Silly Things You've Seen On The OU Ladder!

Random Shit volume 9:
-A Jirachi using Grass Knot and a Venusaur using Earthquake against a Skarmory.
-ChestoRest Sawk. I didn't realize it was so bulky.
-An Electivire player who ragequit after his EQ failed to 2HKO a Golem.
-Audino.
-A Double Hit Ambipom that nearly OHKOed a Goodra. Not bad for a move with 35 BP.
-An entire team nicknamed Reginald. Even the female mons.
-Red's team again, this time featuring Psychic Snorlax. It got swept by a Metagross.
-Psychic Porygon-Z. Using it on Deoxys-D. When Signal Beam (which it also had) does so much more damage.
-Gliscor with Sub and EQ, but no Toxic Orb. No idea if it was AcroBat.
-Hyper Beam Magmortar. And it made his opponent ragequit.
-Apparently Deoxys-S runs Zen Headbutt now. It didn't even have a Life Orb.
-A Mega Aggron that thought it was Jirachi and ran Thunder Wave and Iron Head. And Rock Slide, for some reason.
-Cresselia with Future Sight.

My friend was playing ou, his opponent left, so i took control of his opponent's team, he had:

>Power-up-punch/Rock slide Chansey. "[19:05:03] %Heisenß3rg: somebody got mad at talonflame"
>Special Gyarados
>Signal beam/Shadow ball Victini(not the worst thing ever, but i thought it was funny)
>Fly Skarmory

Al-Qaeda 2: The Rise of Osama

Random Shit volume 9:
-Apparently Deoxys-S runs Zen Headbutt now. It didn't even have a Life Orb.
-A Mega Aggron that thought it was Jirachi and ran Thunder Wave and Iron Head. And Rock Slide, for some reason.
-Cresselia with Future Sight.
Deoxys-S can run offencive sets, but must be supported with items.

That Mega-Aggron is not too silly. Talonflame can switch in, thinking it can hit Aggron with FlareBlitz. But it's a bait so he can Rock Slide it.

Cresselia has enough bulk to use Future Sight, but not the SpA....

Last edited:
Random Shit volume 10:
-Physical Raikou.
-Jigglypuff and Snivy among the silly things here: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-80115577
-A Nasty Plot Lucario... that killed itself when its HJK was blocked by Protect.
-Transform Smeargle.
-A Gliscor forced to use Struggle... and it won.
-A Skuntank with Defog. The funny part was the opponent's reaction to it: "What does it do, fart [hazards] away?"
-Genesect's Flamethrower burning two opponents in a row.
-An attempt to Toxic a Scizor.
-Ditto with Eject Button.
-Dual Chop Infernape. It missed.

Random Shit volume 10:
-A Nasty Plot Lucario... that killed itself when its HJK was blocked by Protect.
-Genesect's Flamethrower burning two opponents in a row.
Hey, Nasty Plot + Two Special Attacks + HJK is actually a valid set on Mega Lucario. The better question is why they were trying to use HJK against something that runs Protect in Singles. What was it anyway? A Speed Boost user? A Poison Heal Gliscor?

As for Flamethrower scoring two burns in a row, yeah, I've had that happen to me. But then, I've also had multiple opponents use Air Slash on me and miss… in the same day. Or the time I crit an opponent, and then he crit me twice in a row immediately afterwards. Or the time an opponent got multiple Pokémon swept by my Azumarill, then finally sent in something that could revenge kill and got crit immediately.

Hey, Nasty Plot + Two Special Attacks + HJK is actually a valid set on Mega Lucario. The better question is why they were trying to use HJK against something that runs Protect in Singles. What was it anyway? A Speed Boost user? A Poison Heal Gliscor?
It was a Wish+Protect Vaporeon. You'd think they would have seen that coming.

It was a Wish+Protect Vaporeon. You'd think they would have seen that coming.
…Yeah, okay, that's dumb. Your best bet if using that Mega Lucario set against Wish-Protect Vaporeon is not to. Your second best bet, if you have a Nasty Plot boost up, is to either set up another Nasty Plot boost and then spam, or just switch out.

Edit:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uubeta-79818950
>Aerial Ace Bisharp
>Cosmic Power Lopunny
>Acrobatics Aftermath Drifblim
>Mega Kick Quagsire
>Kings Rock (Aerial Ace? Probably not that bad) Heracross
That Flame Orb Milotic was beautiful. I love it!

Last edited:
yeah ..

The opposing Keldeo used Focus Blast!
Rotom-Wash lost 100% of its health!

Rotom-Wash fainted!
I fail to see how that's stupid. Keldeo is primarily a Special Attacker (barring its Ability), and Rotom-W resists its other STAB type. If for some reason he really doesn't want to switch Keldeo out, Focus Blast would be the way to go.
…Well, excluding the fact that for Focus Blast to OHKO Rotom-W, that would have to be either a Specs Modest Keldeo or be a CM Keldeo and either Modest at +1 or Timid at +2, and it would have to be facing a physically-defensive Rotom-W.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)