Dec 22- 25 - 7* Iron Bundle (Ice)

The next 7 Star Tera Raid Battle event has been announced for Pokémon Scarlet & Violet. This event will feature a battle against an Iron Bundle with the Ice Tera Type and the Mightiest Mark. It can only be caught once per save file.
This event will run from 00:00 UTC on December 22nd through 23:59 UTC on December 24th
Instead of the traditional Delibird raids (we get a mass outbreak instead), we have a Mighty Iron Bundle.

Kind of an interesting choice

Iron Bundle has a pretty limited game plan so we can probably guess at the following:
-Turn 0 Electric Terrain and probably sets it back up at the 50% (either HP or time) threshold
-Ice Beam, Hydro Pump
-Considering this is meant to be the Christmas Raid it probably gets Present

I suspect we can see Snowscape + Blizzard at some point too. If it does do Snowscape, wouldn't be shocked to see Aurora Veil.

It has a few physical options (namely Drill Peck & Play Rough) but I can't see them bothering.

Unrelated, but if you plan to use the item printer I suggest going to town on those Delibird outbreaks. The materials are worth a lot

Instead of the traditional Delibird raids (we get a mass outbreak instead), we have a Mighty Iron Bundle.

Kind of an interesting choice
Link to a tweet or something I can share elsewhere?

This will be interesting since not even the Water Absorbers work without Tera due to 2-4x Freeze Dry weaknesses

Prepare your ice types pals.

I do wonder, what exactly walls Iron Bundle properly.
We can fully expect a t0 electric terrain and maybe more than one (though they can be very evil and give it Booster Energy), and there is also a chance it will run Snowscape for the bonus defense + potentially Blizzard.
...so terrain replacing or distruption is obviously a option... Did someone say Terapagos?

Iron Bundle moveset is actually pretty poor luckily, it has basically nonexistant coverage so there's just to bother about not being weak to water / ice / freeze-dry.

Ironically, a Ice type would probably be the best option, and honestly, it's time to pull off my Larpas
1702855765911.png

(which happens to be very chonky, have Water Absorb and not be weak to freeze dry).

Has access to strong support options like Life Dew, Helping Hand and Dragon Cheer, gets Bulldoze and Icy Winds to slow the boss, can even replace the weather if it needs to.

You can also slot in Curse + Body Press for damage.

Also conveniently I have a stellar tera Lapras ready to go.

Edit: Set I'll go with

Larpas (Lapras) @ Leftovers
Ability: Shell Armor
Tera Type: Stellar
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Body Press
- Curse
- Dragon Cheer
- Life Dew

I doubt I'll ever actually click Curse but why the heck not

Link to a tweet or something I can share elsewhere?

This will be interesting since not even the Water Absorbers work without Tera due to 2-4x Freeze Dry weaknesses
https://x.com/SerebiiNet/status/1736525816035475854?s=20

Last edited:
I do wonder, what exactly walls Iron Bundle properly.
We can fully expect a t0 electric terrain and maybe more than one (though they can be very evil and give it Booster Energy), and there is also a chance it will run Snowscape for the bonus defense + potentially Blizzard.
...so terrain replacing or distruption is obviously a option... Did someone say Terapagos?
Wouldn't Terapagos still need to attack Bundle 3 times first in order to Tera though? I don't think it'd help in dealing with the initial turn 0 terrain/weather if Bundle does go for it.

I'm wondering if Frosmoth would be a decent support for this raid. Ice Scales and the Ice typing would mean that only Hydro Pump would do meaningful damage to a specially defensive one, and that's only if Bundle is Modest:

0+ SpA Quark Drive Iron Bundle Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Ice Scales Frosmoth: 78-93 (22.6 - 27%) -- 40.4% chance to 4HKO

Because of that, Frosmoth should be able to lower Bundle's SpA and Speed with Struggle Bug and Pounce, respectively. I don't think Frosmoth has much going for it beyond that though; its issues would be an inability to contribute to damage beyond Helping Hand boosts and a lack of reliable recovery apart from Rest.

Wouldn't Terapagos still need to attack Bundle 3 times first in order to Tera though? I don't think it'd help in dealing with the initial turn 0 terrain/weather if Bundle does go for it.
It would, but Terapagos is very bulky even in base form (+ has access to Multiscale 3.0), can easily Calm Mind turn 1, toss a few hits then tera, or just have supportive moveset.

I also do expect the weather / terrain to be reapplied later during the battle and not just be a turn 0 thing, as if they're just a turn 0 thing the best option is to just have 2 people throw defensive cheer t1 and set up from there regardless.

