Silly Things You've Seen On The OU Ladder!

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-79502010
>Red Card Toxic Spikes Cloyster
>Curse Lum Quagsire
>Rest Lum Whimsicott

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-79504979
>Fly Talonflame (Why do so many people run this? What's the point of priority if your opponent has an entire turn to prepare for your attack?)
>Non Mega Aggron
>Jacoba Berry Latios
>Stone Edge Gyarados
>Dragon Rush Dragonite
>Magma Storm Heatran
>Stockpile Chesto Rest Snorlax (led to ragequit, Ill give him that)

Edit: Making this Random Shit volume 6.5 7, because .5's are silly.
-Overheat Talonflame. I guess it works...
Overheat is quite a reasonable choice for Talonflame. It's not going to use Special attacks often, so it really doesn't care about the Sp. Attack drop, and it is very helpful for breaking through physical walls, as well as preventing itself from taking contact/recoil damage from Rocky Helmet Ferrothorn.

Albacore

sludge bomb is better than sludge wave
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'd like it if people stopped with the "Pokemon without item/move" posts in general. There isn't a single Pokemon that's completely unviable without a certain move or a certain item, except maybe Eviolite.

This thread is supposed to highlight the presence of stupid, not the absence of clever.

Last edited:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-79573780
>Toxic Spikes, Venom Drench, Venoshock Dragalgae
>SubPunch Dusclops
>Weather Ball Victreebell
>Super Fang Purugly
Some interesting sets...
I think the silliest thing about that guy's team was the Weezing. Why would you sash a wall? Why Thunder, on what is essentially a Sun team (yeah, manual sun, but still). Honestly, the Victreebel is one of the few legit ideas this guy had. Only thing that would be silly is if he tried using Weather Ball outside the sun (which he did not).

I'd like it if people stopped with the "Pokemon without item/move" posts in general. There isn't a single Pokemon that's completely unviable without a certain move or a certain item, except maybe Eviolite.

This thread is supposed to highlight the presence of stupid, not the absence of clever.
Depends largely on what move is replacing the usual move, what kind of team it's on, etc. For example, most things viable with Life Orb can be viable with Specs/Band, Expert Belt, Sash (if it's especially frail), etc.. Kyurem-B without Outrage isn't necessarily stupid, but if it had Dragon Rage or Giga Impact instead, that would be stupid.

Basically, I'd like to see the posts to mostly be things like those Giga Impact teams, or Special attacking Darmanitan, and not things like Specs Greninja.

Last edited:
So since the "Silly things you've seen on the Ubers Ladder" thread is locked, does that mean we're using this thread for that too? May as well just make this the "silly things you've seen on Showdown" thread, then, and move it to the general Competitive section.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)