Pet Mod [Gen 6] Megas Revisited - Slate 15: Playtesting

What time would you be able to play in roomtours this weekend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

anaconja

long day at job
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
:sm/kangaskhan-mega:
Name: Mega Kangaskhan
Type: Normal
Ability: Parental Bond (original effects + fixed damage is also halved)
Stats: 105 / 125 (+30) / 100 (+20) / 60 (+20) / 100 (+20) / 100 (+10) | 590
New Moves: Close Combat
Description: mega kang but not broken.

:sm/salamence-mega:
Name: Mega Salamence
Type: Dragon / Water
Ability: Levitate
Stats: 95 / 135 / 130 (+50) / 130 (+20) / 90 (+10) / 120 (+20) | 700
New Moves: Waterfall, Surf, Scald
Description: pretty good hazard control due to beating a majority of setters such as drill, gliscor, heatran, lando, etc.

Last edited:

Name: Mega Metagross
Type:
Steel
Electric

Ability: Reckless
Stats: 80 HP / 140 Atk / 140 Def / 100 SpA / 125 SpD / 115 Spe [700 BST]
New Moves: Volt Switch, Fire Punch, Volt Tackle
Description: metagross heavily dents things w/ reckless volt tackle. however, this leads to it taking loads of recoil, meaning it won't last long in most matches. it also has a nasty 4x ground weakness. still, i bumped down its atk a bit just incase its power w/o the nerf is too much. 115 speed outspeeds mega pinsir and mega gengar.

Last edited:
Code:
:sv/:
[b]Type[/b]: [img]https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/sprites/types/Type.png[/img][img]https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/sprites/types/Type.png[/img]
[b]Ability[/b]:
[b]Stats[/b]: HP / Atk [SIZE=2](+)[/SIZE] / Def [SIZE=2](+)[/SIZE] / SpA [SIZE=2](+)[/SIZE] / SpD [SIZE=2](+)[/SIZE] / Spe [SIZE=2](+)[/SIZE]
[b]New Moves[/b]:
[b]Description[/b]:
:sv/salamence-mega:
Type:

Ability: Neuroforce
Stats: 95 / 135 (+0) / 135 (+55) / 135 (+25) / 90 (+10) / 110 (+10)
New Moves: U-turn
Description: Main draw is its suite of coverage combined with Neuroforce, which makes it very dangerous while unrevealed. Can run special/mixed with Draco, U-turn, and some combination of Fire Blast, EQ, Dragon Pulse, Hydro Pump, Iron Tail, Roost, etc.; physical with Dragon Dance, Earthquake, and whatever coverage; defensive with U-turn, Roost, utility, and an offensive tool to keep it from being passive; and likely more.

Main drawback comes in the form of 4MSS; special set needs Draco and U-turn for reliable STAB and pivoting respectively, which leaves it only two slots to fit Fire Blast for Ferro, EQ for Heatran, Roost for longevity, Iron Tail for Clef, etc. Once its moves have been revealed, it becomes significantly less threatening. Also suffers from weaknesses to Stealth Rock and Ice Beam, and a crowded speed tier.

:sv/metagross-mega:
Type:

Ability: Filter
Stats: 80 / 140 (+5) / 140 (+10) / 140 (+45) / 120 (+30) / 80 (+10)
New Moves: Thunderbolt
Description: Strong mixed attacker with strong defensive profile. Not much is gonna be able to 1v1 a healthy Mega Meta, and switching around it while it's unrevealed is a risky venture, forcing opponents to scout and wear it down through careful play.

Last edited:
:sm/metagross-mega:
Type:

Ability: Iron Fist
Stats: 80 / 145 / 150 / 105 / 110 / 110 [700]
New Moves: Mach Punch, Close Combat, Drain Punch, Sky Uppercut
Description: We're trading Tough Claws in Iron Fist, which gives a weaker boost, and is more limited in the moves it boosts.

Last edited:

Yoshiblaze

ye
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
Hello!

You may notice that this is pretty early for me to be posting any sort of veto warnings or reviews, but that's exactly what this is! I just felt like sharing my thoughts on the submissions we have so far, both allowing me to give feedback on every sub and giving y'all plenty of time to think about said feedback!

These are all 100% my thoughts, so if I say something would get vetoed that isn't an official warning (those will come closer to the deadline), just my opinion.

:kangaskhan-mega:This is something that I'm likely going to say for a lot of Kangaskhan subs, but this seems a bit too weak to keep up with the meta. Only getting the PBond boost on priority moves is great to Quick Attack or Sucker Punch, but with no boost to its regular Attacks, Kangaskhan's 135 Atk stat really shows how weak it is, especially with its super mediorce typing. You could potentially sacrifice some bulk or Speed for Attack and/or give this a secondary typing to help it beat things that handle Quick Attack or Sucker.
:salamence-mega:This is pretty good, big stats, big moves, no need for anything crazy, just works
:metagross-mega:See what I said for Mence.

:kangaskhan-mega:This looks just okay, feels like it still competes a lot with Mega Lopunny who's faster and mostly stronger, but the bulk, U-Turn, and ESpeed give it a little sauce. Also this thing doesn't really need both Slack Off and Milk Drink, I'd just stick with the latter.
:metagross-mega:Aside from adding way too many moves, this is just alright. Levitate is great and the stats look crazy on paper but it kinda just seems like a worse base MegaGross that can go special and outspeed Houndoom. However, I would definitely cut down on those added moves, most of them seem unnecessary, particularly Boomburst, Psystrike, Vacuum Wave, and Stored Power (plus it already learns Magnet Rise).
:salamence-mega:Not a huge fan of this one, mainly because of the ability. Too many effects without it being analog to another ability so it just seems clunky and I'm iffy on the priority Dark moves part. Night Daze or Dark Pulse (which you didn't add but would be one of 2 other options for a Special Dark move) both sound toxic with priority and you're next best bet is Snarl. I recommend making the ability much simpler, like maybe just giving priority to Dark moves (replacing Night Daze with Snarl and adding something like Foul Play or Punishment) or just the Moonlight part (and maybe allowing it to boost its own stats with it, but I'd have to double check with council to see if that's broken).

Be sure to finish these, and remember to be careful with Brain Power. Considering Metagross' bulk and movepool, you probably shouldn't increase its Special Attack or Speed at all if you're gonna give it that.

:metagross-mega:Not too big on Earth Eater on this but otherwise it's fine
:salamence-mega:Pretty inoffensive sub and gives Mence some neat utility, seems fine. Minor, but you could definitely swap Attack and Special Attack here, this thing would never use Dark Pulse on a special set, so it's a tiny bit more likely that the ability would be useful

:salamence-mega:is roaring moon. That speed and power on both sides is kinda concerning when it's not weak to Rocks anymore, perhaps you can lower Speed by like 10.
:metagross-mega:This sub is kinda ridiculous. In its current state I'd likely veto it as Feint and Double Slap are both ridiculous in combination with the ability, but aside from that I'm not a fan of this sub to be honest. The gimmick of making Rapid Spin an actual STAB option feels way too forced with the ability having 2 huge effects, just to achieve something that already exists in the meta in unblockable Rapid Spin (as Mega Gardevoir also has -ate Spin), it's just not it. And, ignoring the brokenness of Double Slap and Feint, at the end of the day this is just an -ate Metagross with extra steps. I'd probably just make the ability into a normal -ate clone, though I will say I've never been a fan of the unblockable Spin concept (despite being the one who made that Gardevoir sub, blame JolteMons for that).

:salamence-mega:I know it's not very bulky, but but Dragon/Steel Levitate immediately gives me flashbacks to Metagon in FERU, which had the same thing and was a huge pain to deal with, so I'd just rather not just have that. Dragon/Steel with those stats is already amazing as is anyway. Also I don't think this'll ever run Wish sets, it's much more offensively inclined and has Roost.
:kangaskhan-mega:Honestly not sure how to feel about this one as of now, on one hand you have 125 Attack Huge Power on all your Normal moves, but on the other hand everything else about it sucks, so I can't tell if this is broken, bad, or somewhere in between.

