Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Great Sage

Banned deucer.
Previous thread

Rules for answering questions here:
1. Your answers should contain at least a brief explanation, even if it was the simplest of questions.
2. While answering Yes/No question, please quote the question you're referring to.

Quick questions, regarding the EV modifier code:

Is it allowed here?
When using them, do you have to have on the break 510 limit code on? Also, can anybody provide me the codes for Diamond?

OK.

If you teach both a male and a female Snorlax, say, Fire Punch in Emerald, migrate them to D/P, and then breed them while one is holding a Full Incense, would the Munchlax know Fire Punch? Or does that rule only apply for level-up moves?

Quick questions, regarding the EV modifier code:

Is it allowed here?
When using them, do you have to have on the break 510 limit code on? Also, can anybody provide me the codes for Diamond?
It's not a matter of being allowed, but personal preference. I myself would prefer real EV training over editing with an AR.
Between vitamins, Pokerus, and the Power items, EVing only takes a few minutes anyway.
OK.

If you teach both a male and a female Snorlax, say, Fire Punch in Emerald, migrate them to D/P, and then breed them while one is holding a Full Incense, would the Munchlax know Fire Punch? Or does that rule only apply for level-up moves?
No. Fire Punch isn't an Egg move, a level-up move, or a TM that Munchlax learns, so it won't be passed.

I have a question about EVs. I got my Deoxys this weekend, and I'm wanting to EV train it. However, I heard (from somewhere) that EV points get cut in half for traded pokemon.
For example:
I defeat 1 bidoof with Macho Brace on. I should normally get 2 EV points from that, but I only get one due to Deoxys' "traded" status.

Another question: Can EV points be cut in half, like If I defeated a bidoof with Power Weight on, instead of getting 5 EVs for it, would I get 2.5?
Thanks in advance

I have a question about EVs. I got my Deoxys this weekend, and I'm wanting to EV train it. However, I heard (from somewhere) that EV points get cut in half for traded pokemon.
For example:
I defeat 1 bidoof with Macho Brace on. I should normally get 2 EV points from that, but I only get one due to Deoxys' "traded" status.

Another question: Can EV points be cut in half, like If I defeated a bidoof with Power Weight on, instead of getting 5 EVs for it, would I get 2.5?
Thanks in advance
No, that's not true. There is no such thing as half an EV.

Yes. It is said they "grow slower" because they grow faster and make it barely harder to give 'em all the EVs they can have before they're at Lv100.

I'm going to assume the answer to the following question is yes.

Is a Pokemon with a hacked parent considered hacked?

1. How often new tournaments start here?
2. When does Battling 101 plans to re-start?
3. How much battling experience should you have to consider being a pupil?
4. Do you have to have a certain shoody ranking to join a tournament?

@ Sceptile Gen, I assume so, as it makes the breeding process so much easier. It is on other forums, I don't know exactly on Smogon

1. How often new tournaments start here?
2. When does Battling 101 plans to re-start?
3. How much battling experience should you have to consider being a pupil?
4. Do you have to have a certain shoody ranking to join a tournament?
1. There hasn't been a new one in weeks, but in a week or 2, one should pop up.
2. It just did a week ago, next round in a few weeks.
3. none really. Just general battle knowledge. (what are EVs)
4. Nope, but tournaments are difficult if you're new to the game and your skill level is low, so practicing is encouraged if you plan to join.

Can someone give me a good bulky salamence EV spread/nature.
I would want it more physically offensive (with Draco Meteor being the only special attack.

the moveset could be: Roost/Dracometeor/EQ/Dragon Claw.
Im not worried about Skarmory or Blissey so FireBlast/Brick Break is not really important.

Yes. It is said they "grow slower" because they grow faster and make it barely harder to give 'em all the EVs they can have before they're at Lv100.

I'm going to assume the answer to the following question is yes.

Is a Pokemon with a hacked parent considered hacked?
Yes.

I asked these questions before, but the thread was closed...

Sorry, these questions might be a little dumb but........

1) Concerning TheManyke's Tauros, is the Return move at it's max power when it's given to you, or do you have to do something else to get Return to top power?
2) When battling on PBR, the power of a Return move is based on the friendliness between the pokemon and the Diamond/Pearl trainer, or the pokemon and the PBR trainer?

Thanks very much in advance....

I have a CB Dugtrio (Jolly, 252 Atk and Spe, other moves are Earthquake, Aerial Ace and Rock Slide). What's the better move to fill out the set: Sucker Punch or Night Slash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)