Metagame Frantic Fusions (New resources @ Post #387)

I'm a little new to posting on forums but uh... magic guard steel beam is kinda funny (still)
Reuniclus (Iron Crown) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 124 HP / 36 Def / 232 SpA / 116 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 20 Atk
- Agility
- Calm Mind
- Stored Power
- Steel Beam
(There's probably other mons that work with this but here's my first idea)

Fusions with Pecharunt for Corrosion with Glimmora might become more common, as Pecharunt is the bulkiest Poison type with proper recovery.
no rational person is giving up Unaware Clodsire

BST of 88/101/182/120/108/109
Glimmora (Pecharunt) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Corrosion
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Hex
- Toxic
- Recover

Luckily Gholdengo was unbanned, so it shouldn't be much of a problem.

KaenSoul

Shared:Power Little Knight
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Community Leader
Does this metagame differ much from AAA in play style? Isn't it just AAA with some stat differences
Some sets are similar, but a lot of abilities aren't legal because you have to adjust to what is in the game, which already changes a lot of what is and isn't allowed, and the stats you can get with the ability means a lot, changing what is good depending on the speed tiers they can hit, the extra power they may come with and the bulk differences. It is a list of small differences that add up, giving a quite different format, specially without ability clause.

Hey! I'm back with some stuff I didn't bring up last time I posted.

:iron_crown:: Oh, look. Another PsyTerrain + EForce combo. If you'll excuse me, I'll be in the corner getting VGC flashbacks now.
:sv/iron_crown::indeedee:
Indeedee (Iron Crown) @ Choice Scarf / Choice Specs / Leftovers
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 20 Atk
- Tachyon Cutter
- Expanding Force
- Focus Blast
- Volt Switch / Calm Mind
(20 Atk IVs are to make this a legal set. Thank event restrictions for that.)

NEW STATS: 90/88/113/148/131/121 (BST: 691)

Yeah, uh... I'm pretty sure you can tell what this thing does. STAB Expanding Force coming off of 148 SpA in Psychic Terrain is bound to hit hard. Along with that, 121 Speed is actually suprisingly workable, especially with Scarf boosting it up even more. You could also run Specs over Scarf to become even more of a nuke to whatever happens to eat a hit from you or Leftovers to have more longevity over the Choice items. Either way, this mostly just boils down to "click buttons and profit." It's (usually) that simple! Unless you're locked into EForce and they switch in with a Dark Type. Running a more bulky spread with Leftovers in conjunction with Calm Mind is also something worth trying, but I haven't really messed around with it very much myself. It's also worth noting that Psychic Terrain prevents priority from being used against your team, which means that you can't be Sucker Punched, Thunderclapped, or otherwise for the duration of Psychic Terrain.

:smeargle:: Welcome back, little buddy! Are you ready to use one status move and get OHKOed again? You aren't? Too bad!
:sv/smeargle::whimsicott:
Whimsicott (Smeargle) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunder Wave / Will-O-Wisp / Toxic
- Taunt / Topsy-Turvy / Haze
- Stealth Rock / Sticky Web / Spikes / Toxic Spikes
- Parting Shot / Memento / Chilly Reception / Healing Wish
Honestly, just run whatever you need to... I'm only giving it moves here so that this isn't a complete nothingburger of a set.

NEW STATS: 55/36/56/39/63/104 (BST: 353)

To nobody's surprise, Smeargle's stats don't get much better from being fused with anything. That's not really why it's here, though. Smeargle is here for its nearly infinite movepool and utility. Prankster is a significantly better ability than what it had before, allowing all of its status moves to have +1 priority. This is particularly useful for spreading statuses with moves like Will-O-Wisp and Thunder Wave, allowing you to cripple your opponent's Pokemon with relative ease. You could also run a set with dual screens, hazards, or even some other super niche set if you really, really need it... The list of what it can do just goes on and on. Smeargle can provide whatever utility your team would appreciate most if you can't find a better Pokemon for the job.