:kangaskhan-mega: Is Mega Kangaskhan. Not too sure how it'll fare here with Lop competition, every Fighting Mega decking it, and Steels being great but with this one keeping the +2 PuP it might not need another buff.
:salamence-mega:Physical Waters are fun and good hazard control is nice. Overlaps a bit with Gyarados as a DDancing Water but at least it does other stuff, it's alright.

:metagross-mega:Like the other Electric Metagross, this is fine, this one just having an offensive ability instead. Could consider shaking up the stats a little bit to make it more distinct from the other one.

Don't have too much to say about either of these, basically what I said for MegaFlareon's, they're just nice, simple, and functional

Type:

Description: We're trading Tough Claws in Iron Fist, which gives a weaker boost, and is more limited in the moves it boosts.
:metagross-mega:Could be a little scary, Steel/Fighting is a huge upgrade on Steel/Psychic, making the already great MegaGross even better. Aside from that, this overlaps a lot with Mega Lucario, whose viability is already hanging on by a thread, so I'd maybe try a different typing. I do like Iron Fist, though.

And that's it! See you on Monday for veto warnings and a review of any subs that come after this post!

Heh at Water/Electric Sharpedo-Mega winning. It's pretty funny we nuked both Water/Dark Megas back-to-back. Congrats to all who won.

Name: Kangaskhan-Mega
Type: Normal/Ground [Ground type added]
Ability: Parental Bond (nerfed to only apply to non-set damaging moves, with the initial Gen 6 half-damage cap intact.) [EDITED: Now only doesn't apply to set-damage moves instead of only applying to Normal or Ground damaging moves.)
Stats: 105 HP / 135 Atk (+40) / 105 Def (+25) / 040 SpA / 105 SpD (+25) / 100 Spe (+10) (590 BST)
New Moves: Milk Drink
Description: I'm a bit surprised no one did this already, especially with all the Thunder Wave flying around in Gen 6 and the unfortunately official Lopunny-Mega resisting Stealth Rock damage. This is basically canon Kangaskhan-Mega with slightly more Atk and a bit more defenses outside of the new typing and the healing move it feels like it should have already had. Doubled and STAB Bulldoze is rather funny, but outside of Body Slam, there's nothing too abusive it can do with what Parental Bond has now been constrained to here short of intentionally absorbing burn or poison for Facade.

Name: Salamence-Mega
Type: Dragon/Dark [Dark type replaces Flying type]
Ability: Swift Swim
Stats: 095 HP / 140 Atk (+05) / 095 Def (+15) / 155 SpA (+45) / 095 SpD (+15) / 120 Spe (+20) (700 BST)
New Moves: Dark Pulse, Moonlight, U-Turn
Description: Decided to get on the "Roaring Moon at home" train despite disliking that mon for various reasons, not least of which is the fact that its name is completely counter to its flavor and its ability, something only shared by the fellow ancient paradox mon based on a lifeform that literally prefers dampness and darkness. As such, I've decided to go with rain instead of shine here, though that's also in part because STAB 100% Hurricanes from its new SpA would be stupidly oppressive in Rain anyway; it also helpfully doesn't get STAB on Hydro Pump either and is more or less checked, in theory, by all the prominent Fairies, at least STAB-wise. Nothing else much to say here except that giving it Night Daze is tempting if only because I wish Dark Pulse's secondary aspect was basically anything but flinch given the speed of this--so glad that Barraskewda isn't in Gen 6 to have to outspeed, only Floatzel. (Moonlight is basically just there for flavor since it already has Roost.)

Name: Metagross-Mega
Type: Steel/Bug [Bug type replaces Psychic type]
Ability: Tinted Lens
Stats: 080 HP / 145 Atk (+10) / 130 Def / 155 SpA (+60) / 130 SpD (+40) / 060 Spe (-10) (700 BST)
New Moves: Bug Buzz, Future Sight, Rapid Spin, Sticky Web, U-Turn
Description: This is probably my weirdest decision yet, but I figure that since Scizor-Mega is most likely going to remain physically-oriented, there's room for another Steel/Bug Mega, especially given that literally none of the official Steel Megas are specially oriented--the closest is Lucario-Mega's broken self. I figure this is the safest bet since I've always found it odd that the obviously spider-inspired Metagross was Psychic even if it's a supercomputer when it basically never uses its mostly liability Psychic typing for anything anyway; it doesn't even get Recover, which I was tempted to give it until I decided on its bulk--it got Rapid Spin instead. Nothing else much to say at present except that giving this Calm Mind is somewhat tempting--how the hell does it not already get that? (I do wish that Leech Life had been buffed in Gen 6 instead of Gen 7 though, even if that's more of a general concern when we just did Heracross-Mega.)

Last edited:
:xy/kangaskhan-mega:
Typing:

Ability: Parental Bond
(Special moves hit twice, with the first attack being 50% as powerful.)
HP: 105
Atk: 95 --> 85 (-10)
Def: 80 --> 105 (+25)
SpA: 40 --> 100 (+60)
SpD: 80 --> 105 (+25)
Spe:
New Moves: Hyper Voice, Echoed Voice.
Description: We don't have a mon in the meta who currently uses special normal types moves and I am kinda out of ideas so here is this. Two biggest changes are that it now only comes from Kanga's special movepool and that her baby hits first, which makes it way better at fighting opponents with substitute. Going special we lose a bit of the good traits Kanga has as a mon, but it makes it up for it with her gen 1 normal type move pool. Hyper voice is a reliable damage option while echoed voice inmediately makes you a huge treat and snowballer.

Yoshiblaze

ye
We're 24 hours away from subs closing, so here's that 2nd sub review as promised!

This'll cover the two posts after the initial sub review + any older subs that I decided to comment on + veto warnings

:sm/Salamence-Mega:
Type: Flying/Fairy
Ability: Gale Wings
Stats: 95 HP / 135 Atk / 87 Def / 160 SpA / 120 SpD / 103 Spe [700 BST]
New Moves: Calm Mind, Moonblast
Description: Bagon wants to fly, Salamence flies, my mega rules the sky. A moderately fast breaker, with enormous coverage and a mixed option.
:salamence-mega:Gen 6 Gale Wings on something with actual stats is pretty insane, so this would get vetoed. Remember, Gale Wings is enough to make Talonflame a more than viable mon with its poor stats and no Heavy-Duty Boots. You should probably change it to Gen 7 Gale Wings, but even that might still be broken as priority Hurricane off of 160 SpA is also insane even if you have to. Also not part of the veto warning, but I would like to see an explanation for replacing the primary type.
Type: Steel
Ability: Heavy Industry (Moves with 30 or less base power have their power tripled. Normal type moves become Steel-type and have x1.2 power. Modifiers applied in given order.)
Stats: 80 HP / 145 Atk / 145 Def / 90 SpA / 139 SpD / 96 Spe
Movepool Changes: + Rapid Spin, Feint, Triple Kick, Double Slap,
Competitive Value: Big honking rapid spin. Heavy Industry turns rapid spin into a consistent STAB, allowing you to keep up momentum while removing hazards, in addition to preventing ghosts from spinblocking. Other attacks become even stronger STABs, for example, 108 bp Feint, 122.4 bp Return, 144 bp Double Edge, and 300 bp Explosion if you’re feeling insane, and a Double Slap with up to 270 bp. He is also a bulky boy so take many hits. Pure Steel because I don’t want dark weak and another STAB is probby to stronk
:metagross-mega:Already gave my thoughts on this in the first sub review, but here's the formal veto warning for it. The ability makes Double Slap and Feint pretty ridiculous, I'd recommend just making the ability a Steel -ate.

