XY Experiences

beat this game, 21:06

What surprised you as you played through the game?
getting free luke and then free lapras almost immediately. wat. also useful since you dont need to get a catch slave anymore

What disappointed you as you played through the game?

i never found cut /o\ the location is the parfum maze but i still cant find it
also i think i never got the bike (is there even one?)
second gym takes forever to reach (even the level curve says so, gym 1's strongest is l12 vivillon and gym 2's strongest is l25 tyrunt...)
team flare's goals were retarded, as expected. like, evil teams goals go from "WORLD FUCKING DOMINATION" by rocket to "WORLD FUCKING DOMINATION BY WEATHERMEN" by aqua/magma to "WORLD FUCKING DOMINATION BY SPACEMEN" by galactic to "the fuck N what the fuck" to... this. "THIS WORLD IS SO BEAUTIFUL YOU MUST DIE". i think i cringed at least a million times just by fighting team flare and their fucking retarded pose and... i don't even know.
also i think they wanted to play up the surprise factor by having lysandre go "IN THE NAME OF TEAM FLARE YOU MUST DIE" through the holo caster into your face... except that lysandre was so obvious i pretty much called it from the start. the scientists were so god-damned generic that they could very well be one person and the plot wouldn't change. at least mars/jupiter/saturn had some semblance of characterisation. pretty much the same issue as bw1 plasma...
lastly, exp. share. exp fucking share. this thing broke the game so badly i don't even want to elaborate. exp is no longer scaled by level for whatever weird reason, and each guy gets like half the exp shown. it actually promotes soloes wtf ._.
finally the ending was bad. just bad. HEY THIS SHIT PRETTY MUCH OCCURRED BECAUSE SOME EMO ASS WANTED TO REVIVE HIS... florette. wat

How could they have improved the game to remove this disappointment?
at least let the asshole owner or the black belt dude give it to you after catching snorlax or something ._>
also at least a lot more work can be done into team flare imo... it just looks like something dumped in as a convenient excuse for a plot.
also pls fix exp share or something, at least let the exp be scaled by level (just like bw). i didn't grind a lot and i still walked into the e4 with an average party level of 64 (my team was haxorus/simipour/chesnaught/charizard/blaziken/lucario)
What parts of the game do you enjoy?
destroying everything with mega stuff

Which Pokémon did you really enjoy using?
blaziken is a real game-breaker with sd available by lumiose and speed boost... aside from that chespin was surprisingly enjoyable (rollout ftw!)

Which Pokémon ended up being a lot worse than you thought they would be?

axew. wrecked millions of shit as haxorus but the axew stage was nothing but pain. lv38 evolution doesn't really help, and it basically sucks until dragon dance.
Which gyms did you find the most challenging?
most of the gyms were pretty easy, haha. i guess the fairy gym was probably a challenge, since my team was quite shitty against them (chesnaught, haxorus, blaziken, megazard x hit supereffectively, lucario can't do much)

Last edited:
Floette learns both Aromatherapy and Misty Terrain—now I'm wondering which I should give her (just talking about in-game, not for competitive use) ... Aromatherapy still seems like the better choice, since it can actually cure conditions rather than just prevent them.

I'm barely at Reflection Cave, and frankly, it's been a pretty easy ride for me so far. My current team is:
lvl. 32 Pangoro
lvl. 33 Pikachu w/ Light Ball
lvl. 33 Floette
lvl 34 Venusaur
lvl. 34 Fletchinder
lvl. 36 Greninja
The Exp. Share has taken a lot of the grief out of training (I'm already starting on training this Honedge I've saved), but right now, I can't help but feel that the game is going to throw a major curve ball at me at some point like Random Trainers with access to Megalutions or a level spike.
well it would be with levels like that. turn off exp share. i just got to reflection cave and i have a level 15 mr mime, level 21 hawlucha and a bunch of 24-28s

My team (all around 47):

Greninja (Pretty decent, but it sucks to have to use Thief and Return as coverage moves with surf, and water shuriken is just kind of there)

Venusaur (Amazing with the Mega evolution, shit is wrecked with petal dance.)

