Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 24 (READ THE OP)

theangryscientist

angry, not mad
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PsychoLogikS said:
Here's my question..

Let's say my scizor got poekrus and machobrace onm and i defeated a starly. First of all, starly give 1 EV points in speed. with machobrace it double the EV points from it, And with the pokerus on its ALSO double the EV. It is doubling the EV that give starly or the EV after the macho brace doubled the EVs.

Thanks in advance
1 EV from Starly doubled by Macho Brace = 2 EVs
2EVs doubled by Pokerus = 4 EVs total per Starly

I have a whole bunch of questions

1) when and how often or the pokemon movesets pages. Some are out of date (victreebel for exemple says a sowrds dance set is pointless, because the best physcal STAB is razor leaf, eventhough it learns leaf blade)

2) is this a good swords dance victreebel set (need it for a roulette battle) It's a mid game sweeper.

victreebel @ life orb
chlorophyll
252 atk 4 hp 252 spd
adament
leaf blade
sucker punch
swords dance
sleep powder

3) why is Arceus banned in uber? Isn't uber for the must broken pokemon?

4) is there plans for a bl tier? I think it would be a fairly fun and interesting metagame

5) what is the complet breeding chain too teach tentacreul rapid spin?

6) Is sand atack banned in compedative play? My friend used it so I'm wondering?

7) does the move metrnome bypass all clauses? for exemple if metrnome gets pure cold and kos my pokemon, is that legal?

8) What's a great UU/BL/NUthat would work great in the new salamenceles metagame? (not counting shaymain)

theangryscientist

angry, not mad
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Mr_br_kill said:

1) when and how often or the pokemon movesets pages. Some are out of date (victreebel for exemple says a sowrds dance set is pointless, because the best physcal STAB is razor leaf, eventhough it learns leaf blade)

2) is this a good swords dance victreebel set (need it for a roulette battle) It's a mid game sweeper.

victreebel @ life orb
chlorophyll
252 atk 4 hp 252 spd
adament
leaf blade
sucker punch
swords dance
sleep powder

4) is there plans for a bl tier? I think it would be a fairly fun and interesting metagame

6) Is sand atack banned in compedative play? My friend used it so I'm wondering?

7) does the move metrnome bypass all clauses? for exemple if metrnome gets pure cold and kos my pokemon, is that legal?

8) What's a great UU/BL/NUthat would work great in the new salamenceles metagame? (not counting shaymain)
1. Whenever someone gets around to them.
2. I don't know enough about victreebell or the lower tiers to help here.
3. Arceus is banned because the only legally obtainable one is level 100, which means it can only have up to 100 EVs in each stat. The programmers for Shoddy Battle were busy with Shoddy Battle 2 and didn't want to take the extra time to implement this restriction.
4. BL is a banlist, not a tier. There are no plans to change this as far as I know.
5. I don't breed, so I can't answer this.
6. Sand-Attack is not banned, since its effects can be cancelled quite easily by switching. It's the evasion-boosting moves (Double Team and Minimize) that are banned.
7. I'm not sure about this, but I would assume it can't use banned moves.
8. Pretty much anything that couldn't get anything done because of Salamence will work much better in OU now, but Shaymin is the one that's going to work the best now.

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
Lets See:
1) They are only changed when they are out of date, so someone would need to point that out.

2) I don't play UU, so I'm not sure, but it does look like it gets walled by bulky steels.

3) It is banned because it is only obtainable at level 100, so it can only have 100 EVs in each stat, something for which Shoddy Battle is not equipped. It is, however, allowed in the extended game.

4) I haven't heard any, and I'm not sure it would be that good. I suppose the suspect ladder for UU would be roughly the same.

5) You are looking for Blastoise=>Kabutops=>Tentacruel, for the easiest way. Look on Serebii on the Pokedex page for Tentacruel.

6) It depends on what the rules are, but most players don't like it anyway because of the hax that ensues. I believe that it is not banned most of the time because the player can just switch.

7) Yes, it does. Although if sheer cold hits, you may induce ragequitting: I know I probably would.

8) I think this will be up to the test of everyone, but nothing springs to mind. Mence didn't really put anything into UU/BL tht Nite or Flygon won't.

victreebel @ life orb
chlorophyll
252 atk 4 hp 252 spd
adament
leaf blade
sucker punch
swords dance
sleep powder

1) If you think it's really important, you should head over to here: (http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45067) or you can make a new thread here: (http://www.smogon.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=101). Keep in mind there's no NU sub-forum so this would be for use in UU or OU.

2) If by spd you mean Spe(Speed) and not SpD(Special Defense), You would probably want to use Jolly instead of Adamant, although I think that Victreebel isn't a very good Swords Dance candidate. I would much rather use a Cacturne, but many people would prefer a Venusaur.

3) Ubers is a banlist for OU, but Arceus is banned from Ubers because it cannot be properly EV trained. Every legal Arceus comes from an event that puts it at level 100 and since the box trick no longer works, it can only gain a maximum of 100 EVs in any stat using vitamins.

4) Probably not, BL is a banlist for UU but they might be reconsidered for use in UU or aren't broken enough to be pushed all the way to OU.

5) 1. Male Blastoise with Rapid Spin, female Kabutops
2. Male Kabutops with Rapid Spin, female Tentacruel\

6) No it is not banned

7) On battle simulators like Shoddy, Metronome cannot select moves that would violate the clause, they will just fail, such as Double Team, Fissure, or Spore when another Pokémon is already asleep. On Wi-Fi you may forfeit the game if you violate a clause with Metronome, I am not positive on that though, you should ask in the Wi-Fi forum if that's what you're wondering.