Now for the non-veto reviews:
Heh at Water/Electric Sharpedo-Mega winning. It's pretty funny we nuked both Water/Dark Megas back-to-back. Congrats to all who won.

Ability: Parental Bond (nerfed to only apply to Normal-and-Ground-type damaging moves, with the initial half-damage cap.)
Stats: 105 HP / 135 Atk (+40) / 105 Def (+25) / 040 SpA / 105 SpD (+25) / 100 Spe (+10) (590 BST)
Description: I'm a bit surprised no one did this already, especially with all the Thunder Wave flying around in Gen 6 and the unfortunately official Lopunny-Mega resisting Stealth Rock damage. This is basically canon Kangaskhan-Mega with slightly more Atk and a bit more defenses outside of the new typing and the healing move it feels like it should have already had. Doubled and STAB Bulldoze is rather funny, but outside of Body Slam, there's nothing too abusive it can do with what Parental Bond has now been constrained to here short of intentionally absorbing burn or poison for Facade.

Stats: 095 HP / 140 Atk (+05) / 095 Def (+15) / 155 SpA (+45) / 095 SpD (+15) / 120 Spe (+20) (700 BST)
Description: Decided to get on the "Roaring Moon at home" train despite disliking that mon for various reasons, not least of which is the fact that its name is completely counter to its flavor and its ability, something only shared by the fellow ancient paradox mon based on a lifeform that literally prefers dampness and darkness. As such, I've decided to go with rain instead of shine here, though that's also in part because STAB 100% Hurricanes from its new SpA would be stupidly oppressive in Rain anyway; it also helpfully doesn't get STAB on Hydro Pump either and is more or less checked, in theory, by all the prominent Fairies, at least STAB-wise. Nothing else much to say here except that giving it Night Daze is tempting if only because I wish Dark Pulse's secondary aspect was basically anything but flinch given the speed of this--so glad that Barraskewda isn't in Gen 6 to have to outspeed, only Floatzel. (Moonlight is basically just there for flavor since it already has Roost.)

Stats: 080 HP / 145 Atk (+10) / 130 Def / 155 SpA (+60) / 130 SpD (+40) / 060 Spe (-10) (700 BST)
Description: This is probably my weirdest decision yet, but I figure that since Scizor-Mega is most likely going to remain physically-oriented, there's room for another Steel/Bug Mega, especially given that literally none of the official Steel Megas are specially oriented--the closest is Lucario-Mega's broken self. I figure this is the safest bet since I've always found it odd that the obviously spider-inspired Metagross was Psychic even if it's a supercomputer when it basically never uses its mostly liability Psychic typing for anything anyway; it doesn't even get Recover, which I was tempted to give it until I decided on its bulk--it got Rapid Spin instead. Nothing else much to say at present except that giving this Calm Mind is somewhat tempting--how the hell does it not already get that? (I do wish that Leech Life had been buffed in Gen 6 instead of Gen 7 though, even if that's more of a general concern when we just did Heracross-Mega.)
:kangaskhan-mega:Seems pretty alright, very similar to what I was thinking of doing for Kanga, adding the Ground-typing and recovery is great for it. You could probably get away with just making it so Parental Bond doesn't work on set damage moves so it can still abuse Power-Up Punch and Sucker Punch but it's up to you.
:salamence-mega:Is a big Hydreigon. Similar to BreloomBuddy's Salamence, I'm slightly concerned about that Speed with that power on both sides, but it might be fine.
:metagross-mega:Not super sure how I feel about it, but it's undeniably unique.

Typing:

Spe:
Description: We don't have a mon in the meta who currently uses special normal types moves and I am kinda out of ideas so here is this. Two biggest changes are that it now only comes from Kanga's special movepool and that her baby hits first, which makes it way better at fighting opponents with substitute. Going special we lose a bit of the good traits Kanga has as a mon, but it makes it up for it with her gen 1 normal type move pool. Hyper voice is a reliable damage option while echoed voice inmediately makes you a huge treat and snowballer.
:kangaskhan-mega:Funny Echoed Voice. Quite weak aside of that, though, the limited amount of stat points you have to play with to enable a SpA Kanga really hurts here.

See you in 24 hours for voting!

Yoshiblaze

ye
Type:

Ability: Parental Bond (Gen 6 effects (second hit deals 50% damage unlike what the following link says), no longer works on set damage moves, now works on Fling, Uproar, Rollout, Ice Ball, and two-turn moves)
Stats: 105 / 115 (+20) / 120 (+40) / 40 / 120 (+40) / 90 [590 BST]
New Moves: Gunk Shot, Milk Drink, Pursuit, Beat Up
Description: Even with how broken Parental Bond is, Kangaskhan needs a lot to make it work in a metagame with a billion good Fighting-types and Mega Lopunny. I decided to stick with vanilla Parental Bond, just making it not effect set damage moves, as I feel like Kangaskhan really wants to keep Power-Up Punch as a pseudo-Swords Dance, especially since I went with a bulkier, less powerful spread, so having as many options as possible available is appreciated. To differentiate it from Lopunny, I leaned in to one of its more noted traits in VGC, where it didn't use Seismic Toss but rather strong priority in Fake Out and Sucker Punch in conjunction with Power-Up Punch. Dark STAB makes Sucker Punch an absolute nuke. Even off just 115 Attack, which is normally pathetic for a Mega, it's a 180 BP priority move after STAB, that's nothing to sneeze at. This means that you have to tread very carefully around it lest you get thrown in a gauntlet of mind games. Kangaskhan's great bulk and Milk Drink give it plenty of opportunities to click either Sucker or Power-Up Punch, while its movepool is rounded out with all the coverage you'd ever need, plus cool options in Pursuit and a Crunch that can drop Defense twice. Of course, Kang will still face a fair number of troubles, being that faster Fighting-types are everywhere, reliance on Sucker Punch, being pretty weak initially, and competition with other Dark breakers like Bisharp and Mega Absol.
Kangaskhan (F) @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out / Milk Drink / Crunch
- Double-Edge
- Sucker Punch
- Power-Up Punch

Type:

Ability: Confidence - Boosts this Pokemon's Special Attack by one stage after attacking and KOing a foe
Stats: 95 / 135 / 105 (+25) / 155 (+45) / 105 (+25) / 105 (+5) [700 BST]
New Moves: Hurricane, Air Slash, Iron Head
Description: Pretty simple, it's just a a big stat Dragon with a fun but not crazy ability. Leans into Salamence's special attacking side more, as despite being tied for the highest Attack of all pseudos until Baxcalibur happened, Mence has always been the best Special Attacker of the group, at least until USUM Kommo-o. It's on the slower side, so it's not gonna be sweeping on the Special side without help from webs or something, while DDance sets can sweep while also packing a Fire Blast, Hurricane, or Draco in the back for physically bulky checks. Plus, its bulk makes it a decent Defogger in a pinch.
Salamence @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hurricane
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Roost / Dragon Dance

Salamence @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Fire Blast

Type:

Ability: Electric Surge
Stats: 80 / 150 (+15) / 150 (+20) / 95 / 115 (+25) / 110 (+40) [700 BST]
New Moves: Thunderbolt, Thunder, Wild Charge
Description: Probably the last mon that we could give Electric Surge and it'd make sense (please don't vote it just because of that though, only if you genuinely really like this). Anyway, this trades the general helpfulness of Tough Claws for the less helpful for Metagross but the more helpful for the team Electric Surge. Metagross' stat spread is so ridiculous that it's guaranteed to be viable, even if this is a bit of a nerf from base.
Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Wild Charge / Zen Headbutt
- Hammer Arm
- Ice Punch / Bullet Punch / Pursuit

Last edited:

Yoshiblaze

ye
Voting time for the 11th time!

