Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caelum

qibz official stalker
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
What's the standard nature/EVs/Moveset for a Dual Screen Deo-s?

EDIT:

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34489
PS. TWEWY ftw.
It's on site, recently added actually. I mentioned it to Havak yesterday and I think he added it but I could be wrong, it just seemed a coincidence so I'm assuming it's him. Anyway, it's this
Deoxys-S @ Light Clay
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Nature: Timid
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Light Screen
- Reflect.

Something weird just happened to me while playing diamond.

I was in the team galactic building fighting a grunt with dustox.

I had my sharpedo out (I got a friend to trade a carvanha with me) and this happened:

Sharpedo used crunch!
Dustox used whirlwind!
But it failed.....

I don't get what happened here. The only thing I could think of that was out of the ordinary was that my Sharpedo had a cleanse tag but I doubt that would stop whirlwind....

Can anyone explain what happened?

EDIT: I just battled another dustox and used ice fang so I wouldn't KO but this time whirlwind worked...I'm really confused now :s

I have been breeding Magikarps, and I got one I wanted to use. I asked if I should keep it in the "Look at my Pokémon" - tread. I am planning to use it as a Bulky Gyarados from the strategy pokédex. Here is the Magikarp:
Magikarp
Adamant
IVs:
29/31/23/18/31/31

This is the answer I got to my question:

BAD WOLF said:
It's possibly acceptable with a defence IV of 23, but you'll might need to invest a little more than the standard 176 EVs for a Bulky Gyara, because the majority of Bulky gyarados like to get to either 30 or 31. Special defence is good, but I'm assuming that with a Special Attack of 18 you'd be using a DD set on it, with Waterfall for STAB?

For a Bulkydos set with something like Dragon Dance/Waterfall/Taunt/? it would be a good one overall, just throw a few extra Defense EVs on there.
After I got this answer, I decided to use this Magikarp. BAD WOLF said that I should put more EV-s in the defense because the defense IV-s are so low. But if I shall use the EV-s from the strategy pokédex, I have nowhere to take the EV-s from. I need all the HP, and 8 EV-s more, to get what the pokédex suggests. I can't take it from the speed either, the pokédex says I need it to outspeed Garchomp. It also says I need the attack, and defense is the only stat left. Where shall I take the EV-s from? the strategy pokédex says I need everything!

And another question, should I wait EV-training it until we know if garchomp becomes uber? If Garchomp becomes uber, I might get an outdated EV-spread. Maybe I will need less speed?

Oh, and I will not use Ice Fang as an attack for the Gyarados. I don't like how easy it is to miss, and it is weak, and all water pokémon will stop the Gyarados. I don't know which attack I shall use as the last attack yet. The pokédex says Stone Edge or Earthquake, but what about Return? Would that work?

Does anyone know if the next tier list update (beginning of next month) is going to use the Standard or Suspect statistics? This way i know which ladder to battle on.

i need some help EVing my celebi on shoddy Battle
right now im running Modest 244 Speed for some extra power for CM/Psychic/Grass Knot/Recover, to grass knot jolly Tyranitar

Celebi isnt gonna outspeed any weavile, but some pokemon on concern are Heracross, possible Lucario, Roserade, and any other dangerous 90-95 base speed pokemon

losing Modest and the EV's there could lost alot of power, but does anyone know what speed Celebi has to reach to outspeed its common threats, with lower base speed but more EV'ed to outspeed base 100 pokemon?
help please

help please
Since Celebi has base 100 speed...youre going to have to go with Timid to tie at best with other base 100's

Maybe try for 307 speed to outspeed +nature base 90's like Lucario and P-Z but I would suggest going 252 speed timid w/Life Orb, since I perceive you want an offensive oriented Celebi

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I plan on running a mixed Stantler set in UU: Zen Headbutt or Psychic? Zen Headbutt faces difficulties against Hitmontop and Poliwrath, but the rest of the Fighting types have high Special Defense that will let them survive a Psychic on the switch-in. Help?

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Something weird just happened to me while playing diamond.

I was in the team galactic building fighting a grunt with dustox.

I had my sharpedo out (I got a friend to trade a carvanha with me) and this happened:

Sharpedo used crunch!
Dustox used whirlwind!
But it failed.....

I don't get what happened here. The only thing I could think of that was out of the ordinary was that my Sharpedo had a cleanse tag but I doubt that would stop whirlwind....

Can anyone explain what happened?

EDIT: I just battled another dustox and used ice fang so I wouldn't KO but this time whirlwind worked...I'm really confused now :s
Chances are that Dustox was of lower level than your Sharpedo. Whirlwind\Roar has a chance to fail if the user's level is lower than the target's.

I plan on running a mixed Stantler set in UU: Zen Headbutt or Psychic? Zen Headbutt faces difficulties against Hitmontop and Poliwrath, but the rest of the Fighting types have high Special Defense that will let them survive a Psychic on the switch-in. Help?
I'd say Psychic to hit Weezing harder.

Since Celebi has base 100 speed...youre going to have to go with Timid to tie at best with other base 100's

Maybe try for 307 speed to outspeed +nature base 90's like Lucario and P-Z but I would suggest going 252 speed timid w/Life Orb, since I perceive you want an offensive oriented Celebi
alright how many EVs are need for 307 Speed, or is that 252 as it is with Timid?

And Also, where should the remaining EV's go, i would like it to take hits as well as Hit hard, Id like to make a minimal EV investment in Speed as long as I outspeed Lucario and Roserade, most Lucarios ive seen are probably Adamant as they run ExtremeSpeed anyway, and Roserade doesnt try to outspeed anyone, i would think
Theres also Jolly Max Speed Heracross, but not Choice Scarfed, so would anyone know what speed i have to run to Psychic Heracross to death?

alright how many EVs are need for 307 Speed, or is that 252 as it is with Timid?

And Also, where should the remaining EV's go, i would like it to take hits as well as Hit hard, Id like to make a minimal EV investment in Speed as long as I outspeed Lucario and Roserade, most Lucarios ive seen are probably Adamant as they run ExtremeSpeed anyway, and Roserade doesnt try to outspeed anyone, i would think
Theres also Jolly Max Speed Heracross, but not Choice Scarfed, so would anyone know what speed i have to run to Psychic Heracross to death?
If you want to beat Max Speed Heracross use 136 Speed EVs with Timid or 240 Speed EVs with Modest

Well 176 EV's give 308 speed, due to a bonus point thanks to Timid nature. If you use 252 EVs you can tie with other +Speed base 100's with max Speed EVs (that is, hit 328 speed)

Don't expect this Celebi to be taking much damage...what with Life Orb recoil and the likely Sandstorm it won't be hanging around for long. If youre interested in more defensive sets this page is very comprehensive:

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/celebi

This seems odd, but does anyone have a decent specs blissey spread?
I was thinking; 252 defense 6 speed 252 sp att, modest.

Also, would hyper beam work well on specs blissey for stab?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)