8) NU Pokémon should never, ever, be used in OU. Salamence was generally a sweeper, there wasn't a specific niche of Pokémon that Salamence took out of usage, other than weaker Dragons. So the only Pokémon I predict will gain usage in OU without Salamence will be Kingdra, Flygon, and Dragonite.

I hope these answers helped. (Not ninjad)

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
great great... But in that way, the 'power' items are more effectively if I want more EV in speed then machobrace?
The difference being that the Power Anklet doesn't double the amount the EV you earn but adds 4 Speed EVs to what you would earn normally. So yes you can say it's more efficient. By equipping Power Anklet you could earn 2 types of EVs at the same time.

Man, that stinks. I was going to try giving a wild pokemon that ability so it wouldn't struggle to death, but I guess that idea is out >.> Thanks for the help.

The difference being that the Power Anklet doesn't double the amount the EV you earn but adds 4 Speed EVs to what you would earn normally. So yes you can say it's more efficient. By equipping Power Anklet you could earn 2 types of EVs at the same time.
Yes but doing that is not suggested because you can accidentally mix up the poke's EVs and then you have to go through the process of getting 11 of each EV Reducing berry (i.e Kelpsey, Qualot, etc) and resetting the poke's EVs.

Question: Is it possible for someone to make a pokemon unbreedable using hacks? The Kabutops I got was level 100 and they did not work with my Tentacruel.

Also, Everstone will give you a 50% chance of passing the parent's nature down to its child. Can this increase to 100% if both parents are of the same nature and are both holding everstones?

Yes but doing that is not suggested because you can accidentally mix up the poke's EVs and then you have to go through the process of getting 11 of each EV Reducing berry (i.e Kelpsey, Qualot, etc) and resetting the poke's EVs.

Question: Is it possible for someone to make a pokemon unbreedable using hacks? The Kabutops I got was level 100 and they did not work with my Tentacruel.
Not sure; I wouldn't think so. Are you really sure that they can't breed though? If the daycare man is telling you anything but "they like to play with the other Pokemon more than each other", it should be fine. It just may take a while.

Also, Everstone will give you a 50% chance of passing the parent's nature down to its child. Can this increase to 100% if both parents are of the same nature and are both holding everstones?
No.

How do I see my-what's that called- "record" on Shoddy? The one that displays a number representing how well you did.

Not sure; I wouldn't think so. Are you really sure that they can't breed though? If the daycare man is telling you anything but "they like to play with the other Pokemon more than each other", it should be fine. It just may take a while.

No.

Yes. They ARE saying that (That, or "They don't seem to like each other much")

Alright, on a special passing Smeargle, should I use Nasty Plot or Calm Mind? The receiver is more then likely going to be Gengar.
Honestly, Nasty Plot is better, since Gengar with +2 can probably kill just about everything, and with Gengar's speed, Gengar probably doesn't need defence. ;)

Hi, Is there a way on my pokemon diamond that my scizor GEt the move bullet punch? If it's by trade; Can some1 put the move bullet punch for me ? pleaseeeeeeee

Nasty Plot, Gengar doesn't need the defence boost if it comes at that cost. I'd rather have the +2, you kill a lot more things, and Gengar isn't exactly that bulky to really take full advantage of a +1 defense. Of course, it depends on how long you want your chain, are you straight up passing to Gengar, or are you going to other pokemon in between? If you want a long chain, then the Defense boost is very helpful.

Question: How common are Power/Guard Swap pokemon? I just faced a friend's team, using an OU Baton Pass Team, and he'd had a Power/Guard Swap Mewtwo. Not good news at all for me, lucky hax thankfully killed his Mewtwo. But i'm wondering whether i need to have a contingency plan for this sorta thing, or if it's practically never gonna be seen. Also, is it worthwhile to carry such a move on my team, on the odd chance i face another Baton Pass team?

PsychoLogikS: Bullet Punch according to Bulbapedia is a move that Scizor needs to relearn, but it can only do so in Pt/HG/SS. So i think that means you need to trade it over to one of those games, and then use a Heart Scale on it. I couldn't help ya, though. I'm fresh out of Heart Scales.

Nasty Plot, Gengar doesn't need the defence boost if it comes at that cost. I'd rather have the +2, you kill a lot more things, and Gengar isn't exactly that bulky to really take full advantage of a +1 defense.

Question: How common are Power/Guard Swap pokemon? I just faced a friend's team, using an OU Baton Pass Team, and he'd had a Power/Guard Swap Mewtwo. Not good news at all for me, lucky hax thankfully killed his Mewtwo. But i'm wondering whether i need to have a contingency plan for this sorta thing, or if it's practically never gonna be seen.
Lol, I barely even know what Power/Guard Swap does... don't worry though, Power/Guard Swap is a big gimmick that really sucks, so definitely don't worry about it, you'll probably not see it again.

What is a "good" conservative rating estimate? And what's the difference between that and the range of numbers given for "ratings"?

Thank you SatiSuicune! Yeah, I kinda thought Nasty Plot was the better choice over all. Did some calcs, and with just +2, a Max 252 Spe/ 252 SpA Timid Gengar, it gets 718 SpA (without LO). So yeah, def. alot more worth while. And if the salac activates, it will outspeed most of everything I think ( 525 Speed! lol)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)