Voting Rules can be found below:
After the submission phase is over, voting will begin. This mod will be using the same voting system as Book of Enigmas, where you can vote for as many submissions as you want, with each submission getting a certain number of points based on how you ranked it. An example can be seen below.
For a slate with Mega Beedrill, Mega Lopunny, and Mega Pidgeot, for example, a ballot would look like this:
Beedrill: User 1, User 2, User 3
Lopunny: User 4, User 5, User 6
Pidgeot: User 7, User 8, User 9

With this ballot, Submission 1 for Mega Beedrill would get 3 points, Submission 2 would get 2, and Submission 3 would get 1. The same goes for Submissions 4, 5, and 6 in the Lopunny category and Submissions 7, 8, and 9 in the Pidgeot category, with them getting 3, 2, and 1 point respectively.

You can add as many submissions are you'd like after your third vote, with each one getting 1 point.
Pidgeot: User 7, User 8, User 9, User 10, User 11
So, in this ballot, Submissions 10 and 11 would also get 1 point in the Pidgeot category.

You can vote for your own submission, but it can't be in first place or your only vote in that category. Be sure to mark your self-vote by putting (SV) after it.
Beedrill: User 12 (SV), User 2, User 3
This wouldn't be a legal ballot as the self-vote is in first place in the Beedrill category

Beedrill: User 12 (SV)
This also wouldn't be a legal ballot as the self-vote is the only vote in the Beedrill category

Beedrill: User 2, User 12 (SV)
Lopunny: User 4, User 12 (SV), User 6
Pidgeot: User 7, User 8, User 12 (SV), User 10, User 11
This is a legal ballot because none of the self-votes are in first place or the only vote in a category.

If you vote for only 2 submissions in a category, the first place submission gets 2 points and the second place submission gets 1 point. If you vote for just one, then that submission gets 1 point.
Beedrill: User 1 (1 point)
Lopunny: User 4 (2 points), User 5 (1 point)
Pidgeot: User 7 (3 points), User 8 (2 points), User 9 (1 point), User 10 (1 point), User 11 (1 point)
The submission with the most points in a category will be added to the mod. For every Mega, you will also have the option to vote for the original Mega Evolution if you aren't a fan of any of the submissions. However, this can't be done for Pokemon whose original Megas were banned to Ubers.
For most slates, the next submission phase will start immediately after voting ends for the previous slate. The long submission phase will still give ample time for discussion and playtesting during the week so you can adjust your submissions. However, every 3 slates or so, one or more roomtours will be held so we can see what state the metagame is in. This may result in winning submissions being nerfed or buffed, depending on what we learn. Buffs and nerfs (mostly nerfs) can also happen at any other time as we learn stuff between roomtours.
All submissions are eligible for voting except for the following:
Turtlek's Salamence (Gale Wings)
Orignal Mega Salamence (Uber)
Original Mega Kangaskhan (Uber)

Voting will end in 24 hours!
If your submission isn't here and wasn't vetoed then let me know!
:sm/Kangaskhan-Mega:
Type: Normal/Fighting
Ability: Parental Bond: Kangaskhan's increased priority moves strike twice, but the second hit strikes only at 50% power.
Stats: 105 HP / 145 Atk / 100 Def / 50 SpA / 100 SpD / 90 Spe [590 BST] (+50 Atk, +20 Def, +10 SpA, +20 SpD)
New Moves: Quick Attack, Mach Punch, Bullet Punch
Description: Baby Kangaskhan still helps her mother in battle, but only when using priority moves. This makes Kangaskhan a great anti-offense Pokémon, taking out weakened sweepers and such. Mega Kangaskhan gets an increased Attack stat to compensate from the loss of wallbreaking power provided by OG Parental Bond, while also making its priority moves even more threatening. The additional Fighting typing gives it more power to counter bulky Steels, while also giving it STAB on Drain Punch, Mach Punch, and Hammer Arm. Bullet Punch gives it priority coverage for Fairies.
:xy/Kangaskhan-Mega:
Typing: Normal
Ability: Technician
Stats: 105 HP/120 ATK/100 DEF/50 SPA/100 SPDEF/115 SPE
New Moves: Mach Punch, Extreme Speed, U-Turn, Slack Off, Dual Chop, Tail Slap, Milk Drink
Description: This revamped Mega Kangaskhan is fairly weak compared to the original but has a few nice perks such as a better speed tier. It's new ability also lets its Fake Out hit pretty hard. It also gains reliable recovery which is always useful. It can also use its wide variety of coverage to lure and kill many potent threats. 60 BP Power-Up Punch is pretty sweet too. Unfortunately it is held back by its relative lack of power and middling typing.
Type:

Ability: Parental Bond* (Nomal-moves from this Pokémon hit twice.)
Stats: 105 / 125 (+30) / 90 (+10) / 90 (+50) / 90 (+10) / 90 [590 BST]
New Moves: —
Description: By removing the problematic options from mega-kang's toolkit (mainly PuP and seismic toss), it loses what made it problematic in OU. The reworked ability trades that for batshit nuclear normal STABs. The fact that it's only that that makes it threatening makes it easier to check though, especially since ghost type is straight up immune to it. It also trades bulk and speed for a usable special attack, letting it be more creative with how to deal with its checks (it gets fire coverage for skarm for instance) while being easier to check offensively.
Type: Normal
Ability: Parental Bond (original effects + fixed damage is also halved)
Stats: 105 / 125 (+30) / 100 (+20) / 60 (+20) / 100 (+20) / 100 (+10) | 590
New Moves: Close Combat
Description: mega kang but not broken.
Ability: Parental Bond (nerfed to only apply to non-set damaging moves, with the initial Gen 6 half-damage cap intact.) [EDITED: Now only doesn't apply to set-damage moves instead of only applying to Normal or Ground damaging moves.)
Typing:

Spe:
Type:

Ability: Parental Bond (Gen 6 effects (second hit deals 50% damage unlike what the following link says), no longer works on set damage moves, now works on Fling, Uproar, Rollout, Ice Ball, and two-turn moves)
Stats: 105 / 115 (+20) / 120 (+40) / 40 / 120 (+40) / 90 [590 BST]
New Moves: Gunk Shot, Milk Drink, Pursuit, Beat Up
Description: Even with how broken Parental Bond is, Kangaskhan needs a lot to make it work in a metagame with a billion good Fighting-types and Mega Lopunny. I decided to stick with vanilla Parental Bond, just making it not effect set damage moves, as I feel like Kangaskhan really wants to keep Power-Up Punch as a pseudo-Swords Dance, especially since I went with a bulkier, less powerful spread, so having as many options as possible available is appreciated. To differentiate it from Lopunny, I leaned in to one of its more noted traits in VGC, where it didn't use Seismic Toss but rather strong priority in Fake Out and Sucker Punch in conjunction with Power-Up Punch. Dark STAB makes Sucker Punch an absolute nuke. Even off just 115 Attack, which is normally pathetic for a Mega, it's a 180 BP priority move after STAB, that's nothing to sneeze at. This means that you have to tread very carefully around it lest you get thrown in a gauntlet of mind games. Kangaskhan's great bulk and Milk Drink give it plenty of opportunities to click either Sucker or Power-Up Punch, while its movepool is rounded out with all the coverage you'd ever need, plus cool options in Pursuit and a Crunch that can drop Defense twice. Of course, Kang will still face a fair number of troubles, being that faster Fighting-types are everywhere, reliance on Sucker Punch, being pretty weak initially, and competition with other Dark breakers like Bisharp and Mega Absol.
:sm/Salamence-Mega:
Type: Dragon/Flying
Ability: Super Luck
Stats: 95 HP / 145 Atk / 100 Def / 150 SpA / 100 SpD / 110 Spe [700 BST] (+10 Atk, +20 Def, +40 SpA, +20 SpD, +10 Spe)
New Moves: None
Description: I think the best way to balance Megas with very high BST is to significantly boost its lower offensive stat significantly, to prevent the Mega's stats from being too optimized. The significant Special Attack boost turns Mega Salamence into a equally effective mixed attacker, which can be hard for the opponent to predict since Salamence has a wide movepool on both sides. Mega Salamence's stats are so high enough that it doesn't need a powerful ability so Super Luck is a good enough ability give Salamence extra critical hit chances and break down bulky sweepers. Focus Energy + Super Luck combo could also be a fun strategy to try out.
:xy/Salamence-Mega:
Typing: Dragon/Water
Ability: Blood Moon (+1 Priority on all dark moves, Highest stat boosted by 1 stage if Moonlight is used by a Pokemon other than itself, loses 1/8th HP every turn in sun, takes double damage from fire,fairy moves)
Stats: 95 HP/125 ATK/120 DEF/150 SPA/85 SPDEF/125 SPE
New Moves: Night Daze, Moonlight, Moonblast, Scald
Description: More specially oriented but with a gimmicky ability with drawbacks as well as benefits. Bit faster than original Mega Mence but hits less hard. Scald access is nice alongside priority Hone Claws for setup, though Dragon Dance is probably still better.
(I now have a newfound appreciation for how hard it is to balance a 700 BST mega, no wonder all of them were either terrible or amazing)
Type:
1681895274882.png
1681895578938.png

