Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 23 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could anyone explain to me exactly how the blocks in the Safari Zone work? I don't want to mess up anything and end up without access to Gible/Bagon/etc.

Like, once you place a block can you abuse the DS clock changing ability to fast forward to when you can get stuff? Like for a Pokemon with a 30 day requirement can you place them today then fast forward your DS calendar to May 24th and get that Pokemon?

Once you place a block can you freely delete it?

Do you have unlimited access to all types of blocks or is there a set number of them you can have at any given time?

How do you unlock the third test from Baobao to get all the items available?

Apparently if the game detects the clock has been changed it totally resets the day counter. Evidently no-one at Game Freak could be bothered about westerners and their silly Daylight Saving Time.

It would be great if someone could test if it resets, I had heard it in some thread, that I can no longer find, so I might have been completely and totally wrong when I had said it resets it earlier.

Oh, the 10,000 steps needed must all come in the same 24-hour period?
You can save Watts on your Pokéwalker, but steps reset at midnight every day. So you could save 5000 Watts over the course of like a month and then in one day walk 15000 (exaggeration) steps and use all of the collected Watts to try to get the highest rank Pokémon or item

Would it be correct to say type coverage is by far more important than STAB in Ubers due to the completely lack of balance in type syrangy in Ubers?

Also, do the Latis benefit from beeing part-Psychic?

Would it be correct to say type coverage is by far more important than STAB in Ubers due to the completely lack of balance in type syrangy in Ubers?

Also, do the Latis benefit from beeing part-Psychic?
Not entirely. STAB bonuses can be huge on some Pokémon, especially on those with signature items (Palkia, Dialga, Lati@s, Giratina) that give their STAB attacks massive power. And I think the only benefit that Lati@s get from being part Psychic is a Fighting resist, and STAB Psychic if you really want.

Question - What is the best Rotom forme in OU?

What do the star outlines mean in a Pokemon's PokeAthlon stats?

Where do you get the ApricornShaker Serebii mentions? And how exactly do Apricorn Shakes work?

The most popular is Heat, I think mainly to take out Scizor but also because it's the joint most-powerful special move, and Overheat is better than Leaf Storm.

Can you potentially manipulate EV's at Level 100 with berries to reduce EV's and EV train again, store into storage box to reevaluate the EV's? Or is it fixed?
It's basically fixed, as you can't gain EVs via any method but vitamins (although reducing them works fine). So you can make minor changes to the EVing, but each stat must either be left at its old value, or changed to a multiple of 10 from 0 to 100; not really ideal. (The event Arceus that was given out recently has been nicknamed "Farceus" because the only ones in existence are at level 100, making them impossible to EV sanely; the EV spreads you have to run are along the lines of 100 Atk/100 Spe/100 Def/100 SpD/100 HP/10 SpA, which is nowhere near anything a competitive EV spread would look like if the EV restrictions didn't force you to do that.)

Must lead Azelf carry Taunt?
Also, is there any point in using a Fire move on Mewtwo, despite beeing resisted by the many Uber Dragons?

Must lead Azelf carry Taunt?
Also, is there any point in using a Fire move on Mewtwo, despite beeing resisted by the many Uber Dragons?
Scizor says Hi, then Bye to Mewtwo.

Also, Azelf Leads with taunt allow it to prevent slower leads like Bronzong to set up things like Trick Room/Stealth Rock/Weather/Hypnosis and all that nasty stuff your team won't like.

Hey, does anyone know if there's an AR code to rebattle the "other lati" in HGSS - ie, the Enigma Stone one? 'cos I've searched all over google and found nothing. I only ask because I'm thinking of activating the event through AR, but I don't want to do anything before I know I can do it again.

What do the star outlines mean in a Pokemon's PokeAthlon stats?
Potential maximum stats, if improved with Aprijuice (the English, or at least UK, name for Apricorn Shakes)

Where do you get the ApricornShaker Serebii mentions? And how exactly do Apricorn Shakes work?
It's part of your Apricorn Box, over the right; so you get it just north of Cherrygrove City, in the house by the Apricorn Tree. You use it by dragging Apricorns to the blender over the right. And they basically work much like Pokéblocks or Poffins did, except that they improve Pokéathlon performance rather than condition, and can lower stats as well as raise them; I don't know of any links to guides which explain how their effects are calculated, though. Also, instead of there being a cap on the amount of Aprijuice you can give to a Pokémon, the effects of Aprijuice wear off if you feed the Pokémon Aprijuice again, or put it in the PC; so you don't have to worry about permanently ruining a Pokémon's Pokéathlon chances, like you could with Pokéblocks/Poffins in contests.

When calculating for boosts in stats from stat-upping moves such as Calm Mind, does the game calculate the first boost from the starting stat, and then calculates the next boost from the previous boost or does it still calculate from the original stat? For example, say a Suicune is using Calm Mind and has a starting special attack stat of 118 (Level 50, max. SpA IV, SubCune set EVs) and uses one Calm Mind which raises the special attack stat from 118 to 177 (Special Attack stat times 1.5), and then uses another Calm Mind does the stat raise again by 1.5 if based off of the 177 stat or by 2 based off of the original 118 stat?

When calculating for boosts in stats from stat-upping moves such as Calm Mind, does the game calculate the first boost from the starting stat, and then calculates the next boost from the previous boost or does it still calculate from the original stat? For example, say a Suicune is using Calm Mind and has a starting special attack stat of 118 (Level 50, max. SpA IV, SubCune set EVs) and uses one Calm Mind which raises the special attack stat from 118 to 177 (Special Attack stat times 1.5), and then uses another Calm Mind does the stat raise again by 1.5 if based off of the 177 stat or by 2 based off of the original 118 stat?
It calculates from the original stat

1 CM is 1.5x the original, 2 CMs is 2x the the original stat

Is there some type of time frame for Baobao to give you the block ability? Like how there's a 3 hour wait period to get the second mission. I didn't do it until just now and I'm already post-second E4 so I can't have him call me right at the National Dex. Just wondering how long I have to wait to get blocks now s_s

Potential maximum stats, if improved with Aprijuice (the English, or at least UK, name for Apricorn Shakes)

It's part of your Apricorn Box, over the right; so you get it just north of Cherrygrove City, in the house by the Apricorn Tree. You use it by dragging Apricorns to the blender over the right. And they basically work much like Pokéblocks or Poffins did, except that they improve Pokéathlon performance rather than condition, and can lower stats as well as raise them; I don't know of any links to guides which explain how their effects are calculated, though. Also, instead of there being a cap on the amount of Aprijuice you can give to a Pokémon, the effects of Aprijuice wear off if you feed the Pokémon Aprijuice again, or put it in the PC; so you don't have to worry about permanently ruining a Pokémon's Pokéathlon chances, like you could with Pokéblocks/Poffins in contests.
There is nothing to the right. Just my count of each of the Apricorns on the left half of the bottom screen and blankness on the right half.

Does having two Rotom forms on my team (say Rotom-H and Rotom-C) violate the species clause?
Yes. You cannot have any different formes or shapes of Rotom, Unown, Deoxys, Wormadam, Gastrodon, Shaymin, or Giratina
Note, and this may seem obvious, but people do ask it: you CAN use multiple Pokemon from the same evolutionary line. For example, you can have both Slowbro and Slowking on your team. This happens especially often with Eevee evolutions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)