Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 24 (READ THE OP)

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
If you just beat the first three sets in the battle tower again and again, that's 26 in 21 battles, or else check out the battle hall at Bulbapedia. It takes a while, but it ends up awesome.

Snorlaxe

2 kawaii 4 u
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
What is the best place to get BP in the Battle Frontier?
I agree with the above posters; Battle Tower is probably the best, since as long as youre half-decent you should be able to blow past the first three rounds, and defeating Palmer the first time is as simple as using an Electric-type + a Water-type with Ice Beam (for example). Thats 26 BP total, and it should take you less than an hour.

haunter

Banned deucer.
The rash one is of course useless. The quiet one may have some uses as defensive Celebi usually don't invest in Spe anyway. Also, if this is for WiFi, please ask in that forum next time.

Here's my question. Since I'm new here i would like to know how to know my IV and some people are talking about level 100 battle To know my IV. So Do I need my pokemon at this level ? Or it is automaticaly put to level 100 once I am doing the battle. Well,

thanks in advance

I don't know if Pokesav discussions are taboo on this forum, but I was wondering if anybody knows how to 'SAV a Heatran onto HG/SS. I'm not completely familiar with the Pokesav UI and I was wondering what I need to input for place of encounter, and how I get it to say "obtained in a link trade" with a legit looking OT ID since obviously heatran cannot be caught in HG/SS. Any other areas that I should approach with caution would be helpful as well.

Sorry if this question is vague or noobish, but I'm literally brand new to using Pokesav, so any help on this issue would be great.

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Here's my question. Since I'm new here i would like to know how to know my IV and some people are talking about level 100 battle To know my IV. So Do I need my pokemon at this level ? Or it is automaticaly put to level 100 once I am doing the battle. Well,

thanks in advance
I believe in the WiFi room there is an option to automatically set you and your opponent's Pokemon to level 100.

Great, so then let's say my EV are not maxed out of my pomeon and they are still level 60, and my opponent have all his pokemon level 60 but with EV maxed out, After the change to the level 100 He will have a major advantages on me ..?

Nofacekillah, it is generally frowned upon to discuss hacking here, so I will VM you with the answer to the best of my ability.

PsychoLogikS, he will have a clear advantage, but it might not be so huge. Generally 4 EVs makes 1 stat point difference, unless you are using a Choice item or a helpful nature, then it can be 2 points, or more if you have a Choice item boosting that stat and a nature doing so as well.

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Great, so then let's say my EV are not maxed out of my pomeon and they are still level 60, and my opponent have all his pokemon level 60 but with EV maxed out, After the change to the level 100 He will have a major advantages on me ..?
You assume correctly, he will have an advantage.

In DP, I loved SpecsMence.

In Plat, I loved SpecsLatias.

Now they are both banned to uber, i'm struggling to fill the void.

In a metagame without specsmence and specslatias, what can i use to replace them?

Snorlaxe

2 kawaii 4 u
is a Top Contributor Alumnus

In a metagame without specsmence and specslatias, what can i use to replace them?
If youre looking for a Dragon-type Choice Specs user, I think that Choice Specs Kingdra is the best one, as its typing easily lets it come in on the mega-popular Heatran. While its Draco Meteor isnt as strong as those of Latias/Salamence, its still pretty powerful, and it also has STAB Surf/Hydro Pump to back it up.

You can also use Scarfed Mix Dragonite. I've used it before and its pretty effective at revenge killing.

Little question

A pokemon holding a everstone wont evolve. If I take the everstone it evolves right? (Stupid question, just checking.)

A pokemon holding a everstone wont evolve. If I take the everstone it evolves right? (Stupid question, just checking.)
It won't evolve immediately, but the next time it levels up or whatever after you remove the stone, it will evolve just fine, yes.

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
Where can I buy Ether? Just a curiosity
Ether can't be bought unfortunately. The best way to replenish this item is with the ability Pick Up. After each battle Pokemon such as Meowth and Munchlax have a chance to pick up different items depending on what level they are. A level 31-40 Pokemon will have a 1% chance of picking up Ether.

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
Is it ethical to use other people's teams? I'm using the one that Atticus made for Smogon Frontier.
In my opinion this is ethical as long as you don't claim the team as your own work and acknowledge the original creator if asked. You may be new to team-making and want to see how a successful team works, or you may just want to try out someone else's play style. It's perfectly reasonable.

This is a rather subjective question, but I need help nicknaming a female Machamp that I just bred for perfect IVs. The three nicknames I've come up with are the following: Mamachamp (or MamaChamp), Machampita, or Womachamp.

Which of the 3 would YOU recommend?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)