Doublade (Not sure when to evolve, it's pretty good with Eviolite)

Tyrantrum (The Dragon type has saved my ass against Grass and Water types a lot, but I need to remember to watch out for the fairy types.)

Staraptor (Sort of wanted Hawlucha, but I heard it couldn't participate in Sky battles so I went with the loyal staraptor)

(No sixth team member yet, I wanted Rotom but game freak made getting it pretty much the worst thing ever)

Using Steelix as an HM slave, it has cut, strength and rock smash. I need something that can learn those and Waterfall.

Awesome game so far, great graphics, and the level curve is similair to BW2, but I'm not sure about the XP share making it too easy. I turn it on once in a while if I'm getting underleveled. I'm at the ice cave north of the psychic gym town. I got lost quite a bit because it's a big area and I want to get all the items and fight all the trainers. I would be further but I wasted about 4 hours fruitlessly checking trash cans for Rotom. I never want to see another trash can again in my life. I bought a cool looking but pricey (P80,000) Red Fedora from the lumiose clothes shop so my trainer looks pretty sweet.

Last edited:
So I've made some good progress since the last time I've touched the game. I didn't really want to play the game yesterday since I kinda burned myself out over the weekend, but I managed to get 2 more badges and stop Team Flare's plans today. Goddamn, the Team Flare climax was some pretty heavy shit, I teared up a bit at AZ's speech. I also stopped using the EXP Share. All my Pokemon were way more powerful than Clemont's team, so I decided to not break the game further. Anyhoo, team run-down time!

Lv. 49 Greninja: Thief / Surf / Grass Knot / Extrasensory (Not my favourite team member, but he gets the job done.)
Lv. 49 Venusaur: Sleep Powder / Venoshock / Grass Knot / Return (See above, only with extra mon catching power!)
Lv. 49 Lucario: Aura Sphere / Calm Mind / Hidden Power Ice / Bone Rush (I adore this guy to bits.)
Lv. 49 Doublade: Swords Dance / Shadow Sneak / Rock Smash / Iron Head (Pretty cool. Can plough through a team if the conditions are right.)
Lv. 50 Gengar: Shadow Ball / Venoshock / Dazzling Gleam / Thunderbolt (Gabite wasn't doing it for me. Gengar on the other hand, has been an absolute powerhouse from the word go. Thank you GTS and random lady with the Gengarite.)
Lv. 50 Xerneas: Gravity / Geomancy / Moonblast / Megahorn (Sorry Sylveon, but your movepool sucks. Might as well use the badass legendary that makes you immortal.)

On my way to collect my last badge now! See you guys when I'm the champion.

Pokemon Aime... stop being fun!!! Please I need to keep the ... *pikachu does a sad face* ... *makes stupid face to the 3ds*

So I was looking to use a Fairy type and decided on a Snubull/Granbull for fun. It has workable stats and good attack plus the one I caught has Intimidate.
But... When does this thing learn any worthwhile Fairy attack? All it knows so far is Charm. So I'm stuck relying on friggin' Headbutt and Bite. I want a physical Fairy, and I just might backtrack for an Azurill. Intimidate + Charm makes everything hit like a pillow though.

Fletchinder also has an awful learnset in regards to STAB. Level 32/33 and still using Ember and Peck. Peck!! Come on, buddy.

Also Super Training is fun but as someone who is left-handed, it can be very difficult...

Having 6 slot syndrome right now. Current team as of last save:
- Meowstic (Marion)
- Fletchinder (Fiora)
- lucario (Roland) *that I trained from a Riolu myself!
- Venusaur (Gary)
- Granbull (Cait)
- Hawlucha (Hugo)
in reserve:
- Pancham (Batsu) *evolution method?
- Houndoom (Augustus)
- Rhyhorn (Hadrian)
- Helioptile (Apollo)
- Frogadier (Jiraiya)

decisions... And there is still so much coming up!

