Dec 7 - 21: 5* Raids for Dialga & Palkia

Ok, so I just saw some info on the Stellar Tera Type and... Well, remember when I said in some of my support builds that sometimes you don't want to Terastallize because you'll lose out on useful resistances? Also, I wonder how Contrary mons will actually do with Stellar Tera Blast in these raids.
Personally I am more interested in how some of the new additions will perform.
Es, Deoxys Defense having strong bulk + Recover and setup opportunities, or stuff like Lugia / Ho-oh.

Smeargle will become the ultimate Swiss Army knife of a supporter, but its bulk is admittedly lacking for 7 star raids. Can probably work around it with its near-infinite movepool. We also got the best ally stat booster of all time in the form of Decorate Alcremie.

You know, I can actually see Gouging Fire being a very good Pokemon both for support and offense for later 7 Star physical attackers, especially for ones that are weak to fire. With Burning Bulwark being a Fire version of Spiky Shield that replaces damage with burn you'll no longer have to rely on WoW, not to mention it also gives an easy way to burn through the shield, and that's not even getting into the fact that he gets Breaking Swipe. Sadly he will have to rely on Howl/Dragon Dance to boost Atk, though I suppose having Howl won't be too bad if your allies are physical attackers as well. Not to mention if you fully invest in Atk and give him an Atk nature Temper Flare can deal so much damage under the sun. For reference, this is how much damage it does against a fully Def/HP invested Def nature Arceus while Tera without any boosts besides Protosynthesis.

252+ Atk Protosynthesis Tera Fire Gouging Fire Temper Flare vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Tera Normal Arceus in Sun: 204-242 (45.9 - 54.5%) -- 5.9% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

And it may actually be worth adding a filler move like Sleep Talk and intentionally cause it to fail just to double Temper Flare's power because if it deals that much damage with a 75 base power move just imagine 150. Granted that means you'll lose out on recovery with Morning Sun, but I think the health gotten back from Shell Bell will make it worth it.

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
You know, I can actually see Gouging Fire being a very good Pokemon both for support and offense for later 7 Star physical attackers, especially for ones that are weak to fire. With Burning Bulwark being a Fire version of Spiky Shield that replaces damage with burn you'll no longer have to rely on WoW, not to mention it also gives an easy way to burn through the shield, and that's not even getting into the fact that he gets Breaking Swipe. Sadly he will have to rely on Howl/Dragon Dance to boost Atk, though I suppose having Howl won't be too bad if your allies are physical attackers as well. Not to mention if you fully invest in Atk and give him an Atk nature Temper Flare can deal so much damage under the sun. For reference, this is how much damage it does against a fully Def/HP invested Def nature Arceus while Tera without any boosts besides Protosynthesis.

252+ Atk Protosynthesis Tera Fire Gouging Fire Temper Flare vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Tera Normal Arceus in Sun: 204-242 (45.9 - 54.5%) -- 5.9% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

And it may actually be worth adding a filler move like Sleep Talk and intentionally cause it to fail just to double Temper Flare's power because if it deals that much damage with a 75 base power move just imagine 150. Granted that means you'll lose out on recovery with Morning Sun, but I think the health gotten back from Shell Bell will make it worth it.
One problem with Howl is you have to watch 4 Pokemon have their stats raised instead of just yours. Howl is still worth trying though... unless you don't trust other players, which is pretty understandable. I'd go with Howl for a support set, which is probably what you're going for if you're using Burning Bulwark.

If you're using Sunny Day for offensive Protosynthesis, you can just use it again while the sun as active to make a move fail.

Gouging Fire @ Life Orb / Charcoal / Scope Lens
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Sunny Day
- Dragon Dance
- Leer
- Temper Flare / Flare Blitz

I think as a solo attacker , Gouging Fire seems...meh. No Swords Dance or Screech really hampers the damage output, but Sun + Protosynthesis do at least provide some boosts to alleviate the lack of the aforementioned moves.

As an attacker in online raids, however, with the proper support, this thing could go pretty stupid. Scope Lens is here as an alternate item because of a brand new move introduced into this DLC; Dragon Cheer. It raises the crit rate of your partner by one stage, but if it's a Dragon-type, it's raised by two stages. Scope Lens raises your own crit rate by one, so after Dragon Cheer, your moves will crit every time. We also have Alcremie's Decorate ability to give its allies +2 in Atk and SpA.

Seriously, though, with Alcremie, pretty much everything in the game just gets better as an attacker. It's nuts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)