a ballot would look like this:
Pidgeot: User 7, User 8, User 9

With this ballot, Submission 1 for Mega Beedrill would get 3 points, Submission 2 would get 2, and Submission 3 would get 1. The same goes for Submissions 4, 5, and 6 in the Lopunny category and Submissions 7, 8, and 9 in the Pidgeot category, with them getting 3, 2, and 1 point respectively.

You can add as many submissions are you'd like after your third vote, with each one getting 1 point.
So, in this ballot, Submissions 10 and 11 would also get 1 point in the Pidgeot category.

You can vote for your own submission, but it can't be in first place or your only vote in that category. Be sure to mark your self-vote by putting (SV) after it.
Beedrill: User 12 (SV), User 2, User 3
This wouldn't be a legal ballot as the self-vote is in first place in the Beedrill category

Beedrill: User 12 (SV)
This also wouldn't be a legal ballot as the self-vote is the only vote in the Beedrill category

Beedrill: User 2, User 12 (SV)
Lopunny: User 4, User 12 (SV), User 6
Pidgeot: User 7, User 8, User 12 (SV), User 10, User 11
This is a legal ballot because none of the self-votes are in first place or the only vote in a category.

If you vote for only 2 submissions in a category, the first place submission gets 2 points and the second place submission gets 1 point. If you vote for just one, then that submission gets 1 point.
Beedrill: User 1 (1 point)
Lopunny: User 4 (2 points), User 5 (1 point)
Pidgeot: User 7 (3 points), User 8 (2 points), User 9 (1 point), User 10 (1 point), User 11 (1 point)
The submission with the most points in a category will be added to the mod. For every Mega, you will also have the option to vote for the original Mega Evolution if you aren't a fan of any of the submissions. However, this can't be done for Pokemon whose original Megas were banned to Ubers.
For most slates, the next submission phase will start immediately after voting ends for the previous slate. The long submission phase will still give ample time for discussion and playtesting during the week so you can adjust your submissions. However, every 3 slates or so, one or more roomtours will be held so we can see what state the metagame is in. This may result in winning submissions being nerfed or buffed, depending on what we learn. Buffs and nerfs (mostly nerfs) can also happen at any other time as we learn stuff between roomtours.
All submissions are eligible for voting except for the following:
Swagodile's Latios & Latias (Move buffs are too much + Latias itself is too much)
Swagodile's Diancie (Sheer Force is too strong of an ability with its movepool and stats)

Remember that Latias and Latios will be voted on as a pair. Subs that were made without one or the other will be paired with the original version should they win.

Voting will end in 24 hours!
If your submission isn't here and wasn't vetoed then let me know!

Type:
Dragon
Psychic

Ability: Dazzling
Stats: 80 / 150 / 105 / 135 / 110 / 120 [700 BST]
New Moves: Sacred Sword
Description: latios becomes a physical attacker. sacred sword combats dark and ice types, while dazzling prevents lati from being revenge killed by stuff like sucker punch and ice shard.

Type:
Dragon
Psychic

Ability: Natural Cure
Stats: 80 / 120 / 120 / 130 / 140 / 110 [700 BST]
New Moves: nada
Description: offensive or defensive pivot. natural cure lets latias remove status such as paralysis or toxic from switching out, improving its longevity. draco / recover / psyshock / twave is probably a good set for it
Type:
1683692063781.png
1683692068945.png

Ability: Chilling Neigh
Stats
: 80 / 160 / 110 / 110 / 130 / 110 [BST:700]
New Moves: +Icicle Crash, Ice Shard, Icicle Spear, Swords Dance
Description: Latios but physical and Ice type

Type:
1683627409866.png
1683627505783.png

Ability: Grim Neigh
Stats
: 80 / 110 / 130 / 160 / 110 / 110 [BST:700]
New Moves: +Hex, Ominous Wind
Description: Latios needed a rearrange in its stats and a better ability, so here it is. Grim Neigh allows Latios to snowball efficiently through teams.
:sv/Latias-mega:
Type:

Ability: Unaware
Stats: 80 / 120 (+40) / 120 (+30) / 130 (+20) / 140 (+10) / 110 (+0)
Description: Last chance to get an Unaware Mega in here.

