Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 24 (READ THE OP)

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This is a rather subjective question, but I need help nicknaming a female Machamp that I just bred for perfect IVs. The three nicknames I've come up with are the following: Mamachamp (or MamaChamp), Machampita, or Womachamp.

Which of the 3 would YOU recommend?
I like MamaChamp the best if I was you I would go with that.

This is a rather subjective question, but I need help nicknaming a female Machamp that I just bred for perfect IVs. The three nicknames I've come up with are the following: Mamachamp (or MamaChamp), Machampita, or Womachamp.

Which of the 3 would YOU recommend?
No offense, but I'm not a fan of any of those. They don't really roll off the tongue. What about Ms. Norris or something like that.

Its much quicker to just use the GTS/breed to get a spritomb.I have 2 pearls, a diamond and a platinum. All you really need is just 2 of them and you could slowly accumulate the 32 people, but I never did because it wasn't worth the time.

EDIT: I don't know if you know, but you can use the same two games to reach up to 32. Without restarting the games. Just enter the underground, talk, leave, enter again, rinse and repeat. The reason I didn't is because I was too lazy.

If your in a battle against a zubat and switch out both of you get 1 speed ev after gaining exp. If your in a battle against Golbat and switch out both of you get 2 speed evs after gaining exp.

Everyone gets the evs, their not divided. Evs are gained from the exp so if your pokemon faints before gaining exp, they don't gain evs.

If I'm playing in a stadium-mode tournament where Jirachi is banned (along with all other event legends), would Adamant be the best nature for Choice Scarf Flygon, or should I go with Jolly to tie other Jolly ScarfGons?

Should I use Naughty (or Naive if I need the extra Speed) since without Stealth Rock (which is rare in Stadium mode), Fire Blast is not guaranteed to OHKO standard Scizor?

If I'm playing in a stadium-mode tournament where Jirachi is banned (along with all other event legends), would Adamant be the best nature for Choice Scarf Flygon, or should I go with Jolly to tie other Jolly ScarfGons?

Should I use Naughty (or Naive if I need the extra Speed) since without Stealth Rock (which is rare in Stadium mode), Fire Blast is not guaranteed to OHKO standard Scizor?
You could do one of the following:
A) Take enough EVs away from Attack and add them to Special Attack to guarantee a Fire Blast 1HKO
B) Use Adamant Fire Punch and hope for the 1HKO (possible but not likely)
or C) Don't try to beat Scizor, instead counter it with something like Gyarados or Infernape

i have another question (sorry im really new to this of the ev's) if the girl in sunyshore's city seal shop doesn't gives you the effort ribbon that means u haven't reaced the 510 ev's? im asking because i wrote every ev i won, i fought: 69 woopers, 3 quagsiers for hp ev's, 37 pelippers for defense and 1 purugly for speed, also used the 20 vitamins for hp and defense plus a macho brace, can some1 tell me if i did something wrong, then i can know if i have to restart my 3rd blissey

btw thnaks to jujomi, aurabreloom and coolking for answering the past question

i have another question (sorry im really new to this of the ev's) if the girl in sunyshore's city seal shop doesn't gives you the effort ribbon that means u haven't reaced the 510 ev's? im asking because i wrote every ev i won, i fought: 69 woopers, 3 quagsiers for hp ev's, 37 pelippers for defense and 1 purugly for speed, also used the 20 vitamins for hp and defense plus a macho brace, can some1 tell me if i did something wrong, then i can know if i have to restart my 3rd blissey

You're correct, she only gives you the Effort Ribbon once all 510 EVs have been assigned. (Keep in mind you can use EV reducing Berries to get rid of any accidentally gained EVs to the wrong stat, and that in general you only EV train to the effective 508 not all 510, so maybe you just need 2 more.)

I counted 502. You need 8 more EVs to get to 510.

Wooper- 138
Quagsire- 12
Pelipper- 148
Purugly- 4
Vitamins- 200

138+12+148+4+200= 502 EVs total.

You could do one of the following:
A) Take enough EVs away from Attack and add them to Special Attack to guarantee a Fire Blast 1HKO
B) Use Adamant Fire Punch and hope for the 1HKO (possible but not likely)
or C) Don't try to beat Scizor, instead counter it with something like Gyarados or Infernape
Okay, thanks. Since we're playing at level 50, I would need 52 Sp. Atk EVs to guarantee the OHKO on 248/0 Scizor. So you wouldn't recommend that I use a -Def or -Sp. Def nature to guarantee the OHKO without having to take EVs away from Attack?

What about my debate on a +Spe nature vs. a +Atk nature? The analysis says that the Jolly nature is to outspeed Choice Scarf Jirachi, who is banned in the tournament I'll be playing in, but I'm wondering if I should keep him Jolly so I can at worst have a Speed tie with any other ScarfGon.

Okay, thanks. Since we're playing at level 50, I would need 52 Sp. Atk EVs to guarantee the OHKO on 248/0 Scizor. So you wouldn't recommend that I use a -Def or -Sp. Def nature to guarantee the OHKO without having to take EVs away from Attack?

What about my debate on a +Spe nature vs. a +Atk nature? The analysis says that the Jolly nature is to outspeed Choice Scarf Jirachi, who is banned in the tournament I'll be playing in, but I'm wondering if I should keep him Jolly so I can at worst have a Speed tie with any other ScarfGon.
I suppose you could use a -Def or -SpD nature but at that point pretty much any priority move would take advantage of you. I would personally prefer Adamant, but for you to make that choice I suggest you look at other Pokémon that are just as fast and faster that you would outpseed by using a certain Speed

I suppose you could use a -Def or -SpD nature but at that point pretty much any priority move would take advantage of you. I would personally prefer Adamant, but for you to make that choice I suggest you look at other Pokémon that are just as fast and faster that you would outpseed by using a certain Speed
Well, out of those two, I was leaning towards a -SpD nature, since only 1 priority attack is Special (Vacuum Wave), but I see what you mean.

Hello, i'm running a lead smeargle with a focus sash.
-spore
-toxic spikes / other entry hazard
-endevaour
-magic coat

having trouble with TAUNT leads, i don't want to switch out because that breaks my sash (unless there running a gimmick taunter without spikes/sr).

Smeargle basically learns every move in the game, is there a move that stops faster taunt leads?

hopefully this´ll go here (in regards to shiny pokes):

I was playing LeafGreen and was SRing for a Zapdos, now, as i leave the Power Plant and come back inside (same door next to Zapdos) i was able to fight it again...

Q: is that zapdos the same as the first one? i.e. if the first one isn´t shiny will the next one have a chance to be a shiny or will it NOT be shiny?

hopefully i explained myself

Thanks in advance...

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hello, i'm running a lead smeargle with a focus sash.
-spore
-toxic spikes / other entry hazard
-endevaour
-magic coat

having trouble with TAUNT leads, i don't want to switch out because that breaks my sash (unless there running a gimmick taunter without spikes/sr).

Smeargle basically learns every move in the game, is there a move that stops faster taunt leads?
You're out of luck, a fast Taunt from the likes of Aerodactyl and Crobat is basically Smeargle's worst nightmare.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)