Ability: Blood Crescent
Custom Ability
: If the opponent gets knocked out by a Dark type move, the next super-effective attack is halved.
Stats: 95 / 150 / 100 / 145 / 100 / 110 [BST:700]
New Moves: +Dark Pulse, +Night Slash, +Pursuit, +Knock Off
Description: Mixed attacker that can really surprise the opponent.
:roaring moon::sm/salamence-mega::roaring moon:
Type: Dragon / Dark
Ability: Protosynthesis (While Sun is active, highest stat is x1.3, x1.5 if speed)
Stats: 95 HP / 149 Atk / 95 Def / 137 SpA / 105 SpD / 119 Spe BST-700
New Moves: no
Description: :roaring moon: but bigger and less coverage, no pivoting.
Type:

Ability: Levitate (wip)
Stats: 95 / 155 (+20) / 110 (+30) / 140 (+30) / 100 (+20) / 100 [700 BST]
New Moves: –
Description: Everyone's doing simili-Roaring Moons, but I hate gen 9 visceraly so I will not do that! This mega tries to make Salamence's defensive traits shine, which is paradoxical with a 155/140/100 offensive statline. Dragon/Steel with levitate is an incredible typing, leaving mence with only a single weakness to Fighting. This translates into either enough inital survivability to set up some dragon dances or into letting work as a very solid defoger able to check/counter the most common stealth rockers in garchomp and the driller (sometimes). To compensate that, it's stuck at a very awkward initial speed tier and its not that difficult to check defensively (it's steel STABs are either steel wing or iron tail).
Type: Dragon / Water
Stats: 95 / 135 / 130 (+50) / 130 (+20) / 90 (+10) / 120 (+20) | 700
New Moves: Waterfall, Surf, Scald
Description: pretty good hazard control due to beating a majority of setters such as drill, gliscor, heatran, lando, etc.
:sv/salamence-mega:
Type:

Ability: Neuroforce
Stats: 95 / 135 (+0) / 135 (+55) / 135 (+25) / 90 (+10) / 110 (+10)
New Moves: U-turn
Description: Main draw is its suite of coverage combined with Neuroforce, which makes it very dangerous while unrevealed. Can run special/mixed with Draco, U-turn, and some combination of Fire Blast, EQ, Dragon Pulse, Hydro Pump, Iron Tail, Roost, etc.; physical with Dragon Dance, Earthquake, and whatever coverage; defensive with U-turn, Roost, utility, and an offensive tool to keep it from being passive; and likely more.

Main drawback comes in the form of 4MSS; special set needs Draco and U-turn for reliable STAB and pivoting respectively, which leaves it only two slots to fit Fire Blast for Ferro, EQ for Heatran, Roost for longevity, Iron Tail for Clef, etc. Once its moves have been revealed, it becomes significantly less threatening. Also suffers from weaknesses to Stealth Rock and Ice Beam, and a crowded speed tier.
Type:

Ability: Confidence - Boosts this Pokemon's Special Attack by one stage after attacking and KOing a foe
Description: Pretty simple, it's just a a big stat Dragon with a fun but not crazy ability. Leans into Salamence's special attacking side more, as despite being tied for the highest Attack of all pseudos until Baxcalibur happened, Mence has always been the best Special Attacker of the group, at least until USUM Kommo-o. It's on the slower side, so it's not gonna be sweeping on the Special side without help from webs or something, while DDance sets can sweep while also packing a Fire Blast, Hurricane, or Draco in the back for physically bulky checks. Plus, its bulk makes it a decent Defogger in a pinch.
:sm/Metagross-Mega:
Type: Steel/Psychic
Ability: Analytic
Stats: 80 HP / 150 Atk / 160 Def / 120 SpA / 120 SpD / 70 Spe [700 BST] (+15 Atk, +30 Def, +25 SpA, +30 SpD)
New Moves: None
Description: Analytic takes advantage of Mega Metagross' low Speed, allowing it to hit incredibly hard whenever it moves last. Its good defensive typing also allows it to force switches and get opportunities to fire Analytic-boosted attacks. Its stellar bulk also and Poison immunity gives it a lot of survivability in battle.
:xy/Metagross-Mega:
Typing: Steel/Psychic
Stats: 80 HP/135 ATK/130 DEF/135 SPA/100 SPDEF/120 SPE
New Moves: Vacuum Wave, Earth Power, Stored Power, Boomburst, Spikes, Volt Switch, Psystrike, Thunderbolt, Magnet Rise
Description: Mega-Metagross is now a mixed attacker (RSE Nostalgia), it has a ton of powerful options on both the physical and special side and can run mixed sets too. Its boosted speed also serves it well, though it misses the loss in power. It can also now find better switch in opportunities with Levitate. But it suffers from a loss in power and lacks setup moves which force it to rely on its natural offenses, its offensive typing isn't amazing either.
Type:
1681946374703.png
1681946862869.png

Ability: Earth Eater
Stats
: 80 / 145 / 150 / 105 / 120 / 100 [BST:700]
New Moves: +Volt Switch, +Elemental Punches, +Sky Uppercut, +Wild Charge
Description: An ability that's powerful, but not too powerful.
Type: Steel
Ability: Heavy Industry (Normal type moves become Steel-type and have x1.2 power.)
Stats: 80 HP / 145 Atk / 145 Def / 90 SpA / 139 SpD / 96 Spe
Movepool Changes: + Rapid Spin, Feint, Triple Kick, Double Slap,
Competitive Value:

Type:
Steel
Electric

Ability: Reckless
Stats: 80 HP / 140 Atk / 140 Def / 100 SpA / 125 SpD / 115 Spe [700 BST]
New Moves: Volt Switch, Fire Punch, Volt Tackle
Description: metagross heavily dents things w/ reckless volt tackle. however, this leads to it taking loads of recoil, meaning it won't last long in most matches. it also has a nasty 4x ground weakness. still, i bumped down its atk a bit just incase its power w/o the nerf is too much. 115 speed outspeeds mega pinsir and mega gengar.
:sv/metagross-mega:
Type:

Ability: Filter
Stats: 80 / 140 (+5) / 140 (+10) / 140 (+45) / 120 (+30) / 80 (+10)
New Moves: Thunderbolt
Description: Strong mixed attacker with strong defensive profile. Not much is gonna be able to 1v1 a healthy Mega Meta, and switching around it while it's unrevealed is a risky venture, forcing opponents to scout and wear it down through careful play.
Type:

Type:

Ability: Electric Surge
Stats: 80 / 150 (+15) / 150 (+20) / 95 / 110 (+20) / 110 (+40) [700 BST]
New Moves: Thunderbolt, Thunder
Description: Probably the last mon that we could give Electric Surge and it'd make sense (please don't vote it just because of that though, only if you genuinely really like this). Anyway, this trades the general helpfulness of Tough Claws for the less helpful for Metagross but the more helpful for the team Electric Surge. Metagross' stat spread is so ridiculous that it's guaranteed to be viable, even if this is a bit of a nerf from base.