Also thinking of it, with 0 EVs and 31 IVs, Iron Bundle will always have Speed as terrain boost, so removing it doesn't really matter.

I'm wondering if Frosmoth would be a decent support for this raid. Ice Scales and the Ice typing would mean that only Hydro Pump would do meaningful damage to a specially defensive one, and that's only if Bundle is Modest:

0+ SpA Quark Drive Iron Bundle Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Ice Scales Frosmoth: 78-93 (22.6 - 27%) -- 40.4% chance to 4HKO
On this subject, considering that the main offensive move is Hydro Pump and there is the chance it also runs Blizzard, I think accuracy reducing moves may be particularly valiable on support pokemon.
And with that I really just mean Mud-Slap as usual.

As we seen back with Greninja, when the entire kit is inaccurate, accuracy reduction can easily drop the accuracy to 50% or less and be the best mitigation on the market.

Realistically, I think support pokemon should be looking at possibly bringing both Sun (to prevent freezes, reduce Hydro Pump dmg and reduce Bundle's phisical defense) and Mud-Slap, with the obvious Snarl / Struggle Bug / whatever.
I don't think there's any point in trying to hit speed cause Bundle is just too fast, expecially if it gets the Quark Drive boost.

Also while we're thinking of potential pokemon, a shoutout to Archaludon.

Archaludon @ Leftovers / Shell Bell
Ability: Stamina
Tera Type: Steel / Stellar
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Body Press
- Heavy Slam / Iron Head
- Light Screen
- Snarl

This thing gets Snarl? I didn't even know.

Calcs: (I used Dialga with Archaludon stats)
0 SpA Iron Bundle Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Dialga: 67-79 (17.4 - 20.5%) -- possible 7HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 SpA Tera Ice Iron Bundle Freeze-Dry vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Dialga: 114-136 (29.6 - 35.4%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 SpA Tera Ice Iron Bundle Blizzard vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Dialga: 180-212 (46.8 - 55.2%) -- 11.7% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Damage aside Blizzard is very easy to tank and it only gets better once you start adding Light Screen / Snarl

You will meanwhile stack up a metric crapton of +def very quickly, meaning you'll be bonking with Body Press
+6 0 Def Dialga Body Press vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Iron Bundle: 514-606 (203.1 - 239.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
and can use Heavy Slam or Iron Head (not sure which'd hurt more honestly) to stack tera, or just Snarl to reduce damage taken.

I think Stellar tera is the best option to keep the defensive type while also gaining "stab" on Body Press, but going full Steel would make the boss opt for Hydro Pump which can't freeze and is more inaccurate.

Ok, I know this Pokemon is practically the answer to almost any raid, but I don't see anything else that would be able to not only take a hit, but also deal a big one in return.

:SV/Arceus-Steel:
Iron Plate
Tera Steel/Stellar
252 SpA / 252 SpD / 6 HP
Modest Nature

Judgment/Flash Cannon
Acid Spray
Snarl/Calm Mind (Probably Calm Mind so you can you boost your own damage as well)
Recover

I swear, if this thing is gonna have Raid Dance so help me. I just did the calcs and even with a SpD nature Hydro Pump is a guaranteed 2 shot in Rain. I'd rather deal with never missing Blizzards than rain boosted Hydro Pumps. Water types would be a very easy and obvious pick if this thing didn't get Freeze Dry.

(Edit)
Snorlax@Shell Bell
Ability: Thick Fat
Sunny Day
Belly Drum
Heat Crash

Ice resistance with Thick Fat, Sunny Day makes water a resistance as well as preventing Blizzard from freezing. Also removes the def boost from Snowscape
Then Heat Crash is a sun-boosted 120 BP physical move
I'd recommend adding amnesia just to be safe. Although, in regards to Heat Crash, since I don't have the DLC I think I'll use Tera Steel Heavy Slam.

Last edited:

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
:sv/empoleon:
Empoleon @ Shell Bell
Ability: Competitive
EVs: 136 HP / 128 SpA / 244 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Metal Sound
- Ice Spinner / Helping Hand
- Mud-Slap / Helping Hand / Psych Up

The Discord was talking about Empoleon earlier, and I was a little more confident in it than I maybe should be. Turns out Tera Ice Freeze Dry still hurts like hell.

