Dec 7 - 21: 5* Raids for Dialga & Palkia

Kinda wish they were at least 6 star, but oh well. Dialga still might pose a challenge because it will have STAB against most of its counters.

I suspect the intent is to release all the (available) legends not in Indigo Disk through raids, so my spitball here is that we'll get a 7* raid for Giratina at some point after these are done

Speaking of which, I'm assuming a bulky fairy type with draining kiss like Sylveon should easily get the job done on Palkia. What of Dialga though... Maybe Magearna?

I bet the pair have Earth Power so Magearna may not be the play.
I assumed so but at same time, magearna is kinda chonky and unstabbed EP isn't exactly a huge deal when you're hitting supereffectively with stab draining kiss on a sequence of +spatk from the AI allies getting murdered and triggering Soul Heart

Any reason Azumarill wouldn't work? Palkia it obviously resists/immunes both STABs, while Dialga it blanks the Double-boosted Dragon STAB and takes neutral from Steel while setting up. Worst case scenario you can probably run Amnesia/Belly Drum/Play Rough/Aqua Ring to bulk yourself up and then go for a one-shot given 5* Health pools

Any reason Azumarill wouldn't work? Palkia it obviously resists/immunes both STABs, while Dialga it blanks the Double-boosted Dragon STAB and takes neutral from Steel while setting up. Worst case scenario you can probably run Amnesia/Belly Drum/Play Rough/Aqua Ring to bulk yourself up and then go for a one-shot given 5* Health pools
Realistically same "issue" as Magearna, as in, both can have coverage to hit it (Thunderbolt / Thunder), except differently from mage you don't have a built in reliable sustain (or may not be able to belly drum it down) so it depends on if they have it or not

They may be easier than normal but I still have nightmares off the Iron Leaves raid so never say never to how bad the average player is...
I fully expect to see box legends getting popped by tera Dragon STAB moves when I have to go online for Dialga. Speaking of which, since the 5 star raids are only level 75, I wondered if they would get their signature moves normally learned at level 88, but I remembered they gave Iron Leaves an early Megahorn so it's not out of the question. Not that Dialga would want Roar of Time, but it would probably get it to be symmetric with Palkia.

SpDef Umbreon should just wall both of these and neuter them with Fake Tears and Screech unless they both do something crazy like shield T0. Hoping these bosses at least have good item drops to warrant farming.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
IIRC, Iron Leaves was such a pain because of Swords Dance in the regular moveset AND there was a short timer that was decimated as bad players fainted. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a short timer on this one too, and possibly an early shield.

Also, I don't know how the mechanics would work in a tera raid, buuuuuuut.... if Dialga gets Metal Burst, that could suck A LOT.

Also, I don't know how the mechanics would work in a tera raid, buuuuuuut.... if Dialga gets Metal Burst, that could suck A LOT.
A couple of the 5 star raids have access to Counter (off my memory, Krookodile and Tatsugiri), and they use it as regular move in their turn (in fact, they spam it a lot). It bases on the current turn (so ignores the other 3) and will fail if you didn't use a phisical attack.
If it has Metal Burst you just take mental note to run phisical attackers.

SpDef Umbreon should just wall both of these and neuter them with Fake Tears and Screech unless they both do something crazy like shield T0. Hoping these bosses at least have good item drops to warrant farming.
As I suspected, my SpDef Umbreon was good for both. Ran Fake Tears, Screech, Snarl, and Sunny Day w/ Wide Lens.

Dialga:
Turn 0 Trick Room + Stealth Rock is interesting tbh. Considering it's just 5 turns i still think going for faster mons is a better play.

No Thunderbolt, so Azumarill should do fine (player stat reset is very early even, may be worth just waiting for that before drumming).

Palkia looks like Sylveon and Magearna fodder. Not too sure about Dialga, but I may just go with a random support and make others kill it for me

As I suspected, my SpDef Umbreon was good for both. Ran Fake Tears, Screech, Snarl, and Sunny Day w/ Wide Lens.
I might build this up, what's the game plan, just immediately start with Tears/Screech based on the randos you roll until the shield goes up or do you pepper in Snarls

Dialga looks like Azumarill should work as expected as a DPS, Palkia having Thunder complicates that option though over using generic Special Fairies. Probably will run a support myself.

Would Hisuian Goodra work? Bulky to bait Tera Dragon Draco but have Palkia debuff itself while Acid Spraying for Dragon Pulse spam?

Dialga has EP, not Palkia
I stg i always confuse the two. Heck o.o

But I've had the masterplan for Dialga: I picked Blissey with Light Screen and Life Dew and let everyone else kill it.

From what I've seen, the moves were randomly chosen. Dialga was using Fire Blast vs my Umbreon the moment the raid started.
I've had Dialga alternate draco meteor and fire blast on me. I think the fact neither hit for more than 15 had something to do with it.

Honestly if one can have a bulky enough Dragon type, it may actually be the best pick to get the boss to just debuff itself...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)