LOrd Fernado

I COULD BE BANNED!
:kangaskhan-mega: MegaFlareon, The Damned, Gravity Monkey
:salamence-mega: MegaFlareon, LOrd Fernado, Dragonitebestboi
:metagross-mega: Yoshiblaze, LOrd Fernado, Original

Last edited:
I'm unsure what I feel dumber about: forgetting that we still hadn't done Electric Surge or forgetting that Salamence doesn't have Hurricane in Gen 6. Either way, here is my Top 5 as ever when I actually am on time to vote:

:kangaskhan-mega: Kangaskhan-Megas: Yoshiblaze, Gekokeso, The Damned (SV), MegaFlareon, Dragonitebestboi
:salamence-mega: Salamence-Megas: Yoshiblaze, Gravity Monkey, BreloomBuddy, LOrd Fernando, Tanny89k
:metagross-mega: Metagross-Megas: BreloomBuddy, Yoshiblaze, Swagodile, MegaFlareon, TheDamned (SV)

Yoshiblaze

ye
Kangaskhan: anaconja, Yoshiblaze (SV), The Damned
Salamence: Tanny89k, MegaFlareon, Yoshiblaze (SV), anaconja, LOrd Fernado
Metagross: Original, Tanny89k, MegaFlareon, chemicalmines

Last edited:

anaconja

long day at job
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Kangaskhan: the damned, anaconja, yoshiblaze
Salamence: gravity monkey, anaconja, yoshiblaze
Metagross: yoshiblaze, original, megaflareon

Yoshiblaze

ye
Results!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kangaskhan
MegaFlareon - 3 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 8
The Damned - 2 + 3 + 2 + 3 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 3 = 17
Gravity Monkey - 1 + 1 + 1 = 3
anaconja - 1 + 3 + 1 + 1 + 3 + 2 = 11
Yoshiblaze - 1 + 1 + 3 + 2 + 1 = 8
Dragonebestboi - 1 + 3 + 1 = 5
Gekokeso - 2 = 2

Salamence
MegaFlareon - 3 + 3 + 2 + 2 = 10
LOrd Fernado - 2 + 1 + 3 + 1 + 1 = 8
Dragonitebestboi - 1 = 1
Tanny89k - 2 + 3 + 1 + 1 + 3 = 10
Yoshiblaze - 1 + 2 + 3 + 3 + 1 + 1 = 11
anaconja - 1 + 1 + 3 + 1 + 2 = 8
Gravity Monkey - 2 + 1 + 3 + 2 = 8
The Damned - 1 + 3 = 4
BreloomBuddy - 2 + 1 = 3

Metagross
Yoshiblaze - 3 + 1 + 2 + 3 = 9
LOrd Fernado - 2 + 1 = 3
Original - 1 + 1 + 3 + 3 + 2 = 10
MegaFlareon - 3 + 1 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 9
Tanny89k - 2 + 3 + 2 = 7
chemicalmines - 2 + 2 + 1 = 5
BreloomBuddy - 1 + 3 = 4
Swagodile - 1 + 1 + 1 = 3
The Damned - 3 + 1 = 4

Congratulations to The Damned for winning Kangaskhan and Yoshiblaze for winning Salamence! Additionally, the original Mega Metagross won as well!
Type:

This slate is another multiple of 3, which means we have roomtours this weekend! We have a LOT of work to do this time around, so I hope to see you guys there at 4 PM EST on Saturday and Sunday!

That's all for now, see you then!

Yoshiblaze

ye
Hello!

A quick reminder that tomorrow at 4 PM EST (or whenever the Alternatium EX playtesting roomtours end, if they go long) is the first playtesting roomtour of the weekend!

I meant to announce this early, but for this roomtour only, only Megas from from Slates 10, 11, and 12 will be allowed! This guarantees that we get to see these specifc Megas in action, especially since we haven't seen used as of now. The Sunday roomtour will have all Megas legal as normal.

That's all for now, see you tomorrow!

Yoshiblaze

ye
Very fun tournament today (and not just because of the result)! Let's see what happened.

Tour 9 - Round Robin - Slate 10-12 Megas Only - 6 Entrants
1st
: Yoshiblaze
2nd: The Damned
3rd: Gekokeso
4th: lepton
[Gen 6] Megas Revisited (Slate 10-12 Megas Only) Roomtour Usage Stats

Code:
+ ---- + ------------------ + ---- + ------- + ------- +
| Rank | Pokemon            | Use  | Usage % |  Win %  |
| 1    | Clefable           |   15 |  57.69% |  46.67% |
| 2    | Rotom-Wash         |    9 |  34.62% |  55.56% |
| 2    | Excadrill          |    9 |  34.62% |  55.56% |
| 4    | Landorus-Therian   |    8 |  30.77% |  50.00% |
| 5    | Starmie            |    7 |  26.92% |  57.14% |
| 6    | Gengar             |    6 |  23.08% |  50.00% |
| 6    | Latios             |    6 |  23.08% |   0.00% |
| 8    | Serperior          |    5 |  19.23% |  80.00% |
| 8    | Gyarados           |    5 |  19.23% |  60.00% |
| 8    | Ferrothorn         |    5 |  19.23% |  60.00% |
| 8    | Kangaskhan         |    5 |  19.23% |  60.00% |
| 8    | Keldeo             |    5 |  19.23% |  40.00% |
| 13   | Weavile            |    4 |  15.38% |  50.00% |
| 13   | Heatran            |    4 |  15.38% |  25.00% |
| 13   | Sharpedo           |    4 |  15.38% |   0.00% |
| 16   | Metagross          |    3 |  11.54% | 100.00% |
| 16   | Salamence          |    3 |  11.54% |  66.67% |
| 16   | Tornadus-Therian   |    3 |  11.54% |  66.67% |
| 16   | Thundurus          |    3 |  11.54% |  66.67% |
| 16   | Tyranitar          |    3 |  11.54% |  33.33% |
| 16   | Gallade            |    3 |  11.54% |  33.33% |
| 16   | Shuckle            |    3 |  11.54% |  33.33% |
| 16   | Talonflame         |    3 |  11.54% |  33.33% |
| 16   | Heracross          |    3 |  11.54% |   0.00% |
| 25   | Chansey            |    2 |   7.69% | 100.00% |
| 25   | Mienshao           |    2 |   7.69% | 100.00% |
| 25   | Tangrowth          |    2 |   7.69% |  50.00% |
| 25   | Garchomp           |    2 |   7.69% |  50.00% |
| 25   | Empoleon           |    2 |   7.69% |  50.00% |
| 25   | Ampharos           |    2 |   7.69% |  50.00% |
| 25   | Amoonguss          |    2 |   7.69% |  50.00% |
| 25   | Scizor             |    2 |   7.69% |  50.00% |
| 25   | Diggersby          |    2 |   7.69% |   0.00% |
| 25   | Breloom            |    2 |   7.69% |   0.00% |
| 25   | Magnezone          |    2 |   7.69% |   0.00% |
| 36   | Gliscor            |    1 |   3.85% | 100.00% |
| 36   | Gardevoir          |    1 |   3.85% | 100.00% |
| 36   | Manaphy            |    1 |   3.85% | 100.00% |
| 36   | Golurk             |    1 |   3.85% | 100.00% |
| 36   | Bisharp            |    1 |   3.85% | 100.00% |
| 36   | Thundurus-Therian  |    1 |   3.85% | 100.00% |
| 36   | Hydreigon          |    1 |   3.85% | 100.00% |
| 36   | Volcarona          |    1 |   3.85% | 100.00% |
| 36   | Latias             |    1 |   3.85% | 100.00% |
| 36   | Goodra             |    1 |   3.85% |   0.00% |
Leads

