Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 23 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I apologize in advance if this isn't the appropriate thread, I couldn't find the 'Look at my Pokemon' thread. Anywho, I was wondering what the minimum speed should be for a Scizor, I just bred a Scyther with 29/31/31/31/31/12. The nature is adamant so the max speed can be 210 and I want to know if this is sufficient. I know that Scizor uses a few priority moves so speed shouldn't be that much of an issue, I wanted to use Pursuit and wasn't sure who he would need to out speed. Thanks in advance.
Personally, I'm not really sure Scizor needs any investment in speed, atleast for the Choice Bander. The 8 EVs listed in the analysis only allows it to outspeed 4 Spe Vaporeon and I'm really not sure it's worth it. Also, the Discuss My Pokemon Thread is here.

@infingement153: It doesn't affect it at all.

Robbin' hoods.
You can steal neither Swalot's Leftovers or Muk's Black Sludge, as both pokemon have the Sticky Hold ability. No other elite four pokemon have items, as far as I am aware. In response to your other question, yes, you can steal more than one Leftovers from Snorlax, one for every Elite Four win, if you catch it, you're done, so be wary.

Shoddy shinies.
Only a difference in appearance, nothing more, nothing less, though if you want to go really in-depth there's probably an immeasurably miniscule effect psychologically. Good look abusing that.
So, just aesthetics, though, to be honest, some shinies look completely ridiculous anyways. Your call.

Just wondering what Blissy works best (In your guys opinion.) on an offense team?
Probably WishBliss since most of your team won't have recovery but the Cleric could be useful if a lot of your team is succeptible to status. I've heard people don't use things like Blissey on an offensive team because it slows down the momentum.

Is a:
17/31/20/31/23/31 (defense might be off) HP Ghost 70 Mild Torchic useful, or should I just toss it? I was going for a wallbreaking Blaziken, HP Ghost does hit Slowbro super-effectively.

haunter

Banned deucer.
it's really useful only for Slowbro. I'd rather use stone edge to hit Altaria and Moltres to be honest. The IVs are quite good though, so unless you really need hp ice\grass I'd probably keep it. Also, there's a thread in the WiFi section for this kind of questions.

For Platinum Battle Tower, what might be a good EV spread for Scizor (@ Leftovers; Substitute SwordsDance BulletPunch Superpower)? Does it need any Speed EVs?

Additionally, in Platinum Battle Tower, does TrickScarf Uxie need any Speed EVs?

Excuse my ignorance but I've been out of competitive pokemon for just over 2 years now. I just wanted to know what happened to "Competitor?" Shoddy Battle came out really quickly when Gen 4 came out, but work on Competitor had started a long time before that and I remember hearing countless things saying we're bringing it now.

And I think the plan was it was going to have all the generations and double battles available?

So yeah what happened or are we not allowed to speak of it?

Can someone explain to me what stops Self Destruct Wailord in OU?
There aren't any 100% counters, I don't think (there rarely are to things that can explode), but there are loads of checks; anything that can outspeed and OHKO a Wailord (given that Wailord is generally scarfed, you'd need something like an Electrode (where any common build can OHKO the Wailord after stealth rock), or a scarfer of your own with a decent super-effective move) can beat it if it switches in safely, and of cause ghosts won't care about being Selfdestructed on. You might also want to look at Skarmory (especially specially defensive versions); it hardly takes any damage from exploding Wailords, and can 2HKO with Brave Bird (severely reducing Water Spout's damage in the process), although even specially defensive versions are 2HKOed by Water Spout if the Wailord's taken no more damage than Stealth Rock on the switchin. Vaporeon is another possibility (immune to Water Spout, and it will survive a Selfdestruct, despite being badly injured in the process).

You could screw with their abilities with Skill Swap, Gastro Acid or Worry Seed and then swipe their stuff.
Holy shit I might try this, it saves me playing through Sapphire a bunch of times and gives me a reason to blow off revising and train a bunch of random Pokémon.

Where on the forums would be a good place to get help recording battle videos onto a computer?

I suspect the answer is "nowhere," since it involves (a) an emulator, (b) a ROM and (c) a device capable of backing up (and hence hacking) sav files.

Still, thought I'd ask.

More details:
I have two computers that each clock in at 1.6 GHz. One is a mac, one's Linux but runs Windows in VMWare. I have the ROM and the backup device, but I'm wondering what the best emulator and what the best screen capture software would be for these platforms and, more importantly, whether I can realistically expect to get decent video on such obsolete hardware.

Sorry if this has been answered in some supremely obvious location, but here it goes.

What are the major changes from DPP to HG/SS? Mostly regarding new egg moves and TMs? Any new pokemon that got a sudden boost in usage in OU? UU? (Much like Scizor did in Platinum)

What moves are recommended for Life Orb Mewtwo, and how should the ste be used in general?
madjohnflint said:
What are the major changes from DPP to HG/SS? Mostly regarding new egg moves and TMs? Any new pokemon that got a sudden boost in usage in OU? UU? (Much like Scizor did in Platinum)
Jynx got upgraded with Nasty Plot, most significantly...

Been breeding a few Pokemon lately for Battle Tower in HG. However, there's always something that bothered me.

How is it that if bred from two Marowak, the Cubone still has it's mother's skull? :S

But, in all seriousness, I'm wondering what's the fastest way to get Pokerus other than Soft Resets x 1000.

Can you potentially manipulate EV's at Level 100 with berries to reduce EV's and EV train again, store into storage box to reevaluate the EV's? Or is it fixed?

I apologize in advance if this isn't the appropriate thread, I couldn't find the 'Look at my Pokemon' thread. Anywho, I was wondering what the minimum speed should be for a Scizor, I just bred a Scyther with 29/31/31/31/31/12. The nature is adamant so the max speed can be 210 and I want to know if this is sufficient. I know that Scizor uses a few priority moves so speed shouldn't be that much of an issue, I wanted to use Pursuit and wasn't sure who he would need to out speed. Thanks in advance.
well, if any pokemon is withdrawn, pursuit would still hit that pokemon x2.

Does RNG manipulation in HG/SS work the way it does in DPP? (Can I use the documents on site for DPP for HG/SS?) Thanks.
~Uiru

Can you potentially manipulate EV's at Level 100 with berries to reduce EV's and EV train again, store into storage box to reevaluate the EV's? Or is it fixed?
Unless it's changed from ADV, you can't gain exp at Lv. 100 and thus can't gain EVs from battle. You may be able to gain them from vitamins, but normal vitamin rules would apply.
~Uiru

Can someone explain to me what stops Self Destruct Wailord in OU?
Defensive Empoleon should work pretty well since it has good SpDef and resists Water Spout and Self Destruct. It also has Grass Knot which will hit Wailord hard. Vaporeon and Blissey should be able to switch in on aything but Self Destruct and can possibly use Protect to avoid it if Wailord doesn't have a Choice item.

You can increase a Lv. 100 Pokemon's EVs with vitamins, but you'll only be able to give them 100 max with each one. And no, Lv. 100 Pokemon don't gain EVs from battles because they don't gain Exp.

On the Pokéwalker, is it very rare to get past the second "!" on the Yellow Forest? I've probably used the Poké Radar over 100 times and have gotten only one or two "!" every single time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)