Last edited:
Just finished SR'ing my synchronised Timid Yveltal to get the flawless IV's in speed and SpAtt, got the 3rd in SpDef a 27 IV in HP a 22 in Att and a disappointing 9 in Def but meh, it's a trophy pokemon so I'm happy to have it be halfway decent should I decide to use it in Wi-Fi.

- Pancham (Batsu) *evolution method?
You have to get it to at least Lv. 32 with a Dark type in your party. So you can either evolve your Froggie or there are Sandile kinda earlier on outside the Glimmering Cave.

-----

Seven badges in, and my team's gone through some more revisions. It's never-ending. Still not completely satisfied, but I want it to (mostly) come together before the E4.

The Right-Now Team:

- Chesnaught
- Kangaskhan
- Slowbro
- Goodra
- Tyrantrum
- Ampharos

Slowbro and newcomer Goodra provide a defensive core that compliments each other really well, and the drippy dragon gives me my much-needed special wall. Modest nature w/ full SpA packs a wallop and provides excellent bulk. Plus it's just so darn cute. A recover move would have been wonderful, but you can't have it all. At some point I need to breed a better Tyrantrum (I settled for a female w/ neutral nature) or just replace her with something now that I have another dragon. Also might end up getting a Skarmory when I hit Victory Road since I need a fairy deterrent. Then again, I feel kinda bad for not having any Fairy types in the game they're introduced in, so maybe...

Random Pokemon-Amie fact: You can feed puffs to either Kangaskhan or Baby-on-boardskhan and they'll react the same way.

Manaphy

Throughout heaven and earth, I alone am family guy
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Eh I'm not so sure about it being set. I remember one of the leakers saying Yveltal was a bitch to catch.

Cleared the E4 with one seriously underleveled team.

Gardevoir lv57
Yveltal lv57
Blaziken lv54 <MEGA>
Lucario lv55 <MEGA>
Blastoise lv52 <MEGA>
And lastly, my starter pokemon Chestnaught... A whopping level 46. Yeah, the game was not kind to him after the first few gyms for me.
(Still, my Gardevoir took on Diantha's Mega Gardevoir and won by two consecutive miracle crits with Shadow Ball. All that effort I put into maxing out her affection was not wasted...)

Starting on X now. A couple soft-resets (lucky me) got me a female Fennekin with Serious nature and thoroughly cunning personality, and now I'm going to brainstorm for my future team.

Yeah, I was getting some weird glitches at the beginning (mostly graphical or audio blips, nothing that severe), but they seem to have largely disappeared after an hour or so. Are you using an EShop version, by any chance?
Physical cart. I do think I figured out the problem. The loss of Internet connection when the 3DS closes seems to be the culprit. I toggled the wireless receiver off and on and the game came right back. Could be because I'm on a gen 1 3DS.

And lastly, my starter pokemon Chestnaught... A whopping level 46. Yeah, the game was not kind to him after the first few gyms for me.
Yeah, I noticed that the gyms near the end of the game, as well as Flare's love of fire and poison types, weren't going to be very nice to a grass/fighting type. It reminds me of the Torchic line in Emerald: "Wait, what the hell am I going to do with a fire/fighting type here? The last half of the game is friggin' water." On the plus side, Fire/Psychic has been pretty good through the first four gyms, and resists Psychic and Ice, so you should do better with your starter this run.

Current team after clearing Lysandre's Lab. I'm having soooo many problems trying to decide what to use, there are just too many awesome Pokemon. ;.;

Main Team:
Greninja lvl. 56
Charizard X lvl. 56
Tyrantrum lvl. 55
Goodra lvl. 53
Trevenant lvl. 54

Sixth Slot Rotators:
Klefki lvl. 50
Florges lvl. 50
Raichu lvl. 49

Yo I wasted my Master Ball on that thing because I didn't want to spam the balls. I should have remembered Zekrom.
Yeah, if you want your Master Ball to count, it has to be used on either one of the legendary birds or Mewtwo. Five generations later, and they're all STILL hard as hell to catch.