PAIRED WITH ORIGINAL MEGA LATIOS
Name: Latias-Mega
Ability: Form Piercer = The Pokémon can hit Fairy-type Pokémon with Dragon-type moves while it is on the battlefield. (Only phrased this way to match Latios-Mega's wording.)
Stats: 080 HP / 105 Atk (+25) / 110 Def (+20) / 140 SpA (+30) / 155 SpD (+25) / 110 Spe (700 BST)
New Moves: (all shared with Latios) Bulk Up, Dragon Rush, Psycho Cut
Description: Perhaps the most annoying thing about this (slate) is that regular Latias-Mega is more than fine, if a bit obnoxious, and so most of the changes need to be reserved for (and in theory shared with) Latios without overly buffing (or nerfing) Latias herself. So that's all the explanation I'm giving for the lazy stat spread and the new moves here. The ability, however, took forever to decide on since I didn't just want to leave this with Levitate if they're being voted on as a pair, so I eventually just decided on something that fit with the little that Latias differs in flavor from Latios, in this case focusing on their shapeshifting while Latios seems to focus on their clairvoyance. Since mythological fairies are such capricious "fair" folk, it makes sense for a fellow shapershifter to bully them, and speaking of "fair", I couldn't exactly give this the Psychic equivalent since gods that would make the Stored Power set (more) broken. It still benefits from this ability more than Latios-Mega would anyway given Draco Meteor, so Latios-Mega can't really win there, but this at least doesn't get around Misty Surge (even if they also already get Thunderbolt and Thunder for Blastioise-Mega).

Name: Latios-Mega
Ability: Mind Piercer = The Pokémon can hit Dark-type Pokémon with Psychic-type moves while it is on the battlefield. (Phrased this way so that Future Sight isn't super obnoxious.)
Stats: 080 HP / 140 Atk (+50) / 120 Def (+40) / 130 SpA / 120 SpD (+10) / 110 Spe (700 BST)
New Moves: (all shared with Latias) Bulk Up, Dragon Rush, Psycho Cut
Description: Half of the description is technically already above, so I will start out by noting that originally this had 155 Def (+75) before I realized that was a bit absurd of a boost in general for something not named Beedrill-Mega even with official Diancie-Mega's huge stat changes and this desperately needing help despite its huge BST. This even before the massive Def boost being absurd in and of itself. It's just that Latios-Mega really needs the help to differentiate itself from (official) Latias-Mega, though it may well be too much help between its Speed and Dragon Dance and now access to Bulk Up despite its rather "meh" STAB typing with no physical Fire coverage. After all, it's less that official Latios-Mega is outright bad and more that's there is simply no real reason to use it over Latias-Mega. Additionally, the Latis already get Earthquake as well as Psycho Shift, which now helps Latios-Mega more and is why I ultimately chose to do away with an additional immunity to Intimidate that was to mirror Scrappy from Gen VIII onward, especially since Dragon Dance and previously such huge Def would have made this very difficult to revenge kill. So I would hope that these scaled back stats are enough, especially since it's better at being a mixed or physical attacker than Latias-Mega is even if that gets to spam its Dragon STAB while this doesn't and while this can't even spam Future Sight unless it stays (or switches back) in. My main worry is that in attempting to avoid Stored Power from overpowered on Latias-Mega while attempting to keep parity, I've merely made the Stored Power set overpowered on Latios-Mega.
Stats: 80 HP / 100 Atk (+20) / 120 Def (+30) / 140 SpA (+30) / 150 SpD (+20) / 110 Spe [700 BST]
Description: went for a theme of copying the opponent for my latis. didn’t add moves cause i don’t wanna buff the base form too much, and kept the original stats for latias cause i already liked them. trace can actually copy some neat stuff, especially from other megas

Stats: 80 HP / 140 Atk (+50) / 100 Def (+20) / 150 SpA (+20) / 120 SpD (+20) / 110 Spe [700 BST]
Description: opportunist is really cool, switching into stuff like serp is really funny and can sometimes just win. lowered spa slightly so if i does steal a boost it’s less likely to just instantly win
Type:

Ability: High Spirits - This Pokemon can't lower its own stats (other Pokemon can lower its stats)
Stats: 80 / 120 (+30) / 120 (+40) / 140 (+10) / 130 (+20) / 110 [700 BST]
Description: I might be crazy, but hear me out. Base Latios has a sort of hit-and-run playstyle, coming in, nuking something with Psychic or Draco, then either leaving or getting Pursuit trapped. In contrast, Mega Latios aims to be a breaker that's overall weaker but can stay in a for longer time thanks to its good bulk, not weakening itself with Draco, and ability to hit TTar with drawbackless Hammer Arm. It's not exactly a sweeper (though I could see Calm Mind sets being a thing since Draco nukes things forever), more of a safer but weaker wallbreaker compared to base Latios.
Latios (M) @ Latiosite
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Hammer Arm / Hidden Power Fire
- Roost

Type:

Ability: Clear Body
Stats: 80 / 120 (+40) / 120 (+30) / 130 (+20) / 140 (+10) / 110 [700 BST]
Description: Vanilla Mega Latias sidegrade, slightly worse stats overall but an arguably better ability, now not having to worry about Moonblast SpA drops in Calm Mind wars against Clefable and protecting it from random Shadow Ball SpD drops. Hammer Arm mirrors Latios but I doubt you use it.
Latias @ Latiasite
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Psyshock / Stored Power
- Surf / Thunderbolt

