Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 24 (READ THE OP)

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Bah, okay then my next question...how do you get that line that shows where your signature to dissapear >.> if you just have a blank signature the line stays. I've looked for a 'remove signature' button but of course life isn't that simple.
When you post a message, untick the box that says 'Show your signature'. Do you see it? It's right next to the box you're typing in.

If I use a money hax on fire red to buy coins and get a dratini and then i EV Spread and train, and after that if i migrate it, will it be able to be used in Competitions?

If I use my AR to get the hacked wonder cards (dogs,pichu ect) would the game now be considered "hacked" and wont pass hack checks?

When you post a message, untick the box that says 'Show your signature'. Do you see it? It's right next to the box you're typing in.
Is there another way though? This only affects the message you are posting in and when you go to type another message, your signature will remain unless you untick the box again.

Sarcasm is mean :( but funny because actually no, I didn't see it.

EDIT @ below -

Oh ok, sorry it just seemed that you were pointing out this obvious box or something. I'll deal with the box then. Bah. Thank you for the help.

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Is there another way though? This only affects the message you are posting in and when you go to type another message, your signature will remain unless you untick the box again.

Sarcasm is mean :( but funny because actually no, I didn't see it.
Eh I wasn't trying to be sarcastic. From what I can see you can either disable signatures on a post by post basis or make it so the forum displays absolutely nobody's signatures. I think you're going to have to put up with the hassle of ticking that little box.

Will i get to activate a pinch berry again if i recycled it and survived the last attack? like i was hiding behind substitute or opponent attack missed/switched out. Or maybe when his attack couldnt kill me due to resistances.

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
Will i get to activate a pinch berry again if i recycled it and survived the last attack? like i was hiding behind substitute or opponent attack missed/switched out. Or maybe when his attack couldnt kill me due to resistances.
If you're still in the pinch berry HP range then the boost would activate immediately upon recycling. Though I doubt there are any opponents out there stupid enough to leave you alone with that much health left.

when i'm trying to enter my HG game into the AR, it tells me to give it the game ID. can someone tell me what is that?

also, i'm considering getting a new AR, what would you suggest: the one for the DS lite or the one for the DSi? and why?

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
DarkVirus, most likely not, but why would it matter? The only time I can think of that your cart would have to pass a hack check would be for the VGCs, and they'll be requiring different carts next year anyway.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2873955

This is all I could find

when i'm trying to enter my HG game into the AR, it tells me to give it the game ID. can someone tell me what is that?

also, i'm considering getting a new AR, what would you suggest: the one for the DS lite or the one for the DSi? and why?
Sources tell me:

Once you have the game put it into the AR and it will show up in the lower left corner of the screen.If this doesn't work you'll have to go to the AR website.
And I would definitely suggest the DS Lite Action Replay because there's always a chance that Action Replay can mess up your DS, DS Lite, or DSi, so I would rather lose the less valuable DS if there was a problem.

Question on Move Sets of D/P, HGSS

Hey so I'm currently playing a couple of my pokemon games, and I wanted to train a Persian in my Leaf Green version, and i had a question about the moves of this Persian:

say i train my Persian to level 50 in my Leaf Green and then migrate it over to my Pearl version - will the Persian be able to go to the move tutor in my Pearl version and learn Nasty Plot (which it would have learned at level 44)?

will the persian be able to learn it from the move tutor or will it just not be there in the list of moves that it can learn?
i just want to make sure that if i train it a certain way that it can still have the desired moveset

-- thanks in advance :)

Purugly6:

Your Persian can still learn Nasty Plot from the move maniac (also called "move relearner" or, confusingly, "move tutor") even if it was migrated from a GBA game at a level where it couldn't have learned that move.

The list of moves is generated from the level-up moves for that Pokemon from the version being played. This list can change between the Diamond/Pearl and Platinum versions. For example, Ponyta learns Flame Wheel at level 15, where it doesn't in Diamond and Pearl. If Ponyta is migrated to a Diamond or Pearl game at level 20, it can learn Tackle, Growl, Tail Whip, Ember, or Stomp from the move maniac. However, if it's migrated to a Platinum game at the same level, it can instead learn Tackle, Growl, Tail Whip, Flame Wheel, Ember, or Stomp from the move maniac.

when you put the game in it says unknown game and in the bottom corner of the top screen it shows a code. write it down then go to add game(in the game list) and put the code in. the the game is there but with no codes.

There have been multiple discussions on Smogon over whether or not Pokemon breeded with hacked parents are legitimate or not, and for the most part, it seems they are unwanted. But the majority of these discussions seem to have concluded this on the fact that it is extremely difficult to get perfect spread children randomly, and therefore, people doing this have an unfair advantage.

With RNG, however, everyone has the ability to obtain perfect IV-spread pokemon. So what if the child Pokemon, a parent of a Ditto w/ a perfect spread and a random Pokemon, was created using RNG? Would they still be considered semi-legitimate/hacked?

There have been multiple discussions on Smogon over whether or not Pokemon breeded with hacked parents are legitimate or not, and for the most part, it seems they are unwanted.

However, what if the child Pokemon, a parent of a Ditto w/ a perfect spread and a random Pokemon, was created using RNG? Would they still be considered semi-legitimate/hacked?
Just as you said in the first paragraph, it's very controversial. So it really depends on the opinion of who you're trading, and your own opinion

DarkVirus, most likely not, but why would it matter? The only time I can think of that your cart would have to pass a hack check would be for the VGCs, and they'll be requiring different carts next year anyway.

just beucase i like to have 1 runthough where i hack the crap out of the game for items and save grinding up levels and getting team i want ( not with pokesav) and another time where i dont at all except for things that i cannot otherwise access that everyone else can

If a friend send me a Jolteon with Seals on his Pokeball, will it still have his seals with me?

If no, how can I send seals from one game to another?

^ I don't think you can transfer seals to another game since when the seals are linked to a pokeball, it seems to be only for your current team as if you deposit the pokemon will lose all seals connected to it's pokeball. I guess the same goes for trading.

My own question : I have seen many questions about legitimacy issues... isn't there some good reference in the aspect of a guide or something on this forum? maybe it should be stickied or put up in the first post of this thread or something... (well actually I ask this more to get access to such reference than to try n get such a thread up somwhere)

Anyways, can anyone link me to anything regarding that? I hate asking 21 questions when I can just read a clear guide concerning the info I seek

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)