Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 24 (READ THE OP)

Man, i'm just through with my second Scizor, i'm almost bored of them by now. I guess i could try, but do know that i've never done anything for someone oveer the internet, so my track record is non-existant. While i'm pretty sure i can do it, just thought i'd tell you that upfront.

Anyways, I'll PM you about it. I have a bit of spare time right now.

EDIT: It is done. Thanks Psycho. :)

SatiSuicune said:
Lol, I barely even know what Power/Guard Swap does... don't worry though, Power/Guard Swap is a big gimmick that really sucks, so definitely don't worry about it, you'll probably not see it again.
That's what i thought. I didn't expect to see a Mewtwo with it. I guess i'll just count it as a unlucky coincidence, and hope for the love of God i never see that damned move again.

@ Toon abw: shinyness and everything else is decided on the legendary birds when they are encountered, but IIRC you can only battle each one once, and after that it is not there anymore, so I don't really understand the question.

@ Phadunk: I personally like dusk balls, but I think quick balls are yellowish, so they might go well together.
my bad, I forgot to elaborate on that one

after encountering Zapdos on Power Plant (LeafGreen) i run from the battle, zapdos goes away, i exit and re-enter the powerplant (same door that is next to Zapdos) and Zapdos is there again ready to be captured once more, but again, this only happens when i run away from the battle, not if i defeat the Zapdos (havent tried with Articuno/Moltres though

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
I have no idea. You could try testing it with a pokemon with the same speed as the average Zapdos, and see if it can be outsped once and then outspeed Zapdos, but other than that or seeing if damage changes much from time to time, I can't think of anything. However, I think SR would still be easier.
EDIT: if you are using a ROM, try saving to hard drive, seeing it once and running, save and then catching it twice, each time checking IVs and natures. If they are the same, then it is kept.

@ Zing: you can look on the shoddy website, I think, and they have the formulas for both. The top ones are in the 1500s but average would probably be 1200-1400

I have no idea. You could try testing it with a pokemon with the same speed as the average Zapdos, and see if it can be outsped once and then outspeed Zapdos, but other than that or seeing if damage changes much from time to time, I can't think of anything. However, I think SR would still be easier.
EDIT: if you are using a ROM, try saving to hard drive, seeing it once and running, save and then catching it twice, each time checking IVs and natures. If they are the same, then it is kept.

@ Zing: you can look on the shoddy website, I think, and they have the formulas for both. The top ones are in the 1500s but average would probably be 1200-1400

i did some damage to the 1st Zapdos, went back in and the next one had full HP, so it looks like its a different one every time, but youre right, i shoud probably keep SRing

thanks for your attention

Was wondering about a spread of a certain Jirachi moveset I saw recently.

Moves were:
Jirach @ Leftovers
Fire Punch
Iron Head
Toxic
Substitute

Does anyone remember what the old EV spread was for Bulky Dragon Dance Dragonite? I seem to remember there being one before the 252 HP / 52 Atk / 204 Spe that we have on the Smogon site now.

Hariyama
Rest
Sleep Talk
Seismic Toss
Knock Off/Toxic
Leftovers
Thick Fat
Impish/Careful
EVs: 252Hp/

whats your opinion on hari's defensive spread? do you think he'll operate better with more defense or special d? i see him taking more physical hits from the likes of swellow and a zen headbutt ramp. then again the ever to common slowbro can take a chunk out of hari with no SpA evs. keep in mind thick fat can also stop special attackers like typhlosion,houndoom,glaceon.

im thinking of doing a split but how should i do that? oh and maybe i shouldnt max out his HP, how could i also cut his hp down and add it to defense?

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
I don't play UU, but you may want to try this: http://users.smogon.com/X-Act/defense.html

It works out how to optimally EV and nature pokemon for defence.

I suppose the age-old 'whatever your team needs the hariyama to deal with' would hold, but I would have thought that it would switch in on status, and so might want more Sp. Def.

A breeding related question here:

Bulbapedia says that Machop learns Bullet Punce from Hitmonchan. Now if I put a Hitmonchan (which is always male) which has Bullet Punch with a female Machop at the day care, I'm gonna get a machop with Bullet Punch. Following this, if I breed a male Machop with Bullet Puch with a female Machop, will the reasulting baby Machop have Bullet Punch?

Thanks in advance

Aside from the last question I just asked(I assume that was the EV spread we've always had), is there anyone that can link me to a thread that has a discussion on "trap teams" if such a thing exists? (Ex: teams utilizing a combination of Magnezone, Dugtrio, and possibly a Pursuit trapper). Even if it's an RMT, I'll take that as well.

Was wondering about a spread of a certain Jirachi moveset I saw recently.

Moves were:
Jirach @ Leftovers
Fire Punch
Iron Head
Toxic
Substitute
If you mean the one ReyScarface used in this team, then the spread is 44 HP/212 Atk/252 Spd and a Jolly nature.

Snorlaxe

2 kawaii 4 u
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
Aside from the last question I just asked(I assume that was the EV spread we've always had), is there anyone that can link me to a thread that has a discussion on "trap teams" if such a thing exists? (Ex: teams utilizing a combination of Magnezone, Dugtrio, and possibly a Pursuit trapper). Even if it's an RMT, I'll take that as well
This is an old RMT featuring a combination of Magnezone, Dugtrio, and Weavile (Pursuit trapper). It's over two years old, however, so it isnt as practical in the current metagame (though it gives you a good idea of what makes an effective trap team!)

This is an UU RMT featuring a trap team with Magneton, Dugtrio, and Honchkrow. It also explains trap teams very well.

Do I absolutely need a caught shiny to find my secret ID? (I don't have a hacking device) If yes, the smogon guide to finding one's SID says it can be found through the use of a hacking device. How does that work? If i send one of my pokemon to another member of the smogon community who does have a hacking device, can he find my SID ?

If trainer A receives a egg from the daycare, before it hatches he trades it to trainer B, then it hatches, who is the OT? (original trainer)?

Edit: Also what does TL;DR mean? (i think thats the right letters?)

If trainer A receives a egg from the daycare, before it hatches he trades it to trainer B, then it hatches, who is the OT? (original trainer)?

Edit: Also what does TL;DR mean? (i think thats the right letters?)
I think the OT is trainer B (I'll try it myself in a minute)

Too Long;Didn't Read

edit: Yes, the OT will be trainer B. The person who hatches the egg will be the OT.

Rain Dance is a good choice, as it powers up your STAB and doubles your speed. Maybe Rest if you want a set with survivability.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)