Pokemon: Mega Diancie
Type:
Rock
Fairy

Ability: Soul Heart
Stats: 50 / 140 / 125 / 140 / 125 / 115 [700 BST]
New Moves: Spiky Shield
Description: base form diancie’s speed in contrast with mega diancie’s usually meant that it had to run protect to let itself mega evolve safely; spiky shield does the same but with residual damage for physical attackers. soul heart could be cool for snowballing, and we already have another magic bouncer (m sableye) anyway.
Type:
1683770490008.png
1683770494798.png

Stats
Description: Og Mega Diancie was good, but we already have a Magic Bounce user, but having an offensive status blocker helps. GaG blocks stuff like Defog well if you have something like hazards stacked up on the opponents side.
Mega Diancie
/ Rock
Draining Kiss
Description: Personally, I love this Mega and it is the last one I want to see changed. However, I don’t quite understand making a pet mod where you change Megas and then leave some the same. If I want to use standard Mega Diancie I’ll just play SM OU or something. Diancie doesn’t need a whole lot of improvement from its original Mega, so I decided to keep its original strategy but with a more defensive take. Fairy / Ground is an overall amazing typing defensively, and it keeps Diancie’s good offensive presence, but the STAB combo isn’t quite as good outside of handling steels better. It’s bulk is increased at the cost of some power and speed, and is still lower than that of the base form. The goal is still the same: deflect hazards and punch holes with mixed attacks, but now, Diancie functions more sustainably, being able to switch into many more attacks and take more hits. Notice, however, the lack of reliable recovery, meaning you must rely on Draining Kiss in order to restore HP, meaning you usually must forgo Moonblast (sad) or give up recovery entirely.
Edit: changed to Fairy/Rock.
Name: Diancie-Mega
Type: Rock/Fairy [unchanged]
Stat: 050 HP / 160 Atk (+60) / 110 Def (-40) / 160 SpA (+60) / 110 SpD (-40) / 110 Spe (+60) (700 BST) [a.k.a. the official stats]
New Moves: Draining Kiss, Healing Wish, Imprison
Description: You know when I said that I wouldn't submit anymore Levitate Megas mons? I lied...if only because I think original Diancie-Mega is more than fine and because can't think of a better ability that either isn't broken or basically just so niche as to be irrelevant. At least Levitate actually fits this one given its depictions, neutralizes its most common weakness (which plays nicely on Sand without being tied to it since its actually worth a damn unlike poor Lunatone and Solrock), and means it doesn't have to worry about any hazards besides neutral Stealth Rock now (since it's not like it was staying in to block Spikes from Ferrothorn or Skarmory without Mystical Fire anyway). Besides, neither of my Latis are using Levitate anymore, so meh. Not much else to say since I just want to be done with this, so I'll just note that all of move additions are Just Standard Princess Things™.
Type: Rock/Fairy
Ability: Rattled
Stats: 50 HP / 160 Atk (+60) / 110 Def (-40) / 160 SpA (+60) / 110 SpD (-40) / 110 Spe (+60) [700 BST]
Description: I’m a fan of generally what they did for mega diancie, i’ve just never been a fan of magic bounce on it. So i went with rattled, an ability that i think is pretty cool on this, cause it resists both bug and dark, and can’t get knocked. at +1 it can definitely clean weakened teams, it has a great speed tier.

I guess doing always Top 5 is especially appropriate this time when there are only five Lati-Mega pairs and only five Diancie-Megas. This might be the last vote and entry I'm able to do for a while due to computer issues. Unsure yet:

:latias-mega: :latios-mega: Lati-Megas: Yoshiblaze, lepton , The Damned (SV), LOrd Fernando (we can we please change the ability names to not reference "Neigh" though if this wins?), chemicalmines
:diancie-mega: Princess Diancie-Mega: LOrd Fernando, lepton, BreloomBuddy, chemicalmines, The Damned (SV)

Yoshiblaze

ye
Let's see what some of the last additions to the metagame will be!

Latias/Latios
The Damned - 3 + 1 + 1 + 3 + 1 + 1 = 10
Yoshiblaze - 2 + 1 + 3 + 1 + 3 + 2 = 12
lepton - 1 + 3 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 3 + 2 + 1 = 15
LOrd Fernado - 2 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 8
chemicalmines - 3 + 2 + 1 + 3 = 9
Tanny89k - 3 + 1 = 4
Original - 1 = 1

Diancie
The Damned - 2 + 1 + 3 + 1 + 3 + 1 = 11
BreloomBuddy - 1 + 1 + 3 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 8
chemicalmines - 3 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 8
LOrd Fernado - 2 + 2 + 3 + 2 + 3 + 3 = 15
Original - 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 = 5
lepton - 2 + 2 = 4

Congratulations to lepton and LOrd Fernado for winning the Lati Twins and Diancie respectively!

Type:
1683770490008.png
1683770494798.png

Stats
The next slate will start either shortly or sometime tomorrow!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)