0+ SpA Tera Ice Iron Bundle Freeze-Dry vs. 136 HP / 244+ SpD Empoleon: 96-114 (27.9 - 33.2%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
0+ SpA Tera Ice Iron Bundle Freeze-Dry vs. 136 HP / 244+ SpD Empoleon on a critical hit: 144-170 (41.9 - 49.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
0+ SpA Quark Drive Tera Ice Iron Bundle Freeze-Dry vs. 136 HP / 244+ SpD Empoleon: 124-148 (36.1 - 43.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

That last calc worries me, which is why I opted for Ice Spinner on the set over Mud Slap. These EVs prevent a 3HKO from Freeze Dry, which should be more than cushy enough for you to get set up (though you may need to juggle Flash Cannon and Metal Sound to sustain with Shell Bell), but the Electric Terrain calc is a decent chunk higher. If Bundle puts up terrain early, surviving through the first few turns will be difficult. I really wanted Cloak, but I think the damage is just too high to not use Shell Bell. If you get frozen, Heal Cheer. In multiplayer, Psych Up seems really cool to potentially take advantage of an ally trying to set up Stored Power shenanigans.

Arceus-Steel is definitely better than Empoleon, but that's because it's Arceus. I will not be building an Arceus. Anyway, here's some Paldea Dex answers that I think are a little looser but probably get there eventually:

:sv/hariyama:
Hariyama @ Luminous Moss
Ability: Thick Fat
Tera Type: Fighting / Stellar
EVs: 156 HP / 100 Atk / 252 SpD
Brave Nature
- Drain Punch
- Sunny Day
- Belly Drum
- Mud-Slap

Sunny Day and Luminous Moss work together to get you through the early game, with Drain Punch getting you HP back and Mud-Slap hopefully giving you some extra turns. Belly Drum is still more effective than Bulk Up for setting up most likely, so uh... good luck. Stellar Tera would technically be better, but it requires using 50 Tera Shards for like an extra ten damage per Mud-Slap. If you're a normal person, stick with Fighting, it's easier.

:sv/blissey:
Blissey @ Charcoal
Ability: Serene Grace / Healer
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Flamethrower
- Calm Mind
- Sunny Day
- Softboiled / Life Dew

It's Blissey versus a special attacker. Did you expect something different? Blissey's Special Attack is pretty awful, but Stellar Tera and Bundle's awful Special Defense will hopefully let it get away with Calm Mind.

I think Thick Fat Dewgong is a pretty good wall if you don't mind not contributing anything else to the battle.
I was like, surely Dewgong must have something going for it, then I checked its movepool...

...for how many moves it learns, it's amazingly barren in actually raid useful ones. Almost all of its debuffs are status moves meaning they can't be used behind shields...
It gets Chilling Water sure, which is kinda useless anyway, Icy Wind and uuuh... spam Lick for paralysis procs?
:tymp:

Ngl a shame cause this would have been the 99Head play. I'll stick to Larpas.

:SV/Alcremie:
Alcremie (F) @ Covert Cloak / Light Clay
Ability: Aroma Veil
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Decorate
- Light Screen
- Misty Terrain
- Recover

It's time to put up some Christmas decorations! Here's a purely support Alcremie set to really power up your allies and to ensure that they'll get the job done. Misty Terrain is handy since it removes Electric Terrain and protects from freezes.

Alternatively you could run Psych Up and Draining Kiss to go on the offensive yourself.

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Unrelated, but if you plan to use the item printer I suggest going to town on those Delibird outbreaks. The materials are worth a lot
I still haven’t done much with the item printer - are the Delibird materials worth more than other mons or something?

I still haven’t done much with the item printer - are the Delibird materials worth more than other mons or something?
For whatever reason, the % granted by each material is different. Some give 30+%, whereas others give 10% or less.

I havent personally checked but I'm assuming the Delibird mats are valued 36% or higher.

Delibird Mats are a higher value drop. I think some of them are either “special” Pokemon or gimmick ones that would be vendor trash in other games like Delibird, Ditto, or Eevee.

As for a raid mon, on Mobile so can’t craft ATM, but would Volcanion be notable? Water Absorb and Freeze Dry Neutral, plus Tera Fire to get to a Resist and SE Same Type Tera STAB. Have to check its movepool options but its build seems workable

For whatever reason, the % granted by each material is different. Some give 30+%, whereas others give 10% or less.

I havent personally checked but I'm assuming the Delibird mats are valued 36% or higher.
For reference at a Level 3 (as you upgrade the printer, BP gets cheaper and items become worth more across the board) item printer a single Delibird material accounts for 51%
Ditto is the only one I've seen go higher ,reaching ~60%, but those are comparatively harder to get.

