Dec 22- 25 - 7* Iron Bundle (Ice)

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Why 132 Speed? I went to the Showdown calculator and 100 is enough for a timid Moth to outspeed Bundle.
The key part is you need to be fast enough to get your own Speed boost with Iron Moth to outrun Bundle in Terrain, rather than a Special Attack boost. With zero Special Attack investment, you hit 316, so you need that Speed investment to get to 317 Speed

Ok, I know Steel Beam is the strongest steel type move and Bundle's SpD is really low, but my goodness I am convinced that the damage Mew did was probably enough for a one shot even if Bundle had a full bar shield like Pikachu. And Mew was only at +4 SpA. Though it did take quite a LOT of setup, I was legit worried that one of Bundle's attack would crit or freeze me. That would've sucked.

I ended up doing this solo using a tera-fire volcanion. It's not an auto-win by any means, as although water absorb negates the water moves and volcanion resists ice, blizzard can still hit pretty hard coming from Bundle and freeze dry is effective until you tera. I used shell bell, but assault vest might make it easier. I was worried about eating a hydro pump on the ability-negate turn, so I heal-cheered. I already forget what happened that turn, but I lived to keep spamming tera-boosted flamethrowers.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
:sv/empoleon:
Empoleon @ Shell Bell
Ability: Competitive
Tera Type: Stellar
EVs: 136 HP / 128 SpA / 244 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Metal Sound
- Ice Spinner / Helping Hand
- Mud-Slap / Helping Hand / Psych Up

The Discord was talking about Empoleon earlier, and I was a little more confident in it than I maybe should be. Turns out Tera Ice Freeze Dry still hurts like hell.

0+ SpA Tera Ice Iron Bundle Freeze-Dry vs. 136 HP / 244+ SpD Empoleon: 96-114 (27.9 - 33.2%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
0+ SpA Tera Ice Iron Bundle Freeze-Dry vs. 136 HP / 244+ SpD Empoleon on a critical hit: 144-170 (41.9 - 49.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
0+ SpA Quark Drive Tera Ice Iron Bundle Freeze-Dry vs. 136 HP / 244+ SpD Empoleon: 124-148 (36.1 - 43.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

That last calc worries me, which is why I opted for Ice Spinner on the set over Mud Slap. These EVs prevent a 3HKO from Freeze Dry, which should be more than cushy enough for you to get set up (though you may need to juggle Flash Cannon and Metal Sound to sustain with Shell Bell), but the Electric Terrain calc is a decent chunk higher. If Bundle puts up terrain early, surviving through the first few turns will be difficult. I really wanted Cloak, but I think the damage is just too high to not use Shell Bell. If you get frozen, Heal Cheer. In multiplayer, Psych Up seems really cool to potentially take advantage of an ally trying to set up Stored Power shenanigans.

Arceus-Steel is definitely better than Empoleon, but that's because it's Arceus. I will not be building an Arceus. Anyway, here's some Paldea Dex answers that I think are a little looser but probably get there eventually:

:sv/hariyama:
Hariyama @ Luminous Moss
Ability: Thick Fat
Tera Type: Fighting / Stellar
EVs: 156 HP / 100 Atk / 252 SpD
Brave Nature
- Drain Punch
- Sunny Day
- Belly Drum
- Mud-Slap

Sunny Day and Luminous Moss work together to get you through the early game, with Drain Punch getting you HP back and Mud-Slap hopefully giving you some extra turns. Belly Drum is still more effective than Bulk Up for setting up most likely, so uh... good luck. Stellar Tera would technically be better, but it requires using 50 Tera Shards for like an extra ten damage per Mud-Slap. If you're a normal person, stick with Fighting, it's easier.

:sv/blissey:
Blissey @ Charcoal
Ability: Serene Grace / Healer
Tera Type: Stellar
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Flamethrower
- Calm Mind
- Sunny Day
- Softboiled / Life Dew

It's Blissey versus a special attacker. Did you expect something different? Blissey's Special Attack is pretty awful, but Stellar Tera and Bundle's awful Special Defense will hopefully let it get away with Calm Mind.
The raid is over, but for a post-mortem on this: oh god Empoleon and Hariyama were not the plays for this raid LMAO. Empoleon couldn't really answer Bundle's damage output, especially when early Metal Sounds made Bundle shield quickly so regaining HP was hard, and even if you make it through the first few turns, the game is just really rough. Hariyama on the other hand just straight up can't get to the buff reset quickly enough, and needs a lot of Mud Slap luck to not just die trying to stay alive - in my successful run I got hard carried by the AI Bellibolt keeping Light Screen up and making Bundle crazy slow, and I don't think I got Belly Drum off until the shield was almost broken anyway.

Blissey though? Blissey was fine. Tera Steel Tera Blast probably would have been better than Tera Stellar Flamethrower, but Blissey successfully cleared on the first try, and did so with minor but mostly insignificant luck, which is more than I can say for Empoleon or Hariyama. I still have the raid active, so maybe I'll try some of the more successful Pokemon, like Iron Moth or Galarian Slowking.
I also recorded my Blissey run! It's on Youtube! I'm not linking it here though, you'll have to find it. ehehehehe

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)