Dec 22- 25 - 7* Iron Bundle (Ice)

I can't help but feel that this mon suffers from 4 move syndrome, but nonetheless I have a rather interesting idea.

:SV/Florges:
Light Clay
Ability doesn't matter
Tera Ice
252 HP / 252 SpD / 6 SpA
Calm Nature

Moonblast
Skill Swap
Sunny Day
Synthesis

All these ideas are fun but I think we need to face the facts

It's an Ice type. This is going to be full on Iron Hands ungabunga hours -more so than usual- and we need to just grab someone with Light Screen and Life Dew to spam for 10 minutes so these people dont die.

All these ideas are fun but I think we need to face the facts

It's an Ice type. This is going to be full on Iron Hands ungabunga hours -more so than usual- and we need to just grab someone with Light Screen and Life Dew to spam for 10 minutes so these people dont die.
Yep that's why I'm looking at whatever set I can make so the various Iron Hands can actually unga bunga.

Personally I feel that Sunny Day is unironically the most important thing to provide. Remove any chance for them to be frozen so they can ungabunga harder.
As a sidenote, this event will also feature the return of the Blissey raids if you haven't gotten enough of tera shard farming yet.

View attachment 581393
Prayge for Tera Stellar Blissey

:Mew:
Mew @ Shell Bell
Ability: Synchronize
Tera Type: Stellar
EVs: 76 SpA / 252 SpD / 180 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Acid Spray
- Struggle Bug
- Flamethrower
- Nasty Plot

Outspeeds Modest Iron Bundle so you can Struggle Bug before it attacks. Everything else is invested in SpDef and SpA. If it ends up being Speed Quark Drive, no need to invest in Speed at all, just go for SpDef and SpA. Stellar is such an Arceus-send. No need to use Tera Fire when Stellar is right there.

Probably one of the more debatable supports, but I can see it working.

:SV/Goodra-Hisui:
Shell Bell
Shell Armor
Tera Steel
252 SpD / 252 HP / 6 SpA
Calm Nature

Flash Cannon
Acid Spray
Ice Spinner / Life Dew (Depends on Bundle's nature. If SpA, Ice Spinner. If Speed, Life Dew)
Sunny Day

Assuming Bundle doesn't go for hail on the 1st turn:

0+ SpA Quark Drive Tera Ice Iron Bundle Blizzard vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Goodra-Hisui: 146-174 (40.1 - 47.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
0+ SpA Quark Drive Tera Ice Iron Bundle Freeze-Dry vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Goodra-Hisui: 94-112 (25.8 - 30.7%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

And this is Blizzard without Quark Drive

0+ SpA Tera Ice Iron Bundle Blizzard vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Goodra-Hisui: 112-134 (30.7 - 36.8%) -- 67.4% chance to 3HKO

I've also thought of Ice Calyrex, though I'm really struggling to think if having Trick Room will be ideal. I mean, it does mean your team will be able to heal and set up before Bundle makes a move, but will that really be necessary when you will be reducing his damage with Light Screen and Snarl constantly?

Last edited:
Oh boy, Physical attackers won't be doing so hot unless they are holding the Clear Amulet or have Defiant, but they'll also need good recovery. So since Snorlax lacks recovery he's out of the picture. Although he doesn't set E Terrain up till 75% HP or 80% timer, so if you stop that with Taunt you should be golden.

:flutter mane:
Flutter Mane @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Don't
EVs: 252 HP / 244 SpD / 12 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sunny Day
- Mystical Fire
- Fake Tears
- Misty Terrain / Helping Hand

Been successful with this support Flutter Mane build. Sunny Day removes the Snow and then boosts my SpDef via Protosynthesis. Misty Terrain removes Electric Terrain and protects everyone from freezes. Helping Hand can go here if you run into a lot of MT users. Fake Tears to drop SpDef and Mystical Fire to drop boss's SpA.

Something of note; if you drop their SpA, when they set Electric Terrain, they'll Quark Drive their Speed instead of their SpA.

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It's live and it's everything: starts with Snow+Aurora Veil, Electric Terrain at 75 % HP, Snow again at 50 % Time.

1703204140745.png

Note that Quark Drive takes stat boosts in account. This is relevant since it will be activated midfight. With neutral boosts and the Modest nature, SpA would be raised (by 30 %) by default. But if you lower the SpA, Speed will get the boost instead (50 %).

Use that information wisely: if you aim 309 speed (Bundle being 308) but debuff the special attack, you'll quickly end up slower.

Solo'd w/ Gholdengo using a suboptimal build, but also had two timely Hydro Pump misses (every other one hit, so might have gone differently). Got steamrolled trying Iron Hands

Edit: It never bothered w/ Chilling Water against Hands

Alright, and here I thought Dialga and Palkia were idiots. Bundle was spamming the heck out of his Ice moves even though Snorlax not only had Thick Fat, but was also Tera Fire. He literally only used one water move while Snorlax was Terastallized, and it was a missed Hydro Pump. I take back what I said about the previous raid's ai being so stupid just because they were 5 star. That said, I won't complain here either. I'll take this over... (Shudders) Mewtwo.