Generally common-ish Pokemon are around 14~18%, "mid tier" Pokemon are in the 20s to 30s. The typical "high end" range is like 36%. Then you've got "premium" which are like Eevee or Happiny an d so on. Delibird is above all of them, followed by Ditto.

Then there's Magikarp which even at Level 3 is only worth 9% lol

Do you have SwSh? Cause you could just teach the move there.
At 1st I thought it wouldn't work since Home loves to replace some of your moves. However, I saw somewhere that if you give a Pokemon a move and transfer it to Home then send it to a game where it can be learned you can actually change the moveset in Home and get it back. Anyways, now for more Support for Online players.

:SV/Umbreon:
Leftovers/Light Clay
Ability doesn't matter
Tera Ice (To avoid freeze)
252 HP / 252 SpD / 6 SpA
Calm Nature

Snarl
Helping Hand
Calm Mind / Light Screen
Moonlight

Umbreon can weaken Hydro Pump with Sunny Day, but that means Moonlight will heal less. I would've picked Hatterene, however not only are her HP and SpD lower than Umbreon's, her HP stat is, well... Needless to say, she will not be surviving much Blizzards or Hydro Pumps. The latter especially if Bundle has Rain Dance.

Leftovers/Light Clay
Ability doesn't matter
Tera Ice (To avoid freeze)
252 HP / 252 SpD / 6 SpA
Calm Nature

Snarl
Helping Hand
Calm Mind / Light Screen
Moonlight

Umbreon can weaken Hydro Pump with Sunny Day, but that means Moonlight will heal less. I would've picked Hatterene, however not only are her HP and SpD lower than Umbreon's, her HP stat is, well... Needless to say, she will not be surviving much Blizzards or Hydro Pumps. The latter especially if Bundle has Rain Dance.
You actually have the option to run Sunny Day + Wish instead of Moonlight. May need to be a bit more proactice on when casting it, but lets you actually provide Sun to most notably replace a potential Snow (which i'm almost sure it'll have, it's both christmas-themey and buffs Bundle's defense)

If you're going to run Sunny Day + a healing move, it should still be Moonlight

Moonlight works better in Sun, healing 66%. Rain/Snow/Sand heals 25% and no weather heals 50%

Moonlight works better in Sun, healing 66%
Oh, that's curious, I would have bet that only Morning Sun had a boost in sun and Moonlight was just nerfed in all weathers.

...doesn't really make sense but heh, even more of a reason to run Sunny Day then

Oh, that's curious, I would have bet that only Morning Sun had a boost in sun and Moonlight was just nerfed in all weathers.

...doesn't really make sense but heh, even more of a reason to run Sunny Day then
Morning Sun, Moonlight, and Synthesis are all clones, completely identical in stats and function save for their types (and even then Morning Sun and Moonlight were both Normal til Gen 6 made Moonlight Fairy). Which one(s) a Pokémon learns is purely flavor.

:Volcanion:
Volcanion @ Covert Cloak / Leftovers / Heat Rock
Ability: Water Absorb
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Sunny Day
- Misty Terrain
- Flamethrower
- Weather Ball

(7590 HP on a 30x HP Bundle)

Can probably move the EVs around but just to theorycraft I went with a max bulk set up. The most dangerous turns will be while QD is active for SpA due to an assumed Turn 0 ET
0+ SpA Quark Drive Iron Bundle Freeze-Dry vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Volcanion: 102-120 (28 - 32.9%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
0+ SpA Iron Bundle Freeze-Dry vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Volcanion: 76-91 (20.8 - 25%) -- 0% chance to 4HKO
0+ SpA Iron Bundle Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Tera Fire Volcanion: 50-59 (13.7 - 16.2%) -- possible 7HKO

4 SpA Tera Fire Volcanion Flamethrower vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Iron Bundle in Sun: 824 ~ 972 -- possible 7HKO on 30x HP

Once it's removed, Volcanion keeps alive relatively okay with Leftovers while the Terrain/Sun will deal with any wayward status procs. Will need some support to speed up the damage dealing, but between Acid Spray, Alcremie, and Coaching I'm sure it can find a few, whether Randoms or organized. And if not it at least carries some less common utility options while not being susceptible to easy KOs itself, so it could work for jumping around Random lobbies to farm.

Weather Ball is a filler move simply because I can't find anything else notable for this raid (due to how linear Bundle's gameplay is as well), so threw it in because it's marginally stronger than Flamethrower while Sun is up and gives a second move to build Tera with. Could also use Body Slam or Mud Shot to build Tera while doing Speed Control instead, especially if allies might set you up for a 1-2HKO if Tera is ready before Shield.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)