Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 24 (READ THE OP)

Can you repost an RMT?
Because I posted my RMT awhile ago, and now its completely different.
I changed almost everyhting on it (Format, Pictures, pokemon, etc)
So I was wondering if I could just repost the one I have, so I don't have to type up a whole new one

If a pokemon recovers from pokerus (has the smiley face on its profile), does it still recieve 2x the EVs? The Smogon article says yes, but Serebii says no.

On shoddy, how do you view where you stand among other people? Like I've seen people say "I rated 1500 with this team, etc" but where do you see how well your team has been doing?

Despite being here for 4 years, I'd like to ask where do the majority of battles happen about here on smogon. On shoddy, or on IRC chats? Where do most people lurk and the most well-know, best battlers go about?

I've been battling in the wifi threads here on the forums but its getting tiresome, it takes 5-10 minutes to get my battle started, and half the people I battle happen to be brand new users that signed up on the same day (not that I discourage new users). I want to get battles instantly, but I'm having trouble getting on IRC and stuff. I see that hundreds of thousands battles happen mostly on shoddy, right? Any help would be appreicated.

(I was here more towards the 3rd gen days with an old program that was similar to shoddy)

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
What do people mean, when they say they use legal hacks?
It means they used a hacking device to get their Pokemon but they've stayed within the possible confines of the game. This commonly means no impossible EV spreads, no impossible IVs, no illegal movesets on Pokemon.

ev spreads, simple question, hopefully simple answer

Details
- game: Pokemon Heart Gold
- trying to: Get my team rated
- issue: without a complete EV spread, I can't post without getting an infraction. as it states in rule 6 (http://www.smogon.com/forums/announcement.php?f=119&a=121), the EV spreads are needed.

I need to know how to find the EV spread. I've checked http://www.smogon.com/ingame/guides/ev_manual and every page that links from there, and cannot find anything about how to find the EV spread. It could be that I'm sick and tired of trying to find it, but I can't find it. It'd help if somebody could post how to find the EV spread, or a link showing how to get it, it'd be appreciated.

How do you infect other pokemon with Pokerus? I placed the infected pokemon in my PC along with a bunch of other pokemon but so far it still hasn't spread yet. Is there a specific timeframe that has to pass before it can spread?

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Details
- game: Pokemon Heart Gold
- trying to: Get my team rated
- issue: without a complete EV spread, I can't post without getting an infraction. as it states in rule 6 (http://www.smogon.com/forums/announcement.php?f=119&a=121), the EV spreads are needed.

I need to know how to find the EV spread. I've checked http://www.smogon.com/ingame/guides/ev_manual and every page that links from there, and cannot find anything about how to find the EV spread. It could be that I'm sick and tired of trying to find it, but I can't find it. It'd help if somebody could post how to find the EV spread, or a link showing how to get it, it'd be appreciated.
EVs aren't something you just have. You earn EVs by battling specific Pokemon. Different Pokemon give you different amount of EVs for different stats. You're supposed to keep track of which EVs you've earned when you train your Pokemon. This gives you the EV spread.

How do you infect other pokemon with Pokerus? I placed the infected pokemon in my PC along with a bunch of other pokemon but so far it still hasn't spread yet. Is there a specific timeframe that has to pass before it can spread?
An uninfected Pokémon must be next to a Pokémon infected with Pokérus in the main party for the virus to spread. So putting the Pokerus mon in the 2nd slot will spread it to the 1st and 3rd slots. It will not spread in the PC you must carry the Pokemon with you.

EVs aren't something you just have. You earn EVs by battling specific Pokemon. Different Pokemon give you different amount of EVs for different stats. You're supposed to keep track of which EVs you've earned when you train your Pokemon. This gives you the EV spread.
thanks man
So if you haven't kept track, good luck in guessing?

When I release the Lati@s (SS, after the copycat thingy) and I kill him. Will he respawn after beating the E4? If yes, can I RNG him then or do I need to do that when I talk to Steven

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
@ Sythe: If you know the IVs, you can use a calculator. Google 'IV calculator' or somesuch, I'd use Serebii's. If not, you could use EV reducing berries to start from scratch, to keep track of them.

@ Hobbers: I can only answer the second part: I think he does respawn, but I can say with certainty that the IVs would be different if it did, and so it could be RNG'd

I know that unbadged members cannot use images in their signature, but when editing my signature I noticed that all members DO have animated GIF permission. My question is how do you put these into signatures? I have tried all the usual ways and I'm getting no luck.

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
I know that unbadged members cannot use images in their signature, but when editing my signature I noticed that all members DO have animated GIF permission. My question is how do you put these into signatures? I have tried all the usual ways and I'm getting no luck.

My guess is once Upload Images is Off then Upload Animated GIFs is automatically disabled. That'll be why it doesn't matter if it says whether you have permission or not.

Bah, okay then my next question...how do you get that line that shows where your signature to dissapear >.> if you just have a blank signature the line stays. I've looked for a 'remove signature' button but of course life isn't that simple.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)