SPOILERS! Pokemon Legends: Arceus *Leak Thread*

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hisuian Electrode seems interesting, even tho stats were unchanged.

It has a unique signature move called Chloroblast (The user launches its amassed chlorophyll to inflict damage on the target. This also damages the user and lowers the user’s action speed.), it is a pretty strong move of 120BP at 95Acc (5PP) and lowers its own Speed when used. Might suck the speed drop, but once transferable, H-Electrode could spam this move up to two to three times with White Herb. Additionally, it can now abuse Soundproof to prevent Special Bug-types from hitting super-effectively with Bug Buzz.

My guess is that the Hisuian form will be way more viable in comparison to its Kantonian cousin, which would be already since it has a secondary STAB, tho.
Having Grass STAB in and of itself is a big advantage over Kantonian Electrode. Even if its stats are similar, Hisuian Electrode having a good second STAB, one that complements Electric very well, I might add, is in itself a great thing. The best thing is that Grass is a great complementary type offensively to Electric, since it covers the Ground-types that usually block Electric-type moves and hits them super effectively, which means Electrode has that extra nifty coverage to punish Ground-types who would otherwise block Volt Switch, namely, since I imagine H-Electrode's big niche in competitive will be, as expected, a fast Volt Switch user. It can keep momentum with a fast Volt Switch, and it has good coverage between its two STABs so it can also revenge kill or sweep things late game. Having that extra coverage in its second STAB in itself will make H-Electrode way, way better than K-Electrode, all the while H-Electrode could also be a fast support mon with Screens or Rain Dance if you wanna go that route assuming it shows up in a future generation.

This may be a dumb question, but have we seen/had confirmation of natures being present in this game? Figured I'd ask with a lot of other series staples for stats like IVs and EVs being gone.

How many extra turns can you get i saw a clip of Pachirisu using quick attack which raises the users action speed and used it 3x in a row then the opponent fainted. Was wondering if there was a cap on how much you can raise action speed or how many turns you can pile up. Or if you could do something like Zoroark-Hisuian turn 1 agile style nasty plot turn 2 shadow sneak which raises action speed turn 3 strong style hyper beam

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
There's a Team Planner if anyone wants one. I would've been waiting for one if I had preordered this game and was willing to give into blood lust and learn how to attack because Status Moves Only isn't an option. (I totally didn't do any of that. :P)

One question for team planning though, how early can you catch the other Starters? I'm not sure if I'd want to catch Samurot or Umbreon. I'm leaning Samurott because most of the Pokemon I'd use are already Hisuan forms but Umbreon looks like its early and gets Calm Mind in a game that looks OP in.

This may be a dumb question, but have we seen/had confirmation of natures being present in this game? Figured I'd ask with a lot of other series staples for stats like IVs and EVs being gone.
I don't think it's that dumb of a question for a side game. Maybe a little dumb because how similar it is to main games, but not that dumb. Natures are in the game. Not sure about Nature Mints though, which would suck if you catch a Lonely Chansey. (+Atk -Def)

Only God I believe in for Pokemon...
I'd say you've been playing too much Mystery Dungeon, but you don't need to play that much to know Kecleon is God. Shoplifting is a way more efficient way to die than facing Legend Plate Arceus with just a Magikarp.

Speaking of Mystery Dungeon, is it just me or does the ring around Lord Dialga when it uses Roar of Time look like the light around Time Gears? (Can someone please find a pic? I'd post one if I could find one.)

Hisuian Electrode seems interesting, even tho stats were unchanged.

It has a unique signature move called Chloroblast (The user launches its amassed chlorophyll to inflict damage on the target. This also damages the user and lowers the user’s action speed.), it is a pretty strong move of 120BP at 95Acc (5PP) and lowers its own Speed when used. Might suck the speed drop, but once transferable, H-Electrode could spam this move up to two to three times with White Herb. Additionally, it can now abuse Soundproof to prevent Special Bug-types from hitting super-effectively with Bug Buzz.

My guess is that the Hisuian form will be way more viable in comparison to its Kantonian cousin, which would be already since it has a secondary STAB, tho.
I swear this move was confirmed to be a 50% recoil move a la Steel Beam. They're very similar statistically anyway. If true, Chloroblast is not exactly as spammable as you make it out to be. White Herb also does nothing to address its very mediocre base SpA of 80.

Speaking of Mystery Dungeon, is it just me or does the ring around Lord Dialga when it uses Roar of Time look like the light around Time Gears? (Can someone please find a pic? I'd post one if I could find one.)
Here you are. It's not quite the same.

However, I appreciate that Lord Dialga's Arc-ring seems to incorporate the architecture of Temporal Tower.

I love that they incorporated Cherrim's ability somehow into this.

Musharna possibly having Psychic Surge is amazing!! I love it, and it would definitely give it a niche.