Code:
+ ---- + ----------------------- + ---- + ------- + ------- +
| Rank | Leads                   | Use  | Usage % |  Win %  |
| 1    | Shuckle                 |    3 |  11.54% |  33.33% |
| 2    | Kangaskhan              |    2 |   7.69% | 100.00% |
| 2    | Mienshao                |    2 |   7.69% | 100.00% |
| 2    | Landorus-Therian        |    2 |   7.69% | 100.00% |
| 2    | Gallade                 |    2 |   7.69% |  50.00% |
| 2    | Tornadus-Therian        |    2 |   7.69% |  50.00% |
| 2    | Ampharos                |    2 |   7.69% |  50.00% |
| 2    | Keldeo                  |    2 |   7.69% |  50.00% |
| 2    | Tyranitar               |    2 |   7.69% |   0.00% |
| 10   | Clefable                |    1 |   3.85% | 100.00% |
| 10   | Heatran                 |    1 |   3.85% | 100.00% |
| 10   | Heracross               |    1 |   3.85% |   0.00% |
| 10   | Ferrothorn              |    1 |   3.85% |   0.00% |
| 10   | Excadrill               |    1 |   3.85% |   0.00% |
| 10   | Serperior               |    1 |   3.85% |   0.00% |
| 10   | Magnezone               |    1 |   3.85% |   0.00% |

Some Quick Takeaways:
- Clefable with 15 uses. I know Gen 6 Clefable is a ridiculous mon but dang, we're out here making Clef look like Gen 9 Great Tusk. Though, to be fair, it truly feels like it sometimes. A bit of a side effect to limiting the Mega pool to get data on newer Megas is that a lot of the Megas that threaten Clef are taken away, making it better by proxy.
- Shuckle being the most common lead is pretty funny, people loved Webs in this tour. It only went 1-2, but still.
- Gengar getting 6 uses despite not being able to Mega Evolve in this tour is pretty interesting. I will say that Scarf Thunderbolt Gengar is a really neat tech that can soft check the terrifying Mega Gyarados.
- For other interesting picks, we had Goodra, Golurk, Defensive non-Mega Salamence, Empoleon, Diggersby, Guts Flame Orb Heracross (which was used more than the legal Mega Heracross), and Mienshao. They each had varying degrees of success, with Mienshao have the best showing at 2-0, though being on a team with Mega Gyarados certainly helped.
- As for the legal Megas, almost all of them had a bit of a showcase actually:
-- The only one that wasn't used was Aggron, with the rest having at least 2 uses except for Heracross and Gardevoir's 1.
-- Heracross, Gallade, and Ampharos didn't get to do much when they were brought
-- Sharpedo had a bit more room to show off what it could do but was a bit too weak to pull through in both of its games
-- Gardevoir was only brought once, but it had a pretty great showing in its one game, netting a couple important KOs
-- Salamence had an up and down day, with one good showing, one somewhat disappointing one, and another good one but as a non-Mega.
-- The rest, Kangaskhan, Gyarados, and Metagross, and had a great day, ESPECIALLY the former two. We already knew that Gyarados was one of, if not the best Mega in the full metagame, so it's not a surprise that it did great here. It did need a crit to win one of its games, but still, it more than delivered. Kangaskhan also had a great day, getting a sweep and cleaning up multiple other games. We'll have to see if Kangaskhan's amazing day was a fluke or if it's just as terrifying when the Slate 1-9 Megas are involved.

And that's it! Tomorrow at 4 PM EST we'll have the second roomtour of the weekend, where all released Megas will be legal once again! See you then!

Yoshiblaze

ye
The second tournament of the weekend took place today, so you know what time it is!

Tour 10 - Double Round Robin - 3 Entrants
1st: Gravity Monkey
1st: The Damned
3rd: Gekokeso
[Gen 6] Megas Revisited Roomtour Usage Stats

Code:
| Rank | Pokemon            | Use  | Usage % |  Win %  |
| 1    | Ferrothorn         |    4 |  33.33% |  75.00% |
| 1    | Tornadus-Therian   |    4 |  33.33% |  75.00% |
| 1    | Clefable           |    4 |  33.33% |  50.00% |
| 1    | Gengar             |    4 |  33.33% |  50.00% |
| 5    | Jirachi            |    3 |  25.00% |  33.33% |
| 5    | Garchomp           |    3 |  25.00% |  33.33% |
| 5    | Serperior          |    3 |  25.00% |  33.33% |
| 5    | Starmie            |    3 |  25.00% |  33.33% |
| 9    | Kangaskhan         |    2 |  16.67% | 100.00% |
| 9    | Volcarona          |    2 |  16.67% |  50.00% |
| 9    | Heatran            |    2 |  16.67% |  50.00% |
| 9    | Zapdos             |    2 |  16.67% |  50.00% |
| 9    | Salamence          |    2 |  16.67% |  50.00% |
| 9    | Politoed           |    2 |  16.67% |  50.00% |
| 9    | Seismitoad         |    2 |  16.67% |  50.00% |
| 9    | Keldeo             |    2 |  16.67% |  50.00% |
| 9    | Tangrowth          |    2 |  16.67% |  50.00% |
| 9    | Landorus-Therian   |    2 |  16.67% |  50.00% |
| 19   | Slowbro            |    1 |   8.33% | 100.00% |
| 19   | Metagross          |    1 |   8.33% | 100.00% |
| 19   | Excadrill          |    1 |   8.33% | 100.00% |
| 19   | Rotom-Wash         |    1 |   8.33% | 100.00% |
| 19   | Gallade            |    1 |   8.33% | 100.00% |
| 19   | Empoleon           |    1 |   8.33% | 100.00% |
| 19   | Aerodactyl         |    1 |   8.33% | 100.00% |
| 19   | Azelf              |    1 |   8.33% | 100.00% |
| 19   | Bisharp            |    1 |   8.33% | 100.00% |
| 19   | Manaphy            |    1 |   8.33% | 100.00% |
| 19   | Weavile            |    1 |   8.33% | 100.00% |
| 19   | Aggron             |    1 |   8.33% |   0.00% |
| 19   | Tentacruel         |    1 |   8.33% |   0.00% |
| 19   | Mamoswine          |    1 |   8.33% |   0.00% |
| 19   | Breloom            |    1 |   8.33% |   0.00% |
| 19   | Absol              |    1 |   8.33% |   0.00% |
| 19   | Shuckle            |    1 |   8.33% |   0.00% |
| 19   | Victini            |    1 |   8.33% |   0.00% |
| 19   | Manectric          |    1 |   8.33% |   0.00% |
| 19   | Amoonguss          |    1 |   8.33% |   0.00% |
| 19   | Scizor             |    1 |   8.33% |   0.00% |
| 19   | Altaria            |    1 |   8.33% |   0.00% |
| 19   | Kyurem-Black       |    1 |   8.33% |   0.00% |
| 19   | Pinsir             |    1 |   8.33% |   0.00% |
Leads