Just beat the Elite 4 myself. Took a whopping 47 hours and 20 minutes, which is easily my longest time (usually under 30). I made it a point when the leaks were coming out that I didn't want to know what any of the Gyms or Elite 4 types were. I felt that if I knew what was ahead then I would spend too much time telegraphing my team and using what I needed, not wanted. And, as it turns out, I ended up having the PERFECT team to beat...NAY...CRUSH the Elite 4. It wasn't a matter of levels since I was pretty even with them going in (low to mid 60s), it was simply a matter of I had all the right team members.

Jiraiya the Greninja lvl 69
Lancelot the Aegislash lvl 65
Feus the Talonflame lvl 65
Kablouie the Helioisk lvl 62
Mustang the Charizard lvl 66
Xerneas the..uh Xerneas lvl 64

Helioisk took care of the Water Chamber, Talonflame and Charizard the Steel, Xerneas and Charizard the Dragon, Greninja the Fire, and everyone chipped in against the Champ. I couldn't have scripted a better team. Best decision was also probably my hardest, which was switching out Hawlucha, a beast of a Pokemon, for Xerneas. As much of a badass Hawlucha is, I just felt Xerneas's Fairy typing would be needed more, and sure enough, it was.

My favorite part is that every team member excluding Xerneas is someone I got either at the beginning or fairly early. Obviously Greninja was my starter and Charizard was given to me, but Talonflame was my first capture, Aegislash I caught at lvl 12, and Helioisk was my last addition at lvl 16. I did also catch Hawlucha at lvl 19, and even though he didn't make the final cut, he's sitting pretty at lvl 58 in his box. I tried some combinations with Bunnelby, Skiddo, Pansage, Pancham, Pikachu, and a few others, but those five were the ones that stuck it out with me. I also made absolutely certain Greninja was the one with the finish moves. It was his Surf that finished off Mega Gardevoir and his Dark Pulse that took out Sigilyph. It only felt right to have my starter be my finisher. I'm just sentimental like that. Greninja wasn't amazing, but with that amazing speed and diverse and powerful movepool, he's pretty gosh darn good.

------------------------------------------------

With that out of the way, this is easily the best game in the series. I don't want to sound like I'm living in the moment, but I don't think my opinion will any different a year from, mostly because I will with little doubt still be playing these games. The graphics and massive variety alone put this game on a different scale, but the smoothness of the gameplay is great, and it all starts out with the beginning where everything moves so fast. From starting your game to catching your first Pokemon can't take any longer than 5 or 6 minutes. Pokemon Centers are faster, the box system is smoother, healing and teaching TMs is super easy, training and grinding has never been easier, and saving only takes, like, two seconds! Everything is just quick and easy and it needs to be because of how huge the map is, which is a big plus. Finally, it actually feels like you're on a journey that takes time to complete. And this needs to be said again: The sheer amount of Pokemon in this game is amazing. I have never caught or wanted to use so many Pokemon in all my life. I am already trying figure out the different combinations I can use for Y and my next run of X. The desire to just want to play this game over and over again is what really sets it apart. I played Yellow and Crystal a couple times, same for Ruby and Emerald, and had three runs between White and Black 2, but they were years apart from each other. I just finished X today and I'm already considering playing Y tomorrow. Unbelievable.

The only problem I had with this game is the same problem I have with every game, and that's the over reliance on HMs. It's such a hindrance when I have to either teach my good Pokemon bad attacks or keep Pokemon I'd otherwise not use around. Hell, some people have a Pokemon that they use solely for HMs and nothing else, essentially making there party 5 instead of 6, which I think goes against the spirit of the game, Gamefreak.

Other than that, though, I honestly think this is as perfect as a Pokemon game can be. Great graphics, fast gameplay, variety, size; there's not much that needs be worked on.

Every team member I have is at lv72 except Chesnaught and Charizard. I also have 83 of the 100 TMs in the game with a few left over to purchase and then the Battle Tower TMs.

My pokemon were all at least level 75 before the elite 4 and I didn't even grind at all. Exp share is overpowered lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)