:keldeo:: Frantic Fusions, the horse is here.
:sv/keldeo_resolute::porygon_z:
Porygon-Z (Keldeo-Resolute) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Adaptability
Timid Nature
- Surf / Hydro Pump
- Hydro Pump / Flip Turn
- Vacuum Wave / Flip Turn
- Secret Sword

NEW STATS: 91/92/107/162/108/130

Oh, man... This thing looks ready to tear FF to shreds. I don't mean this set alone - I mean this mon as a whole. Pretty much any set you could imagine is completely borked. Tinted Lens sets with Yanmega completely bypass things that resist Keldeo's attacks, but this set provides enough raw power to muscle through the majority of neutral targets it faces like Meloetta and Alomomola. For example...

Vs. :alomomola:+:diancie:
  • 252 SpA Choice Specs Adaptability Keldeo-Resolute Secret Sword vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Alomomola: 212-250 (39.7 - 46.8%) -- 35.5% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
Even after maximum defensive investment from Alomomola's end, Keldeo has a decent shot at 2HKOing the poor fish from full HP... After Stealth Rock, of course. Any other minimal chip brings Alomomola down to a guaranteed 2HKO.

Vs. :meloetta:+:tornadus_therian:
  • 252 SpA Choice Specs Adaptability Keldeo-Resolute Secret Sword vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Meloetta: 240-284 (59.4 - 70.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
To Meloetta's credit, its physical bulk... isn't all that impressive. A guaranteed 2HKO from Secret Sword is still pretty insane, but you know what's worse?
  • 252 SpA Choice Specs Adaptability Keldeo-Resolute Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Meloetta: 154-182 (38.1 - 45%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and 1 layer of Spikes
That's right. Meloetta gets 2HKOed by Hydro Pump after Stealth Rock and other minimal chip. Meloetta, who has 150 base SpD, a boosting nature, and Assault Vest, is 2HKOed by a special move after taking slight chip. Keldeo is an absolutely nutty Pokemon.

I won't even bother showing off Hoodra's or Tusk's calcs. Hoodra just outright loses to Secret Sword and Tusk loses to Hydro Pump. TLDR, Keldeo needs to be stopped. I wouldn't be shocked to see it on the next slate... Whenever that is.

I'll probably be back with even more Theorymonning later. Also, congrats on getting OMOTM again! I'm excited to get to play this more often.

Last edited:
The OP says that the fusee gets the donor's stats and abilities right, but I've seen some movesets where it has the donor's movesets as well, is this the case?

:gouging-fire: + :clefable:
Clefable (Gouging Fire) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
- Morning Sun/Burning Bulwark/Stone Edge/Outrage
Like Clef doesn't learn any of these moves right?

EDIT: Wait I misread it, it's Gouging Fire with the nickname Clef LOL don't mind me.

The OP says that the fusee gets the donor's stats and abilities right, but I've seen some movesets where it has the donor's movesets as well, is this the case?

Like Clef doesn't learn any of these moves right?
I think you are misunderstanding the layout. The Pokemon listed here is a Gouging Fire, nicknamed Clefable, with the Magic Guard ability. It is getting the boosted stats from Clefable, as well as the ability, but it is still a Gouging Fire. Clefable is the one donating the stats and ability, but the base typing and movepool is still the original Pokemon.

Oh boy this OM is coming back, and I have some chicanery for you all!

Mudsdale (Florges) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Stamina
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Draining Kiss
- Stored Power
- Calm Mind
- Wish

Bases post fusion: 78/96/93/125/175/83, Total: 650

Used this set a little to some decent results. If your opponent couldn't get this thing off the field, they were very screwed as it could easily bulk up thanks to Stamina & Calm Mind to high heaven, blast them with Stored Power, with Draining Kiss and Wish for healing.

Except now, Mudsdale is out of a job, thanks to the newest Stamina mon in town, Archaludon!

Archaludon (Florges) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Stamina
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Draining Kiss
- Stored Power
- Calm Mind
- Wish

Bases post fusion: 78/91/100/143/170/96, Total: 678

The loss of some SpDef kind of stings, but the Def boost is great, as is the MASSIVE boost to it's SpAtk so it can hit even harder.

