Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 23 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
When a Pokemon uses Psycho Shift, is the status it's infected in cured or just "copied"? Also, can I, for example, pass a paralysis cased by T-Wave to a Ground-type Pokemon or a Volt Absorber/Electivire? Does Psycho Shift effect Dark-types and Shedinja?

When a Pokemon uses Psycho Shift, is the status it's infected in cured or just "copied"? Also, can I, for example, pass a paralysis cased by T-Wave to a Ground-type Pokemon or a Volt Absorber/Electivire? Does Psycho Shift effect Dark-types and Shedinja?
It is basically transferred off of you to the opponent. There is no reason you cannot shift paralysis to ground/volt absorbers. You shouldnt be trying to psycho shift on shedninja ever but I don't know whether it works on darks.

Ugh, what's up with some of the wrong information in this thread already?

Regardless, I've been using a Garchomp to try to beat the Battle Hall in Heart Gold, and I was wondering what 4th move would work well on my moveset. Any good coverage accurate attack I suppose. No Stone Edge.
Garchomp - Jolly - Focus Sash
252 Atk 252 Spe 4SpDef
Outrage
Earthquake
Crunch
??Aerial Ace, Brick Break, Iron Head, Poison Jab??

Shouldn't you be running a Fire attack so you can hit Bronzong and Skarmory? I doubt you can KO them with Outrage before they KO you with one of their attacks. Use Flamethrower if you don't like Fire Blasts accuracy issues.

Shouldn't you be running a Fire attack so you can hit Bronzong and Skarmory? I doubt you can KO them with Outrage before they KO you with one of their attacks. Use Flamethrower if you don't like Fire Blasts accuracy issues.
Maybe, I've just been getting haxed so many times in game, missing pretty much every crucial attack without 100 or - accuracy. I'm afraid if I try Fire Fang, I'll miss

Edit: Thanks for the input orius and others

Fire Blast is probably best, but that is inaccurate. If Chomp can learn flamethrower, then teach it that if you want 100% accuracy, but I am highly doubtful it will be strong enough.

And to the Jynx guy, yes that would probably be good.

If I wish to use Nasty Plot Jynx, should I use NP/Lovely Kiss/Ice/Psychic?
Even though Lovely Kiss is more reliable than Hypnosis, (which I just now realized,) it's still somewhat unreliable. Nasty Plot isn't used as frequently as Calm Mind on Jynx, but I guess it could work. I would probably make it Timid and use a Focus Sash, just so it gets an extra turn to Lovely Kiss any physical attackers which could normally one hit kill it easily

If I wish to use Nasty Plot Jynx, should I use NP/Lovely Kiss/Ice/Psychic?
I think you should go with Focus Blast or Substitute over Psychic. Focus Blast gets great nuetral coverage with Ice Beam and hits Steels that could easily ruin your sweep. Substitute helps ease prediction and can make it easier to use Lovely Kiss, since its less than perfect accuarcy could be fatal with Jynx's frailness.

Ugh, what's up with some of the wrong information in this thread already?

Regardless, I've been using a Garchomp to try to beat the Battle Hall in Heart Gold, and I was wondering what 4th move would work well on my moveset. Any good coverage accurate attack I suppose. No Stone Edge.
Garchomp - Jolly - Focus Sash
252 Atk 252 Spe 4SpDef
Outrage
Earthquake
Crunch
??Aerial Ace, Brick Break, Iron Head, Poison Jab??
I'd suggest either Fire Fang for the best coverage, or Aerial Ace purely for the unbeatable accuracy. Brick Break only offers you 2 SE hits that ground doesn't anyways (Ice and Dark), and Earthquake or Outrage will outhit it on both of those types under basically any circumstances anyways (screw Weavile.) Same deal with Iron Head, only one more type, Ice, which Garchomp doesn't need due to Outrage's higher BP and nothing being 4x weak to IH anyways. Poison Jab only gives you a SE hit on grass types, which both Fire Fang and Aerial Ace give you anyways.
So, it's up to you, unbeatable accuracy, or 1/20 chance of missing for better coverage.

Can Sketch be used during WiFi battles? What about Shoddy?
(Yes I know it could never be anything more than a silly gimmick).

Point. Though do the mechanics differ at all, in terms of what move is copied (especially in doubles) or whether the copied move is retained after a switch?

So if you have a Pokemon with Thief, you can continue battling and respawning the Snorlax in HG/SS to get 6 Leftovers, right?
Kinda bumping this but can I use Thief to steal from in game Pokémon like the Elite Four's Swalot with Leftovers?

This may not be such a simple question but I need help getting the right IVs for a modest Infernape with Hidden Power Ice (With a power of 60 or higher). I am using the RNG Reporter v7.50 to calculate these things. I understand how to get a modest infernape by doing this, but I do not know how to get the preferred IVs for HP ice. Can someone help me with this? If you need any question just PM me

Soul Silver: Looking to level up to fight against Viridian Gym and Elite Four round 2. My pokes are all level 50ish. Where's a good place to level up?

For the garchomp, crunch is essentially useless, because a 2x crunch does less than outrage. You need a fire move for steels that stop outrage, and it gives the Dragon-Ground-Fire combo, so flamethrower is your best option if the low accuracy of fire blast a crummy power and accuracy of fire fang are unappealing. Don't forget shedinja. Aqua tail is good for things that resist dragon but don't mind a weak flamethrower off a low SpA stat, but again, the accuracy. Besides aqua tail, there aren't any options. Brick break, Aerial Ace, Iron head, and poison jab are silly compared to outrage, even when SE. Sub can also be an option to stop status on things you can't OKHO like bronzong.

Outrage, EQ, Fire move, Sub/Aqua Tail/Dragon claw for reliablity

How does Mud sport work exactly? I understand that it reduces the strength of electric moves by 1/2, but does it last for only as long as the user stays in play, or is it for so many turns and effects your whole team like reflect/lightscreen?

I apologize in advance if this isn't the appropriate thread, I couldn't find the 'Look at my Pokemon' thread. Anywho, I was wondering what the minimum speed should be for a Scizor, I just bred a Scyther with 29/31/31/31/31/12. The nature is adamant so the max speed can be 210 and I want to know if this is sufficient. I know that Scizor uses a few priority moves so speed shouldn't be that much of an issue, I wanted to use Pursuit and wasn't sure who he would need to out speed. Thanks in advance.

I am having trouble coming up with the remaining Pokemon for my team:

Shaymin
Heatran (scarf or SR Shuca depending)
Latias (scarf)
Kingdra (DD)

Help ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)