Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer MK IV: Read the FAQ in the Opening Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
This question may be a bit weird...
On the RMT part when you view someone's thread there is that "like this" button next to the luvdisc picture. Before maybe 3 days ago i wasn't able to even see that button except for the threads that were liked a lot already, but now i can like any thread i want. Can someone tell me what happened?

I'm not certain, but it might be because you got up to 100 posts in the last 3 days, which could be the first time you can 'like' threads.

If i have two Pokemon with 31/30/30/31/31/31 that i wish to breed to get offspring with HP Ice; which Power item shall i place on the male in order to maximise the chance of HP ICE offspring?

Stratos

Banned deucer.
There is none, all of the IV's have to work properly. Just place it in the stat most important (Spe, or spA probably)

I've noticed that it's been almost a year since the release of Pokemon Black and White in the United States and an even longer time since it's release in Japan. I'm wondering when Smogon is going to make changes to the website to make it look more based on 5th gen than 4th gen. The tabs are labeled with 4th Gen Pokemon (Infernape, Lucario and Electivire) and the Damage Calculator doesn't even allow you to run calculations on any 5th gen pokemon or 5th gen moves.In simpler terms, my question is this: Will we be expecting a change to the Smogon website, if so, how long should we have to wait, if not, why not?

Let's say I want a Weavile with Low Kick/Ice Punch/Ice Shard/Pursuit, but I don't have access to Platinum (Low Kick = 4G tutor move). Since Weavile is in the Field egg group, can a male Smeargle with Low Kick pass it down as an egg move?

Let's say I want a Weavile with Low Kick/Ice Punch/Ice Shard/Pursuit, but I don't have access to Platinum (Low Kick = 4G tutor move). Since Weavile is in the Field egg group, can a male Smeargle with Low Kick pass it down as an egg move?
Low Kick is not an Egg move, nor a TM or Level up move, as such it cannot learn it via breeding in any way. The only way to learn it is through a HGSS move tutor (It doesn't get it in Plat either, only in HGSS).

How come un-nicknamed Pokémon retain Japanese text as their name when caught in a Japanese game and traded to an English game? I believe there is a bit reserved for whether or not a Pokémon is nicknamed, so if it isn't nicknamed, I would think that it would just take on the English species name in the English cart.

well i checked and i am pretty sure he is asking about miltank? nothing else gets both of these as far as i know

but yes, burningman would be correct
Sorry about not being specific, I thought it was true with others. Yes I did mean Miltank and thanks for the explanation. I'll be more specific with my posts in the future.

How come un-nicknamed Pokémon retain Japanese text as their name when caught in a Japanese game and traded to an English game? I believe there is a bit reserved for whether or not a Pokémon is nicknamed, so if it isn't nicknamed, I would think that it would just take on the English species name in the English cart.
I think it's because the game doesn't check any of that stuff unless the Pokemon evolves, which is why you could have an Effect Spore Breloom from Gen 3 whose PID would actually have given it Poison Heal.

I am editing the Swords Dance Gliscor set on its Smogon analysis, making it Jolly and giving it enough Speed to outpace Adamant Lucario. Would it be better to take its EVs out of Defense or HP?

Defense, since it only weakens one of your defensive stats (you'd take more damage from physical attacks). HP affects both.

Breakdown:
Lower Defense = Hurt more by Physical Attacks
Lower HP = Hurt more by Physical and Special attacks, may affect Substitute usage.

Obviously pick the lesser of the two evils here.

I am editing the Swords Dance Gliscor set on its Smogon analysis, making it Jolly and giving it enough Speed to outpace Adamant Lucario. Would it be better to take its EVs out of Defense or HP?
When you're taking EVs out of defenses to put into other stats, you pretty much always leave HP alone unless it's a Pokemon that's overflowing with it like Blissey or Snorlax. So in your case, I'd say take it out of Defense, not HP. At least you're only weakening one side of your defenses instead of both that way.

Edit: How'd I get ninja'd by Treadshot D:

Stratos

Banned deucer.
To be more specific, you take out of the defense unless the HP base stat is more than double the defensive stat. Someone posted the math a while back, but that's the important part to know

I'm trying to breed a Regenerator Mienfoo with HP Ice, but the closest I'm coming either sees me with low Speed or low HP. I'm currently using a E/31/E/31/31/31 baby with my flawless Ditto, but I'm not having much luck.

Does anybody have a HP Ice Ditto I could perhaps borrow or even trade for to help a breeder out? Would be deeply appreciated.

I try to use pickup to collect more rare candy. But I'm not sure that I should use range 31-40 or 41+

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pick_Up

From table at 31-40 range I have chance to get rare candy at 5%
Whlile at 41+ there are chance to get rare candy 10% but also has chance to get other item too. It's mean that chance to get rare candy is 10/6%.

I'm not sure my calculate is correct. that why I ask here.

I try to use pickup to collect more rare candy. But I'm not sure that I should use range 31-40 or 41+

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pick_Up

From table at 31-40 range I have chance to get rare candy at 5%
Whlile at 41+ there are chance to get rare candy 10% but also has chance to get other item too. It's mean that chance to get rare candy is 10/6%.

I'm not sure my calculate is correct. that why I ask here.

It's 10%, you're reading the table wrong. It's misleading, but it actually means that there's a 10% chance per item under that list, not grouped together.

So at Lv41 - 50, you have a 60% chance of picking up one of the following - Escape Rope / X-Attack / Full Heal / Ultra Ball / Hyper Potion / Rare Candy - with all of them being as frequent as each other.

Basically, you have a better 4% chance at Lv41+ of finding a Rare Candy than at 31-40.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)