Is it good? Maybe, TBH I haven't played this OM since the last time it was OM of the month. But it can make for a decent win con to catch your foe off guard.

Glory

formerly TaxFraud
is a Pre-Contributor
quick post just to say

Keldeo and Volcarona have been unanimously banned from Frantic Fusions
hidinzastraHiusi GuyOrangexTaxFraudRESULT
VolcaronaBANBANBANBANBAN5-0 BANNED
KeldeoBANBANBANBANBAN5-0 BANNED

:keldeo: Keldeo's flagship set was Choice Specs fused with Yanmega for Tinted Lens, which requires very unreasonable options like Water Absorb Gholdengo to consistently beat, and access to Flip Turn and Vacuum Wave further increased its versatility. Keldeo is strong enough without a damage amp ability, with Secret Sword invalidating RegenVest pokemon as answers and Tinted Lens bypassing resistances. Other viable fusions included Porygon-Z and even Ursaluna-Bloodmoon with sets like Substitute + Calm Mind making Keldeo even more ridiculous to answer.

:volcarona: It had to happen eventually. When fused with Braviary-Hisui for Sheer Force, Volcarona becomes horrendously powerful after a single Quiver Dance. Defensively, the only ways to consistently answer Volcarona were Unaware Blissey and Well Baked Body/Flash Fire Corviknight; other options are overwhelmed ridiculously quickly, unable to threaten Volcarona enough to prevent it from accruing multiple boosts, or vulnerable to coverage options like Giga Drain. Offensively the only consistent counterplay was a healthy Gouging Fire, Dragonite, or fast physical scarfers like Roaring Moon. Paired with Dual Screens hyper offense—which also alleviate the 4x Stealth Rock weakness—Volcarona simply became far too difficult to handle and has thus been banned.
:iron boulder: Iron Boulder is something else the council had a look at, but we ultimately decided to let it stay free to see how it would be without Keldeo and Volcarona in the metagame.

In addition to this, we're going to do a quick fix to stay in line with tiering policy.
Triage is unbanned and Comfey is now banned
This is effectively the same thing since Comfey is the only mon with Triage, but it had to be done anyway.

dhelmise :3

yippee, favorite om is back
iron boulder is a VERY big issue, and it's incredibly hard to prepare for.
kleavor giving it sharpness, along with a choice band and an attack stat in the 150s makes it completely absurd. you click buttons, things die, and then you switch out. maybe it's just me, but i haven't found a solid answer for it. defensive tusk can eat mighty cleave, but if they predict your switch and psycho cut, bye bye tusk. anyone else got ideas?

Anyone else got ideas?
I have a couple ideas.
I will share the first, secret one that worked so many times for me and for others.
BANHAMMER

Funny little ideas aside, this comes to mind.

Orthworm (Gholdengo) @ Leftovers
Ability: Earth Eater
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Make It Rain
- Shadow Ball
- Thunder Wave
- Recover

Of course this could be Max HP/Max Def+/ 4 spatk.
And it could be also fused with, uuuhh, Hydrapple for regen (Klawf has 5 more def, but Hydrapple also gives a bunch of other stats a nice raise).

yippee, favorite om is back
iron boulder is a VERY big issue, and it's incredibly hard to prepare for.
kleavor giving it sharpness, along with a choice band and an attack stat in the 150s makes it completely absurd. you click buttons, things die, and then you switch out. maybe it's just me, but i haven't found a solid answer for it. defensive tusk can eat mighty cleave, but if they predict your switch and psycho cut, bye bye tusk. anyone else got ideas?
Easily countered by Gholdengo. Just switch in on a Psycho Cut or Mighty Cleave and threaten Steel Beam or Make It Rain. While Iron Boulder can run Earthquake, I would think that it would usually rather run Sacred Sword, Swords Dance, or X-Scissor/Megahorn in order to boost its attack and receive the Sharpness boost.
Iron Crown could also counter Iron Boulder with a 4x resist to Psychic and taking neutral damage from Sacred Sword.
I don't think Iron Boulder is a massive threat.