(Edit) By the way, I believe Bundle is the very 1st raid to have 2 turn 0 moves.

Last edited:
Trying to bring Brick Break Iron Hands to this online and see if I can rol lsome decent support
another Iron Hands, a Frosmoth, a Terapagos
The Frosmoth set up its own aurora veil, then used...defog? three times i na row??
oh ogd Blizard does SO much damage before Aurora Veil went up and even after it went up...
then i acicdentalyl attacked frosmoth at one point
Pretty sure the terapagos was just frsehl ycaught since it had default moveset so that wasn't helping anyone

So yeah that's maybe not a fully lost cause if you can get a good support Pokemon, but...

Attempt 2 I went with Steel Arceus. I swapped Iron Defense for Calm Mind, but kept Acid Spray, Recover and Judgement
Squad was: Umbreon, Annihilape and Gholdengo
The umbreon was the host and you could tell he was thinking long and hard on if he was going to go through with the raid as everyone else locked in first.
Umbreon sets up Light Screen first, then Fake Tears so I prioritized setting up Calm Minds
I think Annihilape was focusing on keeping people topped off with Heal cheers

Gholdengo meanwhile was setting up Nasty Plots and then uhhhhhhhhh

one shot the Iron Bundle in one go with Make it Rain lmao. Makes it easy!!

Going in with Umbreon alongside Terapagos and Iron Hands (fourth was an AI teammate lol) was completely fine. Iron Bundle doesn't seem to reset its debuffs until well into the battle, so Snarl strats are super useful.

Coming in from Blaines’ server. We just ran OHKO strats with Gholdengo/Magnezone + 3 Perrserkers. Iron Bundle’s Aurora veil did not affect our damage output.
Brick break did not increase our damage. We tried with/without brick break. It looks like the penguin’s veil is bugged.

EDIT: Maybe it is working properly? either way, our calcs are always off. Something about the 30x HP multiplier doesn’t seem to add up.

Last edited:
Here are 2 support sets that work very well with randoms:

Scream Tail @ Light clay 252/0/0/0/252+/4 Sunny day, Light screen, sunny day, fake tears, helping hand. I was running psychic fangs before, but I dropped it since it is bugged.

Magneton @ Eviolite 252/0-/0/0/252+/4 Eerie impulse, screech/metal sound, light screen, sunny day. Very strong and basically unkillable. I kept alive an untrained cinderace spamming pyroball, and let the team have enough time/dmg to win.

Last edited:
1703210009868.png

A raid boss with tera STAB SE Freeze-Dry and specializing in physical defense over HP may be the last place for an Azumarill, but we still push forward despite the odds.

1703209724474.png

Despite my best attempts, Thick Fat Azumarill was a fail, not because of bulk but lack of damage output even with Liquidation defense drops + Leer in this above attempt. I did find that there are many AI partners that can help you survive with the new patch buffing them to actually use support moves, so I took full advantage of that and locked in Arboliva/Gardevoir/Arcanine after a Blissey raid. The new Gardevoir is very helpful with Life Dew healing us to allow for more Belly Drums, while Arboliva also gains the ability to use Safeguard on top of providing passive healing and removing Electric TerrainArcanine also helps out with Leer, though it doesn't get to do much in this setup. My own Azumarill is the typical 252 HP/252 Atk tera Fairy with Play Rough/Mud-Slap/Belly Drum/Amnesia.

0+ SpA Tera Ice Iron Bundle Freeze-Dry vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Azumarill: 320-380 (79.2 - 94%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Iron Bundle barely falls short of OHKOing on Turn 1, so we can set up one Mud-Slap to charge tera and then set an attack cheer before dying to preserve both it and the AI's defense cheers on death, which has still not been patched in 3.0.0. Gardevoir is likely to Life Dew but Bundle can still kill after a defense cheer, unless it goes for perfect accuracy Blizzards which occasionally happens. The shield will go up which means Arcanine only has 1 turn to hit Leer, but it's mainly not needed.
1703210863740.png
1703210870466.png

-1 0+ SpA Tera Ice Iron Bundle Freeze-Dry vs. +4 252 HP / 0 SpD Azumarill: 72-88 (17.8 - 21.7%) -- possible 5HKO
After respawning, I take 2 Amnesias which Iron Bundle will hit for about 80 with Freeze-Dry with (def cheer simulated by -1 SpA), and then hit 2 more Mud-Slaps to build tera charge. Usually Gardevoir can Life Dew up but I also heal cheer for safety since I was at about 280 HP. Belly Drum is usually pretty safe at this point, but without Leer and in snow Azumarill's Play Roughs don't break shield before the 75% HP reset on the 2nd hit. In this run the AI actually ended up breaking the shield for me so I got a free turn to reset Amnesia.

