XY Metagame Speculation [SPOILERS ITT]

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I'm thinking Xerneas will be 130/95/135/95/135/90. It being a wall/tank would make sense. I could see it getting Recover, it being the Life Pokemon and all.

Yveltal, assuming it has a good or at least workable movepool, will probably be a great wallbreaker that can also act as an offensive check to Arceus-Ghost (which is something we need) thanks to its not insignificant bulk.

And that is why?
I think there's been a screenshot of it in battle from Nintendo and it had more than 90 base HP.
I'm thinking Xerneas will be 130/95/135/95/135/90. It being a wall/tank would make sense. I could see it getting Recover, it being the Life Pokemon and all.

Yveltal, assuming it has a good or at least workable movepool, will probably be a great wallbreaker that can also act as an offensive check to Arceus-Ghost (which is something we need) thanks to its not insignificant bulk.
With Yvetal, I think of how Lugia would like to run Sub/CM/Roost/Aeroblast but can't due to PP issues and just being weak in general. It'll be interesting to see if Yvetal gets a boosting move and can sort of condense Aeroblast and Roost into one move with Oblivion Wing. That'd leave room for coverage/Dark STAB/ a supporting option (Taunt?).

Because the stats are posted. The spread I gave is already the lowest you can go in those stats without demanding things like max IVs and it's already pretty ambitious.

LOL OOPS! I was reading yveltal where you were typing xerneas. nvm lol

Last edited:

Ash Borer

I've heard they're short of room in hell
135 base speed, and those defenses would be pretty impressive. How do these theoretical spreads compete with fairy arceus ? Of course freeing up the item slot is important, and movepool could go in either pokemon's favour, but still.

135 base speed, and those defenses would be pretty impressive. How do these theoretical spreads compete with fairy arceus ? Of course freeing up the item slot is important, and movepool could go in either pokemon's favour, but still.
Well, it gets a signature move that we don't know what it does. Maybe it can push it's favour over arceus.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
MegaMewtwoY's stats: 106/150/70/194/120/140

It hits slightly weaker than Life Orb Mewtwo (5% physically, 10% specially). So, +10 Speed, immunity to Dark Void, increased Sp. Defense and no LO recoil X shitty Defense, slightly weaker moves and no other Mega on the team. I'd say I'm perfectly ok with this.

It hits slightly weaker than Life Orb Mewtwo (5% physically, 10% specially). So, +10 Speed, immunity to Dark Void, increased Sp. Defense and no LO recoil X shitty Defense, slightly weaker moves and no other Mega on the team. I'd say I'm perfectly ok with this.
it can run modest and still outspeed max+ arceus and tornadus-t, though it's a couple of points behind timid darkrai. it can also just barely take a LO modest darkrai dark pulse after stealth rock. [scratch that i had lefties on darkrai for some reason.] but i'm not sure how useful all that stuff is since i don't actually play ubers.

still, the higher special defense seems like it would be useful in general.

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
It's slightly weaker than LO Mewtwo while boasting increased SDef, more Speed, and no LO recoil which allows it to live longer.

Considering most other MEvos probably won't be common, I'd say this thing is legit.

That physical defense though. It's going to be absolutely terrified about priority moves unless you significantly invest in bulk.

A potential Calm Mind set wouldn't mind such a thing.

I see Normal Arceus and Giratina-O are going to be under quite some use with this fellow around after it has taken some hazard damage.

Last edited:

Ash Borer

yeah not many other megas are enticing for ubers, thought it remains to be seen. By the way, an image exists of trevenant with the move "phantom force", does anyone have an image of this? Sounds like a solid physical ghost STAB, considering that trevenant has very high attack and average other stats, a decent ghost physical move would be in order.. Considering mewtwo Y's near equal physical power to life orb mewtwo's if a good physical ghost move exists now, and mewtwo learns it it could be viable to smash through specially bulkier psychic types that seek to wall psystrike + aura spehere, such as latias, and lugia. In fact it would be make physical attacking ghostceus and giratina a lot better if it has good BP, as shadow force is excellent, the extra turn it requires can be obnoxious letting the opponent heal, completely mitigated by protect, mitigated by subs, etc

assuming it's better than shadow claw and has distribution ofc.

Actually dat mewtwo X getting access to close combat, phantom force, depending on stats, and movepool, wow. Ubers needs some fighting.

Last edited:
yeah not many other megas are enticing for ubers, thought it remains to be seen. By the way, an image exists of trevenant with the move "phantom force", does anyone have an image of this? Sounds like a solid physical ghost STAB, considering that trevenant has very high attack and average other stats, a decent ghost physical move would be in order.. Considering mewtwo Y's near equal physical power to life orb mewtwo's if a good physical ghost move exists now, and mewtwo learns it it could be viable to smash through specially bulkier psychic types that seek to wall psystrike + aura spehere, such as latias, and lugia. In fact it would be make physical attacking ghostceus and giratina a lot better if it has good BP, as shadow force is excellent, the extra turn it requires can be obnoxious letting the opponent heal, completely mitigated by protect, mitigated by subs, etc

assuming it's better than shadow claw and has distribution ofc.
From what the leakers' information, it's basically ghost-type dig, aka down-powered shadow force.

it can run modest and still outspeed max+ arceus and tornadus-t, though it's a couple of points behind timid darkrai. it can also just barely take a LO modest darkrai dark pulse after stealth rock. [scratch that i had lefties on darkrai for some reason.] but i'm not sure how useful all that stuff is since i don't actually play ubers.

still, the higher special defense seems like it would be useful in general.
It can definitely take a LO Dark Pulse if it Megaevolves into Mewtwo X, and probably the same would go for a Genesect U-turn (although that thing could get a Mega Evo, too). Those will be some killer mind games for a Darkrai out against a Mewtwo that hasn't evolved yet. If it's Mewtwo Y, you can't Dark Void, and if it's Mewtwo X, you can't Dark Pulse. Of course, this is all null and void if Team Preview lets your opponent know which version/Mega Stone you have.