:barraskewda: + :lokix: Lokix (Barraskewda) @ Choice Band
Ability: Tinted Lens
Tera Type: Water
Jolly Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Flip Turn
- Liquidation
- Close Combat

Base stats: 61/148/79/73/63/159

there is no switching in on this thing in rain, unless you have a double resistance to water

:raging-bolt:
Slowking-Galar (Raging Bolt) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Electric
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 20 Atk / 20 Spe
- Thunderclap
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
really like this set, it forgoes bulk (still really bulky) for immense pressure, pairs very well with something like tough claws+band

don't often (if ever) post on threads but I feel I need to just to say this; No Guard needs to be banned imo. It gives mons with low accuracy, high power moves an op win-con or at the very least a no drawback high power move (Zap Cannon I'm looking at you)

Last edited:
Here's a set I think is really funny and works better than I thought it would:

:talonflame: + :clefable:
Clefable (Talonflame) @ Choice Band
Tera Type: Fire
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Brave Bird
- Upper Hand
- U-turn

Stats: 78 / 98 / 89 / 97 / 91 / 141
141 Speed is alarmingly fast. Outspeeding pretty much everything it wants to other than Electrode-Hisui. 98 Attack doesn't feel like enough, but a Choice Band plus the high power moves provides enough attack to still deal MAJOR damage. Magic Guard both completely negates recoil from Brave Bird and Flare Blitz, but provides hazard immunity that talonflame craves. Flare Blitz and Brave Bird are super strong STAB options with Choice Band, and Upper Hand sneaks right in against any Libero E-Speeders like Dragonite or priority users in general to pull a fast one on em and put em in their place. In reality Upper Hand is because you really don't need another move than BlitzBirdTurn, as Double Edge is cool and all, but why use it when you can just use the STAB moves.

Is it meta-changing?
Absolutely not! but its funny to straight up OHKO Iron Moths who don't think Talonflame with Clefable can muster up the power to wipe it off of Paldea.

In addition to this, we're going to do a quick fix to stay in line with tiering policy.
Triage is unbanned and Comfey is now banned
This is effectively the same thing since Comfey is the only mon with Triage, but it had to be done anyway.
Not really the same thing at all, since now I can't use a Comfey fused with something else so that it gains a different ability, or fuse a Comfey onto something to gain the stats but keep using one of its own abilities. Banning the Pokémon instead of the ability in this format is a significant difference.

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Not really the same thing at all, since now I can't use a Comfey fused with something else so that it gains a different ability, or fuse a Comfey onto something to gain the stats but keep using one of its own abilities. Banning the Pokémon instead of the ability in this format is a significant difference.
On paper, yes, in practice? Noone is using Comfey its too bad of a Pokemon without its signature ability.

Thought I would share a couple sets I came up with, while these aren't meta-defining I still think they are able to do some solid damage.

Rampardos (:Cinderace:) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Jolly Nature
- Pyro Ball
- Gunk Shot
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

Cinderace boasts a solid Speed stat, and Rampardos' Attack boost and Sheer Force makes moves like Pyro Ball hit like a truck. Alternatively, you could swap out the Life Orb+Sucker Punch for Boots+Court Change, though the damage output will be reduced with the removal of SFLO.
Edit: I have also seen this with a Conkeldurr variant, and I think both are similar. Conk gives a bit more bulk, but Rampardos gives more Attack and Speed. Item choice may vary.

Clawitzer (:Archaludon:) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mega Launcher
Timid Nature
- Aura Sphere
- Dragon Pulse
- Flash Cannon
- Dark Pulse

Dragon Pulse and Aura Sphere are two very hard-hitting moves, and this combo has a very high Special Attack. This set currently has scarf to make this relatively slow Pokemon outspeed a lot of threats, though with the appropriate support something like Choice Specs could also work nicely.

As I said I don't expect these to change the world or anything but I think both of these have offensive potential, and am curious to see other people find use for them on their teams.

Last edited:
Sorry, I’m having trouble formating my fusions to get both their abilities to work.

I have the nicknames in, who what should the abilities read? If I type in the donor ability, the poke’s original ability doesn’t seem to function. How’s it supposed to look?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)