1703210920754.png
1703210933478.png

After I set Belly Drum back, I just spam max power Play Roughs (with the help of Leer) for the rest of the raid in the limited time, not even bothering about Iron Bundle's own stat reset or when it starts to double attack. It was still a very close finish on time with all the wasted healing animations, but I barely got my last attack in before the timer disappeared.

1703210944586.png
1703210951866.png

This clear would probably be improved with an AI that can mitigate Bundle's damage output better (Moonblast Sylveon, Light Screen Bellibolt), but having a bunch of healing is fun too even though it was slower.

Hydro Pump + Freeze-Dry, as expected, is pretty comprehensive coverage. The only Pokemon that resist both moves are Smoochum, Jynx, and Shedinja, but none of those Pokemon are in the game. Water/Ice with Thick Fat (Dewgong, Walrein) can pretend to resist both, so Dewgong is at least an option, for whatever that can do in return. Beyond resisting it, DLC2 also gave us access to a bunch of legends, including Regice--Ice-types are infamously bad with their defensive reputation, but they actually work pretty well here, having the key resist on the double-STAB Ice moves, and a Special Defense that can get over 500 is about as good as the typical resistance to Water. But why not...612?

:xy/frosmoth:
Frosmoth @ Light Clay
Ability: Ice Scales
Calm Nature
- Aurora Veil
- Struggle Bug
- Quiver Dance
- filler attack (Giga Drain/Bug Buzz/etc.)

Frosmoth offers soloing and online support options. If Iron Bundle is going to open with immediate Aurora Veil, you can take advantage of the snow for your team too. You're not going to outspeed out of the gate, but with all this special bulk, Hydro Pump should deal less than 25%, and even has a convenient chance to miss, then starting with screens gives you even more of a runway. If you want, you can put the speed at 206 so you start outspeeding with the first QD, and can then start on the Struggle Bugs to get to +1 vs. -1 for tanking the next hit. Otherwise, dumping the rest in HP and SpA is fine, knowing you won't be faster until the second QD in that case. When you have more QDs down and are ready to attack, Bug Buzz is the most powerful option, or Giga Drain lets you heal off whatever pittance of damage the boss is dealing by this point. This is a case where you might actually want Tera Stellar if you can afford the shards for it: you don't really want to give up the ice typing, but going tera-ice for ice moves as your damage source isn't all that helpful.

Hydro Pump + Freeze-Dry, as expected, is pretty comprehensive coverage. The only Pokemon that resist both moves are Smoochum, Jynx, and Shedinja, but none of those Pokemon are in the game. Water/Ice with Thick Fat (Dewgong, Walrein) can pretend to resist both, so Dewgong is at least an option, for whatever that can do in return. Beyond resisting it, DLC2 also gave us access to a bunch of legends, including Regice--Ice-types are infamously bad with their defensive reputation, but they actually work pretty well here, having the key resist on the double-STAB Ice moves, and a Special Defense that can get over 500 is about as good as the typical resistance to Water. But why not...612?

:xy/frosmoth:
Frosmoth @ Light Clay
Ability: Ice Scales
Calm Nature
- Aurora Veil
- Struggle Bug
- Quiver Dance
- filler attack (Giga Drain/Bug Buzz/etc.)

Frosmoth offers soloing and online support options. If Iron Bundle is going to open with immediate Aurora Veil, you can take advantage of the snow for your team too. You're not going to outspeed out of the gate, but with all this special bulk, Hydro Pump should deal less than 25%, and even has a convenient chance to miss, then starting with screens gives you even more of a runway. If you want, you can put the speed at 206 so you start outspeeding with the first QD, and can then start on the Struggle Bugs to get to +1 vs. -1 for tanking the next hit. Otherwise, dumping the rest in HP and SpA is fine, knowing you won't be faster until the second QD in that case. When you have more QDs down and are ready to attack, Bug Buzz is the most powerful option, or Giga Drain lets you heal off whatever pittance of damage the boss is dealing by this point. This is a case where you might actually want Tera Stellar if you can afford the shards for it: you don't really want to give up the ice typing, but going tera-ice for ice moves as your damage source isn't all that helpful.
Frosmom is good. Light screen is better than veil because you just don’t depend on hail, which can get overwritten by teammates.

1703221166664.png
1703221171877.png

I think the online randoms of SV are having a very bad time with this raid and I'm glad it's only sticking around for a few days. Iron Bundle systematically lures in and destroys Fire types, boxart legendaries, Iron Hands, and even ill-prepared steel types. I tried Iron Crown for a while because I heard it was ok with Calm Mind/Metal Sound setup + being able to proc Quark Drive, but this was the only time so far I could get it to win because there was a Perrserker who set Fake Tears before dying, and it let me OHKO right after we broke the shield, which is a good thing because I don't think these guys would survive the double attack phase. I saw Frosmoth and also Grimmsnarl with Spirit Break doing work but it didn't save any runs.

Also the Blissey raids don't drop Happiny dust unfortunately. I still prefer playing those instead though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)