Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer MK IV: Read the FAQ in the Opening Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
While it might work in the anime, I'm not sure that this would work in the games. Yet aren't exactly the most consistent with eachother.
Watch the youtube video please. at 9:00 you will see honchkrow brave birding empoleon for NVE damage, and as water does not resist flying, empoleon has its steel typing back, empoleon then is hurt by toxic damage. This is a battle on wifi on the DS, so its as close too a fact as you will ever get. at the very beginninbg of the video, you will see spade load up the game ( think its white version).

Stratos

Banned deucer.
CrazyBacon is correct, if a Pokemon which usually has a status immunity is soaked, statused, and then switched out and back in, it will regain its immune type but still be statused.

I wasn't disagreeing, I was just pointing out that Tge Anime isn't always the most correct reference for the video games.

Sorry if it seemed random- for some reason I thought you were citing the anime. (I didn't har time to watch the video.)

BurningMan

fueled by beer
Why is Stealth Rock and Sap Sipper an illegal combination?

because Sap Sipper is a DW Ability and the Pokemon can only learn Stealth Rock in 4th Gen via TM.

I don`t know which Pokemon you mean btw. but i am 99% sure that the answer is correct nonetheless.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
because Sap Sipper is a DW Ability and the Pokemon can only learn Stealth Rock in 4th Gen via TM.

I don`t know which Pokemon you mean btw. but i am 99% sure that the answer is correct nonetheless.
well i checked and i am pretty sure he is asking about miltank? nothing else gets both of these as far as i know

but yes, burningman would be correct

i am just trying to fully understand how unaware works.

i send out quagsire and lets say dnite dragon dances. it still shows the animation of the dragon dance? but the stats dont change? if that is the case.. do the stats stilll stay ignored if i switch quagsire out so long as dnite doesnt dragon dance again?

i send out quagsire and lets say dnite dragon dances. it still shows the animation of the dragon dance? but the stats dont change? if that is the case.. do the stats stilll stay ignored if i switch quagsire out so long as dnite doesnt dragon dance again?
Partially right. From Bulbapedia: "Unaware ignores the foe's positive or negative stat changes, with the exception of Speed. For example, if the foe uses Iron Defense, and a Pokémon with this Ability uses a physical move on the foe, the damage dealt will be the same as if Iron Defense was not used. Likewise, if the foe has previously been affected by Tail Whip, damage dealt to it by the Pokémon with Unaware will be as if Tail Whip had not been used." And no, the stats do not stay ignored.

To simplify what gamer4000 said, basically the stat changes are still there when Quagsire (or any other Unaware Pokemon) is in battle, but they don't do anything for either Pokemon while it is in battle. As soon as the Unaware Pokemon leaves the battle, all the stat changes come in affect again. As such, it is possible for a Pokemon to set up on Quagsire before it KOs it or forces it out somehow, as as soon as Quagsire is gone all the boosts it acquired come into play.

Also, it should be noted that Unaware does not affect boosts that don't rely on "stages", so things like Choice Band, Life Orb and Torrent/Blaze boosts are still in effect even if Unaware is active.

Is capture info from 4th gen (i.e. met at New Bark Town at level 5) lost when a Pokémon is transferred via Poké Transfer (since it doesn't appear on the status screen in B/W), or is it just hidden and can be examined with something like PokéCheck?
New page... anyone?

Has Multiscale Lugia been released yet?
I'm pretty sure it hasn't. Legendary DW Abilities in general have not been released, to my knowledge at least.

@Misdreavus I'm not sure but I can test. I have a Scizor on my White that I bred in Pearl, so if you give me a few minutes I can figure it out.

@Misdreavus: The information from the previous game is overwritten; instead you have data based on when you received it from the Poke Transfer station, or at least that appears to be the case when I checked it using Pokecheck. So yes, it would appear the information is lost.

What team would be better?
A core of Rapid Spin Starmie, Standard Ferrothorn and Offensive Volcarona

or

Rapid Spin Starmie, Standard Ferrothorn, Mixed Infernape and DD Dragonite?

I can't seem to decide which path to take in my team building.

@DankDawson: I personally would go the DNite route. DNite and Nape could go very well together, as Dnite can easily sweep once SR has been removed (Starmie) and walls have been weakened. (Mixape). However, Volc is a very potent sweeper, so it's really personal preference.

I'd probably go with the Dnite and Infernape route too, but for different reasons. Ferrothorn is going to attract Fire type attacks, and Starmie isn't reliably sturdy enough to take them. Dragonite on the other hand... But then again, I'm a very conservative and defensive player so my style might not match up with yours.

Would you guys go with Starmie or Tentacruel for the rapid spinner? Or maybe even Forretress.. Idfk. Let me know what you think, and thanks!

Would you guys go with Starmie or Tentacruel for the rapid spinner? Or maybe even Forretress.. Idfk. Let me know what you think, and thanks!
Yah know we're not here to build your whole team right?

Anyway, depends on what you need more. If you need something with bulk and utility, Tentacruel is a better choice. If you really need the speed that Starmie brings or intend on actually attacking with your spinner, then take Starmie. I'd only use Forretress if you really needed a) A defensive Steel type (I don't know what your other two pokemon are) or b) are cramped for space and need to squeeze rapid spin and SR/spikes into one Pokemon.

But really, it IS up to you to decide this stuff.

@Misdreavus I'm not sure but I can test. I have a Scizor on my White that I bred in Pearl, so if you give me a few minutes I can figure it out.

@Misdreavus: The information from the previous game is overwritten; instead you have data based on when you received it from the Poke Transfer station, or at least that appears to be the case when I checked it using Pokecheck. So yes, it would appear the information is lost.
Thank you very much for checking! I imagine it would be the same situation between 3rd and 4th gen (3rd gen info lost when migrated via Pal Park).

Is TrickScarf CM Latias a good idea in this meta? Or is it a hopeless gimmick?
I don't really see the benefit of it. Trick just wastes a moves slot that could be used for a coverage move or Recover. (or Psyshock for Blissey) You also have to waste a turn tricking before you set up.

If you're afraid of Blissey, I recommend just using Psyshock.

Where is that thread about the in-game tier for Black/White?

Just got Pkm Black and really forgot about the whole gen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)