I love that they bumped up the power of the Origin formes' signature moves! Though I really hope Palkia's move has something going for it (like an even more increased critical hit ratio) so that it isn't just a straight downgrade.

I love that they incorporated Cherrim's ability somehow into this.

Musharna possibly having Psychic Surge is amazing!! I love it, and it would definitely give it a niche.

I love that they bumped up the power of the Origin formes' signature moves! Though I really hope Palkia's move has something going for it (like an even more increased critical hit ratio) so that it isn't just a straight downgrade.
I think I missed Musharna getting Psychic Surge. Wasn't aware Musharna was even part of the game..

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
Here you are. It's not quite the same.

However, I appreciate that Lord Dialga's Arc-ring seems to incorporate the architecture of Temporal Tower.
I meant a pic of Lord Dialga, but I'm glad you found Mystery Dungeon pics. The Time Gear's light isn't identical, but it still feels pretty similar to me. I always assumed Temporal Tower's entrance was part of Original Dialga's design, (In my defense, I was 10 when PMD2 came out and it kind of looks like Dialga's back fin a little.) but I can't believe it's only part of Lord Dialga! That's an amazing detail if they meant to do that, and I'm pretty sure they did.

I meant a pic of Lord Dialga, but I'm glad you found Mystery Dungeon pics. The Time Gear's light isn't identical, but it still feels pretty similar to me. I always assumed Temporal Tower's entrance was part of Original Dialga's design, (In my defense, I was 10 when PMD2 came out and it kind of looks like Dialga's back fin a little.) but I can't believe it's only part of Lord Dialga! That's an amazing detail if they meant to do that, and I'm pretty sure they did.
Got you covered.

And to be more specific: the ornamentation of Temporal Tower is made to resemble the venation of Dialga's skin. I do not claim it as something wholly original. However, PLA is the only occasion since Temporal Tower that I've seen where this pattern is reimagined as a solid, tangible spearhead. Explorerbros are still winning.

Last edited:
another question: How do move tutors work in this game and how quickly can they be accessed? Sylveon can only get Dazzling Gleam through tutor this game and can’t get Moonblast and istg if I can’t use it I’m gonna be pretty upset

Since buffs last for 1 turn in agile style 2 turns at default and 3 turns in strong style If you use a action speed raising move in strong style do you get 3 extra turns or is it still only 2 extra since strong style innately lowers the action speed on the move used

I could be mistaken, but apparently GF might internally consider the new Pokemon as part of Gen 9. Their asset index numbers are 1001 through 1007. For anyone who doesn't know, all Gen 1-5 Pokemon have asset numbers (i.e. how their texture files or cry audio files are named) identical to their National Pokedex numbers, but starting from XY, all Gen 6 Pokemon have an asset number in the 700s (Furfrou: 701, Hoopa: 774), all Gen 7 Pokemon are numbered from 801 (Mareanie) to 892 (Melmetal), and all Gen 8 Pokemon are numbered from 901 (Nicket) to 990 (Regidrago).

I personally don't think it means anything significant (I still personally group Melmetal with Gen 8 despite it being indexed as part of Gen 7) and ultimately the line between generations has been getting blurrier, but I found it interesting nonetheless.

Last edited:
I love team planners, do we know the area of each Pokemon to be sure I won't be alone with my starter for half of the game ? :D
So far as I know, this is the encounter spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1U9kl1OylpcoMvDqczJlHBomEidyYqvNPduaNb1K-dMU/edit#gid=0

As for my own team, this is what I have in mind. Mix of old and new.

It helps to know how early/late you get to the areas you want to get some choice mons in, so as far as I can tell (without having played the game), the areas in order are:

1. Obsidian Fieldlands
2. Crimson Mirelands
3. Cobalt Coastlands
4. Coronet Highlands
5. Alabaster Icelands

Alolan Ninetales: Quest Reward
Hisuian Goodra: Apparently in Crimson Mirelands, you can circumvent needing to unlock Basculegion Surf to get into Holm of Trials with a well-placed Wyrdeer jump to get to the right area over a river.
Heracross: Obsidian Fieldlands, though I don't know if you need Basculegion to reach the top right corner of that map or not. Can be replaced with H-Decidueye or H-Lilligant as necessary.
Mantine: Cobalt Coastlands. If I see a Eevee/Vaporeon in a Space Distortion early, might use that until Mantyke shows up.
Hisuian Typhlosioin: Kind of a flex slot, but I kinda wanna use it, so there. Either picking it first or hoping I get a neat Space Distortion.
Ursaluna: Crimson Mirelands.

Last edited:
It think it would be fun to just talk about our planned teams even if we all know we are gonna impulse catch 6 pokemon on the first route or zone or whatever.

I do not know how we get from Point A to Point B.
I do not know what heroes will rise and fall along the way.
All I know is that Power Shift Cresselia will manifest by my hand, ideally in time to pick a Legendary catfight with that smug springtide snake.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)