Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer MK IV: Read the FAQ in the Opening Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Females pass on Natures (With Everstone), Males pass on moves. Also, I think Ditto can pass on Natures too with an Everstone but can't remember which way around it works. I think the Ditto has to be the "female" side.
Actually, the male can pass on the Nature as well now, but the male is still the only one that can pass on Egg moves.

If a theoretical Imposter Ditto comes in on a poison-type when Toxic Spikes are up, is it poisoned?
Entry hazards always take effect before Abilities, so Ditto won't absorb the Toxic Spikes and will always take normal damage from Spikes and SR. I think this is also true if Ditto comes in after Cresselia uses Lunar Dance, which means Ditto would get healed from the move, then take hazard damage, and finally, would have Imposter activate.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Actually, the male can pass on the Nature as well now, but the male is still the only one that can pass on Egg moves.
Ah, I had heard something about this, thanks for pointing that out! :) Wasn't sure so just left it how I knew it lol!

Females pass on Natures (With Everstone), Males pass on moves. Also, I think Ditto can pass on Natures too with an Everstone but can't remember which way around it works. I think the Ditto has to be the "female" side.
Actually, it is both in HG/SS and B/W, but only female in Emerald/D/P/Pt.

Ditto counts as the female when breeding btw.

Can anyone recommend me a fairly original/non standard phazer?
Well there's bulky Salamence and Gyarados, which can be found on their respective pages (just use the search bar at the top of this page). Those are probably the only non-standard ones that wouldn't be too gimmicky.

I have a DW Wobbuffet. While breeding with the incense to get a Wynaut, I'm discovering that none of them are inheriting "telepathy", getting only the shadow tag ability. Does the ability passing of the female DW pokes, only refer to certain pokes or evolution types?

I have a DW Wobbuffet. While breeding with the incense to get a Wynaut, I'm discovering that none of them are inheriting "telepathy", getting only the shadow tag ability. Does the ability passing of the female DW pokes, only refer to certain pokes or evolution types?
Make sure the other Pokemon isn't Ditto. DW Abilities can't be passed on if one of the parents is Ditto.

Is Breloom still the best Pokémon to use to catch non-roamer non-Ghost Pokémon (Spore + False Swipe)? Is Gallade the best Pokémon to catch roamers (Mean Look + Hypnosis + False Swipe)? Smeargle can do everything, but his False Swipe is so weak...

I'd say so unless you want to include Synchronize. And Smeargle could run Spore, Block, Belly Drum, False Swipe or something along those lines.

Can anyone send me a link for a hack checker that actually works with CLEAR instructions on how to use it? Either that, or maybe a link on how to use poke gen on a ds lite for fifth gen. I can't understand what to do for poke gen since the website doesn't give instructions for a ds lite... Any suggestions you have are greatly appreciated!

Is capture info from 4th gen (i.e. met at New Bark Town at level 5) lost when a Pokémon is transferred via Poké Transfer (since it doesn't appear on the status screen in B/W), or is it just hidden and can be examined with something like PokéCheck?

haunter

Banned deucer.
swellow and ursaring get stab on it, heracross has better choices. Btw you can use toxic orb and quick feet on ursaring to bypass its mediocre speed.

Quilava, Elekid, Horsea, Blissey, Togetic.

decent team so far in SoulSilver? Have 2 badges at the moment.

[PokeWalker routes]

Have a Munchlax, Duskull, Bronzor, Magikarp [Bounce] in my PC Box, all with favorable natures.. as well as the Johto region that I can access currently between Gym 2 and Gym 3.

any changes that might be best? Or Pokemon for the future?

Quilava, Elekid, Horsea, Blissey, Togetic.

decent team so far in SoulSilver? Have 2 badges at the moment.

[PokeWalker routes]

Have a Munchlax, Duskull, Bronzor, Magikarp [Bounce] in my PC Box, all with favorable natures.. as well as the Johto region that I can access currently between Gym 2 and Gym 3.

any changes that might be best? Or Pokemon for the future?
You're in game man, I'm sure that you can't screw yourself over unless you really try hard. It looks like a finely balanced team to me; go for it. I'm sure you'll do fine. I recomend you just pick whichever Pokemon you like best for the last slot; in-game is when you get the opportunity to use Pokemon you like as opposed to competitively viable ones, so I suggest you take advantage of it.

Crazy Bacon said:
If you watch at about 2:15 spades opponents empoleon gets soaked and then toxiced, then at 6:40 empoleon comes back out and gets damaged by poison.
While it might work in the anime, I'm not sure that this would work in the games. Yet aren't exactly the most consistent with eachother.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)