Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wondering if you guys had some tips on breeding: How do you get around these impossible odds???

x/x/x/x/31/31 + 31/x/x/x/x/x = 0.457% = 1:219

That's the best I can do. V_V
Switching parents of course, you can't expect to pass those 3 stats in one go because it is very unlikely. Here is what you do:

1) x/x/x/x/31/31 + 31/x/x/x/x/x = 31/x/x/x/x/31
or x/x/x/x/31/31 + 31/x/x/x/x/x = 31/x/x/x/31/x
2) x/x/x/x/31/31 + 31/x/x/x/x/31 = 31/x/x/x/31/31
or x/x/x/x/31/31 + 31/x/x/x/31/x = 31/x/x/x/31/31

Personally I prefer to randomly generated the HP because it is harder to pass it down but your way if possible too, just keep switching parents as you get better ones.

When i go on shoddy from my dad's house, 90% of the time i can only see the official server, why is this?
Because Colin breaks the metaserver sometimes, it happens to all of us and of course is nothing to do with him attempting to drive traffic away from Smogon.

^^ Hahahaha, no1 really likes colin do they :P So if it's happenening to all of us that's cool. I'm fed up of seeing wobbs face

When I use Carnivine I use it like this and it works really well imo, although it is walled by steel types. What can I do to improve it?

Carnivine @ Iron ball
252 HP/252 ATk/4 Def
Fling
Crunch
Power Whip
Sleep Powder

This is more of an in-game question, but something VERY weird is happening.

You see, Rain has never occurred for me on Route 213. It's the beach side east of Pastoria.

Well, it's raining there now. Never has before.
It makes me think of how in Emerald, it would be raining if Kyogre was around.
I doubt that happens in D/P or I would've read about it, but this rain is very odd.

Does it mean anything? Is it just normal?

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
This is more of an in-game question, but something VERY weird is happening.

You see, Rain has never occurred for me on Route 213. It's the beach side east of Pastoria.

Well, it's raining there now. Never has before.
It makes me think of how in Emerald, it would be raining if Kyogre was around.
I doubt that happens in D/P or I would've read about it, but this rain is very odd.

Does it mean anything? Is it just normal?
It rains there sometimes, it's normal. It happens to me too.

Which do you guys think is better as a lead?

Yanmega @ Leftovers
Modest, Speed Boost
252 SpA, 236 Spe, 20 Def
-Substitute
-Air Slash
-Hidden Power (Ground 70)
-Bug Buzz

--OR--

Yanmega @ Life Orb
Modest, Speed Boost
252 SpA, 252 Spe, 4 Def
-Hypnosis
-Bug Buzz
-Air Slash
-HP Ground

The first one gets 280 Spe and Sub to block Status. Also this is an easy 3HKO on Gyara if you have a Sub and either of the first two Air Slashes flinch.

The second set is more offensive and I maxed speed just incase.

Can you let nincada go to level 45 when ninjask learns baton pass so that shedinja has it and take the shedinja with baton pass to the battle frontier and teach it swords dance?

Does anyone remember the trick to evolve pokemon over the GTS? I need to evolve this Rhydon but I completely forget the glitch.

Have I got false info? I was under the impression that an Everstone on a ditto gives 50% chance of the child having the same nature, and yet I have bred over 10 chanseys from this ditto and not one is the same nature...

Either the information is wrong or i'm ridonkulously unlucky.

Does anyone remember the trick to evolve pokemon over the GTS? I need to evolve this Rhydon but I completely forget the glitch.
I think you have to deposit your pokemon for trade, trade for something in the GTS and take your pokemon before something else trades for it.

Have I got false info? I was under the impression that an Everstone on a ditto gives 50% chance of the child having the same nature, and yet I have bred over 10 chanseys from this ditto and not one is the same nature...

Either the information is wrong or i'm ridonkulously unlucky.
If the ditto has the everstone then you are doing things right, the only problem that could happen if both pokemon come from different versions of the game. For example, your chansey is from the US version and the ditto is japanese, german, etc. In that case the nature won't be passed down.

If the ditto has the everstone then you are doing things right, the only problem that could happen if both pokemon come from different versions of the game. For example, your chansey is from the US version and the ditto is japanese, german, etc. In that case the nature won't be passed down.
Darn. I'm pretty sure the Ditto is from the US version, since I traded to get it. Argh :( At least I'm using the Reset method to get the right IV combo, so once I do get the right nature i'm sorted.

Still thats about 10 hours of breeding to get this far. Darn.

Where would be the best place to gather BP in Emerald to get the Punches? And what team should I use for this? A guide would be helpful as well. Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)