Damn. Hate to say because this poke is one of my favs but MegaMewtwo Y's stat changes seem to be irrelevant. Base 140 speed isn't outspeeding Deoxys-A, the one thing that naturally outsped it in ubers bar deoxys-s. It's SpAtk over Mewtwo is negated when you factor in life orb aswell. It got a nice little boost in Spdef but it really isn't all that important. I really hope the mega stones give their respective pokes atleast a small boost in power (in their moves) just for MegaMewtwo Y as of now. :/

Wouldn't Mega Mewtwo X be like Deoyxs-N?

Mega Mewtwo X would only have access to Low kick, psycho cut, frustration/return, earthquake, thunder/ice/fire punch, brick break, low sweep, aerial ace, giga impact, stone edge, aqua tail, drain punch, iron tail, posion jab and zen headbutt... It doesn't learn swords dance but it learns bulk up...

Ash Borer

I really wish people would stop saying that the life orb makes these formes irrelevant, suicide orbs are crap that cause priority moves to make you induce suicide, using substitute suicide, mispredicting switches inducing suicide, etc. Stacking up hazards, and life orb on anything but a suicide attacker or late game cleaner reduces longevity significantly. Garnering almost equivalent power to a life orb without the recoil is a huge boost to begin with, on top of other increased stats.

Also, increased base speed is not irrelevant because neutral speed natures outpace more now, and other speed tiers such as scarfers who outpaced mewto before can no longer.

Regarding Mega Mewtwo Y stats changes. Atk: It has a significant boost in attack, however, unless it get some really defining physical move, it is much better to max out SAtk and use Psystrike for mixed attacking prowess. Def: Lower physical defense means Genesect will always get a attack boost and U-turn will OHKO. Furthermore, common priority in the form of Shadow Sneak and Extreme Speed will fall it more easily. SAtk: Less power than regular LO Mewtwo but without the recoil. However, when you consider than Mewtwo rarely survive two consecutive hits from offensive Pokemon, LO recoil becomes more or less irrelevant. SDef: This is a good boost as most Pokemon in uber are specially inclined and higher SDef is generally more useful then physical defense. Speed: eh, it can afford to run modest, less speed ev's but other than that, not really a major boost.

All in all, I believe a secondary type is more viable for Mega Evolution. With Mega Mewtwo X stats likely to be just as impressive, it's secondary fighting type will give it the nod over MMY.

Now MegaBlaziken lost even his only niche of Speed Boost+Baton Pass. Sweet.
Wait, how? The Mega Stone for each respective Pokemon can change abilities, but that doesn't mean that Blaziken changes its ability. Blaziken actually keeps his ability after morphing. I don't think there's a different item out there. It just sounds like an NPC talking about Mega-related items like Blazikenite.

Also, Speed Boost + Baton pass is not it's only niche. Blaziken is a powerful sweeper in the sun, that can demolish loads of Pokemon. In fact, Baton Pass Blaziken is illegal as of now, but this may change with the event Torchic.

Actually, I want to nitpick the base speed because the stat you gave would only work if the leaked image we got had max IVs in speed. So this could basically go all the way up to like 150 base speed. Personally, I would like to see it stop at 145 (which is possible assuming it's 20/21 IVs) because at 150 Modest Spermtwo outspeeds Timid Classictwo. (and I dislike Spermtwo so I don't want it to be any good)

Assuming that it is 145 base speed, this mega forme isn't exactly superior. The spatk is basically the equivalent of twisted spoon Classictwo except that the boost applies to all of it's moves. At 145, the extra speed is pretty irrelevent besides creeping Classictwo. Also, the spdef isn't exactly a gift as it means that Genesect is going to always get the attack boost unless you drop it below it's now weaker def. (meaning more prone to prio) Overall, I'd pretty much prefer LO 3 attacks + Recover Classictwo for being harder to revenge kill as well as stronger.

If the base speed hits 150 then you could just use Modest Spermtwo and be as strong as LO Classictwo as well as faster. (which means it's pretty much a straight-up improvement)

EDIT: NVM! Apparently we had Classictwo raw stats too which show that it did in fact have a max speed IV! Spermtwo sux, long live Classictwo!

Last edited:

Manaphy

Throughout heaven and earth, I alone am family guy
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor

Now MegaBlaziken lost even his only niche of Speed Boost+Baton Pass. Sweet.
Yes, I've heard about this before. We're not positive this thing works on DW abilities yet but if it does

SHADOW TAG CHANDELURE.

I just saw the Z legendary Zygarde.... I want to cry in a corner...... so disappointing..........

too lazy to scroll up and see if someone had posted it before so w.e

shitty ass stats.... and design.......

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I just saw the Z legendary Zygarde.... I want to cry in a corner...... so disappointing..........

Fucking retarded

Yveltal and xerness as are both immune to one of its stabs while xerneas hits with a stab fairy and yveltal has oblivion wing to wreck it. Also Ugly

It's pulling off a Kyurem most likely. I bet it will have the sickest alternate form...although I actually kind of like Zygarde's design. That color scheme is what's good though

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)