Code:
| Rank | Leads                   | Use  | Usage % |  Win %  |
| 1    | Tornadus-Therian        |    2 |  16.67% | 100.00% |
| 2    | Gallade                 |    1 |   8.33% | 100.00% |
| 2    | Azelf                   |    1 |   8.33% | 100.00% |
| 2    | Weavile                 |    1 |   8.33% | 100.00% |
| 2    | Salamence               |    1 |   8.33% | 100.00% |
| 2    | Aggron                  |    1 |   8.33% |   0.00% |
| 2    | Politoed                |    1 |   8.33% |   0.00% |
| 2    | Shuckle                 |    1 |   8.33% |   0.00% |
| 2    | Manectric               |    1 |   8.33% |   0.00% |
| 2    | Altaria                 |    1 |   8.33% |   0.00% |
| 2    | Pinsir                  |    1 |   8.33% |   0.00% |

Some Quick Takeaways:
-

- To elaborate on the above, Kangaskhan has shown that it is indeed a great mon. Great bulk, Great power, Good typing, Good Speed, recovery, priority, and more, Kangaskhan basically has everything going for it. Right now I don't think it's broken, as I haven't seen it go up against Landorus yet which sounds like its best check, and its revenged killed by a plethora of relevant mons making it unlikely to sweep, limiting it to mostly being a wallbreaker or tank. Still, it's perhaps one of the best Megas in the tier already.
- As for the other Megas, they pretty either did nothing of note (Manectric, Altaria, Pinsir, Aerodactyl, Aggron) or did just alright, win or lose (Absol, Salamence, Gallade, Metagross). Nothing crazy here.
- Tentacruel made its triumphant return. It lost, but it did put in some work.
- Rain made an appearance, which I found interesting, and it actually did pretty well, going 1-1 in two winnable games. The Mega used on it was Salamence, being the team's Hurricane spammer (though the team also had a Tornadus as well)

And that's it for now! The next slate will start shortly!

By shortly Yoshi means inmediately lets go!:

- Slate 13 Oh You! -
:xy/scizor-mega::xy/garchomp-mega::xy/tyranitar-mega:
Scizor, Garchomp, Tyranitar

For the next slate, we got a bunch of Pokémon whose base forms are already OU material. Mega Scizor has always been the more viable of these and has been known for being a decently good opgrade over its base form. Mega Garchomp is often classified as the worst mega in terms of how worse it is compaired to its base form but I disagree (to me, that title belongs to latios), even them its pretty bad in ORAS and didn't became viable in Ou until gen 8's national dex. Mega Tyranitar was often considered to be on the same level as mega garchomp in terms of how worse it was compaired to its base form, but over the years people began to realize that this was not the case, as tyranitar rose in popularity and usage very quickly.​

Refer to the rules located on the OP for how you should sub:

Yoshiblaze said:
Voting Phase (1 Day)
After the submission phase is over, voting will begin. This mod will be using the same voting system as Book of Enigmas, where you can vote for as many submissions as you want, with each submission getting a certain number of points based on how you ranked it. An example can be seen below.
For a slate with Mega Beedrill, Mega Lopunny, and Mega Pidgeot, for example, a ballot would look like this:
Pidgeot: User 7, User 8, User 9

With this ballot, Submission 1 for Mega Beedrill would get 3 points, Submission 2 would get 2, and Submission 3 would get 1. The same goes for Submissions 4, 5, and 6 in the Lopunny category and Submissions 7, 8, and 9 in the Pidgeot category, with them getting 3, 2, and 1 point respectively.

You can add as many submissions are you'd like after your third vote, with each one getting 1 point.
So, in this ballot, Submissions 10 and 11 would also get 1 point in the Pidgeot category.

You can vote for your own submission, but it can't be in first place or your only vote in that category. Be sure to mark your self-vote by putting (SV) after it.
Beedrill: User 12 (SV), User 2, User 3
This wouldn't be a legal ballot as the self-vote is in first place in the Beedrill category

Beedrill: User 12 (SV)
This also wouldn't be a legal ballot as the self-vote is the only vote in the Beedrill category

Beedrill: User 2, User 12 (SV)
Lopunny: User 4, User 12 (SV), User 6
Pidgeot: User 7, User 8, User 12 (SV), User 10, User 11
This is a legal ballot because none of the self-votes are in first place or the only vote in a category.

If you vote for only 2 submissions in a category, the first place submission gets 2 points and the second place submission gets 1 point. If you vote for just one, then that submission gets 1 point.
Beedrill: User 1 (1 point)
Lopunny: User 4 (2 points), User 5 (1 point)
Pidgeot: User 7 (3 points), User 8 (2 points), User 9 (1 point), User 10 (1 point), User 11 (1 point)
The submission with the most points in a category will be added to the mod. For every Mega, you will also have the option to vote for the original Mega Evolution if you aren't a fan of any of the submissions. However, this can't be done for Pokemon whose original Megas were banned to Ubers.
For most slates, the next submission phase will start immediately after voting ends for the previous slate. The long submission phase will still give ample time for discussion and playtesting during the week so you can adjust your submissions. However, every 3 slates or so, one or more roomtours will be held so we can see what state the metagame is in. This may result in winning submissions being nerfed or buffed, depending on what we learn. Buffs and nerfs (mostly nerfs) can also happen at any other time as we learn stuff between roomtours.

Basic Template:
Code:
:sm/pokemon:
[b]Name[/b]: Mega <Pokémon>
[b]Type[/b]:
[b]Ability[/b]:
[b]Stats[/b]: HP / Atk / Def / SpA / SpD / Spe [BST]
[b]New Moves[/b]:
[b]Description[/b]: (Describe how your submission fits into the metagame, what it does, what it checks/counters, what it gets checked/countered by, why you would use it, etc.)

Megas For All Template (Created by Hematite):
[CODE]
:pokemon: [b]Mega <Pokémon>
New Ability[/b]:
[b]Type[/b]:

[b][u]Stats[/u][/b]:
HP:
Attack:
Defense:
Special Attack:
Special Defense:
Speed:
(BST)

[b]New Moves[/b]:
[b]Description[/b]:
For types, you can insert type images like this
with this link (replace Type with the type you want) https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/sprites/types/Type.png

Example Submission
:sm/charizard-mega-x:
Name: Mega Charizard X
Type:

Ability: Tough Claws
Stats: 78 / 130 (+46) / 111 (+33) / 130 (+21) / 85 / 100 [634 BST]
New Moves: N/A
Description: Mega Charizard X can act as a dangerous Dragon Dance sweeper with strong Tough Claws-boosted moves in Flare Blitz, Outrage, Dragon Claw, and Thunder Punch. A unique defensive typing and decent bulk makes setting up much easier, made even easier with Roost. Walled by very bulky Water-types, Heatran (if you don't run EQ), and checked by Landorus-T.

REMINDER THAT ALL OF THE BASE FORMS OF THESE MONS ARE OU, BE EXTREMELY CONSERVATIVE OF THE MOVES YOU ADD TO THEM AND CONSIDER THE BEST WAY TO DIFFERENCIATE THEM FROM THEIR OU COUNTERPARTS.

Submissions will end in 7 Days.

Oopsies double post again!
:xy/tyranitar-mega:
Name: Mega Tyranitar
Typing:

Ability: Sand Stream
HP:
Atk: 134 --> 154 (+20)
Def: 110 --> 150 (+40)
SpA:
SpD: 100 --> 130 (+30)
Spe: 65--> 75 (+10)
New Moves:
None
Description: Single Typing mega hype. Something I noticed looking at the entries in the smogon dex about tyranitar is that most of the sample tyranitar sets don't have a dark stab like crunch or pursuit. Considering how awful Rock Dark is a defensive typing and that its dragon dance set is what makes it useful in ORAS, the thought came to me of making a tyranitar with a better typing without taking away much of what it can check already, and it turns out Rock type alone does that decently well. Besides that I redistributed a bit of its bulk towards special defense in order to have it take better advantage of the sandstorm boost. Thanks to the removal of the dark typing, ttar is no longer chipped hard by u-turns, no longer folds ro random fighting coverage and is no longer scared of fairy types.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)